PNY Sabotage Plan

The past two PNY USB drives I have bought corrupted themselves/came with broken sectors, with my files on them (thus corrupting my files). You could also only torrent files to them at a rate of bytes per second to 312 kbps tops. Same thing with file transfers to or from them (and they would also freeze the computer every time).

One showed itself as corrupt about two weeks after buying it, and the other within an hour of using it. The hour one is so corrupted that it is stuck in "read-only" mode, and thus is essentially bricked. One of my old PNYs that I've had for a few years but only used 20-30 times recently corrupted too, losing all important files on it (which I have backed up elsewhere).

Fuck this brand, I will never buy it again and I will do my best to steer friends away from it.

In the next week I'm going to start making several trips a month to different stores and slightly pierce as many PNY USB packages as possible and fill them all with super glue and Caprisun.

1. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Which USB brands are solid for as many years as possible?

3. What other or easier ways can I sabotage PNY USBs in stores?

Attached: Kill.png (432x432, 91K)

Of the 100+ Kingston Datatraveller G4 16/32/64Gb drives we bought in the last year, we've had precisely zero failures. I suggest you get over it op and choose a better brand in the future.

Yeah my 64 gb PNY got so fucked after flashing Linux to it I can't properly format it ever again

Never had an issue with my sandisk drives even though i have never gotten the speeds they advertise.

Caprisun and super glue good idea user.

i bought one of these at the local convenience store and it overheated. it no longer works

Kingston is one of the few brands whose USBs don't nuke themselves two weeks into use.

Kingston acknowledged.

I don't doubt it.

I have heard good about SanDisk as well, but the false speed advertising turns me off to them. Thanks. I only name Caprisun because of the straw being able to fit into a small slit I will put in plastic protecting the USBs. I'd never drink that garbage.

I don't doubt that either.

Another plus for Kingston.

Attached: PNY Contact.png (601x628, 60K)

Lol that message to PNY

I sent it every which way on PNY's site. I wonder if the CEO will actually be put on notice or care that his company is shipping defective products and has no quality control whatsoever.

Attached: PNY Threat Kino.png (496x642, 54K)

Yup, had one of these crap out and brick after a month or so of use and that was probably only because I hadn't filled it up that much before then. If I had filled it all on day one, it probably would have shit right then. Never again, there's a reason they are half the price of the others.

I've never owned a PNY USB before but I've used 2 LeXar USBs and they both corrupted themselves after a month or two of use. Now I've used a Samsung USB keyring and Kingston USB and they've been going strong for 5 years now

Which Samsung one do you have?

Also, is there a store that carries Samsung USBs that I can buy in person?

>In the next week I'm going to start making several trips a month to different stores and slightly pierce as many PNY USB packages as possible and fill them all with super glue and Caprisun.
link to your local news station so i can wait for you to get arrested and laugh my ass off

>In the next week I'm going to start making several trips a month to different stores and slightly pierce as many PNY USB packages as possible and fill them all with super glue and Caprisun.
what a nigger.
neck yourself

I have never had a single failed flash drive in my entire life. What do you retards do with them?

So far I've seen exactly 0 (zero) good, worthy, fast, reliable, long-lasting and standard-conforming USB sticks.

PS: Try out a cheap chink MicroSD card. A 3,5" floppy is a rocket in comparison.

I had few Corsair GT flashes over the years. They tend to completely die after 3-4 years, but they are obsolete capacity by that time anyway.
Great speeds, tho.

Attached: update.jpg (500x1501, 509K)

>PS: Try out a cheap chink MicroSD card. A 3,5" floppy is a rocket in comparison.
128GB "osmr" MicroSD.
Flashing a

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-19 at 20.03.59.png (526x221, 15K)

>Implying I won't be wearing a disguise and doing it in a different neighborhood.
>Implying I'll be doing it with anyone around.

Nothing more than try to transfer files to/from them and try to torrent to them.

So far, you should avoid PNY and Lexar.

and osmr

please stop posting and get of this board you cringey faggot

Gooby pls.

>downloading torrents directly to a USB stick

I have a 16gb USB 3.0 that i bought at the random bookstore in Switzerland and i've been using it for 6 years now.
I transferred enormous amounts of data with it. At least 10 full transfers of 1tb drives back and forth without pausing + everyday usage for school. I even carry it as a keychain accessory, which means physical stress as well. I went to festivals with it, jumped for hours, spilled drinks on it and it still works perfectly.
I would tell you the brand, but marking wore out years ago

That was already obvious. Don't use brands that can't be pronounced and that nobody has ever heard of.

Why would anyone download Torrents directly to a USB stick? Are you people mental?

this, he probably uses utorrent too

This one but 16gb
Check amazon or some other online store

Attached: 7125t6nif8L._SL1500_.jpg (564x838, 98K)

This looked like a good deal when I was shopping for one, but that retarded shape would make it less painful cket friendly so I ultimately went with a SanDisk.

>painful cket
POCKET
What the fuck autocorrect. Also top quality proofreading on my part.

Seriously, what the fuck, you're probably shitting them out just by doing that

I heard that Verbatim is also a good brand, anyone here used them?

Why not?

Why the fuck not? You're weird!

Where can someone physically (not online) buy Samsung USBs?

Where do you live?
They sell them at netonnet here in sweden

Because the shitty slow I/O of a USB stick makes the tiny random writes of a torrent very slow. Torrents write small blocks of a few KB at a time. Flash memory devices like USB sticks have erase blocks of a couple MB. So every block you download and write to the stick, the stick has to read a few MB, change the few KB you're writing, and write it to a new block. Then after a while it pauses to garbage collect. This also wears out the flash memory quicker.

USB sticks are designed for long linear I/O like when you write a file to it, not small random I/O like when you repeatedly change a couple sectors here and there in a file.

Try booting from it on a USB 3 port with xHCI disabled.

Attached: Hyena+cornered+by+wild+dogs+fights+like+a+warrior_aa3621_6878300.jpg (1200x597, 302K)

I work at a large retail company that sells tech products and out of the blue my boss told me to put up displays and sell out our supply of PNY Turbo Attache 3 16gb thumbdrives for ridiculously low prices. They look identical to that.

I'm pretty suspicious now.

Attached: D0wmeRiX4AINmqu.jpg orig.jpg (1333x2000, 284K)

Can recommend Transcend. Watch out for the "Made in Taiwan"!

Attached: transcend_ts64gjf710s_64gb_capless_jetflash_710_1074914 (1).jpg (1000x1000, 54K)

bought a g4 that was DOA. stuck it in my drawer for couple years, then found it again and contacted kingston. they replaced it no problem and the replacement works fine.

i had a pny ssd that started failing after just over 2 years. really should have sent that one in for warranty.

my 2 kingston usb's shat themselves in a seconds after use

Attached: snapshot_17.38.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

i still use a 1gb kingston data traveler from 2008
that little piece of shit has gone trought so many horrors

>I have one of those that is 128GB
>Used it for a couple of months
>Gparted doesn't see it.
>Windows format reads it as USB drive but when I try to open it claims no device is plugged
Fuck PNY

Attached: 1374979505221.png (700x700, 90K)

the build quallity on these things are fucking terrible but they never stopped working for me. they're literally everywhere and they're dirt cheap so it's not a big deal when it starts fucking up. I only use it as a live usb

>128GB
Why not just get a 2.5" external drive at that point? If you need that much on the go capacity but "can't" move a small drive around with you then I don't know what to tell you.

Me Too ! I recently had a 32gb PNY drive just like OPs picture fail to format or work properly right out of the box. Since I got it on eBay , I assumed it was counterfeit since I had lots of problems with counterfeit SD cards from eBay. The only other USB flash drives I had fail were Kingston but they were used for several years.

open cmd, type diskpart and then type list disk
select your usb like so
select disk
for me its select disk 5

then type
clean
create partition primary

then go format it normally

dont clean the wrong drive nigger