What camera do I need to test flicker on my monitor?

what camera do I need to test flicker on my monitor?

Attached: LF3Y4.jpg (2592x1944, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any camera that doesn't have the same refresh rate as you monitor.

>not having flicker free monitor

You have flicker if your monitor has a refresh rate.

Any camera that does more than 30fps

a slightly slower shutter speed.

DC(direct current) PWM = flicker-free
My TV has 480hz PWM but I can't capture using regular camera

No. It's the backlight the causes flicker, these are not CRTs.

Most cameras will show it, if you turn off correction for 50/100 or 60/120 flicker.

PWM can be DC. What you mean is just constant DC current. Like PWM with a big enough cap.

DC blacklight = flicker-free you dumb ass

This is not tied to refresh rate, unless you use blanking for less blur at higher frame/refresh rates.
A normal flat panel refreshing it's screen is not going to flicker at 100% brightness or non-PWM backlight.

delet pwm backlights or at least make em 400hz+
fucking chinks saving pennies

the one you have with you

LG monitors = Flicker free
LG TVs = 120hz PWM (worst flicker of all even worse than those South African JVC and Turkey/Germany Vestel(Telefunken) tvs.

MOnitor brands = Dell, iiyama and LG make flicker-free monitors
TV brands = Vizion and Sony almost all models are flicker-free

Attached: ramesh-electronics-west-ponnagaram-madurai-tv-repair-and-services-k6vqz.jpg (960x720, 97K)

i'm enraged because i upgraded from an s3 mini to an s4 mini and i can see backlight strobing on low brightness
that said it's a fair bit darker than the s3 but it strobes at ~100hz
can this be fixed in software or do i have to physically replace some timer or someshit

>flicker
>lcd

All smartphones suck
I wish I could live without one. Flicker is the most horrible thing especially on monitors and cellphone

Poor fragile snowflake babby. I'm from the 90s, when all TVs and most monitors flickered at 60 Hz, 70-85 if you had a nice monitor. I had a 486 with a weird graphics card that dropped to 48 Hz for higher resolutions. Most LCDs are practically flicker free in comparison.

Not only the backlight, but the LCD itself also flickers.

lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

Attached: 1550526388652.png (1142x194, 21K)

I built this ghetto flicker tester from salvaged parts. You hook it up to the mic port and download a program called Soundcard Scope which turns your PC into a DIY oscilloscope. It works until 20 kHz. I use it to test monitors and bulbs.

Attached: IMG_20190305_011258.jpg (4096x2304, 1.81M)

Contrary to popular belief, incandescent bulbs flicker as well. But it isn't the flickering frequency that's bad, it the intensity. Shitty LEDs will completely turn off every cycle which is the worst kind of bulb imaginable. There are some fluorescents that are very bad in this regard as well.

Attached: DSC_0009.jpg (2048x1536, 869K)

Yeah when displaying patterns you typically don't encounter in real life.

>babby
baby

back2rebbid newfag

It's the frequency too. Since incandescent bulbs light or both halves of an AC cycle, 60 Hz countries get incandescent bulbs flickering at 120 Hz, which is basically not visible regardless of intensity. LEDs only light for half of the cycle if they've been been made so cheaply that they just feed AC into the LED instead of using a full bridge rectifier, so shitty cheap LEDs will flicker at 60 Hz, going completely dark for half the cycle. Good LEDs will use a full bridge rectifier and a capacitor to smooth the resulting 120 Hz waveform a bit, so they don't flicker visibly at all.

I spent 14 years using CRT monitors and I have severe headaches and eye issues because of it
it's been 11 years since I use LCD monitors and LCD tvs and I wish they didn't mess with my head

do LED lamps flicker? how can I test if the flicker is hurting my eyes?
I mean is it below 100hz?

>LG monitors = Flicker free
I have a LG 24incher from 2015 and it flickers at 240hz.

PAY DENBTS

If you don't notice flicker than I wouldn't worry about it
If you want to avoid flicker from LED bulbs than avoid LED filament style bulbs like pic related
Also avoid really cheap bulbs as they can have a flicker
In my experience any non-filament style bulb that wasn't 99c from a dollar store are flicker free

Attached: 22e1aa6f994240808894a55d017da7c5.png (1020x1200, 372K)

acer trash 27 inch 144hz tn here. do. not. buy. this. trash.
I have to stay at 60hz for desktop usage or else I literally go blind from motion sickness. this piece of hot flaming dog shit has the worst flickering I've ever encountered. the funny thing is, it says "flicker free" on the box

Attached: 1545172398598.jpg (963x649, 167K)