GNOME: Is It Really That Bad?

I don't get what people have against GNOME. Nearly all of the functionality issues can be solved by extensions and, yes, it is a bit buggy, but it's no more buggy than any other DE. Can someone explain to me what all the fuss is about?
pic related: screenshot of my GNOME desktop after I installed some extensions.

Attached: GNOME-Screenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

okay nevermind it just fucking crashed wtf

its too laggy
go back to whatever shithole you came from
all fields
with love
mr. wise sage

Kek
Also what good is something if you have to add extensions for it to be good?

GNOME was designed by "designers" who think all GUIs should be just a few big buttons so "minorities" can use computers.

>That wallpaper
>That theme
Stop trying to make linux look like Windows/Mac.

I like gnome just decided to try out kde though so i could get a good file picker in fire fox, it's disgusting in my opinion

Attached: scrot.png (1280x800, 522K)

Gnome it's fokkin written in Javascript.

Nuff said.

kde unlike gnome is infinitely customizable.
you can even make it look exactly like gnome

My God FOSS is a disaster when it comes to UI. Both Gnome and KDE have been around of over 15 years and they’re still beta-quality by proprietary standards. What the fuck.

Attached: 35CAAF1D-44C2-4DDC-BCFB-EE9C76C0019E.jpg (600x940, 152K)

javascript, laggy as FUCK for no reason (actually there is one: javascript) (((((extensions)))))) and ((((((gtk))))))

Most of KDE is written in JavaScript.

No, but most gnome users probably aren't lowlifes wasting time on ricing.
If people wanna rant,they should rant about it being the default de for the main distros out there

Why it doesn't glitch like Gnome then?

no, it's a great meme. People don't want you to use it so you get the buggy kde or xfce experience until you give up linux. Plus has wayland, and supported forever. Enjoy watching all other DE projects die.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-04 16-39-06.png (1600x900, 1.03M)

GDE isn't dead.
I'm currently porting simple WM from C++ to FreePascal...

Xfce or GTFO.

Attached: 1540572148187.png (408x368, 96K)

LXQT, because GTK (ver > 2.0) belongs to trash.

> Enjoy watching all other DE projects die.
Good riddance. DEs are useless bloat.

I use it on my main machine.
It's laggy af.

Better threading model

Thoughts on budgie? A few minor bugs here and there but it just werks

Kde

what decorations are you using for thin titlebars?

Attached: ffmpeg.png (1366x768, 151K)

>kde
>buggy
I don't get this meme, I've been using KDE for a year on Fedora and it's stable as fuck

maybe your distro just has a shitty outdated version of KDE? Ubuntu's KDE is notoriously bad

No quarter tiling and non removable menu bar. Extensions are even buggier than the real thing, and it's hard to verify their trustworthiness.

KDE, XFCE, and LXQT have none of these problems and use less RAM.

true. i wish mate hadn't made the switch. now all the classic gtk2 themes are broken as fuck

Attached: 145210-1.png (1024x768, 66K)

come back to me after you've actually tried modifying the stock kde settings / layouts

KDE is dog shit. It suffers from numerous graphical issues. Especially on multi monitor systems.

i once had these white pixel-y blotches all over the ui after changing some settings, all that i needed to do to fix it was log out then in again. keep in mind that this only happened once and was trivially easy to fix.

the kind of stupid you get with gnome is the kind that cant be fixed

Attached: modal-dialogs.png (318x325, 48K)

but you can disable application menus