Having perfectly working pc

>having perfectly working pc
>still want to update something

Attached: 15443763713710.jpg (2560x1920, 1.03M)

Welcome to adulthood.

ever since options to backup/transfer/sync stuff without icloud started disappering from OSX/iOS I've stopped following updates. I've been bored and updated os on my android phone and the only noticable change is a few additional bugs.

Checked. Do something actually productive. No, ricing isn't productive.

Like what?

Learning Japanese

>I spent 2,000 hours building and fine tuning a car. Now it's perfect, what do I do next?
I don't know, maybe use the thing for something? A working computer is a tool, not a goal.

Start a project using a 'modern' javascript frontend and you'll have dependencies to upgrade every day :)
Or you can also use Arch which has updates every day

>have fully working computer
>buy a new one for $1000 anyway
>still feel empty inside

Arghfags btfo

Why do i learn it if i hate anime?

>500 Mb to download on packages you updated 2 days ago
pacman -Fu

install gentoo

so you can tell japs how bad their taste is

comfy

quit being a consumerist tard

>THREE bottles of alcohol for a meal
I do not understand. What is the purpose of this?

Attached: AbsolutelyHaram.jpg (600x516, 65K)

>pc barely works
>have no money to buy new pieces
>use pieces from random computers my dad got in the 90's and the 2000's
>whenever something breaks I just look in the trash pile for a replacement
junkerlife

>Spent last three days overclocking my new computer
>Don't even feel any difference compared to my 2013 laptop

Attached: 170.jpg (720x460, 35K)

Get a Japanese girlfriend with goofy teeth.

Looks like some kind of holiday meal so it's probably for a crowd of people.

I on my 4770k i have a 600 dollar custom water cooler loop and delidded the chip and put liquid metal but I am running at 3.5 ghz

But why?

gear acquisition syndrome

I have programs I don't even use but always open to update every once in a while.

I did overclock for a few months but now I don't play many vidya and I pay my own electricity. I switched to Linux a year before and didn't bother to redo my settings on the motherboard because I used some intel botnet shit before.

If you want to upgrade your pc while burning tons of money in probably the least efficient way possible start getting into custom loop water cooling.

>feel the need for a bigger ssd
>can't justify the price
>waste hundreds on alcohol every so often that could easily buy that ssd

Attached: 1211236906062.png (658x901, 64K)

>used to get so excited to see a parcel truck coming my way
>would order a part and wait for it with so much excitement
>now I order stuff and forget it's coming
>shopping no works

Congrats you have moved beyond mindless consumerism and moved on to depression.

I still get excited if it is something cool. Thing is all I order is boring stuff I need now. I got a mini space heater for 20 bucks though and it is pretty nifty. It's only 200 watts but it is like having a car heater blow on you at your desk which is awesome.
Was kind of excited for that.

Still worth it since even though my PC is 4 years old people still act impressed when they see it.

If you weren't born Japanese you won't be able to fully grasp the Japanese language beyond a surface level.

Attached: 1472440256550.jpg (772x525, 126K)

I can at least learn to speak like an anime character.

Is that really worth the hundreds for a custom loop?

Attached: 1517088701236.gif (320x180, 1.2M)

People buy $100k+ cars to show off. Hundreds is literally nothing

The average person drives a 10-20k car for years. Most people don't buy 100k+ cars to show off. That bullshit aside tho spending hundreds on a custom water loop is still pretty pointless even if it is pretty cause real world benefits in most use cases are literally within margin of error.

>within margin of error
If you use shitty pumps, yes. AIOs and low end pumps do 0.5L/min while high end ones can reach 20L/min. Huge difference

Well it was fun to build for one things. Second it did work. Third it is quiet. Fourth people do admire it and it has been a good computer for a few years.

Do memory timings, you can always tune those.

That's clearly a Russian family from basically everything in the picture. So of course, vodka. Then, also traditional drink of motherland. Finally, Bailey's nightcap of sleeping for giving to uncle Boris when he starts ranting and raving like lunatic of asylum about old days.

>buy things
>feel empty inside
>learn things
>forget them

Is he comfy? Can't tell by the face.

;- ;

But it's ok.

He's slav. He's comfy by default.

Maximum comfy

Attached: 15485256525771.png (604x453, 536K)

ara ara

Attached: arch_feet.png (2379x2379, 1.38M)

/life

Attached: death.jpg (500x404, 48K)

>own a normal average computer and a laptop to program on
>have no need to buy anything except microcontrollers for my DIY projects
You all need to take the asceticism pill

Attached: comfy.gif (540x405, 1.43M)

A Russian kid will grow up, enjoying tech, find a comfy job at IT, because he grew up soldering stuff, fixing bugs in software to save money or making diy tech, he will make a a small improvement to tech globally, and have a happy comfy life with family and pets.

Meanwhile, Jow Forums will waste their time on meaningless fights over brand superiority on an internet forums, get a worthless degree from a degree mill and will commit a suicide or have a wageslave job while struggling to maintain an "middle class" appearance that doesn't change anything in their lives and is being created by marketing dept of an international corporation. At an old age will be put to an retirement house by own kids until they die alone there.

If you want to be productive, I bet you could open a cool retro drive-in theater with all that projection.

a perfectly working pc doesnt exist, since "working" is a relative term and some things can always work better.

What is the name of the disease we have? Trying to fill the void by futiley chasing perfection in the form of material things.

Materialism and Consumerism instead of looking inside the self, you will never fill the void lad
“We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War’s a spiritual war… our Great Depression is our lives."

the (((hamster wheel)))

i don't even have a real use for computers, i just buy new hardware to test it

This is why I OS hop for days, I could always be doing something better...

Imagine being this fucking retarded, kill yourself

sounds comfy. make a YouTube channel about it where you build janky PCs. make sure you wear a bear pyjama.

Stop being a consumerist whore and enjoy what you have

t. EOP salty that he'll never master one of THE single most beautiful language in the entire world. Do you know there are more kanjis than there are visible stars on the sky?

I don't care who the fuck you are but anyone can master any language if they put in enough hours, even a brainlet retard, now if you don't mind, fuck off and kill yourself weeb scum

>anyone can master any language if they put in enough hours
True for inferior languages that are not Japanese. It takes an hour to memorize a kanji if you're a westerner and there are 300k kanjis. You do the math.

>300k kanji
stop baiting, retard

Retard, most Japanese people don't know that many Kanji, mentally speaking once the ball is rolling on you learning the language you are no different from a Japanese person learning the language, you only need to learn about 3 thousand Kanji, which can take a long time but it's not impossible, also seriously Japan and Japanese are both developed by chink faggots and you're worshiping that, kill yourself weeb scum

Most Japanese people keep their knowledge in their subconsciousness instead of rote memorization westerners have to resort to. Even if they haven't seen a kanji before they'll immediately grasp its meaning upon first seeing it. Same can't be said for westerners.

You are such a fucking retard it hurts me, literally any subconscious sense a Japanese person can develop a Westerner can also, and in fact if you weren't such a retard and actually went out and spoke to people who have learnt Japanese you'll hear they develop the exact sort of subconscious sense you speak of

Learn German, be surprised how inferior the expressiveness of your moon language is.

Fix your addiction, upgrading will only provide you temporal relief

he's right though

>find a comfy job at IT
No
t. used to be a Russian kid

Just because you make a post pretending to be someone else doesn't make you right user

I can do with a new GPU, but I can't decide if I should go midrange with a 1160ti/2060 or consider splurging on a high end card like the 2080/Radeon VIV

ok

Blessed answer. Don't let anyone tell what you should and shouldn't enjoy.

Neuk niet-Nederlandse fags, we maken de beste technologie en je weet dat het kut vertraagt, jullie zijn allemaal kanker

Attached: 1200px-Flag_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png (1200x800, 1K)

Honestly once they stopped buying drugs and alcohol I can't imagine not having money for all the computer parts I want all the time. I even bought a Radeon VII and rtx2080ti. I just keep in the Box

1660ti is the only one of those that's remotely justifiable and even then you're just paying the same price as a GTX 1070 for performance around a GTX 1070. I suggest waiting for Navi as it will drive prices down of RTX 2060. Probably three or four months though

delusional weebs

You should swap over to zen 2 if you want max perf/watt. Their 32-core threadripper consumes just 6W/core with ~3.GHz average PB on an all core load. That means their 16-core flagship would only consume 3W/core around 3 GHz on an all core load or ~45W max. Shit's gonna be CASH.

>Build and setup a Kodi computer that automatically downloads the latest shows
>never feel like watching anything

>It takes an hour to memorize a kanji if you're a westerner
Source? Once you learn radicals I'm sure it gets easier. Hell it probably just gets easier the more Kanji you know. Also stroke order follows certain rules so you don't have to look up stroke order after awhile.

The language you learn during your childhood development literally affects the physiology of your brain and the way your entire consciousness and thought processes develop.

You can never be as fluent in a language learned later in life as the one your brain literally developed around.

Is that raw tuna on toast?

Игopь, ты?

>looking forward to four year update this year
>per core performance in midrange CPUs has barely increased by 20% even though I'm still using a fucking 2500K
>GTX 970 still does well except for the loud cooler
>learn that DDR4 is barely any faster than DDR3 in most applications

>consider just getting a used LGA1155 Xeon, more DDR3 RAM and a Morpheus 2 GPU cooler

Attached: 1549313622571.jpg (480x480, 49K)

>At an old age will be put to an retirement house by own kids until they die alone there.
>Jow Forums
>having kids

Attached: 1471705320195.jpg (410x380, 49K)

It's gonna be a while, probably.
I'm in year 3 now and fully expect to make it another 2+ without changing anything.

Pics like these often make me wonder if it's not all genetics, but mood/overall life that shapes the face/chin as well.

нeт этo я

Attached: русский отаку.jpg (1280x960, 528K)

actually it's the other way round you faggot

Well half my PC is already eight years old, namely the mainboard and CPU. I've already only expanded the RAM and bought an SSD and a new graphics card four years ago. If I use this stuff any longer I'm gonna lose my faith in technological progress.

same! but i drink with my friends so its a trade off, im running a G5400 with a ex-miner 580 4gb :I

We're just approaching the limitations of the current technological paradigm. This is evident in the accelerating shift to parallel computing, among other factors. It's entirely likely we'll see the real plateau of current computing technologies within our lifetimes. Not necessarily a bad thing. When it's good enough, it's good enough. You'll continue to see improved architectures, layouts, designs, etc, but the underlying tech will stop changing.

Firearms technology has hardly changed in the last 100 years. Internal combustion engine tech has hardly changed in a similar timeline. Better manufacturing techniques, computerized automation, small innovations, etc have all improved on them, but not in any dramatic way. Get used to it.

A substantial amount of computing is being moved away from the user again and into "the cloud", and I'd expect this trend to continue.

No, that is cured salmon.

i agree with you and all, but good luck getting through to people stomping their feet and tearing at their hair because why aren't we flying our cars to the Jupiter colonies yet??!? i want my teleporter!!

Getting off alcohol feels great

>how old are u
>idk between 12 and 45
>send a pic