The Great Debate

Attached: ultrawide-vs-dual-monitors.jpg (800x450, 90K)

1 ultrawide + 1 or 2 normal screens to the side

aaaaaahlululululul?
ahhhhhhhh!!!!
that's not a war face
let's see yuour weal face fece

I want to have two independent workspaces on view at once therefore I choose two separate monitors.

Three normal 16:9 or 16:10 monitors.

I have one 27" 1440p in the center, a 23" 1680x1050 to the left and a 26" 1920x1200 to the right. They're different PPI so not good for surround gaming, but my usual use case is putting different things on different monitors. Game or programming in the center, YouTube or docs to the right, chat app(s) to the left. Yeah matching monitors would be nicer but it really doesn't make much difference with what I'm using them for, and they're my previous 2 monitors so I already had them.

28" main and 22" ears

i have ultrawide monitor then 1 smaller monitor i forget to use.

Having made the expensive mistake of going Dual 27" 1440p to 34" 1440p UW, then back to Dual 27" 1440p. Go dual monitor.

Triple 27" 1080p or 1440p > Dual 27" 1080p or 1440p > Ultrawide at any resolution
Ultrawide is shit for most productivity except maybe Video or Photo editing but I don't do that.

>not using dual ultrawides

people don't actually NOT do this... right?

ultrawide monitors usually have a lower pixel density inch for inch and an ultrawide can't be reconfigured to have 1 monitor in portrait orientation and the other in landscape. for gaems and media an ultrawide imo is better because no bezel but for anything else dual monitors is superior unless for some reason you can only connect a single monitor to your input sauce

Dual is a sham. You either have nothing on one side, or a gap down the middle.

I use a laptop with an extra monitor behind it.

Ultrawide isn't as many pixels as two screens. So I prefer multiple monitors.

single monitor

Attached: 77c63230.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Multiple ultrawide curved monitors forming a full circle with the user in the middle.

Fixed.

Attached: 1524925252555.png (1336x460, 482K)

43" 16:9 UHD trashes both those joke setups

If I could use an ultra-wide monitor as if it was 2 gapless side-by-side monitors, then i'd get an ultrawide. Until that's possible without major bugs, I'll stick with multiple monitors.

HDTV master race

This. Just get yourself a 55" 4k TV. It's like having 4 monitors stacked perfectly with no bezel between the screens AND TVs look amazing compared to monitors

Single 27"

Attached: 1510192290245.jpg (533x400, 41K)

55" is only about 80 dpi, and 43" (really ~42.5") is about 103 dpi. 49" (= 90 dpi) is probably the biggest anyone should go until 8k comes out in a few years.

>34" ultrawide
>75hz refresh
>ips 1080p
Strictly speaking about the aspect ratio I kind of regret it. The width isn't really enough for multitasking and the 1080 vertical resolution is frustrating for doing any kind of multitasking. This aspect ratio is only good for watching films shot in 2.39:1 which is admittedly most, and for games that support 21:9. Gaming and watching movies take up a small percentage of time so I see UW as a waste. I bought this monitor less than a year ago and I already plan on replacing it with a UHD monitor

>Single

Attached: 1549836036649.jpg (771x1080, 116K)

It's barely noticeable from 24" 1080p. If you really can't stand it just pull yourself back like 4 inches

> wanting 4x 27" 1080p trash

There is no debate. Two screens are objectively superior.

>he doesn't stack his ultrawide's on top of each other

Two monitors.
>two work spaces
>not a meme
>if one breaks I still have one
>full screen nude pics of OP’s mom and shit posting at the same time

Attached: 5101E2E1-58FF-47B4-B5FE-FB2999103E79.gif (400x500, 1.91M)

dual like this.

Attached: .jpg (480x360, 20K)

>desklet
Let me guess, you have your eyes right up against your screen. Do yourself and get a deeper desk or a keyboard tray, the keyboard tray will be more ergonomic

based

Nope, I just have 20/12 vision, and I prefer to see documents at 1:1 of their physical size and not look like complete ass from chunky pixels.
I would consider multi 5k in portrait mode except that I hate bezels, so I'm stuck waiting for 8k for decent clarity and size at the same time.

Samsung Q950R

I like having one portrait and I don't have space on my desk for an ultrawide

I have one big 32" 4k monitor

Way better than having 2 and having to crane your neck to see the rest of the content

Pic related all the space for activities

Attached: 2019-03-05 14_44_13-.png (3840x2160, 1.9M)

This. Reading code work and gaymen

Yeah, I saw some of the CES stuff coming out this year, but it was all unfortunately at least a bit too big for my taste, and we're gonna need HDMI 2.1 w/ DSC, or some even newer DP variant, to get anything better than 30 Hz @ 8k. (fuck chroma sub-sampling btw)

Get the samsung superultrawide

Kek'd, buy a TV

/thread

This. One or two turned sideways on the side.

if you are doing any color sensitive work, tv's are massive shits. A video editor at work uses a 55 inch curved samsung and the colors are completely fucked, even after calibration.

I use the vertical sides for watching kpop fancams.

Attached: 1551371687408.webm (890x1454, 2.86M)

What are the downsides, if any? Response time or refresh rate? If I'm just doing run of the mill office work and youtube, then a TV is equivalent to a monitor, right?

blurry text and shit usually, due to different subpixel arrangements compared to a regular monitor (maybe shit can compensate for it now? looked like ass when i tried it a couple years ago)

My setup.

if you are doing any color sensitive work, 99% of monitors people use on Jow Forums are massive shits

Join the master race:
[16:9 Portrait] [16:10 Landscape] [16:9 Portrait]

Basically my setup.

3 16:9 monitors with the left and right ones configured to be vertical

>not going wide portrait
you are missing out

Wait thats already possible

16:9 portrait for work, browsing... websites are currently optimized for mobile portrait, so everything looks a lot better than landscape
inb4 not using maximized windows

16:9 landscape TV for vidya, for the post-processing gains, and dpi for content consumption
my only gripe is that using a multi monitor is still a clusterfuck with some apps going into fullscreen on the wrong display.... other apps forgetting the monitor you want them.... missing systray.... it is a total mess so i usually just jump from one display to the other, to avoid wasting my time and losing my settings when the OS decides. I don't need the real estate of two displays at the same time

take away: USE PORTRAIT

Huge TVs cost a lot and have shitton of input lag, bad response times and usually can't reach the same refresh rates as monitors.

If you are doing color sensitive work you're a faggot