Microsoft will now "manage" your computer for a monthly fee so you don't get a (((virus)))

Microsoft will now "manage" your computer for a monthly fee so you don't get a (((virus)))

zdnet.com/article/microsoft-is-now-managing-hp-dell-pcs-via-its-managed-desktop-service/

Attached: mice.jpg (800x600, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/tech/8313049/iphone-icloud-breach-bug/
appleinsider.com/articles/18/09/06/spyware-maker-mspy-exposes-icloud-info-as-part-of-massive-data-breach
appleinsider
macobserver.com/news/hacker-sell-icloud-data/
usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-06-14/study-people-are-getting-dumber
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Botnetception

I wonder if there are really people who are gay enough to want such a thing

>want
ahahahaha
good one

Many businesses use a managed solution in current era; IT shop looks after their computers, network etc and send out techs if there's a problem they can't solve remotely.

Honestly, this is better for 99.99% of consumers. Normans literally DO NOT want to think about their OS, or updates, or security, or anything. They just want to turn on their computer and be able to update their facebook.

For a small business this is a good deal. I worked MSP's that basically consisted of 5-8 PC's and never wanted to install a central management server or anything working off workgroup shit.

>the antivirus meme wasn't enough
>now they'll have "lv10 technicians" from delhi "managing" people's computers
fucking hell

Literally this.

Fear not, Pajeet will handle all malware on your Windows PC.

Attached: microsoft-support-bombay.jpg (400x560, 45K)

sad but true.

>Honestly, this is better for 99.99% of consumers.
it's really not though

most people have nudes of their family on their computers and dont need micro$oft seeing that

They don't care if microsoft sees it, half of americans still use iPhones DESPITE MULTIPLE fappening waves and other icloud data breaches. In the end they just want belong to their generic butt buddy circle of shitty drunk/high friends and then end up with one of them and divorce them after 5-10 years.

>iPhones DESPITE MULTIPLE fappening waves
those were all social engineering hacks, they were not related to Apple managing the devices

POO

Attached: 1545961358649.jpg (800x800, 190K)

Keep on street shitting iPajeet, maybe if you say it often enough someone will believe you.

you don't see a difference between a brute force attack and microsoft having a direct line in to your computer 24/7 as a remote desktop

>someone broke this guy's door down and stole his shit
>that means I should let the cops live in my house

>all this projection
yikes

Some were but a vast majority of them executed 0Ds on the iPhones themselves or just brute forced passwords of specific celebrity accounts. Either way apple's massive incompetence doesn't just put celebrities at risk but the average joe as well. People know this but they don't give a fuck and just look the other way because that's how dumb they are. Kinda like the anti-vaxer thing.

thesun.co.uk/tech/8313049/iphone-icloud-breach-bug/

These were one of the 0Ds involved in the latter wave of leaks, literally just required you know the person's phone number to execute.

Still better than using an iTurd that freely transmits your private photos to anyone that walks by you.

appleinsider.com/articles/18/09/06/spyware-maker-mspy-exposes-icloud-info-as-part-of-massive-data-breach

Jesus fucking christ almighty, how did it get THIS bad? Glad I dropped iPhones after the 6 plus.

I mean, if cops lived in your house then it'd probably be good for security if nothing else, plus if they misbehave they lose their job.

>appleinsider
Nope, not clicking clickbait iToddler manchild sheep screeching.

>1999
>user get off the internet tying up my phone line all damn time
>2019
>haha user you dont even have a facebook account?

>Jesus fucking christ almighty, how did it get THIS bad? Glad I dropped iPhones after the 6 plus.
yeah because you budget chink android phone is fort knox

It's clearly just an option for people who need to use computers but don't know how to use them. What's the issue?

tl;dr iCloud accounts have been compromised for a while now from multiple 0-days and are regularly sold online

macobserver.com/news/hacker-sell-icloud-data/

Nobody is willing to admit that people have been steadily getting dumber and idiocracy was a documentary.

>"IT analyst Kerem Albayrak tried to sell iCloud data, specifically the details of 319 million users."
>"specifically the details of 319 million users."
>"319 million users."
topkek

More like computers have slowly become more ubiqitous and the population has slowly been getting older

People haven't been getting dumber, they were always this dumb. Computers have just steadily gotten more complex. In the 9x days, everything could fixed with a simple restart, and the entire C:\WIN folder took up like 500MB.

Shit, he got all of them?

Attached: trust us.png (1024x768, 15K)

Based.

Critical alert from microsoft

If this was true then we'd see an EXPLOSION of highly skilled C/C++ programmers straight out of high school who could design and debug enterprise software. We don't, we see front-end web devs calling themselves talented programmers after 4 fucking years of college.

>MMD includes Microsoft 365 (specifically, Windows 10 Enterprise E3 and Office 365 ProPlus); Windows Autopilot; and select Windows 10 hardware. Microsoft does the device configuration, security monitoring and remediation, app deployment, update management, desktop analytics and 24-by-7 end-user support.

I'd honestly buy this for my mother for the 24/7 support alone so that she'll stop pestering me with the tiniest things like she accidentally removes the "Subject" column in Outlook and can only see To/From.

So because people aren't getting exponentially more intelligent, then they must be getting less so?

He was most likely bluffing to scare apple into handing over the dough. No way in hell does he alone have ALL the apple 0-days and icloud server vulnerabilities. Those things once found have a very high price.

>It's a god idea to give even more power over enterprise to Microsoft
GOD NO PLEASE FUCK OFF NO

Attached: 1549390727634.jpg (747x891, 62K)

The entire reason we see OS's take up 20+GB of storage and use like 4GB of RAM while idling is because there are less talented programmers to go around. The old ones that retired are being replaced by dumber people significantly less capable than they are even when years of experience are taken into account. It's only going to get worse from here on out.

Our only real hope is CPUs somehow are able to clock a single core to 40GHZ, 128GB RAM becomes the budget option, and this all somehow fits in a smartphone form factor.

Nobody said it was a good idea, but if you give a small/medium business the choice of buying all their own equipment and hiring and maintaining their own IT staff, or just renting out managed desktops from Microsoft, they're going to choose Microsoft.

Do you have statistical evidence for this? Believing something like this based on conjecture is unintelligent in and of itself

>The entire reason we see OS's take up 20+GB of storage and use like 4GB of RAM while idling is because there are less talented programmers to go around
Objectively untrue

normies were a mistake

The catch here is that your name is "Tim Cuck" and those cops living in your house share your wife.

Not really. People being incompetent pieces of shit is part of the issue but not the main issue.
It's mostly that optimisation is not "needed" or rather worth the money when hardware is getting cheaper and more powerful every year. The only hope for optimised programs is that hardware doesn't get 40GHz clocks with a gorillion TB of RAM, cause then companies and by extension programmers will be FORCED to optimise their shit again. Cause if you want to tell me anything today is as optimised as it was 20 or 30 years ago you are an idiot simple as that.
When all your PC had was a processor roughly as powerfull as a bunch of potatoes with less RAM than some fucking ini files today then you need to get every single bit of optimisation you can get out of it.
But optimisation is expensive as fuck and guess what companies hate the most? Spending money on "useless" things when it will "just work" if you brute force it.

Every time I ever had to call tech support for work the guy on the other end always ended the call with trying to sell me some service or software not provided by his employer. Then when the wondrous remote desktop thing came about as standard I had to go around and uninstall similar services and programs that some techie from another company installed and billed despite it being some random shit not approved by his boss.

tl;dr don't let other people manage your shit, unless you really like adware/maware

tl;dr don't outsource your IT to another party whose sole purpose is profit.
Inhouse IT works for your profit, outsourced works for their profit and if you benefit along the way good for you, if you don't too bad.

If you take windows XP from 2003 and strip a few services/components you can get the install size under 1GB and idle RAM usage to around 100MB which would be able to run 99% of windows software/gaymes just fine. Now I know companies gladly cut corners now due to the massive cpu/ram headroom of hardware today but even if they wanted to optimize their OSs they wouldn't be able to do it to windows xp-era optimizations because the people with that high degree of intellect are either 1 in a billion or don't exist anymore. Whatever happened people are getting dumber by the hour and if we don't start creating genetically modified humans soon we'll all die out as we plunge into non-stop war and famines.

>Inhouse IT works for your profit
That's exactly the opposite of the way pretty much every manager sees it. In-house IT is a cost center. Overhead. Something you need done but that doesn't actually bring money in the door. Sales bring money in the door. Overhead is something you only do in-house if nobody will contract with you to do it cheaper. They view it much the same as outsourcing to a cleaning service to empty the bins and mop the floors, thereby avoiding the hassle and expense of employing janitors directly. (unlike here, they don't work for free) Never underestimate the drive management has to make everything they can someone else's problem.

Okay psued

usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-06-14/study-people-are-getting-dumber

Imagine being a dumb bitch and caring about defending inherently vulnerable systems built by their founders to be easy to break into.for easier government surveillance.

Attached: n2lgkt2g4nlgnlkdsnl.jpg (300x255, 56K)

Jesus Christ. You can not get modern OSs as optimised as older ones yes. But not because people are getting dumber. But because the code base is an eldritch horror that could only be optimised if you burn it down and start over from scratch. It has nothing to do with Intelligence of one in a billion at all. Fucking hell do people truly have that delusional nostalgia for the late 90s now?

I know and that's exactly why most managers unironically deserve death not just from an IT perspective but from a business perspective. I have never seen a company that outsourced IT without it backfiring massively sooner rather than later and then going inhouse again cause "why the fuck did we outsource in the first place? Those guys suck ass" then some years later a literal glow in the dark retard of a manager comes up with the brilliant idea to cut costs by outsourcing and the circle starts anew.

They’re just outsourcing IT here. I don’t know if any home users are retarded enough for this.

(You): >It has nothing to do with Intelligence
Also (You): >some years later a literal glow in the dark retard of a manager comes up with the brilliant idea to cut costs by outsourcing and the circle starts anew.

M8 just look around you, there is a sea of fucking dipshits and it's only rising. It's not my imagination.

>retarded managers only started existing after 200X
user. Please. Stop. Seek professional help.

Wrong. The reason programmers suck is they're all pajeet H1Bs. Close the borders and train white men to program.

the white men are the worst offenders with this shit, user. Silicon valley is full of native born white men who consume lots of the pictured legume, believe in web shit and "move fast and break things", and pump out a very great deal of the bloated half-broken garbage that infests our computers and websites these days. Closing the borders won't get rid of them. If anything it'll just give them even freer reign.

Attached: soybeans.jpg (1000x400, 44K)

i keep almost all my data on external drives. try me shitheads!

>co2 levels now clocking 410 PPM
>under 300 PPM in early 1900s
>projected to skyrocket to 1,000 PPM, maybe more by 2100
>the dumb are breeding like rabbits
>the smart are now starting to fuck robots and disregard human contact
>"It's okay guys, everything is gonna be just fine."

Seriously, anyone thinking that the webdev bullshit and the entire shit mentality following didn't start in the US or more specifically silicon valley has no idea what they are talking about. The pajeets just followed suit.

>>"It's okay guys, everything is gonna be just fine."
It will.
The smart people all die off, and then the dumb people all kill each other off. Zuck and his reptilian overlords inherit their new greenhouse planet.

It comes with storage that you can actually manage and expand. iToddlers rely on iCloud because the piece of shit devices don't come with enough space and they can't actually manage the storage that does come with it.

They have control because nobody else is doing fuck all to compete

>Imagine being a dumb bitch and caring about defending inherently vulnerable systems built by their founders to be easy to break into.for easier government surveillance.
this

It looks like it's targeting Enterprise users, so there are a few possibilities. Say it's primarily targeting freelancers or small businesses that are not tech savvy, but need the piece of mind that their kit is always going to be "safe".

The grim future possibility is MS are taking a swipe at company IT Departments by centralising system management under themselves in their quest to get every penny they can out of their products by turning them into services.

The picture is disturbing. Why did I open computer and Jow Forums during my coffee when I'm about to leave. I'll be triggered thinking about it whole day.

>Nobody did comment on OP's picture yet.
The absolute state of i/g/noramuses.

>Wangblows as a service is coming
Year of Linux desktop suddenly grows more distinct by the month, at least for me.

We know, faggot. We don't care.

This is the result of years of planning on Microsofts part, I've seen small businesses absolutely raped my Microsoft once they get big enough to need infrastructure. By that point they were locked into the eco system and MS could charge what they wanted.
Plus in the minds of a lot of developers they have a "holy war" mentality of defending MS.

Nope.
The reason is shipping new things under strict deadlines. When they have to continuously keep on shiping features, resource usage stops to matter. Specially because it's not your resources but your customer's. And hardware sellers are happy.
You don't see this shit on software for critical safety systems like planes trains etc.

I wonder if this will be as horrific as Office365's support.

yes please spy on me i love it

glug glug glug

>I wonder if this will be as horrific as Office365's support.
yes

>free will
ol lol

This is excellent for normies. As long as we always have the option to do whatever we want there is no problem.

what is a blue board?

>post bobs & vagenet

Attached: ms-update.jpg (345x345, 11K)

Who cares? Those were some nice childbearing hips

Not gonna need to ask, will have a direct MS sponsored line direct to bobs and vagene

ass,gas or grass nobody rides for free

>ass,gas or grass nobody rides for free
gay

This is desktop as a service for businesses. They love the subscription model. This what I will probably move licencing to.

I just came here to tell you that your image of universe 43 is really fucking awesome and I love that experiment. The beautiful ones ftw

This hit me deep

They do this so people don't realize it's the same Windows as the last version, with minor changes. Browsers are the worst offenders when it comes to RAM hogging.

Bombay Pajeet costs a lot less than Silicon Valley H1B Pajeet.