/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: DsMEuU7UcAAmxwt.jpg (1536x2048, 698K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/68535763#p68541092
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-usb-battery-packs/
youtu.be/18nJ3hjUCTw
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/themes/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port-t3784423/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Xiaomemes

Has anyone ever had experience in buying phones in "new (other)" or "manufacturer refurbished" conditions on eBay? Was thinking about buying a new phone soon and buying it in one of those conditions for a significant discount (probably leaning towards the newer one).

Just bought everyone in my family a Pocophone because you guys recommended it, hope it wasn't a mistake

Attached: kg9qnka6hmk11.jpg (3036x2492, 1.38M)

>/spg/ can't stop talking about Xiaomi phones nonstop
>buy a Mi Mix 3
>no one ever talks about the Mi Mix 3

I keep forgetting these threads are full of early 20s Yuro poorfags who only wank off to Pocophones and the Redmi Note series

Attached: 1522455365813.jpg (625x552, 52K)

>Just bought everyone in my family a Pocophone because you guys recommended it, hope it wasn't a mistake
big yikes if true

Attached: 1547920433964.png (302x385, 213K)

>these threads are full of early 20s Yuro poorfags who only wank off to Pocophones and the Redmi Note
yes these thread are absolutely useless for advice or anything other than shitposting really

The pastebin is also an absolute joke, and reccs are awful autistic phones like the poco that a normie would hate and be made fun of for owning

nice move if you're in Europe
one big dum dum if in USA

So I'm trying to unlock the bootloader of my xiaomi chinkphone, and I get to the part where I need to connect my phone on fastboot mode to the PC
But when I do, the unlocking program on the PC give me the error :"after 360 hours of trying to unlock..." and does nothing after that.
This mean that I need to wait 15 days before unlocking the bootloader or this is a just a error?
Also if I really need to wait, what I shouldn't do in the meantime, I've read somewhere that if I remove my sim card the timer will reset or something like that

Attached: 1535493563508.gif (256x188, 3.56M)

Gotta wait 15 days

What markets will the Xperia L3 be available in? Is it worth it to wait for it when I could just get an Xperia XZ?

root and install lineage for everybody

Huawei and Samsung are a given, but what brand would you personally like to see make a foldable phone?

>s10 is shipping
>mine didnt ship yet

heck

Attached: Arg Ock.png (1613x1210, 3.49M)

I needed a bigger phone

When will the OS duopoly finally end? And more importantly, how?

When Google released Fuchsia OS

>iphone 5S starting to crap out on me after all these years
>don't really want a bigger phone but fear its all phones are now are behemoths
>turns out apple made the iphone SE same size as the 5S just with more modern internals and i can get the thing for like $70-80 on ebay in near mint condition

>people then call me a cheap idiot for getting an old discontinued phone

The SE will last you at least 4 years, I still use the 6s and don't plan to upgrade anytime soon.

I'm considering the vivo v15 pro, persuade me not to get it.

i was thinking of going with the 6s but didn't want to go up to the 4.7" screen and the higher price

>budget $500
>USA straight talk
>no notch, decent specs, headphone jack
>msd card slot would be epic but not necessary
help bros, don't mind buying older phones.

Galaxy s9

I want a regular screen, no edge or notch.

Price for RN7 and RN7 Pro ???

Attached: thumb2-sakura-matou-4k-anime-characters-master-of-rider-fate-stay-night.png (710x444, 532K)

Only the android one versions have instant unlock. It used to be a day or two for unlock but xaiomeme have upped the time trying to stop resellers putting shitty roms on their phones.

>mi mix 3
>mix 9
>pocophone f1
Which should I get?

that's for new owners, after you wait the first time, you don't wait any other time for bootloader unlock

iPhone SE

> Android/iOS duopoly becomes Fuchsia/iOS duopoly

very astute of you op, pocos are fucking lightning fast, even stock miui is pretty comfy other than only one lte band in usa it's a solid purchase, I've got win7 working, dolphin runs wii games at 60fps and even citra(3ds) alpha builds run some games Install Termux, connect mouse/keyboard and cast screen if you miss the command line. Well done! widely supported phone

>That pic
>Fujitsu F-07C
>TWO FUCKING F-07C's
>Fx0
>Every UMPC ever
>robohon
>Xperia Pro Mini & X10 Pro
>Every other cute phone ever
Where the fuck was this?

iphone SE dude, you can get one for like a hundred bucks

Has to be android.

USA, cricket, 5~+ inch ish. dont really care. my old huawei honor 8's battery is dying, and am looking for non-chinese android in 200~300usd region. older models are fine. better camera may be nice. only browses web, seldom watch youtube, telegram, text, skype. google map. thats about it. also, would old new phones (i.e., pre 2018,or 2017 phones what weren't opened) have fresh battery life or no?

Xperia XZ1?
I'd suggest the international version though.

I'm rocking a LG G6, kind of slow and no updates but it sure has some nice features

What about 5t? seems easy to root.

oh and need headphone jack

I talked about it when I bought mine or when people asked about it. I noticed a fair amount of people own it here, but of course the Poco has a higher chance to be more popular since it's a lot cheaper.

I feel the need to upgrade my current phone (lg k20)
>USA
>metro pcs
>android
>fingerprint scanner preferred
>high quality for back camera important for my creepshots
>enough ram for fucking snapchat to not lag
Front camera is never used and I idc about notches or screen size. I was thinking about the xiaomi redmi note 7 pro, but the camera isn't too good

Attached: help.png (298x271, 90K)

US/EU Open Market G6 can be bootloader unlocked, and the rest are coming soon since a generous motherfucker sacrificed his IMEI to dump the bootloader unlock info. Lineage 15/16 might get an extra year out of it, its still a decent phone spec-wise.

>That's the only thing I'd own a phone for anyway.
>FGO on Android

Just get an iPad Air 2 or a 6s and be done with it. The game is badly optimized for Android, as well as being bogged down by anti-emulator and anti-root bloat.

Is 6gb of ram worth the $50 extra over 4gb?

Attached: Screenshot_20190305-190418.png (1080x1920, 244K)

Depends on how and what you use it for.

I play games, take photos, watch much 10bit animemes and browse the internet

Yes.

All at the same time? Get 6GB so none of them would crash or reset when you switch to a different app.

Ok sounds good thanks stranger

Gf wants to buy me a portable charger.

I have a iPhone 7plus and want a charger that will be able to charge it quickly several times. At the same time, I want it to be future prepared so that it can also quickly charge future devices and not be obsolete almost immediately.

Looking into portable chargers I realize how out of the loop I am with all this shit which surprises me.

guys is this case ugly what do you think

Attached: untitled.jpg (1012x1600, 201K)

where should you buy chink phones, is aliexpress viable?

Not that guy, but I recently switched from 3gb to 6 and I wouldn't recommend any less if you actually use your phone.

Yeah. flagship standards is 6+ now so apps are bound to get more bloated.

fuck off

>70-80
Where?? All I'm seeing is 130-180

Upgrade from Mi 6

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-05 at 06.47.11.png (1076x296, 105K)

Stop role playing.

>gave it the mix 3 specs but with a newer CPU
Absolutely shameless. This is a stopgap phone

Go buy an iPhone for 4x the price and 3x less features then. Dumbass.

I mean i would just assume they are traded-in phones that some independent person or shop may have fixed up. I guess you have buyer protection but also check returns policy and the feedback rating of course.

What's the best case for Poco F1?

Japan
warosu.org/g/thread/68535763#p68541092

Attached: 1542494558049.jpg (2048x1024, 422K)

What problems did the original Google Pixel have?
I'm thinking of buying a pretty much new one but I don't know what issues it has, build quality

Xiaomi Mi8 or Mi Mix 2S

Whatever is cheapest on Kimovil.com

cope

thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-usb-battery-packs/

Is it worth waiting for the RN7 Pro over the regular RN7? My moto Z play is in critical condition. Don't know if I can wait out around a month more.

>gave it the mix 3 specs
>This is a stopgap phone
wdym? the SoC is different, the camera setup is completely different, one's a slider the other has a notch, one has rear fp reader, the other has it under the display etc.

LG V30/V35

At this point, i'd say the RN7P is the ONLY option seeing that the normal RN7 got pretty cucked by the cheaper Realme 3. Gonna replace my Samsung S7 in May around the time the global version launches.

>I've got win7 working
How?

hows a s9+ 64gb for 897 aud sound?

youtu.be/18nJ3hjUCTw

Moto X4 is $150 at Best Buy ($200 for the 4GB/64GB), you get an extra $50 off if you buy a Cricket SIM kit and refill card with it.

Wow a Medias W... ahead of its time

Mofi fabric case

Bought a OnePlus 6 and have absolutely no regrets

The mic seems to crap out on some devices over time. Pretty reliable overall though.

Currently using Lineage os for Redmi Note 5 Pro. I wanna ditch it, camera is blurry.

Resurrection Remix v7.0 Pie
or
Havoc OS v2.2
or something else?

Attached: who-else-does-this-blanket-triggered-dankness-v3-relatable-26828432.png (500x566, 129K)

Are you using GCam?

new zealand? where are you buying that from? do you need to buy a nz charger?

I'm using whatever cam lineage os has, installed a different camera app but it s still blurry

This is my fear. Found an almost new 128gb one for 260 but I'm afraid of that mic issue and display issue
It's either that or the moto x4

GCam is the only camera app you should be using
forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/themes/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port-t3784423/

which xiaomi is good and small??

>small

Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Unfortunately, you cannot buy it on AliExpress anymore.

Redpill me on USB-C, is it just a meme, Jow Forums? Only real advantages to me seem to be that its reversible, transfers data faster (that is, if your phone's manufacturer didn't cheap out and gave you a Type-C cable supporting USB 3). All the other arguments (you can charge your laptop with it omg, you can use a dongle to make it work like HDMI) only seem relevant to zoomers who want muh sleek paper-thin mobile devices.

what is a flash sale, it's happening on 7th march I think for the xiaomi note 7, should I wait till then?

I wouldn't use it. I would use the Tech21 the other user suggested. Got one coming in the mail as we speak.

>forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-5-pro/themes/app-arnova8g2s-google-camera-port-t3784423/
try to open it but I get a ''Camera stops working''

Have you enabled Camera2api and installed the camera fix patch?

Thanks user

This has to be some kind of error, right?

Attached: comparison.png (1043x879, 1.17M)

how do I do that?

What are other phones in which I can use the fingerprints sensor or a little bar to navigate instead of buttons? Think of Moto actions.
I currently own a Moto g5 and I would like upgrade but I read their processors aren't that good for the price.

Whi

Attached: 1536105192774.png (1388x968, 101K)