Just learn to code bro

>just learn to code bro

Attached: valley.png (1196x1364, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

shropshirestar.com/news/viral-news/2018/08/22/homeless-man-who-handed-out-cvs-on-the-street-has-finally-landed-a-job/
thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2018/08/06/he-hugged-tim-cook-bought-the-iphone-x-then-was-homeless-by-the-roadside-asking-for-a-job/
youtube.com/watch?v=1g1drZ1j-C0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's what he gets for majoring in CS

I hope he finds a job

I'm pretty sure this guy tried to find a startup and failed and that's why he's homeless.

>27 Jul 2018

shropshirestar.com/news/viral-news/2018/08/22/homeless-man-who-handed-out-cvs-on-the-street-has-finally-landed-a-job/

Cool I guess, that must suck very hard to study for years only to not be able to find a job.

As I go through college in my third year with a GPA below 3.0 in Computer Science & Engineering the thought of never finding a job while holding an engineering degree haunts me everyday while it may just be the reality I face after I graduate.

Hold me Jow Forums

Attached: 1452653444500.png (274x411, 107K)

Isn't this guy like a massive dipshit that tried starting a company in San Francisco with no money?

>thestar.com.my/tech/tech-news/2018/08/06/he-hugged-tim-cook-bought-the-iphone-x-then-was-homeless-by-the-roadside-asking-for-a-job/
>Casarez was the first in line to buy the new iPhone X at the Apple store in Palo Alto, California. He made a very powerful connection when Cook wrapped his arms around Casarez in a congratulatory hug. Soon, Casarez was invited for an interview at Apple's campus. But the job, he said, went to someone already working for the company. — Bay Area News Group/TNS

>David Casarez came west to Silicon Valley with his life in a van and startup dreams in his eyes. Within months, the web developer and would-be entrepreneur was hugging Apple CEO Tim Cook and interviewing at the legendary tech firm.
>But no job offer came, from Apple or any other company, and Casarez found himself sleeping in stairwells and on park benches, surviving on pouches of tuna and ramen-noodle cups, twitching at every night-time noise and weeping over his plight, he says.
>When Casarez arrived in California from Austin in September, he was already working to develop a food-service startup. He figured he'd get a job at another startup while he continued to build his own. He had three years' experience in tech jobs at General Motors, a bachelor's degree in information-systems management from Texas A&M, an old iPhone, a strong faith in the “lean startup” method, and US$20,000 from cashing out his 401k, he said in an interview this week.
>“I felt very confident,” he said.
>At a networking event, he met an investor interested in his startup idea, but a budding deal fell through over differences in vision, he said. The hoped-for job interviews weren't happening.

Not CS, but same, my GPA is shit af. How are you holding up bro?

>For three days in November, Casarez camped out in front of an Apple store in Palo Alto to be first in line to buy the just-unveiled US$1,000 iPhone X. He succeeded, and made a very powerful connection when CEO Tim Cook wrapped his arms around Casarez in a congratulatory hug. Soon, Casarez was invited for an interview at Apple's campus. But the job, he said, went to someone already working for the company.
>The downward slide began. Casarez was sleeping in his van in Mountain View to save money, and had calculated the “burn rate” at which his cash reserves were dwindling. He'd figured his nest egg would last six months, maybe seven.
>“I was barely scraping by in March,” he said. He started to miss payments on his van. In early June, the vehicle was repossessed, and he was on the streets, sleeping in a park, he said.
>“It was very hard, because when I was living in the van I had the safety of knowing I was enclosed,” he said. “I was literally at the very bottom.”
>He'd never imagined his own choices could bring him so low. Depression took hold. “I was crying a lot – 'How did I let it get to this point?'” he said. “It really got to me.”
>He held onto a gym membership so he could shower, but as his savings vanished, he had to sell the iPhone X. Deep inside, he held onto hope. And he decided to fight back against his self-created disaster.
>“I told myself, 'I'm not going to let this break me',” he said.
>That's when he decided he needed to do something new to stand out. So he stood out, on the sidewalk where El Camino Real and San Antonio Road come together in Mountain View, and held up a sign saying, “Homeless Hungry 4 Success Take a Resume”. He was not taking money, he said.

What a fucking moron. Just move back home if you fail. Fucking idiot.

It's a bit more complex than that. He had a well paying job in his area. Then he moved into the Bay, a very expensive area, to start his own startup, using all his own savings. They didn't last as long as he expected, and his startup didn't explode in VC money like he hoped.

Ehh, he seems to be a dipshit but at least he didn't just go for booze and other drugs immediatelly like most other people would.
Somewhat respectable.

>For three days in November, Casarez camped out in front of an Apple store in Palo Alto to be first in line to buy the just-unveiled US$1,000 iPhone X
but why?

Because he's an irresponsible man child.

>Been busting my ass and saving every penny while i try to get a new job for several months
>This entilted little shit can just mutt it up and beg for one on the spot despite being all around irresponsible with his finances
Good job demoralization psyop posters, you're finally posting relevant and effective content for your agenda

Attached: 1548702715617.png (576x768, 757K)

I graduated with a GPA of 3.5 at a well-respected research school but still never found a CS job because I didn't take any internships (thus no experience straight out of college). Your GPA doesn't matter if you get an internship or do IT or coding for your college

iTODDLER BTFO

Attached: 1522059832822.gif (500x491, 376K)

lmao

A cleaver calculated "PR" move not an act of desperation. Something for yellowpress like reddit and hackernews.

The present tense of found is found.

based

IT'S NOT FUCKING BASED IN ANY POSSIBLE WAY
GO FUCKING NECK YOURSELF ALREADY

Based
Cringe

>webdev freelance
>webdev
>QA
>QA
Nice "experience"
He's not even on par with a junior code monkey

baste

Jow Forums and cringepilled

I wonder what does this remind me of hmm.

Attached: 1459798417133.png (821x870, 614K)

Lad I got my Bachelors in Comp Sci & Engineering with a 2.0 - C, The only difference between and my classmates was that I was landing internships left and right. I basically got a job offer the moment I graduated from the company I was interning with since I basically had 2 years worth of work experience and they knew me personally.

itoddler got btfo but based at the same time, if he started taking money he would be poor forever.

>Majoring in CS
Get a math degree.

>Programming languages
>half of it is script languages

Lmao @ web devs

>web dev begging on the streets
Good, just as it should be

>webdev
found his problem

meanwhile...

Attached: meanwhile.jpg (1080x869, 238K)

I have a mathematics degree. I deeply regret not going into computer science or finance. Honestly this thing is useless unless you go for PhD. I worked as a data analyst for a year and now teach math in a middle school. Do not choose this life.

>Apple
>Legendary tech firm
This is why this industry is going to the shitter when we have stuck up normies and shitters calling Apple legendary when all it does is basically sell them shit while inflating the prices to heaven and beyond

Attached: 1543353347670.jpg (267x323, 7K)

>be low IQ spic
>get into college becuz affirmative action
>fail classes but graduate becuz affirmative action
>get job becuz affirmative action
>do nothing at job becuz too low iq to help
>get old
>get fired
>become homeless
>cant get job becuz no skills and coasted through youth on affirmative action

Pretty sure no one cares about gpa. As long as you pass you're fine.

Please help him in the link

youtube.com/watch?v=1g1drZ1j-C0

If he was really homeless, wouldnt he be wearing piss stained clothes and drinking from a bottle of cheap luke warm beer?

Attached: tidz.png (599x556, 272K)

My pity has evaporated, leaving only disdain.

Kinda wholesome, dude wants an honest job that lets him work for his shit.

My degree required a semester of internship and I just got hired full time from my internship after that. Pretty /comfy/ desu

he's a QA, not a dev

Don't worry too much, no one really cares about GPA. As long as you know what you are doing you'll be fine.

I actually planned on doing the same if I still haven't found a job by may. Fucker stole my idea

>thestar.com.my
What is this filthy knockoff site

yes begging is all about PR
>*mumble* *mumble* muh muny
won't get you shit

Got a 2.5 GPA right now in 4th year comp eng at a uni where our scale goes up to 4.33 I believe, graduating in 2 months and I've got a dream job of sorts while my friends with 3.5 GPAs aren't getting offers for shit. What matters a lot more is making sure whoever interviews you knows you've already got background interest in the job you're applying for. Even with all the dropouts by 4th year a good amount of people in my program are normies who don't give much of a shit about tech at a hobby/enthusiast level, at least far below the interest of anyone who regulars Jow Forums. The fact that you're posting here and absorbing general information does mean something. I talked to someone at a career fair booth about some slightly obscure news I read on Jow Forums 4 or 5 years ago which turned out to be relevant, and it ended up helping me land my job.

Imagine being so sheltered that you just assume everybody has a home to move back to

or the he meant that he was trying to FIND a startup as in locate one to work for.. baka brainlets on this board

Attached: br.jpg (470x100, 18K)

> SIlicon valley
But why.gif

No, the hellish thing about the modern world is there are cleanly, organized homeless people. But they are invisible, making the percentage of homeless look better than it actually is.

>In america is normal to be at the brink of starvation and not having healthcare and not help if you lose your job
>losing a job is a life and death threat in america
>this is normal in the land of the free
I'm glad I can still count on my goverment not letting me die if I lose my job.

Attached: 1550446495684.jpg (550x467, 57K)

I'm just here for the inevitable influx of assblasted Americans spewing the average shit.

California buses those kinds of homeless out of state. The remainder are "digital nomads" couch surfing to the next fly-by-night startup.

>being forced into homelessness is a PR move now

Attached: doomer.jpg (400x400, 36K)

Entrepreneur rule #1: if you're not confident about predicting whatever will cater best to normies, don't launch a startup.

LMAO should have learned haskell

>I deeply regret not going into computer science
All you have to do is learn a programming language or two and brush some algorithms. Literally the easiest transition one could do.

>tfw lived as a NEET until someone called me to give me a job
Sure feels good not living in a metropolitan hellhole.

Attached: 1375561729617.gif (499x374, 968K)

>Freelance web developer
>Austin Tx

Attached: gas.png (506x378, 309K)

I got a 2.9 and had a whole year of hopping between jobs. I was miserable and considered suicide in the times that I wasn't working. What kept me from that were my parents who stuck with me, and friends who took me places I would not have been otherwise, all while continuing to apply. I finally landed a corporate contract job and will try to save as much money as I can to pay my debt off and work towards being my own man. You can do it, you just have to stay tough and positive in the face of adversity
/blog

Use the school career center to network you. I got a job before i graduated with a 2.1 gpa.

>doesn't know c/c++
and you're wondering why he's homeless.

>be homeless
>"boo hoo i'm so poor"
>first in line to buy an iPhone X
You're either a retard or there's a very good reason as to why he's homeless

If it weren't for the eyes on the tits that image would get me rock hard for the rest of the day not disturb me. Alexa is trash

>the absolute state of c# devs

>work for a good salary in the midwest with low cost of living
>move to the coast and end up homeless
Faggot deserved it

tl;dr have a social safety net handy so you can coast by until you land something.
If you don't have one, you're fucked sorry.

pngquant

Attached: 1551769847381-or8.png (1196x1364, 297K)

That's why we work harder and get more done.

mfw I graduated with a 3.6 and didn't use the career center at all. The only offer I've got so far is for full stack development on electronic lab notebooks for ~$20k/year
doing customer support for the first two years.

>That's why we work more and get less done.

>QA
>QA
>web dev
>Free lance web dev

Hahahaha maybe it would have helped if he wasn't retarded LOOOL. SAD!

The only countries that are more productive are small countries with population independent source of wealth (banking, tax shelter, sovereign wealth fund).

Attached: the-most-productive-countries-are-the-richest.png (1280x720, 85K)

>no networking
>graduated in 7 years
>2.7 gpa
60k starting -> 90k in 1.5 years -> 105k in 2.5 years.

Just keep apply and searching online what people are looking for.

>web developer.
he asked for it and he deserves it.

Can jobs even verify your GPA without a copy of your transcript?

That's a good CV. He's probably fucked in the head or something if he's homeless

That resume looks soulless.

No. But they could ask for a copy of your. transcript. I got asked for mine. 2.6 GPA but I scored perfect on the test they gave me and was hired

>Programming languages
>JQuery
>Asp.net
>Linq
Guy doesn't even know the difference between a programming language, and a library/framework. Who would hire him?

Not a single interviewer hase ever asked me of my grades. All they cared about was what I had done.

Jesus that shit under his freelance job is fucking desperate. He added https? That isn't even a days work. Same with integrating a newsletters api.

>living in commiefornia or any other high cost region
I can only imagine how someone can be stupid enough wanting to live in a highly competitive region where net income after expenses is worse than that of an factory worker in a rural area

>where net income after expenses is worse than that of an factory worker in a rural area
Wrong.

Wrong.
In the right area you can also make easily 100k by menial labor, while having to pay close to nothing in terms of expenses.

The wages in san fran are higher but as this picture already shows even after 4 years of work you cant save up enough to afford enough money to pay your rent for 1 year.

You see it here all the time. Coastal Americans shitting on Americans who live in flyover states. They have some weird feeling superiority. Apparently it's a status symbol or something to live in a famous city as if it mattered.

Where do factory workers make $100k?
>as this picture already shows even after 4 years of work you cant save up enough to afford enough money to pay your rent for 1 year.
not true

he left his job to create a company in silicon valley without even having an idea for what to do

If you're not motivated enough to keep a 3.0 what are you doing in school?

I said menial labor.
For example working on a oil drilling platform without any experience has 100k+ while you also only have to work like 2/3 of the year

>me
>3.0 GPA from OK school
>get interview from huge defense contracting company
>nail the interview because I’m not autistic or a sperg
>land solid internship while in school making $40/hr
>graduate
>get hired on by same company making even more
It’s easy as shit to find a high paying job in CS if you’re not fucking retarded

Attached: DC14D4F1-8757-499E-95B9-0754929ED579.jpg (680x966, 161K)

this guy looks like he just got fired and went homeless for a few hours.

Your original post said factory worker.
Switching it to a fucking oil rig worker is moving the goal posts considering it has a dramatically different lifestyle.

I said menial labor makes 100k+ easily.
I dont know how the wages for factory workers in the states are but in europe you can easily make 70k+$ maintaining assembly lines in factories with night shifts when there is fuck all to do while only having to pay like 600$ rent for a 1000 square metre villa.