Wtf is wrong with this guy

32x 1.2 nvme drives.
thinking of buying 8grand worth of more nvme so people can edit their 8k videos.

when is he going to realise that no one gives a shit about high res tech videos. 720p is enough to see whats going on on even a tiny PCB.

is he loosing it?

Attached: 40tb of nvme.png (252x230, 121K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/about
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unironically I know he prob earns 1mil a year so he doesn't care and thinks its a good investment.

>is he loosing it?

All respect lost for you just for that.
KYS and let me know when you have as much money as he does.

but why?
>you don't believe in mental health and struggle in silence?

>loosing

Almost 10 million followers on YouTube....

Also, all big tech channels shoot 4k videos so he has to follow the competition. He is a good business man and you are not and that shows!

Come back when you have a successful YouTube channel that makes millions!

Attached: 1386084552853[1].jpg (600x600, 52K)

I literally have never seen 90% of the people that appeared in this video
How many employees does he have at this point

no one wants to see his skelly face in 4k.
let alone 8k.
maybe that other guy with the zoomer hair.
no homo.

I can't believe people watch this retard.

>shoot in 8k and have your camera guys wear big gay harnesses
>don't train them to fucking focus properly

Linus Cuck Tips shoots at 8K though

youtube.com/user/LinusTechTips/about

With 8.3 million subscribers he can afford that kind of shit

Ssshhh
Nobody tell him that much L2ARC is essentially useless...

8 grand is nothing for him, he makes that in less than a day through YouTube ads alone.
His company is worth around 15 to 20 million dollars and he gets most shit for free from manufacturers anyway.

If this virgin hit the big time, all of Jow Forums can too.

2spoopy!

Attached: 1550194728866.jpg (960x1200, 123K)

What about the fat guy they use to move stuff around?

That flamer face tho

>wtf is wrong with this guy

When you find out, you will shit bricks.

Attached: 1545645901821.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

disagree subsribers don't mean shit views are what count logan and jake paul had 2x as many subs as him but like 50x the views. they earned 7mil in 6months but mostly thru selling tshirts.

most of linus money would come from sponsored content imo. he basically is a whore

>720p is enough
stupid phoneposter

a company earning 15mil dollars over 10years isn't impressive small accounting firms of 30people do that.

you can't prove that

lol

Most of his video have ~1 mil views

I think Linus's company does other stuff aside from the youtube things.

Attached: joker.png (540x469, 419K)

Thing is, Linus is one of the few Youtubers who fucks around with this sort of stuff. Most other tech channels focus on whatever flagship product Apple or Samsung are putting out that month and Linus decides to do a video on a high end network switch, or weird GPU that outputs over a network cable, or building a server.

Theres the poorfag channels who do "how to build a server out of a commodore 64 i found in a dumpster" but thats a whole other spectrum.

why are they shooting 8k if people just watch it on their phones anyway?

Attached: 1550490445833.jpg (750x550, 77K)

Come back when you have made 15 million for writing a kernel and playing video games.

Reminder that "4k" and "8k" are just marketing terms and do not actually meet said number in either horizontal or vertical rows
It's 2160p and 4320p respectively and using the marketing bullshit shows how little you truly care about the state of the industry.

Also YouTube supposedly supports more than 4320p and I'm more or less wondering what they don't support

He is also a total money hog because he is one of the few popular youtubers that fully whores himself with product placements all over the place.

In general, stop promoting this shit telemarketer. Sage in all fields.

DCI you shitnigger

Irrelevant due to specialized usage and even then why the fuck does it matter when it's describing the horizontal rows instead of vertical like every other goddamn short hand resolution?
144p
240p
360p
480p
576p
720p
1080p
2160p
4320p

Notice how it's literally fucking irrelevant because it's almost never referred to by it's width? Even if you're correct it's only by 96 fucking pixels because the cinemas want to feel special

dat hair thinning, wonder how much longer till hes bald

aren't you grateful when you find some classic masterpiece in youtube that doesn't look like shit, that's called future proofing

Even if it was 100% wasted money why would it matter. He clearly enjoys doing this stuff for the sake of it

>loosing
What is he making loose?

> what's wrong
you apparently didn't watch the entire video
fuck off and die, linus shill.

Attached: 1538784667240.png (488x600, 392K)

>high res tech videos
Ironically he said 4k gaming is pointless.

Its for entertainment value you cucks.
The whole point of his channel is benchmarking ridiculous hardware and doing builds at different price points with sponsered hardware.

People will just click on the vid when they're bored see the extemely high numbers. Shrug. Be mildly impressed and mind numbingly click another video until they have to get back to their responsibilities.

Whats with the hate for this guy. All he does is make videos for people sort of into tech.
The dude earns millions for playing eith PC parts. Hating and complaining about him all day on a dead image board is beyond pathetic.

Linus' demographic aren't high tech enthusiasts anymore, its little kids with a short attention span.

doesn't he have a lot of money from making linux?

Attached: 1379989901892.jpg (336x480, 51K)

2160p and 4320p mean nothing unless its uncompressed even a bluray is compressed and youtube even more so.

the fact he brought a red camera for youtube is stupid even if it appears 4k he is essentially removing 95% of what the camera actually captures he would have been wiser to campain youtube to let him have a HIFI version of 720p and 1080p that was toggled for his channel and perhaps sports or gaming content. its probably why they made floatplane to be honest as they released their investment in red was not paying off and a 300$ 4k camera would capture just as much.

he is probably just investing in 4k/8k and server hardware for tax reasons. once his channel dies in 1/2years he will sell all the harddrives and cameras for profit.

probably a scam. he has small children and is loosing his twink looks he obviously wants to spend at least their teenage and 20s years together.

He got CoCked

dennis' ass

>8k for watching a cringy faggot
This would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact so many newfags on this board unironically like him

Attached: emma2.jpg (585x621, 47K)

Why did she use to be so cute?
Why is she no longer cute?

He is writing this off as a business expensive you fucking retard

>8k
Seriously, how many people have the monitor to even display that?

I wonder how long until the stress gets to him and he American Psychos the annoying fat guy.

>sdig de benis in bagina xDDD
t. fat guy humor

name blease

His content is really clickbait-y and he's a non-stop shill. It's the only YouTube channel I've blocked completely from my feed

Attached: AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH.jpg (1024x572, 35K)

He is just a guy who does advertisement, everything he does involves specific hardware and its just done so people be like "Woah look at this $stuff done with $hardware from $producer", thats totally it

He's got craploads of money and too much spare time. It got to lead to autism eventually

>is he loosing it?
yeah I guess he's pretty loose at this point, yeah

Have you seen any videos from like 2011 recently? They all look fucking awful compared to the videos on Youtube now. This shit is why.

why are there metal rings in his ear lobes?

time is the fire in which we burn.

because he never left puberty

these filthy tax tricks need to be outlawed.

t. commie
taxation is theft

taxes are fees. everyone outside of Jow Forums understands that.

Most everyone in the video was his editing team, who generally have no reason to be on camera. He needs a lot of editors because he pumps out one video a day every day to keep toddlers engaged.
That said, at least half of the editing team have been on camera doing reviews for the main channel and short videos for the Tech Quickies ones. There's also a side-channel where they do silly shenanigans that the entire company takes part in but it's awful.
They all stopped being on camera for the main channels once Linus hired Riley, another presenter from NCIX.

Riley Reid?
I thought Linux was gay?

everyone outside of Jow Forums is a filthy commie who wants to live on welfare forever

Remember when his raid had a completely normal failure so he ripped out all the drives and totally destroyed his data for no reason, and with NO BACKUP?

This isn't an intelligent man you are talking about.

if you dont pay your taxes you live on welfare.

He doesn't do it for the money. He genuinely loves technology, particularly display tech. But technology is expensive, thus he makes daily videos.

Show me any other channel that is showing the practical challenges of shooting in 8k

Wtf is wrong with him is that he is paying you to kick up some bullshit controversy about him to keep (((him))) in (((shekels))) so fuck off out the door, Jew ! and stick your advertising up your fat neckbeard arse while youre doing it !

i highly doubt that they need that much io perf but then again that channel isnt known for making reasonable things
>7 gamers vs 1 cpu
unless you have so much high end gear that
it becomes a reasonable build for you to build because why not

Thanks for reminding me to watch Linus Tech Tips as well as buying one of their shirts that Linus is hopefully wearing on his latest video

what does 8k videos have to do with kernel development?

>7 gamers vs 1 cpu
I will never understand why he doesn't use the proper hardware for any of this shit.
There's specialized systems for streaming shit like CAD workstations to multiple computers from a single rack server, there's even specialized video cards. Why not use one of those?
It's like he goes out of his way to fuck things up just to have more videos on shit not working.
Motherfucker, you have the money! You could've paid a guy to come with the hardware and have it installed and you trained to use it in a day!

>I'm a neet, wah, why do other people have money and things i don't have
KYS

>when is he going to realise that no one gives a shit about high res tech videos
Speak for yourself faggot.
I can't stand when you don't get 4k in the current year on popular Youtube channels.
Did you know Pewdiepie still uploads in 720p in 2019?

that fat downsyndrom guy seems to be the only competent person at that company to be honest

Why would he bother with anything higher than 720p when most of his active viewer base is watching his videos on shittyl phone screens? It'd be a wasted effort.

>bullying based anthony
TAKE IT BACK!

Attached: 1546211745325.jpg (268x268, 25K)

Are you seriously THIS butthurt?

Attached: 1551809109584.jpg (900x810, 52K)

Nah, consider every other youtube channel when they review [product] they always have to have "how well does it run fortnight", thats the kids audience.

i remember reading an ex-linus employee (someone off camera and only lasted a few months) on leddit claiming that most of linus' tech are sponsored or heavily discounted due to his youtube fame

they get sent a ton of free shit that they pay for it to be sent back and working hours for video editors are literal sweatshop-tier

he also got attacked by linus fanboys when he mentioned that linus' persona during build, parody or meme videos aren't real and some of the shit his employees say towards him on camera would get them in hot shit off-camera or in a normal day

then after being shat on by fanboys he said that the only real niggas left is the main cameraman, luke and the chinese guy who gets made fun of once in a while

>pleb spacing

He doesn't pay for his hardware so why wouldn't he?

Anthony really deserves better than having to fix Linus shit.