Switching to windows 7 after end of life

i had a moment making coffee where i realized i would rather be using OSX than windows 10. that's how bad it's gotten. so i'm gonna switch back to 7

microsoft is abandoning it, so no more windows updates. all of the software that currently works will continue to work, and it has a lower performance overhead than windows 10, and unlike linux it's going to just work.

thinking on it, i actually cant really think of any reasons to install windows 10 over windows 7. going forward into the future and beyond, windows 7 seems like the perfect operating system

Attached: CaoxJuo.jpg (1440x907, 153K)

i thought that was a blue screen of death and i'm kind of disappointed

Yes, you should use Windows 7 instead of Windows 10.
You could try using only open-source programs. It'll make it easier if you want to migrate to GNU/Linux later on.

Attached: archer and rin.jpg (1294x1910, 216K)

Just get Win10 Enterprise LTSB and stop being an overdramatic retard.

Any reason why you're recommending ltsb instead of ltsc?

Op I'm kind of a devout win 7 user and actually spent a decent amount of time installing third-party software to make Windows 7 even better to use. Most of Microsoft default stuff sucks shit as you know so I recommend you install some things to make your experience better. 7 + taskbar tweaker, stoic Jokers T clock, teracopy of course, total Commander, a bunch of shit I can't think of off the top of my head. Pretty much everything still has compatibility for it, except for maybe certain newest MS-STORE exclusive gated off video games which don't fucking matter; almost everything still has DirectX 9 or 11 version for people who don't have DirectX 12 and win 10. I think the user interface is better and I feel that you can have a better workflow on it and it doesn't do a bunch of dumb shit like win 10. Make sure to not install the update that add the same Telemetry spyware shit that win 10 has, and you will be golden for a few years. It Will eventually become unusable once they stop updating browsers / Java, flash, Silverlight Adobe shit, and stop making drivers for new hardware and everything, but until then I think you can ride it out for at least a few more years. Especially considering that Enterprise support and windows embedded will be supported until like 2025 if you really need support anyway (which you don't). Also I can't believe I'm saying this but 8 and 8.1 are actually better to use them 10 in a lot of respects because you can pretty much make them into Windows 7. With Classic Shell you can boot straight to the desktop and just never ever touch the Metro bullshit that they added with Windows 8. So if 8.1 ends up lasting longer than its 7 which I doubt due to low marketshare, that is an option as well.

Windows 7 Will likely be the last windows I will ever use. Unless they come out with something new that isn't Azure/cloud/MSbotnet related, I'll move to Linux.

>i actually cant really think of any reasons to install windows 10 over windows 7
Video games

Attached: citt.jpg (3840x2160, 1.52M)

LTSC is the non-cucked version. No Cortana annoying computer bitch.

many modern games still support 7

>many

Round about way of anything "anything worth playing."

>going forward into the future and beyond, windows 7 seems like the perfect operating system
And a few years later
>Minimum Requirements: Windows 10 - Build XXXX, Ubuntu XX.XX LTS, Mac OSX FuckMeSideways-Edition
Sooner or later Windows 7 will be phased out. Business will move on to 10 or Loonix or be stuck on 7 until the heat death of the Universe just like they did with XP, Microsoft won't care. All one can hope is that Loonix will become a viable alternative in the next few years and good luck with that.

wrong :)

Windows 10 has better ssd drivers, but that's it.

i switched from 7 to xp
ama

Ungh this dumbass lame backsliding bullshit again. Windows 10 LTSB-N 1703 Is pretty good. Run Win10Privacy and blackbird after install and call it a day. If you're going to go full autist and stick with windows 7, consider 8.1 without metro.

Attached: LTSBNFTW.jpg (1217x590, 159K)

did you pimp it out with cool themes?

windows 7 is not ''safer'' than 10 from ms' updates

I was forced to moved to win10 because my laptop did not have win7 drivers. At least I used wpd.app to declutter it a bit. (Lenovo a320 ast)

Correct

not rly but kinda
i used a trimmed version so i installed that zune theme from ms to not be that ugly

>Windows 10 has better ssd drivers, but that's it.
Wow having constant 100% disk usage sure makes them better.

>constant 100% disk usage
>Citation Needed

Attached: works on my machine faggot.png (131x265, 3K)

>"how bad it's gotten"

OSX is pretty good though and a step up from 7 productivity wise. I still use 7 on my gaming rig but it literally only serves the purpose of booting up games and running torrents. I don't use it for anything important and especially not anything which requires secure login.

It is in the sense you can pick and choose which updates you want and it doesn't kick you off your machine to install updates without your permission. As long as you are vigilant you can avoid telemetry updates completely.

Linux keeps getting better with the games though?

>>Any reason why you're recommending ltsb instead of ltsc?
Because I was in a hurry and mistyped, but either way they are the same thing, LTSC was the system that updated LTSB before MS just got rid of the LTSB acronym entirely, if I recall correctly.

Ok cool call me in 20 years when it's on par with Windows 7.