Since when did Google implement mandatory account login on Android device reset...

Since when did Google implement mandatory account login on Android device reset? Or is it implemented by certain manufacturers only?
When you factory reset a phone, you can't skip Google account login - and it must be the last account you used on the phone, others won't work.
I see this mostly on Nougat devices and above.

Attached: verify-google-account.jpg (750x400, 26K)

So this only triggers if I factory reset the phone while it's still logged in?
It'd be nice to not have this happen if I ever want to give my phone to someone else.

Since Android 6 I guess. So give it back, Tyrone.

imagine having a ROM that does this.
the absolute state of stocktards.

Until you enter the correct registered account, the phone is basically a brick - it's linked to account's list of registered devices by IMEI, so no (stock) ROM (re)flashing will help.

You're so funny

Give it back, Jamal

If it just needs the latest Google account used on the device you could just make a throwaway Google account, switch to it and hard reset the device. Then when selling it there won't be any personal info of any kind. Of course that would require you to have access to the phone while being unlocked before you hard reset

>can't even turn on your phone without botnet account
The absolute state of modern tech.

Actually, Android 5
You're supposed to remove your accounts before doing a factory reset

You can still use an android phone without signing in, but if you have signed in then you need to verify yourself if you've reset it to prevent theft.

This isnt true, a guy sold a op5t to me and didnt take his account off beforehand and I just reflashed the stock rom

Try doing it with an LG.

its called FRP, Jamal.
Return the mobile

I havent had it ever happen to me after flashing multiple roms and without removing accounts fro them

Ungoogled Android when

>nigger steals phone
>nigger factory resets it
>jewgle account was already linked by real owner
>???
>factory reset protection triggers based on IMEI and locked bootloader
It's called FRP and this can lock you out if you meet the requirements:
>own some android 5.1, most 6.x, all 7.x that has gapps.
>have logged into gmail once
>factory reset it accidentally at any point
You can just log in with the previous account linked to the device.
This won't happen if you skipped the jewgle account registration and just went straight to Yalpstore
Most phones now will even restore the stock recovery image that you'll have to root and patch right after flashing the custom recovery image. Others had it worse like always flashing it after every restart.

It's called China (intl versions are jooglecuck)

so you flash it then boot straight to recovery instead of flash and restart

I have. If you use LG's unbricking software that they use when you send In your phone (cant remember the name off the top of my head but it's like Samsung's ODIN) it wipes it fine

As long as you can flash boot/stock/recovery etc images to the device you can remove the google sign in. Maybe that'll change in the future

It was put in at Android 5.1.1