Windows 7 won't have support in less than a year

Windows 7 won't have support in less than a year.

What are you gonna do?

Attached: 61EHX3TT-fL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ameliorated.info
netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

install gentoo

based

/thread

My processor doesn't even work with 7

Anything will work with 7 if you're savvy and persistent enough.

Stick with 7 until linux gets better

>What are you gonna do?
Continue using XP

>My processor doesn't even work with 7
That's what "they" want you to belieive.

I wish W11 was real.

Continue using it. It's not like it's gonna uninstall itself the day it loses support. I've never relied on Microsoft updates and security, and software will support it for a decade to come.

fyi xp still has updates

why would i waste extra 20gygabytes for a fancier xp?

Keep using this.

Attached: 519909-bigthumbnail.jpg (450x281, 58K)

Use 8.1 + Classic Shell until support ends in 2023.
Hope Windows 10 is ready for usage (though I said that in 2015 about Windows 7 ending in 2020 and Windows 10 is still shit).

7 still has 38% market share to 10's 40%
They're gonna extend it

lmao

>What are you gonna do?
Sage this overly repeated thread, that's what

keep using it - if something essential for my task happens to get a release exclusively on a different OS, i'll dual-boot that.

Already made the switch to (K)ubuntu full-time. Not missing Win 7, though it was good times. Still keeping it on my desktop if I ever play vidya again.

Just stay on Win7 and not worry about it. Simple as that.
I'm not magically going to be any more vulnerable then before. Stopped installing updates quite a while back when they started to package shady shit in to Win7+8

Nothing, who gives a shit?
They ultimately failed to convince majority to install 10 even after giving it out for free.

Thats not true at all. Quit relaying MS's lies.
The only thing that prevents install is the lack of USB 3.1 drivers. You can simply just slipstream them to the install medium or install using an optical drive + ps/2 keyboard. I've got Win7 on an 8th gen intel without issue. Works with all Ryzen as well.

Nothing, I will still use it like I'm doing it now, as nothing will magically stop working.

Install 10.

Windows 10 has a bigger market share than 7. It has had since last year.

Keep using it until the Microsoft SWAT team breaks in my door and makes me upgrade to Windows 10. And then I will switch to Linux

Not much and 7 has been climbing back up lately.

Imagine giving away your new operating system FOR FREE and barely gaining the edge over the one that came before the one before it. Windows 10 is a fucking failure and people only ever use it because they're technologically inept and have clicked the upgrade button or bought a device with it preinstalled.

FPBP

Just slightly bigger if we're talking about the whole world.
Even if I wasn't right about the majority you wouldn't argue adoption rate is shit.

Could you just use an USB 2.0 PCI-E or PCI card if they ever decide to remove PS/2 ports or stop making drivers for newer 3.1 chips?

>What are you gonna do?
See

A PCI/PCI-E USB 2.0 or 3.0 card will also do the trick. Just plug in the install medium and you mouse+keyboard in to that card.

No such thing as a PS/2 PCI card, since a PS/2 port is directly tied with the keyboard encoder of the BIOS/UEFI, so it can't be on a separate card.

And even ignoring that completely pointless shit the average tard will use Win 10 sooner or later because the old PC/Laptop died and the new ones come exclusively with Win 10.
7 is dying that's a fact and at some point even the most hardcore 7 user will need to switch to something else.

Attached: 2019-03-05.png (199x164, 7K)

Your chart doesn't include military, banking, police. How many ATM machines on the planet still running XP? There was an article about >100M users in China use XP. The healthcare system in the US as well.

Yeah that is right. And none of those machines are running 7.
7 simply does not have the same unique position as XP has in the enterprise sphere, not at all. XP still survives due to so many legacy programs and solutions still relying on it. 7 never had that. And 7 embedded also didn't take off. 7 will slowly die, especially for normal users, with Enterprise right on their heels.

LTSC

>7 will slowly die
And I'll be damned if I'm not going to be right by its side!

I don't see how it contradicts the point.
Three fucking years into "release", they were giving it out for free and whoring for it like crazy so they could have minuscule 2% edge over 7 in the end. That's unprecedented.

WINDOWS 10 AME VM

ameliorated.info

Yes it is, and it wasn't mean to disprove the shit adoption rate. Just to disprove the 7 has a bigger market share than 10 with 7 catching up again stuff. But my point still stands. 7 is dying. And besides 10 or Linux there is no alternative, unless you want to change to OSX. And Enterprise is not going to choose OSX or Linux at least not to any remarkable degree.

upgrade to windows 8.1

If 7 is dying, it's taking its sweet time for it.

Attached: win710.png (1664x881, 123K)

>7 is dying
It clearly won't happen in a year when support is running out.

anyone can post a random chart off the internet

Attached: ddbs.jpg (632x464, 33K)

Windows 7 is just starting to hit EoL what do you think happens after that? When developers will start to stop supporting the platform? This one hint I'll give you it's market share wont suddenly spike.

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx

So I have to stop using win7 in a year? Why?

>When developers will start to stop supporting the platform?
If XP is anything to go by, probably no less than five years from now.

Which coincides with the EoL of even the extended paid or cracked support.

Use a disk to install VII on windows 10?

Attached: Windows 7 Install Disk.png (543x543, 292K)

I already upgraded to gentoo

Either way I'm not gonna have to stop using it at the end of this year.

I never claimed that either. Just that it is starting to die.

Nothing. I don't get why people flip their shit over 'unsupported' software. I don't need some hipster trying to figure out how to enforce a code of conduct that properly balances the rights of furries and the rights of pedos to use software.

I'm still using an un-updated copy of Winamp that's 17 years old.

already migrated to Windows 10 ARM

Nobody gives a fuck about windows updates.
Malware? If they even care, the three people who use windows defender will just switch to a third-party like everyone else.
Security? Pfft, right! Because windows 10 REALLY gives off a sense of security. Big Brother security AM I RITE?!

10 is a flop. As always, Windows users will either change their OS (unlikely), or hold on to their favorite version until a decent version comes out - EoL be damned.

speaking of malware my icons for winrar just up & changed on me,is there a way to change em back to their original?

That's not how the average consumer functions not at all. Once their shit breaks they get a new one that has Win 10 on it and will use it no questions asked. The average user literally does not care about anything you mentioned.

Windows 7 till it's completely unusable then switch to Linux.

Keep using 7?

I'm rocking gentoo on my laptop and 7 on my desktop, I even installed a win10 theme for 7, so no, I won't change it.

This new model they have is useless in the modern market, stability issues with 9x got solved over a decade ago, 64-bit and visuals were improved massively since the XP and 9x era.
There's no reason to change anymore.

We don't have massive improvements of technology requiring such changes, look at what we had back when XP came out compared to what we had when 7 came out, and compare that to what we had when 10 came out?
The technology leap from XP to 7 was gigantic, we're talking pentium 4 1GHz single core to 1st gen 45nm Core processors - Nehalem and Westmere, we're literally on the step before Sandy Bridge.
At that point we'd be on Willamette - 180nm a single step away from Northwood. When 7 came out these processors would barely even render a webpage, compare that to now? A 1st or 2nd gen Core processor performs just fine for any average user, there's no reason to do anything.

Literally the only thing they have is putting a new shiny coat of paint and calling it a new OS while adding nothing to the user experience.
However with 7 you can customize it enough with 3rd party themes, so aesthetics is a moot point, not they would ever give you the ability to freely customize it directly.

At least 8 had the bonus of being more optimized.

That's only if their computer breaks and can't be repaired. They're not going to give a flying fuck if the computer they've been using since 2009 doesn't update anymore, or doesn't get official support from microsoft (which they never use anyway). Yes, when their dinosaur's guts coughs up its last bit of "never been cleaned" dust and they need to buy a new computer, they ARE likely to get Windows 10. That is not what I'm saying. I'm saying that people will not uninstall 7 and switch to 10 because of EoL.

What bs is this?

Windows 10 is better than Windows 7.

I have 0 (zero) ads on it btw, you guys are idiots.

Well yeah I agree with you there. They won't suddenly turn up and uninstall. Enterprise will eventually if they haven't already. But considering the average consumer there probably are still people using Windows 3.0 because it just werks around.

paizuri

It's shit. It's LTSC for people that like to make people as complicated and unsafe as humanly possible.

Probably switch to Mint.

just keep using it
microsoft '' security '' is pure meme

Its a totally de-botnetted windows 10 based of the 1809 build. I ran it for luls in a VM and was so impressed its now bare metal on 2 of my machines.

>complicated and unsafe as humanly possible.
ayyyyyy i trust AME more than i trust Microsoft

Let me say that again: i have no trust in Microsoft. What is there to honestly loose ?

Keep using it, as it's supported until 2025.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

By the way, how do I install windows 7 on an Intel z390 system?

Boot the DVD then keep clicking Next...

>What is there to honestly loose?
Your telemetry ending up in the hands of some guy instead of a large, trusted corporation with a face to lose.

No clicking because no mouse because no USB drivers.

this, win10 is beautiful

Then integrate it via DISM.

Use a PS/2 keyboard and tab through the dozen or so screens, or google "[your chipset] Windows 7 installation USB drivers".

CentOS

Y'all cowards don't even use MDT to create a bootable Litetouch USB stick with drivers already injected.

Attached: 33E4495E00000578-3576790-image-a-32_1462533583176.jpg (306x346, 19K)

The vast majority of experiences I've read and heard from people who tried to get it to work for weeks was that it flat out just does not work, because the USB driver refuses to install.

>USB stick
>not DVD like it's 2009

Integrate it via DISM!!

See and One of the tools to slipstream drivers in is Asus ez Installer, works for all motherboards, not just Asus.
I've done it for several different PCs, works fine.

As far as I've researched this works for every chipset (including z370), up until z390. Have you done it on a z390 chipset successfully?

Yup, just did like a week ago.
Asus actively updates the tool still adding in new chipsets as they come out. There are a few other tools out there that do the same thing but I've had FAR the best luck with Asus'. I used it for a Dell tower even.

Alright, I'll give it a try. Thanks

>won't have support

It never had support though.

Both of these are wildly incorrect.

install mint

No prob, best of luck on that. All else fails, just use a USB 2.0 PCI-E card and install with all your USB devices connected to that. That will always work no matter what. Which you can buy them for like $5.

>Already made the switch to (K)ubuntu full-time
This is what I'm going to do, fuck microsft.

Yeah, once you get past the initial shock and find the software you need it's comfy as fuck. No need to stress about switching OSes ever again.

What's actually the drawback of microsoft no longer updating Win7? It's not like other developers will stop creating software that works with it, seeing how Win7 is still the most popular OS around.

Attached: help.jpg (499x810, 47K)

Considering you still have Visual Studio 2019 being able to target Win7 as a first class citizen, its going to be many years before Win7 actually dies. Its likely going to be like XP, will take 5-6 years before you really see the wave of software vendors truely dropping support for the OS.
But I foresee open source software being made Win7 compatible for years more after that even. Tons of open source shit is made today that support XP.

>linux still cant beat xp

Attached: 1550873873213.jpg (445x482, 37K)

>Windows 7 won't have support in less than a year.
>What are you gonna do?

Don't let them fool you. They said the same about Windows XP in 2014 and here I am still using it. Works like a charm.
Companies want to squeeze every cent out of you, if ain't broken don't fix it.

Nothing, since I'm on Windows 10. Like a normal person.

Attached: what am I reading.jpg (460x561, 36K)

Don't reply to me with your weird images, incel freak.

imagine having the botnet so deep inside your asshole as to prefer windows 10 over glorious windows 7