Based

technologyreview.com/the-download/613064/self-driving-cars-are-coming-but-accidents-may-not-be-evenly-distributed/?fbclid=IwAR1IuLdjhqzaqwT6pjIecZfCkQZLi_sqIlAw6lmbGi1NSqVZsixk2mtBL_g

based

Attached: paul-priestman-priestmangoode-autonomous-vehicles-self-driving-cars-exacerbate-congestion-drones-tra (852x479, 80K)

>self-driving cars hate minorites too
I'm ready for the future

What a clickbait title.

shut the fuck up and get ready for AI discriminating against minorites. it's gonna be nice and cozy, white people won't have to expend energy to be racist now

I imagine the reason for this is that there are more black pedestrians without vehicles so a higher proportion of them are likely to get hit as opposed to whites that tend to drive everywhere and not walk.

The car's AI is obviously not racist.

Unless they want their self-driving car to get sued into oblivion, they'd better start including more minorities in their avoidance algos.

>I imagine the reason for this is that there are more black pedestrians without vehicles
Lol no. They just only tested it on white people, because the company is probably located in an area that is 99% white. It's that simple.

>program a self-driving car
>it "accidentally" runs over niggers every time it's on the road

Attached: -2.jpg (1920x2496, 1.43M)

White people don't expend energy being racist already.

Just by sitting back and watching minorities do things you become racist

black people are notorious for not using crosswalks and cross the roads wherever and whenever they feel like. not surprised the self driving cars probably got frustrated and took its anger out in them

>launch chatbot AI
>it hates black people
>launch image recognition AI
>it hates black people
>launch self-driving car AI
>it hates black people
Maybe the AI is trying to tell us something

Attached: 482B887400000578-0-image-a-31_1516042124548.jpg (636x382, 59K)

Always makes me laugh that somehow AI always manages to teach itself that blacks are bad, it's almost like it's using logic and statistics to somehow come to that conclusion and each time no matter how hard you try to reprogram it it will eventually come to the same conclusion again the more data it analyses.

I'm sure one day AI will analyse enough data to realise that humans in their entirety are the problem, but for now at least it worked out which race is most obviously the worst, shame some humans have so much trouble trying to work that out.

Well, if you're speaking from a pure efficiency standpoint, then all humans are inherently worthless. But if you have a more lenient "not actively detrimental" standard then most every ethnic and cultural group exceeds the cutoff except for Subsaharan African diaspora and Australian aborigines.

I mean there are very specific places where it's impossible to progress because the local citizens actively assault the very concept of progress like termites. You know, mail being stolen instead of delivered, power lines and water pipes being torn down for scrap, agricultural land intentionally being hoarded and left fallow, free or low cost subsidized housing being vandalized and destroyed by its own residents, etc. I don't think anyone has ever devised a humane solution for that sort of thing.

>the local citizens actively assault the very concept of progress like termites
And that's because their government and country as a whole is corrupted to hell by greed and self profit. I mean, every country has corruption, but atleast 1st world countries have various checks in place to prevent it from getting too bad.

In countries like Venezuela and Mexico, it's basically run by drug lords. You can literally have your entire family killed by not allowing a police officer to rape you. Of course a country in that state will have active retaliation and total disregard for society.

omg I forgot about this

I think black people wont be able to afford self driving cars

Can those wheels be also used as subwoofers?

I feel like the only true way self-driving cars will work flawlessly is if every car on the road is also self-driving.

There's just too many morons on the road to make these things work out decently. Why do you think air travel is the safest way to travel? Because all the planes in the air are on auto-pilot.

driving is really not that difficult. It amazes me people get into crashes for the stupid reasons they do.
we should just dig up all of California and shoot it into space.

I went to a wikimedia Meetup a few years ago and when this was mentioned by some roastie this based dude just burst out laughing every1 could hear him

>It amazes me people get into crashes for the stupid reasons they do.
you have people that think they're invincible on the road
you have people that are drunk on the road
you have old people that drive too slow on the road
you have people that love showing off on the road
you have people that are just batshit insane

of course there's going to be accidents when you mix these all going at high speeds

The cars don't even use optical cameras to identify pedestrians most likely. It's all lidar, ultrasound, and infrared, which all make it easier to detect a person consistently regardless of what they're wearing or how much they glow in the dark.

based. I'm sure Ted kacyznski would change his mind after reading this article.