How many of you use Linux just cause it's free of charge? That's harmful and defaces the entire OS

Attached: 144px-Linus_Torvalds_talking.jpg (144x218, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#7b8be4d03a23
theregister.co.uk/AMP/2016/12/01/upgrade_shift_f10_pops_win10_system_bitlockerbypassing_cli/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-vista/cc766200(v=ws.10)#BKMK_ADRecovery
zdnet.com/google-amp/article/windows-security-microsoft-patch-for-outlook-password-leak-bug-not-a-full-fix/
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5190653/amp/Security-flaw-Windows-10-opened-passwords-hackers.html
inverse.com/amp/article/19129-19-year-old-bug-leaks-windows-password
theverge.com/2013/7/17/4517480/nsa-spying-prism-surveillance-cheat-sheet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That's harmful and defaces the entire OS.
Why? Surely 1984: The operating system which is Windows 10 can't be harmful in any way.

Windows is always free if you're smart enough.

First of all Linux is a kernel not an OS.

Second of all there is no harm in using a Linux-based OS because of the price. In fact one of the benefits of free (as in freedom) software is that you are legally allowed to share copies with your friends, even if they can't afford to purchase their own.

Are you fucking retarded?

Because it misses the entire point. You're supposed to advocate for it's freedom of use and relaxed license. The more you advertise its lack of price, the more uninterested people flood the usebase.
Don't stain your criminal record like that.

Windows 10 runs like crap on my old laptop. Advertisements and high resource usage (2 Gig ram used on idle, constant high disk and cpu load).

Not all distros are free of charge.

The alternative is paying Microsoft or Apple to spy on you. Might as well use Linux, even if it might be compromised at this point.

If Linus had been called Unus
his operating system would now be called Unux

Books would be written called things like "Unux Orchestrated"

>spy on you
So fucking what, stop being a criminal.

Being free, it doesn't have any issues like having to activate it, or having to call Microshit to convince them I'm not pirating windows just because I changed my graphics card or mobo.

>So fucking what
brainlet detected
>stop being a criminal
I'm not. Privacy is a basic human right, but your troglodyte brain can not comprehend such a complex issue.

i use it on my htpc for exactly this reason, fuck off OP

>le super secret loonix club xddddd

Attached: 1524420344901.png (1024x768, 959K)

Load of horseshit, you need psychiatric help.

>You're supposed to advocate for it's freedom of use and relaxed license. The more you advertise its lack of price, the more uninterested people flood the usebase.
And what tells you that none of that is "advertised"? Isn't free as in beer a plus on top of free as in libre?

Nah, you need to go back to school.

Reported btw.
Because nobody accounts for that shit, everyone's a freeloader.

>Load of horseshit, you need psychiatric help.
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#7b8be4d03a23
They're not even attempting to hide it you troglodyte. Have fun when your passwords get compromised and leaked because of Microsoft's totally secure and private operating system and you require psychiatric help then.

windows is free, too

>Because nobody accounts for that shit, everyone's a freeloader.
Great sources man. I totally see it now.

I have been running pirated windows all my life and am still running pirated windows in a vm so no I'm not running linux because it's free lol

>mmuuuh passwords
Never happened, never will. Your info is meaningless so long as you don't violate the law.
You're either a special snowflake or literal criminal hiding.
Show me your linux contributions.

>Reported btw.
I am so scared right now.

We got Richard Stallman posting in this thread. Come on everyone! Let's ask him questions!

>Your info is meaningless so long as you don't violate the law.
Yeah, that's why data mining is basically the sole online business model now and why tens of millions of dollars are spent annually on the PRISM project.
>You're either a special snowflake or literal criminal hiding.
Sure thing, just because you said so. Let's see all that personal info you're comfortable with sharing since you're not a special snowflake.
>Show me your linux contributions
Nice poisoning the well. What does any of that have to do with the question I've asked? How does this help your case of you talking out of your ass?
>Never happened, never will
theregister.co.uk/AMP/2016/12/01/upgrade_shift_f10_pops_win10_system_bitlockerbypassing_cli/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-vista/cc766200(v=ws.10)#BKMK_ADRecovery
zdnet.com/google-amp/article/windows-security-microsoft-patch-for-outlook-password-leak-bug-not-a-full-fix/
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5190653/amp/Security-flaw-Windows-10-opened-passwords-hackers.html
inverse.com/amp/article/19129-19-year-old-bug-leaks-windows-password
And this is just a start of what's bad about Windows.

>PRISM
Are you a terrorist? If not, this doesn't concern you at all.
>because you said so.
Link me to some leaks then.
>What does any
Ugh deflection.
>old links for smalltime bugs (fixed)
Nothing of value was leaked or lost. Nothing in common with your "leak all your passwords" statement.

Year of the linux desktop wen

I switched to Linux on my main desktop because I wanted to try out proton, and I also love the terminal.
I switched my media PC/NAS to Linux because Microsoft decided to unregister my copy.

You retard. You're breaking the law in order to use non-free software? Double whammy

>decided
Contact support.

>paying
>Apple

You do know macOS is freeware right?

It wasn't a legit copy anyway. I don't care, because there wasn't anything I was doing on windows that I couldn't do on Linux.

>If not, this doesn't concern you at all.
I don't know why I'm spoonfeeding you, but here it goes.
theverge.com/2013/7/17/4517480/nsa-spying-prism-surveillance-cheat-sheet
>because you said so.
>Link me to some leaks then.
This is about you claiming I'm a terrorist or a special snowflake. What links do you want? Try to follow whatever this whole thing you're doing is about more closely.
>old links for smalltime bugs (fixed)
>Nothing of value was leaked or lost. Nothing in common with your "leak all your passwords" statement.
Yeah, continue not reading anything I've posted. You surely proved people who have been compromised other than you wrong. They weren't, because you weren't. That's how it works.
And I notice that you haven't proven that you're not a special snowflake. Where's all that personal information you're comfortable with sharing because it doesn't matter at all and it totally doesn't put you at any risk? Weird how that works.

What does freeware even mean? It's a closed source OS that ships with their hardware. When you pay for an Apple device, you pay for the OS also.

>claiming
If you're not, you have no business avoiding very normal security measures in an overt and suspicious way.
>people who have been
What the 100 guys ever? Whew.
>all that personal information
Google me.

Windows is free now ya ding dongs

Why the fuck would I want to use windows 10?

idk lunix was fun.

I only use free as in freedom software because of my philosophy, not because they're free as in free beer.

Attached: freedomgirl.jpg (735x1037, 77K)

Free as in beer is my number one and only philosophy. I use pirated windows and linux. I don't care about morality or philosophy or any of that junk. I haven't paid for anything in years.

Anything else is for deluded college professors and stallman to wank themselves off with.

Who's with me?

Attached: DJ_Patil_1.jpg (1920x960, 282K)

Because it's the best operating system Microsoft has ever developed and thus the best operating system to ever exist. LOONIX is hobbyist shit for nerds and autists. So cheaply made they can't even give it away! Meanwhile, Microsoft Windows is enterprise-grade software designed by and for professionals. A bargain at any price.

Ask for genuine Microsoft software.

Nobody. Good software costs money to develop.

Okay, where can I download the source code?

Oh so that's why Linux sucks so much ass! It suddenly all makes sense!

alot of money goes into linux development at this point probably more than into windows 10 lol

Why, you gonna steal trade secrets?

I'll give you this it certainly has more money going into it's development than Microsofts QA department lel

I use linux because
'ate winders
'ate new macs (gone downhill since they replaced Jobs with a poofta)
lightweight
no botnet
simple as