What is your honest opinion on Opera?

What is your honest opinion on Opera?

Attached: 71Y2mhDkBNL._SY355_.png.jpg (355x355, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2016/07/18/opera-browser-sold-to-a-chinese-consortium-for-600-million/
browseraudit.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not bad but i'd rather give my data to yanks than to chinks

Irrelevant and

this desu

It's the best browser out of the box, but let down by not having full Chromium extension compatibility and by being a Chinese botnet.

once the best browser, now a shadow of what it once was and a chrome skin. may as well not exist anymore.

Still the best UI out there. There's obviously some sponsored crap after the fresh install but it's all easily disableable by mouse clicking, nothing crazy like writing user.js in FF or just getiing used to being raped in Chrome. Don't bother if you care about privacy though.

Attached: 1547031699688.png (468x394, 23K)

> but let down by not having full Chromium extension compatibility
Name one that doesn't work.

Chinese botnet. I mean look, the chinks pumped 600 million into an irrelevant browser with ~1% market share? Do you think they do it just for fun?

Source: engadget.com/2016/07/18/opera-browser-sold-to-a-chinese-consortium-for-600-million/

Cookie Autodelete was broken for a long time. So was Buster. I have no idea of their current status, because I uninstalled Opera due to not wanting to wait six months for a fix every time something breaks.

Why do opera devs keep making daily opera survey threads?

It was the best browser EVER before turning into a shitty chrome theme pack.

Twas the best browser in the late 1990s and early 2000s. Then it became free and bad, but who would pay for a browser, right? Or any software.

I couldn't tell what it is now. Must be awful. But then again, the whole Web is a shit show now.

What exactly is meant by
>Chinese botnet
and
>giving my data to the Chinese

Can you be a bit more specific? I'm not denying it, but I am still considering using it anyway just because it's my fav on computer and phone. Like, what aspects of my browser use exactly are they spying on and who are they giving it to and for what purpose?

E.g.
>basic shit like Google does and giving it to Chinese ecommerce companies for the purpose of serving ads (which I'll block anyway)
That isn't a big deal to me, I don't really care.
But if it's more something like
>intense personal monitoring and psych profiling of this Laowai for Chinese CIA purposes
or
>steal personal account data, steal emails, steal passwords, steal credit card numbers and sell it to chinese hackers on steroids and they fuck my online shit, and thus my real life shit, up
THOSE would be really bad, obviously.

So what exactly is the nature of this Chinese botnet?

Attached: 1544454364145.jpg (680x590, 22K)

I'm with you in this one, opera was unique, now everything is chromium with different icons, few of them innovate like vivaldi.

Do me a favor and run this browseraudit.com/

I liked Opera back when I used it, was cool to have an embedded bittorrent client. But muh firefix addons.

It was a great browser, but it stopped existing a few years ago.

Loved using it on a low end smartphone I had but kept getting infuriated by draw issues, websites saying my browser was out of date, or some other dumbshit about it. Went back to chrome for a while, now use firefox mobile for most things.

pls answer

Attached: 1433612338242.png (285x285, 87K)

A Chinese private equity firm called Golden Brick Capital bought and now maintains Opera. They paid $575m to purchase it, and they sure didn't do it out of their love for providing alternative browser options. Of course there's no proof about exactly what data they collect, since the program is closed source, so you'll have to decide for yourself whether you trust your benevolent Chinese overlords not to spy on you.

whats a good browser? I'm using Waterfox currently, its ok, but 4chanX doesn't work on 4channel. I was thinking Opera but I don't trust the chinks.

pure fucking cancer. that's why devs left and went to create vivaldi.
vivaldi and firefox esr, the least cancerous of all.

Name one that auto-updates.
You can't. BOOM Pwn3d!!11chekm8

>Text selection pop-out is very nice.
>Best bookmark manager around - has a selection box like on your desktop, trash bin, sorts >newest bookmarks on top of lists.
>Polished UI, nearly perfect dark theme (bookmarks page will blind you at night.)
>No gayass download bar a la Chrome style.
>VPN useful for region blocks.
>Video pop-out with controls in the pop-out

That's all I can think of right now. Opera devs know how to create a nice user experience. Been using the browser ever since I came to the conclusion that internet privacy is a joke, there's too much demand for corporations to track you so you might as well just use whatever is the comfiest.
Addon versions are a little old but I just slap on uBlock Origin with third party scripts disabled so pages load quicker. Muhprivacy addons are for paranoid Stallman worshipers with too much free time, enjoy solving 10 fucking Google captchas in a row ya tools.

tfw it's the only browser i've used in the past like 10 years
well actually, i've tried p. much all of them but i end up coming back after a few days

Attached: 1549829988538.jpg (1200x1131, 253K)