Always leave office on time

Always leave office on time

Attached: 1551572338091.jpg (517x800, 56K)

You can be reasonable and get by doing the bare minimum, but you'll have to look for career advancement elsewhere, you'll never move up within the same company.
Just as well, loyalty used to mean something, not anymore.

This this this

t. japanese china man

>forward this to your boss
And now you’re fired.

>always leave on office time
>office and workplace is more comfy than home
fuck you

Unless there is a tight deadline there's zero reason to not leave the office on time. Are burgers compelled to stay a few minutes to an hour after office hours?

Companies would be relieved if they're not giving you overtime shekels.

The amount of time preparing for work, commuting, commuting back, unwinding after work, and thinking about work in your free time takes a huge chunk of your life even if you only work 8hr a day.

Truckers have it nice, they can just jump into the back and be at home and play vidya while they spend half a day waiting to be unloaded, no commutes ever, and since you have no need for rent or a physical address, or recurring expenses like utilities, you can do it for a few years so you can save up money to buy property and neet it up for years when you DO get sick of driving.

You'd be stupid to do it with a family tho.

Attached: yui burg.jpg (286x327, 17K)

You owe the most loyalty to yourself and your posterity. Why do you think you owe your employers something? Do you think that they feel the same way?

Not so fast, wagie! Mr. Goldberg just called me and told me there's TWO hours of overtime waiting for you unless you want to get fired!

Attached: 1540453060012.jpg (1200x950, 400K)

And you can wreck your body at the same time.

wait what, a pajeet that doesn't suck corporate cock?

>Unless there is a tight deadline there's zero reason to not leave the office on time.
This.
>Are burgers compelled to stay a few minutes to an hour after office hours?
Someone answer please.

Salaried workers aren't subject to overtime laws that stipulate all hours worked over 40 in a given week must be paid at 1.5x your normal wage, and 2x for all hours over 60.
You're given a salary, it covers all the time you work no matter how much it is, and you're effectively an indentured servant, since they expect you to respond to work shit at home, come in any hour of the day, and own what you work on in your spare time.

Imagine being American

Is there ageism within trucking?
I never see young people doing it, ever.

Young people don't want the job, it's not an attractive career.

This. Because it sucks.

gross

Who the fuck would want that?
t. construction self contractor

Full-Time work is babysitting for zombies. If we did away with pointless jobs, and automated things, so people only had to work 20 hours a week for society to function...Wagies would complain!

skin literally crawled at that thought then, fuck.

>Working 8 hours a day is the bare minimum

>Companies would be relieved if they're not giving you overtime shekels.
Tech workers don't get overtime. You get paid the same amount if you work 40 hours or if you work 80 hours.
People feel compelled by social pressure. Everyone else is working late so you don't want to be the only slacker leaving at 5pm.

>People feel compelled by social pressure
Huh?
>Everyone else is working late so you don't want to be the only slacker leaving at 5pm.
Their fault for being incompetent, less productive and doing wilful indentured servitude, right? If you're not being paid for working overtime and colleagues for the next shift have arrived, what incentive do you have to still stay at your workplace?

A lot of it comes down to company """culture""". I work for a large, global, private company. The culture could be better. There's a good amount of pressure to finish a minimum 8 hours a day in the office no matter what as the minimum, excluding weekly conference calls at night multiple nights a week, respond on weekends, etc. A lot of people are on average in the office for 9+ hours a day. Some of them are just dicking around trying to look busy. Some don't even hide it. Some are actually productive.

Here's a bonus: on people's birthdays, etc. there is an expectation that the person whose birthday it is brings in cake or donuts or whatever else treats, informs everyone it's their birthday or they had a kid or whatever life event, so they can come get a piece of said snack. Somehow this got formalized into an engineering standard. People won't remember it's your birthday unless you bring in treats, and even then they don't really care and just want a bagel.

How the fuck is that even legal?

Americans poisoned western society forever

Land of the Free™

For the first paragraph:
For the second - why would anyone treat people who only care as much as getting some free cake or candy from you?

If you're anywhere sensible you'll be promoted based on years experience anyways. So yes doing the minimum to keep going will get you advanced the same as everyone else while also not having unneeded stress

>what incentive do you have to still stay at your workplace?
I already told you, it's social pressure. You may be immune to it but most people aren't.

Not him but joke's on you, I work 12 haha

>, I work 12
are you happy? you sound like a slave

In my opinion, it's work so I don't really care that much. I'd prefer we didn't do anything for birthdays, new cars, homes, etc. but there's the social aspect of it. Because everyone does it, whether or not they like it, if someone hears you had an event that was on the standard and didn't bring in bakery, you'll get jeered at. Jokingly, but it's better just to conform. I know I don't really care about or remember any of my coworkers birthdays.

>Tech workers don't get overtime
That's illegal here, they have to pay double time and a half. Being as I'm making close to $35 you can begin to understand why I love working in technology.

sure, I make 70/hr plus overtime. How did I get this fucking job.

Land of the Fee®

fuckin top kek
I fucking laughed my ass off at that line

>if your boss forces you to work late, he/she may be ineffective and have a meaningless life too; so forward this to him/her

Can you imagine handing that to your senior manager or a director at some fucking serious corporation lol hahahaha that would fuckin great to see the look on their face

Agile development means there is always a "tight deadline"

why would you post this shit, like anyone here has an actual job or doesn't work from home.

You don't wanna work someplace where you're actively afraid of your supervisor, it's not good for your mental well being.

Pathetic ass kissing faggot. Only blue collar peasants think that slaving away to get ahead is acceptable - sign of a broken capitalist society where your indentured slavery makes the top heads hundreds of thousands if not millions. Get a real fucking career and you can tell your boss when the hell you're coming in and what time you're leaving.

>you did not study hard and struggle in life to become a machine
wasn't that the purpose of university? (I'm a uni dropout...)

where did anyone say that? Where are you pulling this information from? No one is "afraid" of another man? Who is literally afraid of their boss?

Don't forget who started and maintains this bullshit.

Jews poisoned America, _then_ America poisoned the west.

>Who is literally afraid of their boss?
Are you retarded?

A significant portion of wagecucks are terrified of their bosses. If they step out of line they get fired, and if they get fired they end up on the street in 3 weeks because they're too retarded to have saved any money at all.

It's fucked from both ends. Business owners and managers are (almost) universally enormously greedy cunts who would kill you for $15 if they wouldn't be punished for it, and worker drones are outrageously incompetent and barely, *barely* self aware. They can't perform functions like "planning for the future" or "realize they're being fucked".

Attached: 1526398382981.jpg (640x640, 187K)

Americans poisoned America, then they tried to spread their poison to the rest of the west.

All corporations will prefer cheaper labor, because it makes them more money. Remember that you are expendable, once they find a way to get cheaper labor, kiss your ass good bye.

Attached: 1551648894368.png (638x532, 522K)

Loyalty is a two way street. When you get your first job and that job fucks you, you'll learn this lesson.

The Jews we're talking about are not Americans, most of them are Israeli or are otherwise "nationless" people. That's why they have no problem poisoning western (white) countries.

the flip side is that you are guarenteed at least that much per pay period even if you dont work that much. Its implementation should be you are expected to work 50 hours some weeks but then ~30 hours other weeks when theres no need but in reality its just an excuse to not pay overtime and you'd get fired if you worked less than 40 hours a week

*go up to boss's office*
*slips it under the door*
*naruto run out of their*
Pfft nothing personal, corporate puppet.

That's the philosophy I've always worked with and it's kept me the most sane over the years. A lot of companies preach loyalty, but they mean that as loyalty to the company, when it should be both ways. I've worked for both startups and corporations that would talk about being a 'family' and 'stopping when the work is done, not when it's 5' and that's a huge red flag for me to avoid.

I don't mind working the occasional late night, but if it's an every day, or even every week thing I'm not gonna stay at that company long.

I love my current company, but I've know the ceo for years so I'm just lucky there. If he ever turned and expected me to work a bunch of overtime for free, I'd be out of there.

Salaried workers can request overtime pay. If your boss says no, you can say that you only agreed to 8 hours a day. Although if your boss is a dick, they can simply fire you and probably find someone that will work harder for less pay.