ITT: Snake oil

ITT: Snake oil

Attached: file.png (570x407, 45K)

it does what it says it does though

It losslessly compresses audio.
It's clearly working as advertised.

Attached: 1551760752630.jpg (546x565, 32K)

What's the issue?

Attached: 1550309727983.gif (652x562, 626K)

I wish it more compression levels. even if it would go at 1.0x speed, if it would save another 15% in size it would be worth the time

>free
yup
>lossless
yup
>audio codec
it sure is.
What's snake oil about it?

Attached: 1533613142754.jpg (640x480, 63K)

Dude i breed snakes to specifically harvest their oil and you got no idea what the how oily it actually is and how serpentine its structure is in totality.

[picture related] DSD 5.6 Megahertz

Attached: b8fca928-58ce-4559-bf67-d474fee07b3e.png (1831x950, 209K)

what was that program that tints you screen orange or some shit?
that's gotta be placebo

actual snake oil

Attached: sync.jpg (1024x538, 39K)

f.lux

What you need is a next generation lossless audio codec.

Windows 10 or Linux
>he uses a OS without that feature built-in
lmaoing my ass off at your life

Attached: snake oil.jpg (943x899, 95K)

>having music in it’s native lossless quality is bad
It’s absolutely amazing that people would prefer something that’s worse in quality than CDs
Literal regression

>>>/retard/

>he thinks lossy only destroys inaudible frequencies
Brainlet

>get everything in flac
>have a copy with zero generation loss you can encode to any format you like for eternity
what's not to like

Based and blindpilled

I can pull out a flac from 20 years ago it sounds good. A mp3 on a hdd from 1999 even at 320 has degraded to like 64k. Sounds like shit.

Flac didn't exist 20 years ago

You're telling me a file that has been static somehow degraded in quality while not being being transferred. That's bullshit.

pic related, for consumerist retards, unless your screen is like 50' or more... and why the fuck would most people want a big ass screen/monitor? just to show their social status...

Attached: 4k-uhd-logo-png.png (415x280, 13K)

Bit rot is a thing and with Flac you do have error checking as to minimize losses from a corrupt section of the file

>why would ANYONE want more than 80x24 terminals?

pretty much, yeah

>What is rotational velocidensity

ITT: OP THE INCOMPETENT FUCKING RETARD

you are a dumb cunt. 100%.

Most people have tvs 50' or bigger for their living room

it's called redshift and it really works wonders for reading text at night without eyesore. It takes a bit of getting used to as all color obviously gets strongly redhued by virtue of blocking blue, so don't use it for games and movies unless you like sepia. If you feed it a longitude&latitude or permit it access to geoclue it can actually change the level of blue to be mostly equal to the sunlight you get during the day.
The strongest bit of snakeoil would be in the idea that this feature would help you get a healthier sleeping pattern or something but it doesn't.

>Flac didn't exist 20 years ago
Yes it did. You just didn't know about it yet.

For a FLAC file to have existed for 20 years that would place the encode date in 1998-1999
Flac development started in 2000

144hz is snake oil nobody can see >60fps

>InThatThreat: Snake oil?
So what's in this thread? Good standards?

Then I'll post another good standard: PNG

lossy mp3 and jpg fags seething so hard that I thought it was a bad encoded flac file.
Almost had me there, baitposter.

seriously when

Attached: when.png (814x822, 351K)

If by healthier sleeping pattern, you mean you don't have to lie in bed for hours waiting to feel tired, I don't consider that snake oil.
Putting the filter on reallyyyy high so everything is super dim and red I've noticed makes me fall asleep faster.

The facts of interrupted sleep cycle caused by blue light is well documented, well backed science.

It's too good for this world.

>The facts of interrupted sleep cycle caused by blue light is well documented, well backed science.
The 'facts' are circumstantial, with studies currently showing weak evidence for and against blue light circadian anomalies. Just because it makes sense and you can find one paper that seems to confirm it means nothing.
t. user with legit genetic sleep disorder

This, for 90% of people 4K is a scam. I think I read the average person sits 9 feet from their TV so unless it's absolutely massive it's pure snake oil. I hate 4K because it's ruined literacy in the area, everyone talking about 2K, 4K, 8K which are pure buzzwords, rather than taking about pixel density which is what actually matters. People are like "my 65 inch 4K™ TV looks amazing" when it has far less pixel density than a standard 1080p 24 inch monitor.