/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: teddy.jpg (844x1200, 1.35M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/jk625x/exhentai-downloader.git
servercase.co.uk/shop/server-cases/rackmount/4u-chassis/4u-standard-chassis-10x-35-hdd- -3-x-525-bays-sc-43550b/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/CIMWin32Prov/win32-physicalmemory
privacytools.io/#vpn
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

watching cam show on chaturbutt and i can see the girls lips moving but I don't hear what she saying until 3 seconds later? very annoying

same issue when i download film and watch locally. although some films the audio/video is in sync. most of the time it isn't drives me insane.

audio technicia ath m50 plugged into mobo.

suspected it was the mobo sound?
should i try buying soundcard?
thought my gpu had sound

sorry new to this

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 971K)

Does this happen on anything other than lewd camsite stuff? like do you have this problem on youtube or twitch?

Figure I'll just ask again and get a second opinion:

Lads, what do I do?

I've been noticing that for the past two weeks or so, I have to manually reset my computer by pressing the manual reset button on the tower to get it to run.

No matter how I boot up the computer, starting it up from cold, booting up into safe mode, etc. I always get stuck at a black screen before the windows 10 splash screen. After I reset the computer through that button on the tower, it always runs immediately afterwards.

What do exactly?

Attached: 7dn74Nj.gif (350x266, 1.72M)

ye any stream stuff. youtube etc

works on some streaming but not on others.

Your cpu is shit
Your net is shit

I'd like to set my laptop monitor to change brightness on a schedule. I can change it manually but I don't like having to turn it down when I realize it's too bright at night. I'm not talking about the blue light filter which I already have set. Is there a way to do this on Windows 10 without a 3rd party application? If not, what are some FOSS options? Ideally I'd like it to be 25% in the morning, 50% by noon, and drop down by increments until it's 0% at night.

Attached: IMG_6745.jpg (720x711, 85K)

>want some laptop stickers
>hundreds or thousands of pages filled with SJW artsy faggotry
so aside from /o/ sticker threads any good places to grab some stickers?

I am using Debian on my harddrive.
Wanted to install Windows on a different one, so I unplugged the debian drive, plugged in another and installed windows.
When I unplugged the windows drive and replugged the debian drive the system wouldn't even boot to GRUB.
The data was still there (checked with live distro) but even with different settings in UEFI/BIOS it only wanted me to insert a bootable device.

How the FUCK does a seperate drive impact a passive system?

Anybody knows how this problem occured and how to solve this?

Find the image you want and go to kinko's and print them out your self

What is the easiest cheapest solution for me to be able to download movies and shows on my computer and have it stream with no problems on my TV?

Tired of copying shit over to slow USB sticks, tired of having to move my laptop over because my """""""""""""smart""""""""""""" TV isn't playing .mkv properly, I'm tired of ending up not watching anything because it's too much hassle involved

I read you can do it with a PS3 but I tried Universal Media Center and it didn't work or detect the console.

Yes I'm angry

Will a 1024x768 laptop LCD panel consume less power than a 1600x1200 one? Starting to have trouble with the 1600x1200 panel in my T60 and idk if I should wait for it to be completely fucked before swapping the 1024x768 panel back in, because I'm now having battery trouble.

Attached: 89437095096.png (852x475, 480K)

>a 16:10 display with a 4:3 aspect ratio image in non-native resolution

Attached: screaming noises.png (650x550, 540K)

Plex should work, icheck if ps3 has a plex app.
Sans that you can get a raspi v3(make sure it has x265 hardware decoding) and you can put a linux on it and use plex client to stream from your pc plex server

What's a good way to report a broken package in Arch without having to make an account anywhere?

You dont

Tech illiterate here

How do I download and install a program (or is it?) from Github? What do terms like "branch" mean? All my life, I've only installed programs that had their own setups/installers. Completely and utterly lost here

Attached: ehm.png (1052x423, 29K)

What a shame, it's literally ONE line.

>go into any folder you want to store the source code in
>git clone github.com/jk625x/exhentai-downloader.git
>follow the author's instructions on how to run the program
if you're under linux you probably already have a python interpreter too

kek
mate, I think this is going to be too difficult for you. Do you know how to use Python? If not, this isn't going to work out.

>just to download filth en masse.
Get python via anaconda, then install scrappy via conda, then download that filth, modify the .cfg and run main.py it via the terminal and be sad that it won't work as advertised.

The author instructions says I need "Scrapy" to run it.

I went to Scrapy's website and downloaded their "development branch" zip then extracted it on my desktop.

Scrapy's installation guide says that I need to write "pip install Scrapy" on the Python command prompt thingy (What's the technical term for it?) Pic related is the result

Attached: Capture.png (1049x494, 56K)

No you smelly testicle contortionist, the 1600x1200 panel and 1024x768 panel are separate screens. 1600x1200 is 4:3 btw you STINKY fug.

I never programmed in my life

How do I guarantee that my /dev/sda is the particular drive I want without UUIDs? Or is there anything else that would provide the same functionality if I'm running a setup without an initramfs?

Attached: 8ffa5a5c12ddb5dd2c60f119f81cb47cbe970f3f.jpg (1242x1024, 237K)

What is Jow Forums thoughts on which is the most trusted brand of external hard drive on the market, since i heard from others that seatgate is unreliable

Attached: animu.jpg (1152x2048, 2.17M)

Just buy an internal 2.5" drive and a $10-20 USB3 enclosure
Mine works great

Oh btw mine is an HGST/Hitachi.
Any brand is fine honestly but that or Western Digital are more reputable than Seagate. As an aside, you will want backups for any data you care about as drive failures do happen to every type of drive (yes even SSDs).

Looking at expanding my Freenas box. Currently have 5 HDDs but wanting to get more.

servercase.co.uk/shop/server-cases/rackmount/4u-chassis/4u-standard-chassis-10x-35-hdd- -3-x-525-bays-sc-43550b/
Anything that I should consider before getting this? Seems way cheaper than I thought it would be but I don't mind a couple of sharp corners and loud fans, I have a load of fans I can use. Just seem a bit too good to be true for that price.

make the next thread say 'squid questions general' with a picture of ika itll be rlly funny

Attached: 1487467510916.jpg (548x294, 169K)

Dude this thread is pretty young, its to early for those kind of requests

Why doesn't my RAM show correctly in speccy? It's Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2666 MHz if that helps.

Attached: 1550595816358.png (660x525, 59K)

fucked up my ubuntu somehow on raspberry pi and thought I'd just reformat the micro sd on windows, but windows doesn't recognize it even though device manger knows there's a 59 GB storage device.
I'm not really sure how to proceed.
I'm trying lads, appreciate any help

I'm having trouble posting in Jow Forums/nel from my phone. If I try to post from the browser I get a network protocol error, and if I try to post from Clover I get an error that says something like "error posting stream was reset: CANCEL".
The strange thing is that it only happens with a specific network, and only with my phone. Right now I'm using that same network on my PC and I have no problem posting.

Attached: 1532223738993.jpg (768x1024, 129K)

Does it show correctly elsewhere? If yes, it's a Speccy problem. If not, your RAM is not being reported correctly.

Where would I check? If it isn't being reported properly, what can I do to solve it?

No one has any rack experience?

you can run cpu-z or this from the command line
wmic MemoryChip get BankLabel, Capacity, MemoryType, TypeDetail, Speed
the definitions are here docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/CIMWin32Prov/win32-physicalmemory

I'm assuming this is still showing incorrectly.

Attached: 1521052953242.png (403x402, 27K)

How do I convert this:

Mar 17, 2019 | 10:00am – 6:00pm

Into two separate localdatetime objects in Java?

Looks that way. What does the BIOS show?

Can you format it through other software? EaseUS Partition Master always works for me when Windows doesn't

My boss is telling me to put a web application(AngularJS) and the back end (JAVA) in a server. Problem is I dont have an idea of how to start.

Please help.

I just tried the trial version of EaseUS
it looks like it would work, but the trial won't actually do it before I buy the software.
thank you for the suggestion though

Hi Jow Forumsentoomen,

SQL question...I am working on a project for my university lab and I want to do the following:

cr_number in the following (right now I declare as 1 to just show my shit works) is an auto-incremented primary id of the first table.

The second insert command I want to take the "newly created auto incremented id" that is generated from the FIRST insert command and use it in the second insert command.

I have searched for a few hours online and I cant find the answer....maybe someone here is better at SQL than I am? Probably the case I would bet....

Thanks

Attached: questionsalads.gif (1022x330, 104K)

use WAMP or LAMP. Start googling how to set it up and if you have questions come back and ask more.

Sorry for the toaster picture. I'm not really sure which pages are pertinent.

Attached: 1529142337323.jpg (4128x2322, 3.01M)

I got a phone interview with an IT place, but I just re-read their ad and the apparently drug test for the job offer. The last time I smoked was Feb 22, so I've been clean for about 2 weeks. How long do you guys think I have assuming I pass the phone interview, and do they usually test on the day of the in-person interview or do they schedule it for later? I plan on working out and avoiding fat for the next week and then stuffing my face with ice cream and pizza a couple of days beforehand to have fresh fat but I don't know if that will be enough and I don't want to risk failing it

diskpart

What do you guys do with you old PC parts? Store them, sell them, throw em in the trash?

Usually day of. If they're lazy it'll be at the interview with a spit test, which is nice because it only works if you've smoked in the last few days.

If you only smoked once or twice it doesn't take too long to pass a test, you might be in the clear already. This fat thing sounds like a new meme. If you've got the time, drink a lot of water/cranberry juice, maybe look into one of those headshop detox kits, but honestly nothing matters as much as time.

In Ubuntu, when I try to eject my SD card via the file browser button, it says "Error ejecting /dev/sdb: Command-line `eject "/dev/sdb"' exited with non-zero exit status 1: eject: unable to eject, last error: Invalid argument"
The drive does actually eject, since it's no longer present in /media and umount says it doesn't exist, but it remains visible in the file browser until I actually pop the card out, and the error popup is annoying.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I store all the old parts I have that still work. Never know when you might need a fan or keyboard or graphics card or hard drive. Could even build a computer out of spare parts for "free" and make it into a home server or something.
The only thing I wouldn't keep would be a solitary CPU or motherboard, since I wouldn't want to buy one to match it and the odds of happening upon one that matches are low.

Am i losing my mind or should it be the INTERSECTION of L2 and 0*1*?

Attached: TrippingBalls.png (1129x457, 50K)

That's promising, look for other programs or pirate that one.

Your bios is showing the memory is running at 2400mhz which would correctly show up as 1200mhz in windwos.
Where are you getting the 2666mhz from?
Is it possible you received the wrong ram?
You should check the sticker on them or the package and look up the serial code to make sure

Im installing IIS. But I will switch to WAMP right now. Thanks.

Jow Forumsents does anyone know where I can find a reliable msata usb-c case?

I recently was gifted an ORICO case for my drive (pic related) but whenever I plug it in to the usb-c port on my laptop it connects for ~6 min before it starts randomly disconnecting/connecting and the case gets too hot to touch. I've noticed that samsung sells external drives for msata so I'd like to find a case similar to it if possible.

Attached: IMG_20190305_220256_1.jpg (2771x2698, 1.42M)

What android browser do y'all use?

I was using Habit classic for a while, didn't mind the lack of support until it started crashing every 3 minutes. I was using Lightning for a little while, but it's got just a bit too little in terms of customization. Yuzu has been alright but it's been crashing arbitrarily a lot more recently.

Any recommendations?

Attached: habit.png (179x138, 34K)

Eating fat beforehand works because THC is stored in fat and gets broken down when its burned and thats how it gets into your urine. Stocking up on fat before a test means that when your body breaks down fat, it uses the new fat that THC wasn't stored in, so you should pee clean.

You forgot /wdg/ OP

Just use Chrome

Attached: indian browser.jpg (1080x1920, 342K)

Is there a program or function that can quickly disable access to a drive folder in windows 7? I normally use GPEDIT to prevent access, but it's so annoying to have to do that every time, and I forget to a lot. Something that can schedule it to be locked at certain times or days would be perfect.

ltsb 2016 here
can I get the rundown on ltsc?
what issues does it currently have?

Do you need any of the 1809 features?
No? Stay in LTSB.
If you still want a TLDR of the problems i still can tell you what is wrong with it.

The only reason to use LTSC is if you need a feature you need that is not supported in 1607 (Like cheap VR headsets that use the windows store to work properly unlike real ones like the HTC Vive or PSTV that work just perfect on their own).

Help, I'm going crazy with this.

I have an Asus Laptop with MX150 and every time I try using the GPU the program just gets stuck and won't do anything until I kill it from Task Manager.

I tried

-Installing Latest Drivers
-Removing Everything with DDU and installing the drivers on the Asus website

Is there some NVIDIA loggin or something to see what the hell it is doing it's hanging?

Attached: 1522192784119.png (900x900, 816K)

No I'm aware of fats role, and figured you were getting at something along those lines, but making that leap sounds exactly like something some stoner would decide works and everyone would repeat without any evidence. I mean a few big macs aren't going to hurt you, so knock yourself out, but I doubt it'll actually make any difference, and you can't placebo a drug test.

Download MSI Afteruburner and enable sensor logging.

Also which windows version are you using.
And also download GPU-Z.

Windows 10 Proffesional but a no bloat ISO I got from MajorGeeks before it was removed
It shows up fine in GPU-Z

Also weird thing is that CUDA works fine without issues

What I noticed when I try to run something using the GPU the clock spikes and then drops down to zero.

I'll try this as well

Attached: GPU Issue.png (368x566, 26K)

What would be the best but cheapest mobo+cpu combo to upgrade from my old 2500k? Only using it for gaming.

>It shows up fine in GPU-Z
But what the sensors in GPU-Z show.

>Memory usage 0MB
Install MSI Afterburner, for a reason it is recommended over the other brand programs.

You would have to take RAM in consideration too for something worth upgrading.

AMD B450 mobo and ryzen 2600 cpu, probably
Check /pcbg/

Here is the GPU-Z
I'm installing MSI afterburner now

Attached: GPU-Z.gif (404x523, 23K)

Now the sensor tab.

Fuck, I just noticed the PerfCap section says Power/Thrm sometimes even though the temperature is pretty low. Is that the issue? Why does CUDA work fine

Attached: GPU-Z 2.gif (404x523, 17K)

Some more sensor data

Attached: GPU-Z 3.gif (404x523, 18K)

bump
should i just go with a sata adapter and sata to usb-c case instead?

Because CUDA can work on its own you dont need to use the GPU for programs to use CUDA.
See Quadro (Tesla would be a better example) cards that have no video output.

You wont have much luck outside chinese products.
Hell you would have more luck buying a SATA enclosure and a mSATA to SATA adapter.

Are you using windows 10 1511 by any chance?

No, looks like Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

chrome is reliable but has shit compatibility and no theming

So 1803 then.
Do you know how make a Linux USB?
If so download Linux mint cinnamon and make a USB.

>For what
To test your GPU outside windows and confirm its not hardware damage but just a shitty install.

>Do i need to install linux
No you will just run a GPU stress test in Linux(glxgears).

It's actually a dual boot with Ubuntu but I was having trouble getting the NVIDIA drivers working in Ubuntu, but I guess I should give that another shot to confirm it's not hardware damage
Thanks for the help

Attached: 2019-02-24 19-39-39-1.png (1447x2048, 1.39M)

I need a wallpaper manager for kde. The included one is terrible and feh and nitrogen cant set backgrounds on it.

Just install LTSB or LTSC(And run the cumulative updates) next time.
And doesnt ubuntu and all the forks have easy ways to install the proprietary Nvidia drivers?

Its linux related though

Ah wallpaper manager, sorry.

Got a network problem.
My lan has 1 Wired Win10 PC, 2 wireless phones and 1 wireless Win10 PC.

The wired PC can't connect to or ping any of the wifi devices, or viceversa.
When pinging I get a time out as opposed to an "unreachable" when pinging nonexistent addresses.
All firewalls disabled. No AP isolation.

Tried running a Windows 7 VM on my wired PC directly connected to the router so that it has its own IP in the LAN and it could ping everyone else on the network.
Tried the ping option in the router and it could ping everyone as well.
I remember being able to connect from my wired PC to my phone a few months ago but I don't know if it was before or after I changed the router.

Any ideas?

Probably messed it up somehow. There was an option for noveau open source drivers and I picked that maybe
It was supposed to be a pure work/CUDA laptop so I didn't bother since everything worked but now I'm thinking since I paid for a laptop with a GPU I should use it

Alright, /sqt/. What VPN should I get?

I have an HDD connected to my laptop through a SATA to USB cable but it won't mount. What do?

One of the ones listed here
privacytools.io/#vpn

I see protonvpn listed there. I thought free vpns were usually advised against?

Why doesn't the pastebin in OP have a link to W10 enterprise edition?

Hm, seems to work:

Glxinfo says I'm using the GPU

direct rendering: Yes
OpenGL renderer string: GeForce MX150/PCIe/SSE2

>sudo prime-select nvidia
Info: the nvidia profile is already set

And glxgears works fine.
GL_OVR_multiview_multisampled_render_to_texture

bls

Touhou a poopy bum

Attached: wank.png (600x675, 521K)

No point. Just use education.