Why are there no pocket sized e-readers? It's bullshit. Also

Why are there no pocket sized e-readers? It's bullshit. Also

>discuss ereaders ITT

Attached: Kobo_Mini_35435568_011-1024x731-1-600x428.jpg (600x428, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ky-t00ubcU0
kickstarter.com/projects/196861017/fist-of-the-north-star-innovative-ebook/description
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All I have to offer to this thread is that my Kindle Voyager works well enough. Honestly should be larger, but the prices on the super large ones don't make sense.

Foldable e-reader when

Is e ink displays even foldable?

my kindle basic fits in my pocket

After some research I ended buying a cheap PRS-350. It was the smallest one I could find.

Are you looking for something like this?

Attached: Yota_Phone_3.jpg (800x599, 82K)

I use a flip phone.

>2019
>Using a flip
why

Because I don't use social media and I only pay $3 a month for my phone plan. You're on Jow Forums retardo

>no e-reader that has been certified by the fsf to respect your freedom
I would pay good money for one.

Attached: cute.jpg (265x265, 20K)

Why do e-readers all have huge bezels?

My second gen e ink kindle just broke a week ago and I'm in the market for a new e reader. E ink is a must for me and the less intrusive the software the better. I pirate all my books and dont need wifi capability or and internet browser or any of that jazz.

Any reccs?

because books have bezels

What do you think bezels are?

Margins duh

What's the best, cheap e-reader?
I just want something decent for a cheap price to pirate books and get back into reading.

I'd imagine it's because reading really small text is bad for your eyes

Buy two and glue a hinge on, upload the same book on both.

If you're looking for cheap your only options are refurbished kindles and kobos. You cant find new ebook readers cheap because they're such niche tech.

A phone can be used for more than just social media you asshat, it's a fucking pocket computer, if you can't see the advantages of something like that you're the retarded one.

Lmao who wastes their time reading books

Where can I find them refurbished?
Do either of them directly sell them refurbished?

Kobo bought one out the the same time they released the glo. It was ok but no backlight.

>pocket sized e-readers
They're called smartphones

What plan are you using for 3$ a month? Fellow flip phone user here

Ebay and Aliexpress have a lot of them. Just go search there.

Just pick any Kobo, turn off Wifi and install koreader. It's as private as it can get

Attached: IMG_20190306_0653061.jpg (2704x4056, 2.27M)

My smartphone plan costs $3 a month.

Older Pocketbook Touch Lux has completely free software apart from a proprietary PDF reader you can uninstall (there also is a free PDF reader).

They have one, and you can read any ebook on it as long as that ebook is Fist of the North Star

Attached: AS20180321001959_comm.jpg (660x438, 66K)

>on Jow Forums
>doesn't understand the benefits of a pocket computer
I don't even use social media. Still use my phone for a fuck load of things though

>koreader
People keep bringing this up but I don't get it - any PDF or epub loads up fine on my kobo as it is. What is it for?
Inb4 lmgtfy

Kobo's software is dodgy as shit.
For a long period I couldn't put anything on my internal storage on my glo. If I plugged it into my computer I couldn't access the internal storage at all. It was months and multiple updates before they fixed it.

Better control about every setting that you know from the stock reader and more settings/features like Wikipedia lookup also folder based navigation

I need an e-reader with a good battery I plan on spending summer going out camping and I don't feel like lugging a solar panel.

>need an e-reader with a good battery
Literally. EVERY e-reader has 'good' battery life, they only ever consume power when the screen refreshes or backlight is used

youtube.com/watch?v=ky-t00ubcU0

Really? Because I had one forever ago and the battery would only last a couple of days. I need something that lasts a week or two.

I don't know what the fuck you used, but probably not e-ink display.
I haven't charged my kobo in 2 months

That looks pretty interesting tho
kickstarter.com/projects/196861017/fist-of-the-north-star-innovative-ebook/description

COLOR ereader when?

I bought my kindle back in 2012 and I still only need to charge it about once every 3/4 weeks, or more if I'm not reading.

fuck pocket sized wheres my 24 inch eink monitor or 80 inch e ink tv

Is there any smooth scrolling e-reader?

Attached: korbo.jpg (897x647, 224K)

>80 inch e ink tv
How stupid are you?

Stupid enough to have dreams.

thanks korbo

Kindle Keyboard (3rd generation) fits in my pocket and works great in current year.

I used to have a Kobo Mini. It fit perfectly fine in a coat pocket, or inside pocket of a suit jacket. It would fit in my back pants pocket too, but that's just asking to have it stolen or snapped in half.

Attached: edc.png (1920x1080, 2.33M)

color e-ink monitor when
that would be epic for coding and other shit where you just type or read for a long time

I have an old paperwhite 2 (4GB) and honestly can't think of a single issue, outside of battery getting shit.
It performs its function well

>that would be epic for coding and other shit where you just type or read for a long time
No. Because it would need to update for every letter you type.

>pdf loads up fine
well. All your pdf possibly are small and simple. Get some over 100meg pdfs with graphics and stuff.

My god. inb4 borderless ebook readers. Ebook readers with notch. Ebook readers with that samsung edge bullshit...
no. Just no. You need place to hold your reader comfortably. Stop with borderless meme.

>for coding
Well I see you are not employed in coding job.

Neat, I'd buy one if it got cracked and could read other books.
Why would it have a notch if it has no camera?
Besides, bezels being actually comfortable to hold is bullshit.
A mug-like handle would be way better.

Here's a better solution. Just don't have a fucking touch screen and then you won't need huge annoying bezels. If the was a ever a device that didn't need a touch screen it would be e-readers.