Email Services

What does Jow Forums use in terms of email? Whats your opinion on using Protonmail, Gmail, Outlook, Thunderbird, or even private servers?

Attached: protonmail.jpg (474x355, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keybase.pub/mirimir/NordVPN, ProtonVPN, ProtonMail, Owned by Tesonet CEO Darius Bereika - VPNscam.com.html
restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/
emailquestions.com/threads/tutanota-email-delivers-to-the-spam-folder-at-gmail.10972/
reddit.com/r/ProtonVPN/comments/8ww4h2/protonvpn_and_tesonet/
disroot.org/en/privacy_policy
scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2006&context=btlj
reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/3pm21z/switzerland_to_make_surveillance_of_citizens_easy/
vfemail.net/incident.php
bluewin.ch/de/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ive been using protonmail for about 1.5 years now, give or take. serves my needs perfectly, i dont mind paying a few bucks for an email service that isnt being skimmed to build an advertising profile for jewgle. i havent tried to get it to work with a 3rd party email client, i just use the web/phone interface

for my own personal use, its fine. its email and it works. i dont use it for enterprise type stuff, so cant comment there.

ProtonMail looks fine, same as Tutanota and other private alternatives.

Escape from botnet GMail, Outlook and Yahoo if you still can.

How does proton work with thunderbird? I searched for some leddit threads and people seemed to have issues with the bridge thing but I'd rather have a desktop application instead of using it through browser.

I'm forced into Outlook, I tried switching to Protonmail but Microsoft are faggots and filter everything that comes from Protonmail, so people who use Microshaft botnet mail will never get my emails, forcing me to switch back to Outlook

this. having a plus account since 2016, never looked back. i also used it for the first time email address of my daughter, i guess it's the best way to keep her out of the botnet a little longer.

I use protonmail and fastmail, for different things, both are great.

There is absolutely no good reason left to use gmail, even if all you care about is functionality.

i have 2 gmail accounts, one i don't use but i have to keep because it's tied to many accounts
the other has my name on it and i get newsletters and whatever on it, i send via it as well
also have a protonmail account without my name on it which i don't use. Keeping the gmail for accounts and gradually transferring personal stuff to the protonmail account.
I know Jewgle hates me but i created the accounts before i became redpilled

when I was a kid i had an optusnet email address i used with outlook. i started forwarding it to gmail a few years ago and uninstalled outlook and then stopped the forwarding a few months ago because I switched all my accounts off it and so was only getting spam.

When it existed, I used SIGAINT, now I use Tutanota and Mail2Tor.

I use apple mail with gpg.

I have a Protonmail and Posteo.de account. I tried mailbox.org last month and it was very frustrating to use (shit website, retarded 2FA). I'm very happy with Posteo.de but a little mixed on Protonmail

Serious, pragmatic answer:
>get your own domain with registrar who provides privacy (e.g. namecheap, nearlyfreespeech.net)
>pay for plain email service from host (e.g. namecheap, mxroute)
>ordinary email client (e.g. thunderbird, k-9 mail)
>don't have unrealistic privacy expectations from email
>use gpg if needed

Attached: 1549796491788.png (480x446, 314K)

Criptext

cock.li
Ask again and I'll break your thumbs

what is the thermal conductivity of a kitten?

Are you sure? I can send emails to Outlook users and it doesn't end in spam folder.

What's the point of privacy if Intel's Inside you?

email services are for brokeass hobbyists. Real men have registered their own domain and rent a webserver with a smart mailhost.
Prohohohoton mail hahahaha gehehehehehehemail hahahahahaha
fahahahahahahastmail wuhahahahaha

I run my own mail servers. The one storing my actual mail is on my internal home network and my shitty ISP blocks port 25, so I have another mail server I'm using only as a relay for mail that gets relayed on different ports. On my computers I use Thunderbird and on Android I'm using K-9.

>paying for an email service
>not using it for enterprise and business stuff
>a JS based web based services can't sell your data
Shigdig

Yeah, but you almost exclusively email people on the google/microsoft-botnet right? So despite the fact that they can't scan your inbox to feed their jewgle machine, they CAN scan your recipients inbox, and that inbox has a copy of your email and theirs. You're on the botnet, it's just via a ghost-account now.

does this look like a post of a mentally stable person to you?

we have this thread every single day

no doubt, its far from a perfect solution but nonetheless if a great many people ditched their gmail accounts it would put a hurting on google

>protonmail
LOL good job giving away all your data. Jow Forums is actually this dumb

>NordVPN, ProtonVPN, ProtonMail, Owned by Tesonet CEO Darius Bereika
>But today, I am going to show you proof that Darius Bereika, the very CEO of Tesonet, is also now the CEO of NordVPN, one of the biggest VPNS on the market. Not only that, but the CEO of Tesonet is also in control of ProtonVPN and Proton Mail.
>Do you want your VPN to be handled by a data mining company? Chances are not. This is why NordVPN has been so reactionary to threaten any blogs covering the issue. The more the story gets out, the more money and customers they lose. They want to save face. They NEED to save face. The funny part is that every other website out there that covered the controversial news about NordVPN, ProtonVPN, Protonmail, and the links between them are now gone. Censorship? You bet.

keybase.pub/mirimir/NordVPN, ProtonVPN, ProtonMail, Owned by Tesonet CEO Darius Bereika - VPNscam.com.html

Attached: 1430759768508.png (375x375, 138K)

protonmail deletes your account if your inbox gets spam-botted

i've been using mailfence lately, never see it mentioned much so not sure what to think, but haven't really heard anything bad about it.

I use my own domain with fastmail.

Mostly because I like the fastmail phone app. And it works with multiple domains without problems.

unironically yahoo mail

I tried Tutanota and was greeted by a 48 hour lockout, then when I tried emailing my Gmail account just for testing it went straight to the spam folder. I've heard that some website services don't even let you sign up with a Tutanota address because of the insane amount of spammers.
I'm just gonna stick to Gmail. The non-JS webmail is very neat looking. Fuck email clients, it's not 1995. You don't have to worry about Gmail pulling a pic related. For all of its faults, it is reliable and you don't look like a retard while having to spell out "protonmail" or "tutanota" to people IRL.
The reason I don't de-Google is due to trust issues, mainly regarding longevity with all these alternative services.

Protonmail also uses some Israeli anti-DDoS service or some shit. They could have chosen any fucking company to do business with, and they chose a bunch of fucking kikes? Well fuck them.

>GMX
More or less the same business model as Gmail, scans your email for keywords for targeted advertising.

The one alt-service that got me genuinely interested was Netcourrier, was able to register firstname(4letters)@mailo.com which was nice. But again, they could choose to call it quits at any moment.

Attached: openlolbox.png (646x553, 69K)

That unironically isn't secure user. As in, it gets hacked constantly and even the employees refuse to use it insecure.

>Netcourrier
>Hosted in France
It's illegal to be anti-Zionist in France now.

Thanks! Didn't know about that drama.
Some additional info here - restoreprivacy.com/lawsuit-names-nordvpn-tesonet/

Still I'm using it as FUCK GMAIL and GOOGLE.

I'm also using Tutanota.

>I tried Tutanota and was greeted by a 48 hour lockout
When? I'm using it daily and didn't saw any lockout.

It's probably a one-off thing, I'm guessing they had an influx of spammers signing up so they put a 48 hour lock on newly registered users. Sending works fine now but I don't wanna risk my mail going into my recipient's spam folder.

Never heard that mails Tutanota or ProtonMail could land in spam. Maybe some fishy email provider is blocking anyone except GMail or maybe Google is doing it in GMail to defame privacy competitors?

Could very well be Google trying to block out competition, sending to my @mailo.com works fine.
I think since Tuta don't require a phone number or anything for signing up, it makes them a prime target for spammers. Pic related is from a forum thread made in 2015. It seems like they're actively trying to improve and introduced a 100 msg per day limit for free users.
emailquestions.com/threads/tutanota-email-delivers-to-the-spam-folder-at-gmail.10972/
Maybe some day I'll use them, idk.

Attached: Tutanota Sender Score 33.jpg (605x739, 91K)

Tutanota is the best email provider. Protonmail is 2nd best.

This is literal fud made by a paid shill.

reddit.com/r/ProtonVPN/comments/8ww4h2/protonvpn_and_tesonet/

dude just use disroot lmao

based cockmail only

Attached: Screenshot_20190306_123750.png (807x369, 50K)

>disroot.org/en/privacy_policy
> 6. email - All emails, unless encrypted by user (with gpg for example) are stored on our servers in plain-text.
top jej my dude

Attached: 1551384368936.png (1834x895, 1015K)

I still use gmx, it might suck as much as google, but everytime I looked for alternatives I only found absolute crap on the market. It's still a mystery to me why it seems so fucking hard to find a truly trustworthy mail provider. It's easy enough to set up an email hosting company. So why does nobody want my money?

Switzerland has absolutely no strong privacy laws. It's quite the opposite, I wouldn't trust any swiss based service.

this thread is living proof that you're all too autistic to find a "trustworthy" email provider

just use gmail...........

I've 90% moved to Protonmail, but some some accounts are hard tied to Gmail, so I can't delete my Google account.
I like Protonmail, but the app doesn't sync well with the browser version.

scholarship.law.berkeley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2006&context=btlj

ITT: manchildren whose email chains consist of their mum alternately sending them icanhaz links and telling them to move their shit out of her new spare room and work payslips talk about which is the most "private" provider to hide all their 1337 h4xx0ring activities

>t. serve on multiple committees, boards and nfp orgas - hundreds of emails a day, several gmail accounts.

Used to use softhome but they gipped me on a bulk email and are shit.

If you're worried about privacy just fucken get gpg and a client that can utilise it.

Attached: tumblr_o9w1cg3Gfp1us4a0to5_1280.jpg (600x1067, 87K)

reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/3pm21z/switzerland_to_make_surveillance_of_citizens_easy/

funny how even protonmail responded and tried to marginalize it. It's a horrible law, it might be not as bad as the US one, but it's certainly still pretty bad. Not sure which countries have it better though. Maybe Trinidad and Tobago?

Kek.
>Cock.li is your go-to solution for professional E-mail

>Switzerland has absolutely no strong privacy laws. It's quite the opposite
Finally, a reasonable post. Proportionally, Swiss telcos had more law enforcement requests than communist mainland China. And this does not even include the informal ones!

t. Eidgenoss (Beni Weder)

Attached: Beni-Weder.jpg (1600x1200, 87K)

VFEmail.net
>Since 2001, VFEmail has provided businesses and end-users a quick and convenient way to ensure their own security when it comes to email.

Attached: logo.jpg (400x150, 9K)

Cotse.Net

I like protonmail but is there any actual proof that they don't see your personal data all the same?

It's a Swiss government honeypot. Then again, just use it. Whatever floats your boat.

>Fact is: Protonmai is compromised.

Ahhh...
vfemail.net/incident.php

Attached: wcnbs.jpg (1277x720, 114K)

you could've skipped posting the whole thing, you added nothing of worth to the discussion and didn't even try to answer my question

This.

Attached: sdatromb.jpg (800x450, 39K)

They have almost fully recovered. Service is up & running again.

>selling point is privacy
>haxx0r accesses backups (YOUR EMAILS) and then destroys data to cover tracks
>Nothing to see here, move along, everything's fine!

Not that user but personally I rock my tfwno.gf account in professional settings.

I got that from cock.li. Funny tagline. Cotse.Net seems to be solid. Laposte.net also is quite good. They got DSN.

[email protected] here

What's a good non-botnet, non-autistic email service that's also cheap?

Client:
Thunderbird
E-mail services:
Runbox with 2 domains connected, one goes to the Gmail account because I like the multiple aliases feature that gmail doesn't have.
2 Gmail accounts, one for personal stuff and one for work
1 Hotmail legacy because muh 20yrs old account.

Protonmail is as good as any other provider, all you need is your mail to be available, anything else is eye candy. Encryption, server under Antarctica, it's just the same postcard going through the same old protocol with sprinkles on top.

I'd like to install a e-mail client. Is Thunderbird good enough? Which domains work with it?

Whatever happened to Hushmail?

G Suite is like $5 a month

Check the js they send you for encryption?

>all these thuderbird fags

didn't they stop all support for this dead client?

>Which domains work with it?
As long as the service offers IMAP support, then it should work. Needs to be enabled in options usually.

Literal proprietary botnet

Might host my own desu, anyone with experience have anything to say about it?

Yandex and own domain. Client: Outlook but I know it's shit, it ties in with the other things I need to use in my life.

Use the last portable version that also works on XP. T/bird is o.k.

Seems the Bat! s/times gets problems sending e-mails.

Bluewin from Swaziland.

Attached: screen-0.jpg (451x800, 40K)

Attached: .png (899x547, 62K)

Is that sufficient?
>bluewin.ch/de/index.html

t. Beni Weder ("Hacking Team")

Attached: topelement.jpg (640x427, 310K)

autism bump

Forced to use Gmail for my uni email, which I use for a lot of shit because of sweet sweet student plans

people don't actually pay money for an email provider, right?

Attached: 1442035299791.jpg (250x250, 24K)

Anyone else claw-mail masterrace here?

>being unable to afford secure and private email

I mainly Use outlook, it give opportunity to use multiple aliases, Ublock takes care of the rest

Protonmail is mossad, Tutanota is based and redpilled

>not using anything than cock.li
protonmail is only acceptable as an email with an onion address

RiseUp.net

I've been really happy with RiseUp

Protonmail for private stuff and gmail for when I need to give normies an email address and don't want them to think that I'm weird.

@pm.me doesn't sound too weird

True oldfags send mails by using ssmtp or sendmail command.

Normie oldfags send mail by using Alpine

Can you use that without paying?

I have my own domain, and host a linux box on digital ocean where I have my mail set up as I use it as a general workspace for my things, I recently switched smtp to mailgun. I'm not sure how secure mailgun is but it works better than setting up your own smtp for some outrageously spam defiant services like outlook didn't receive my mail no matter what, it's just that bad at trying to avoid spam, but I have to be able to send mail there for a few clients.

I use my own Exchange 2019 server with Symantec mail gateway infront.

Yes, it's free in every account now

Just not enabled by default

I noticed that the day after I was trying to give someone my @protonmail.com address over the phone. They didn't understand what the fuck was going on kek

>namefag
>oldfag
>reddit/forum spacing
Sure thing kiddo

Ok, you can receive emails for free with it, but need to pay to send them. That might be strange if somebody sends you an email and he gets the answer from another address, but at least you don't look like as much of a sperg when you give it out to people the first time.

I run iredmail an a ovh vps, fully drive encryption, gpg and torbirdy. Fuck the big email monopolies.