Do you still have time to play video games and enjoy your hobbies as a programmer

do you still have time to play video games and enjoy your hobbies as a programmer...

Im looking into coding and all, currently work at a grocery store but I have 3 days off so I have a good amount of time to still enjoy myself

just looking for a more comfortable environment where people leave me alone..and I get paid more

Attached: 1460623005667.png (1127x685, 37K)

people from /v/ aren't as likely to know what it's like to be programmers

I don't care. Jow Forums isn't for video games.

this post isnt about video games, its about life as a programmer

Then don't mention video games.

I think you're retarded

your idea that this post is ABOUT video games because I mentioned them briefly, means you might as well make a case about this post being ABOUT working at a grocery store, since it was also mentioned, and more often

>do you still have time to play video games and enjoy your hobbies as a programmer.
So you're saying this isn't about video games? If you want to bitch about your life go to Jow Forums. For video games go to /v/. This thread is off topic. I hope you get banned.

I'm working in game development and I've completely stopped enjoying playing them myself. Now I mostly enjoy reading folklore, learning about lisp, and walking my dog with my girlfriend

Jesus man, relax. The guy is curious about programming

We have a general for that.

any decent paying job will take up about half your day, whatever you do with the other half is up to you.
however, burnout is very common so you might start avoiding computers

You need to go back

Shut up, /v/.

Most reddit tier post I've read in a while. I hope you kill yourself

Attached: download (4).png (600x600, 321K)

Go back to /v/.

Yep. I play vidya games fairly rarely, but once in a while it's nice to play some KSP or Half-Life 1/2/EP1/EP2

Retard

Stop arguing, guys. You're all massive faggots to me.

Attached: dumb_fuck_juice.jpg (563x651, 226K)

cringe and bluepilled

Kys

/v/tards.

>muh Jow Forums board rules
Spotted the jannie subhuman

>I'm working in game development and I've completely stopped enjoying playing them myself. Now I mostly enjoy reading folklore, learning about lisp, and walking my dog with my girlfriend
Same. You loose immersion, unable to not focus on technical details

holy shit you're like the these tryhard autists on old forums who report and lecture you for bumping an old thread or some petty shit. Literally kys yourself.

I work IT, day on day off through the week. It’s not hard work, but being around technology all day and coming home to more isn’t ideal. I typically talk about games with my co worker too, so by the time I’m home any real desire I had has been expressed. It could just be the fact I don’t enjoy games massively anymore like I did not long ago, but take mine as a single case user. If you’re concerned you still enjoy.

Jesus, you are edgy. Chill, elitist faggot.

yikes

It's just my anecdotal experience, but I was a shit tier code monkey until I formatted Windows, installed Arch, and quit every form of gaming (including mobile and console games) for a whole year.

The point is, you will have it hard and will have to invest serious amount of time and effort until the work gets relatively easy.

I have time to play games, watch vidya, read, watch anime, and work on my car.

Learn to manage your time my dude.

Attached: 1551793142103.jpg (1440x2048, 306K)

You'll probably have enough free time but you won't feel like playing video games anymore. After 4-6 hours of work you really won't want to use your PC in general, since you're associating it with work. Consoles are alright though, I've had no problem enjoying them. (assuming you can play them in bed and not at your desk)

Get into IT instead, preferably field work

I do have time for video games but I don't play them anymore because imo they all suck nowadays. Maybe it's for the better anyway.

Manage your time and you can do whatever after work. I work 40 hr weeks and have plenty of spare time. I go to gym 4-5x a week and play 1-2 hrs of Vidya if I want to, catch up on shows, watch YouTube, fuck around and go to bed in time to get 7-8 hrs of sleep.

BTFO

Attached: 1551680538988.jpg (690x720, 77K)

You sound like a /b/tard.

such hostility
you wouldn't happen to be a programmer by any chance?

Attached: Doge_f02b0d_4823815.jpg (720x450, 46K)

>do you still have time to play video games and enjoy your hobbies as a programmer...
Not if you're a good one

>video games

Go to /v/.

I enjoy competitive games once in a while. A good programmer generally spend some free time working on personal projects for fun. If you take no joy from programming you'll hate it.

>joy
You know what rhymes with joy? ONIONS

I program videogames.

Life will treat you like a bitch if you let it.

Are you a bitch, user?

[spoilzzz]a bitch like that mad user, above[/spoilzzz]

>You know what rhymes with joy? ONIONS

Attached: 1522593701926.jpg (179x170, 10K)

play only relevant games, as in - Jow Forums-games: Pc building simulator or deus ex