/spg/ - Smartphone General

Galaxy S10e: Smol and Cute Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: Galaxy-S10e-Hands-On.jpg (1200x998, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Jtdma7qbey0
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nPriceMin=150&nPriceMax=300&nRamMin=3000&nIntMemMin=16000&nDisplayResMin=2073600&nCamPrimMin=12&nBatCapacityMin=3400&idCardslot=2
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nPriceMin=150&nPriceMax=300&nRamMin=3000&nIntMemMin=128000&nDisplayResMin=2073600&nCamPrimMin=12&nBatCapacityMin=3400
event.mi.com/es/redmi-note-7/new-launch
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/bootloader
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have my new-in-box S10 in my bag but I also have night school and then work tomorrow so I can't play with it until tomorrow night should I just jump off a building to end my suffering?

>Cute
Nah

rn7 or rn7p? is the extra cost worth the difference in the camera resolution? In the first place, is there a big difference between 1k and 2k resolution images.

Wait for pro
Samsung sensors are garbage and regular note 7 has it

Camera isn't the only upgrade, Pro also has SD675 which is a lot faster than the SD660 in the regular Note 7.

Be careful, let me hold that bag for you first

I know but I'm interested in the camera aspect only. Any solid answers for camera res.?

Was planning to buy an s10+ but now I'm being offered a used s9 for free. Now I'm not sure what to do and no I can't sell or trade-in the s9 for the s10+.
So, whatcha think?
>free s9
>buy s10+
?

Use s9 for a year or so, then buy s10 for a decreased price

>Any solid answers for camera res.?
youtu.be/Jtdma7qbey0

Huawei mate 20 lite or Honor 8x? Are there phones with similar or better specs around that price? I mostly looking for a phone with non hybrid dual sim. Unless it has 128gb of internal storage (which is unlikely at that price).
I read about the Pocophone f1 but can't find the 128gb version at a good price near my area.

Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 / M2 have non-hybrid dual SIM.

dedicated:
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nPriceMin=150&nPriceMax=300&nRamMin=3000&nIntMemMin=16000&nDisplayResMin=2073600&nCamPrimMin=12&nBatCapacityMin=3400&idCardslot=2

128gb:
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2017&nPriceMin=150&nPriceMax=300&nRamMin=3000&nIntMemMin=128000&nDisplayResMin=2073600&nCamPrimMin=12&nBatCapacityMin=3400

Max m2 good dad phone
4000mah, 4gb ram
Low ppi and bad cameras don't matter because he's too old to tell the difference

>Galaxy S10e:
>Smol
Not really
>and Cute
Definitely not

I second this:

Thanks

I will be getting news phone in may. Budget 600$. What should i get?

Oneplus 7

get rid of the front camera entirely and it's a fucking beautiful phone.

this if you want a stock-like ROM and a big battery.
get a Xiaomeme (Mi9 or Mix 3) if you want a more affordable alternative and don't mind a small battery, lack of SD card slot and headphone jack, and heavy skin.

What about Samsung S10? Im kinda Samsung fan but mi9/mix3 and oneplus they both looks good.

Isn't the s10 out of your budget?

is this the future of computers?

Attached: N3O10RY.jpg (1960x4032, 620K)

for most people, yeah just give it ten years
wouldn't surprise me if samsung and the like start adding a monitor, keyboard and mouse to their pre orders to encourage people to use dex with the samsung s20

Should I get the mi a2 lite or the redmi note 5? They are the same price where I live but as a manlet I feel like the size on the note would be awkward to handle, but at the same time the cameras on the á2 look noticeable worst, can't really decide

Yup, even s10e is out of your budget.

how small are hands exactly? I would get the note 5 bc of better chipset and camera.

Mate because quick charge.

get the Note 5, faster processor, better cameras, no notch. Just get a pop socket or one of those ring holders if you think the size might be an issue

around 20cm across with the fingers extended
sounds like a solid idea, thanks

wwait for redmi note 7? they all are nearly at the same price point

waiting on SHIFTmu

When the fuck are they going to release the Pocophone F2? Feels too late to buy an F1 now.

How much will S10e be?

it must be still some months away, there hasn't been a single leak about it.

$749 / 749€

I just bought a OnePlus 5T cause it was at an amazing price ($350) in mint condition. On my OP3, I used LineageOS and it has a few annoying issues like deleting song playlists when updating.

Anybody know if Oxygen OS is less of a botnet on 5T or if Lineage is any good on it? Or maybe there's an alternative custom OS I can install that's better these days?

Attached: 1534240929735.jpg (320x240, 53K)

Redmi Note 7 is launching in Spain on March 14. 3GB/32GB will sell for 149€ for the first 5000 phones sold, and 179€ after that. 4GB/4GB model will be 199€.
event.mi.com/es/redmi-note-7/new-launch

Avoid that
Its regular note 7
Wait for pro

What phones would you consider cute then?

Does anyone know why the Redmi Note 7 Pro is using outdated MIUI 10 instead of newer MIUI 11?
My biggest concern is that the newer version enables a few less features and ability to flash in some proprietary functionality (GALILEO gps and aptX, possibly even Sony LDAC)

>Does anyone know why the Redmi Note 7 Pro is using outdated MIUI 10 instead of newer MIUI 11?
????

MIUI 10 is the latest version, MIUI 11 hasn't even been announced yet.

In Hong Kong I got the S10 8/128 for 5500HKD which is about 700USD. Why do you guys insist on paying so much for phones?

Prices are adjusted for a regions quality of life and average income

got an HTC 10 a while back per /spg/'s recommendation, and was generally happy with it up until lately the touchscreen is having hardware issues, so i'm looking for a new phone. gsmarena isnt too helpful because i can't narrow by carrier (i'm on sprint for the time being, so CDMA) so i figured i'd ask here again

required:
>works with sprint
>unlockable bootloader
>at least 64gb storage if no sd card
>headphone jack
huge plus for:
>less than $300 full price
>removable battery
>fingerprint reader
>nfc/jewtooth
>scratch-resistant screen

basically something that will match up to my experience with the htc 10, will hopefully last a while, and not break the bank

There are no removable battery phones anymore, every screen nowadays is scratch resistant and Bluetooth and FP reader is mandatory
For that price get Moto G 7/7+ or check bands for pocophone f1

I like that all the S10e reviews recognise it as the better option before the S10 or S10+.
Side fp reader is the better choice and flat screen is more convenient .

Fucking stop calling S10e small.

Attached: BigAssPhone.png (920x708, 400K)

it's small by 2019 standards

And this should not be normalized.

Moto X4, LG V30

The sony phone looks really practical and aesthetic

That's not surprising of them to do though, they said the same thing about the iPhone xr compared to the xs/max

>go to gsmarena phone finder
>the ONLY phone left with 4gb and

Pull that Sony phone out nowadays and women will laugh at you. t someone who owns a Sony tipo.

They released a brand new phone this year with a removable battery

does anyone have any experience with that if the xiaomi note 6 pro bends?

Is the Pocophone f1 really good? I'm may be getting the 128gb global version but hearing how good it is makes me question its legitimacy.

it really is that good

why do you want to bend your phone bro

How easy is it for someone with no previous experience to swap the MIUI with regular Android, if possible at all?

Most people go with LineageOS, its as easy as unlocking the bootloader via Xiamoi themselves which takes 1-72hrs, then follow any Youtube guide. At this point most 5 year olds could do it.

Can't wait for ARM processors to have 1 gig of L2 cache.

not hard at all, there's plenty of guides online to do it. The basic steps are the same on most Android phones:
1. unlock the booloader
2. install a custom recovery (TWRP)
3. flash a custom ROM such as LineageOS
4. optional: flash google apps and/or root

I want this chad cyberpunk phone so bad

Attached: 68059C02-9B1A-4B2F-94A5-2389FBD0C6B8.png (782x511, 204K)

it's already on sale in the US

Does it matter what version of the phone it is?

I was just about to go a oneplus 6t but this is relatively same specs, but headphone jack and microsd slot for literally half price. Shit does seem kinda two good to be true

Alright I bought a Poco F1 128gb for 264€ it better not be a memephone.

need purchasing advice

>switching from iphone
>in US
>want headphone jack
>don't have a preference for size or budget, not sure how to start decision

>don't have a preference for size or budget
Kind of hard to give any suggestions then. What iPhone are you switching from? What's your carrier?

Thanks anons. I'm looking for a new phone now that my Galaxy S5 is on the verge of death.

Torn mostly between the Pocophone and Xiaomi Mi A2/Mi 8 Lite, and even the Huawei Honor Play. Though I heard the Honor Play's camera is not that great, which is a bummer for me because I like taking architecture pictures and I'm too broke to buy an actual camera...

The honor play is less powerful than the pocophone but has more useless shit like NFC

>I like taking architecture pictures and I'm too broke to buy an actual camera.
get the Pocophone then, it has the best camera out of those phones, especially with GCam.

Carrier is AT&T. I am switching from iPhone 6. I don't know what would differentiate each phone in terms of preference.

Does the pocophone have ads right out of the box? And how does one go about unlocking a poco once you get it?

what do you do with your phone? play games? take photos? listen to music? just basic phone stuff?

>Does the pocophone have ads right out of the box?
No ads as long as the region is set to a western country

>And how does one go about unlocking a poco once you get it?
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/bootloader
the wait time is 72hr for Pocophone

This.

Attached: 4d00e169f5654174d4227faa12be25da.jpg (840x560, 41K)

Just ordered a s10 for $1230 CAD on a plan for 4gig/m with 500 min/m nationwide talk and it comes with the free earphones from koodo.
How did I do? Is there better deals in canadaland? With koodo you can pay off phone for 90 days. So I'm stuck on it for 3 months. Public has better data plan but doesn't offer phone deals.

God damn

Yes, and I don't want it to lag. Also, I want to root it to get cracked stuff and more customization. This second point is why I am switching.

>Sony logo on the front
>cute

Attached: 1542062091284.gif (185x200, 1004K)

WHY I CAN'T FIND ANY BOOT UNLOCKABLE PHONE FOR LESS THAN $200?!?!?????????????

AND WHY THE FUCK ALL UNLOCKED PHONES ARE SO FUCKING HUGE??????????????

THE """FREE MARKET""" IS BS

Attached: unlocked-android-640x425.jpg (640x425, 38K)

this, dumbphones are the future

Works on my machine

Moto X4, best buy has it for $150

Thanks?

Can you lineage AND get the new widevine support that just came out?

Wait for Oneplus 7

>2017

yes, I think you can flash a Custom ROM and keep Widevine L1

what did you expect for $200? It has Android Pie and official LineageOS builds, what else do you need?

I was thinking about that phone too.
Does anyone knows the real storage capacity counting what the system uses?

I mean isn't that the price to buy s10 outright
S10e is like 1k already

10e is nowhere near compact

No. The 128gig s10 here straight from Samsungs site is $1259 plus tax. It was the best offer I could find because I don't got a trade in device. Just wanted to know if I missed something better.

ten years? shit is happening now nigga.