Halp! I'm slowly being sucked back to the neet side where I play videogames nonstop...

Halp! I'm slowly being sucked back to the neet side where I play videogames nonstop. I've been using Linux for a good 12 months (mostly to stop myself from this very issue) but the the guilty pleasure is too strong! I DON'T WANT TO INSTALL WINDOWS!!

Attached: 1537588531413.jpg (432x427, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-087-practical-programming-in-c-january-iap-2010/assignments/
gribblelab.org/CBootCamp/7_Memory_Stack_vs_Heap.html#orgheadline9
cprogramming.com/tutorial/bitwise_operators.html
steve.hollasch.net/cgindex/coding/ieeefloat.html
port70.net/~nsz/c/c89/c89-draft.html
beej.us/guide/bgnet/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Get a job faggot

setup gpu passthrough.
also if you are not gaming what the fuck do you do all day? And why don't you just keep doing that?

The particular game is a fast paced fps so running it non natively on Linux would be unideal.
>if you are not gaming what the fuck do you do all day?
Not much apart from autistically ricing my desktop, honestly. Kinda why I'm trickling back now.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component
of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system
is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

i play games while using linux as my primary kernel by running windows in a virtual machine with pci passthrough and a dedicated gaming graphics card (and monitor, i have several monitors on my pc). With a threadripper and 64gb ram + everything on ssd, it is better than running native windows since I can do other stuff on my computer while gaming.

Don't waste your life on games though.
Get a better hobby.
Try sex or something, just to get out of the house maybe

Man that's a lot of work, and CPU power to just get shitty fps.

Ricing your Linux distro all day is just as useless neet shit so do whatever

Imagine being such a mindless subhuman that you think ricing your desktop is somehow better than playing video games just because Jow Forums shamed you for it.
Do what you have to do and enjoy your free time whoever you please.

all I can say is if there were a noticable latency with gpu passthough in a vm I wouldn't do it myself either but I can't notice one. then again I don't play fps

>he thinks being a neet means infinite free time
Hahahaha nope. It means no separation between "work" and play. Your life consists of trying to get an income, feeling guilty that you can't find more to do to try and get an income, chores, and sleep. Free time? Lel, good joke.

What the fuck are you talking about and what does it relate to what you replied to you dumbass? if you have problems tell your mom dont use Jow Forums as your blog.

You're not wrong. Although partly because Jow Forums made me interested in computers more (thus installing Linux), it's mostly so games don't fuck with my life. I was addicted to it at one point; making me not want to do anything but play for hours everyday.

As I say, do whatever you have to do and then use the rest of your time however you please, if you have a job or are studying get that shit done and then spend the rest of the day jacking off or whatever makes you happy.

>he thinks neet means living at home
Wrong again, fucko. Your reading comprehension is pretty low there too.

>Neet
No Education Employment, or Training.

Wow you really are dumb, if you are assuming I'm implying you live with your mom because I told you to tell her about your problems you are wrong, I'm just assuming you don't have any friends because you seem unironically autistic as fuck but you probably have a mother with a phone that will support you and you can use her instead of a Vietnamese goat breeding imageboard as your blog.

Then don't. Have some self control you massive faggot.

not really actually. it was easy to setup and the hardware is primarily for work that I do. It just so happens that it works for games in my downtime.
If I had less money or wasn't a software developer I'd just get a cheap second pc so I could have a linux pc and a windows pc

You're browsing Jow Forums too much.

Buy a console. That's how I did it. I started playing console games, and it eventually turned me off to gaming. The console gaming community is so toxic you'll start being disgusted by all of the children.

been in a similar situation, just pick k&r and solve all exercises, once you get bored of that, study programming networking, then ssl, or create programs to help you search keywords in a text file.
first chapter will rape you though, or you can go with C Book, which explains pointers pretty well, but you should complement that with MIT OCW C exercises. i have nothing on sqlite databases though, some resources if you decide to go to that path:
publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/
ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-087-practical-programming-in-c-january-iap-2010/assignments/
gribblelab.org/CBootCamp/7_Memory_Stack_vs_Heap.html#orgheadline9
cprogramming.com/tutorial/bitwise_operators.html
steve.hollasch.net/cgindex/coding/ieeefloat.html
port70.net/~nsz/c/c89/c89-draft.html
beej.us/guide/bgnet/
you will find this much more entertaining than vidya.

i also switched to a pretty trashy laptop that can't even run ezquake properly (well it does, but it is a lot of work until the profile is properly set, not to mention people exploits fps count to rise their running speed).

Get a native Linux FPS
Team Fortress 2 (free)
The Half-Lifes
Some games actually run at native performance through WINE