Introduction to Algorithms

Introduction to Algorithms

Attached: IntroductionToAlgorithms.jpg (361x499, 25K)

You can learn everything in this book on geeksforgeeks

bretty gud book desu

>buying books
oh no no no no

Terrible book, barely passed my exam at third attempt. Never needed it for anything after.

>minimizing time spent looking at a computer screen is bad

I actually printed out this thing and still haven't even attempted to read it

Attached: IMG_20170904_161935_1.jpg (1920x2560, 654K)

As a non-native English speaker, this book is fucking hard to read and understand.

How much did it cost to print out all those pages?
I always wanted to print my textbooks

free because I used uni's printer :^)

Based Intro to Algos poster

wtf, your uni printer is free no matter how many pages you print? How aren't people there printing whole libraries of books just for themselves? Something free always has infinite demand.

>tfw have to go through this book in next 3 months to pass data structures and algorithms, since it's recommended by professor

Am I supposed to fail 5 other classes for everything else and just study for this one?

fuck me, I don't even know why I'm spending my time on this anime image board when I should be spending every second reading this book

nah, I got a connection in the accounting dept of it so they printed it out for me

Yes unfortunately. I'm using this book for my graduate algorithms course and I like this book a lot, but I spend ten hours a week on the homework. It's a huge mental investment, but this book is very accessible if you're willing to put in the time.

Memes aside, is this a good book to learn algorithms & data structures?

>"CS is meme college ;_;"

The trick is to be some cheap grad/undergrad assistant for some prof/class, so you get a code for all the copy machines on the campus.

It is indeed a good book. Sedgewick is also good, or anything by Papadimitriou.

my uni gives you like 200 pages free each semester

i still havent read this thing and been meaning to. have pdf sitting in my books folder now.

>this trivial shit
>hard
LMAO sci was right, you guys are a bunch of brainlets who think baby shit like discrete math class is hard.

Oh I see, you must be the 1% in college with 140 IQ+ that knew what he is going to study in college since you were 14 and already prepared for it.

You do realize 95% of people go into CS to get degree and comfy job, not because they really like learning it, right? Only a handful of people that have probably zero life experience and perfect lifes with no struggle due to family end up liking this stuff, because it's the only thing they feel superior at. Or the introvert autist that picked up programing in elementary school, since he got buillied and found something else where he can feel powerful and has control of.

so fuck off with your, "brainlets". It's a 1000 page book with abstract stuff, while you have to do 5 other intense courses on the side that also take a lot of brain power and will to go through. Now imagine some people also working 8 hours 5-6 times per day to get by in college and pay their rent and food, etc.. and also learn all of this shit on the side.

fuck off you fucking retarded kid, it makes me mad that someone can be so delusional and closed from the world, that he thinks something 95% of people can't do anyway and never will is somehow for "brainlets". just fuck off you fucking brainlet

Attached: 1548200798988.gif (728x408, 2.29M)

not to mention you have 4 months for it to prepare for, with 5 other courses on the side that are also tough on you at the end of the day

you sound mad

>discrete math class
but counting really is hard.

I won't be mad in next 5 minutes, but you'll still be a retarded brainlet with no life experience and a closet faggot, so go suck a dick and keep boosting your ego on anime weabo board

Attached: 33387584_2060690814171405_6451076930547482624_n.png (556x418, 285K)

WHO HERE /CAL/

>Introduction to Algorithms
>The C Programming Language
>Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
The holy trinity of bought-but-not-read CS books

fuck of back to reddt, faggot

call me reddit one more time and I'll break your kness motherfucker

t. reddidiot

your dead brainlet, step outside to the real world you fucking retard, have you even worked a day in your life lol.

anyone that has gone through this has at least enough humility to keep their mouth shut instead of larping

When I studied CS we had to read a lot in CLRS in order to have a chance of passing.

passionfags btfo

there's nothing wrong with being passionate, but it's the faggots that are so closed and unexperienced they aren't even aware of their surrounding and what kind of people most of the classmates are and have to go through, since the "elitists" are too retarded to socialize most of the time

lmao triggered code monkey

Don't forget the war over TAOCP vs CLRS

Honestly? Based.

I have it too

Attached: books.png (539x720, 736K)

do you still use Flask for webdev? Single page apps, or something more serious?

and Concrete Mathematics

>pays for tuitition
>it’s free :)
absolute state of unidiots

I use it for small projects, which is where it truly shines, but it can be a pain in ass working with larger projects. Yeah it's totally fine for single page apps. I've found tokenized auth to be really annoying in Flask. Another drawback is the inability to efficiently restructure your project past a certain point of complexity due to circular imports and dependency clashes. If you find yourself wanting to restructure your project in Flask you probably should've picked Django. One of the huge benefits of Flask is that it's easy to use for the most part and it's probably the leanest framework out there. Your project will not include anything that it doesn't absolutely require. This cannot be said for larger frameworks like Django which are too bloated to be used properly for small projects.

Oh, I should probably mention that the Flask book is good but you can probably find it online. Also it's not 100% necessary as Grinberg wrote the "mega tutorial" which is free. Just google Miguel Grinberg Flask Megatutorial to find it.

For what it's worth I recommend learning Django also if you haven't. Have a good idea of how both frameworks work is beneficial - you'll be able to tuse the right tool for the job.

A good Django book is "REST APIs with Django" by WIlliam Vincent.

Hope this helps

Based