What is THE Jow Forums approved browser?

>inb4 read the sticky
I can't use firefox anymore, cannot stand mozilla. What do you fags use

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (1188x790, 249K)

IceCat

I use Firefox, Mozilla's politics don't really affect the browser that much. But I guess ungoogled-chromium is also pretty good.

EDGE.EXE

w3m and lynx.

>cannot stand mozilla
are you a Jow Forumsfaggot? There is nothing wrong with firefox.

stay on topic or go dilate

Opera.

There is none. It's even worse than with operating systems. Every browser is loved and hated at the same time.

(You) brought the politics into this. Either explain how Mozilla's politics directly affect the Firefox browser, or shut the fuck up and delete your gay, shitty thread.

qutebrowser

Not OP, but I've used Firefox on a Windows 7, and then 8.1, machine for years and it could never go for more than about 1 year without getting buggy and/or unusable, and needing a totally fresh install. For example, the latest issues were:
>youtube videos always starting at FULL VOLUME, despite the volume setting saving across videos with any other browser or even a fresh FF install on another computer
>outlook webmail not even opening (I use this for work)
>certain pages being prone to going nonresponsive if the browser's memory usage was too high, although it didn't happen all the time
>the browser gradually eating up more and more memory the longer it was left on, eventually creeping up into the multiple GBs (constant problem since forever, despite turning every extension off)
On the same computer, I could load all those nonresponsive, buggy pages just fine. The latest time, I tried uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it multiple times, but to no avail. It had stored its fucked up settings somewhere on the computer that the uninstall didn't touch. Meanwhile, I did a fresh FF install on a new laptop and had no problems.

Last weekend, I assembled a new Windows 10 machine and installed Brave. Things were going well, but earlier this morning, I had my first browser crash, and I had to restart the entire system to get the browser to restart. I'm going to try another browser, so will be watching this thread for suggestions.

The problem with these threads on Jow Forums is that recommendations rarely seem to come to a consensus. One person will recommend some obscure fork browser that won't be supported in 2 years. Another person will recommend some other obscure fork. And so forth.

>Mozilla's politics
>muh Jow Forumsfaggot
>(You) brought the politics
The OP didn't mention politics. If there's any relevance of Mozilla's politics, however, it's that they aren't spending 100% of their resources on developing their browser, which IS significant.

Attached: 1329049274999.jpg (900x675, 430K)

I'm using vivaldi and it's fucking based.

>worksonmymachine.bat

you are the problem senpai

use internet explorer or edge faggot

>muh slow
it's slow if your computer is crap

Now that FireFox is multi-threaded, there is no reason not to use it.

Attached: 1542018977923.jpg (1440x1415, 143K)

Attached: Screenshot_20181023_084029.png (1046x385, 68K)

GNU Icecat

>the software is garbage
>blame the user
Sounds about right. Insecure codemonkeys.

I use the Safari® web browser software by Apple® for macOS® and iOS® on all of my Apple® devices. Safari® by Apple® provides the most Insanely Great® web browsing experience of any web browser and is only available on Apple® devices.

Most browsers use the same code right now. It's Firefox vs every other browser and every other browser is following Google. It's Netscape vs IE again but now IE is chrome. And now it's a seriously total complete nightmare to write a new browser engine. So there aren't really choices.

I personally want to build a browser based on Qt because qt can render markup and has a scripting engine. It's possible to build off qt to make a new browser that doesn't rely on Mozilla or Google. But it would still take effort. It's just the best bet. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to sink time into this since I need money so I spend my coding energy working....

Vivaldi.

Brave

>I can't use firefox anymore, cannot stand mozilla.
Cool, now you can move to a fork like everyone else did several years ago.
Waterfox, ESR 52, or, if you're a manchild, Pale Moon.

I use it on my hackintosh -(tm)

I kinda like edge, but is has too many bugs. Can't even scroll a page properly.

If you aren't using any of these:
>GNU IceCat
>Firefox + Librefox
>Ungoogled Chromium
you might as well kill yourself

>the user tries to deflect his own stupidity onto the software
>it doesn't work
sad

chrome uses blink which uses webkit which is based on khtml which started as a kde project
the official way to render markup in qt now is to use the qtwebkit component, you can make a basic web browser pretty easy with that

Internet Explorer 4.0

ungoogled chromium

>chink spyware

The only good browsers (excluding Firefox) are Tor browser and IceCat.

Anything that isn't Tor or Firefox in Tor mode lets Google Cloudflare Twitter and Facebook see your entire browsing history. This not only also applies to ungoogled Chromium and Brave but especially applies for those niche browsers like ungoogled, brave and vivaldi due to fingerprinting and zombie cookies. Especially Brave is highly vulnerable to this due to their fingerprinting """""protection"""" which actually makes you more unique than simply using Chrome.

This is not a joke try it out yourself.

Ungoogled Chromium that you built yourself, or mitigated Pale Moon.

The Jow Forums incel FEARS the simple config setting that lets you use FF extensions in PM.

vivaldi. Just make sure to go in vivaldi://flags and change "Override effective connection type" to 4G
based

>and change "Override effective connection type" to 4G
Explain why the recommendation, please?

It makes the browser a lot snappier. Anons here complain about Vivaldi being slow, but changing that flag fixes the issue

That is the correct answer.

Brave.