What exactly is the problem with Brave again?

What exactly is the problem with Brave again?

Attached: 51IbhWne1lL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/
basicattentiontoken.org/about/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dumbass crypto scheme that whitelists approved advertisers

chrome skin with extra tracking

shills like you post about it

>lacking fingerprint protection
>somewhat dependent on what Google decides to do with Blink
You could also argue that they care too much about compatibility for a privacy focused browser (see the FB tracker whitelisting).

Nothing
It's degoogled chromium but maintained by a competent company.

I believe you're thinking of Iridium

everything

it's just chromium with a different icon.

Literally nothing. It's an order of magnitude more battery-efficient than Chrom(ium) and the most privacy-preserving browsing environment if you also install uBlock Origin & uBlock Origin Extra.

Fingerprint protection doesn't work at all.
1. User agent isn't spoofed. Which means people running different versions of Brave are easy to identify. Auto-updates are not the answer to this issue.
2. Screen size isn't spoofed. People using anything other than the 2 most used screen sizes (1080p and 768p) as well as people using multiple monitors are easy to identify. Firefox fixes this by telling sites that the browser window size = user screen size.
3. Canvas fingerprint isn't spoofed.
4. WebGL isn't disabled. User GPU, driver version and kernel version are revealed to the web. Users should have a way to disable it in the privacy settings of the browser and it should be disabled by default in the Tor profile.

Tor tabs lack any additional or proper anti-fingerprint methods, making them completely USELESS. You can be effortlessly uniquely identified and tracked simply because of the above 4 things not being fixed in the Tor profile.

The Brave adblocker is trash compared to uBlock Origin. It doesn't block ad domains, it just hides ads. It lacks an element picker. It has significantly less ad filters enabled by default and you can't easily add them.

(((PIA))) partnership.
Google is the default search engine.

tldr; false advertising/scamware

Attached: brave.png (1406x1878, 87K)

>It doesn't block ad domains, it just hides ads.
Proof? I'm not denying it but I'd like such a claim to be substantiated.
What does everyone else here think? Is this claim true or bullshit?

Attached: 1549550425092.png (720x480, 283K)

it's a claim so idiotic that it doesn't even warrant a (You). Brave routinely brags about its page load speeds and lower mobile data usage (and it's true). That wouldn't be possible if the browser were just hiding ads after downloading them.

It uses ABP syntax. ABP hides elements, it doesn't block domains. Compared to uBlockOrigin which blocks domains and also hides elements.

Come home
white (hat hacker) men

Attached: ungoogled-chromium.png (256x256, 14K)

>No auto-updater
Dropped faster than a hot potato. Now I'm off to wash my hands from the utter filth.

Neither does ungoogled chromium, dumbass

it does if you add the repo :^)

But I never said that, projection lord.

no extensions

>extensions
botnet

you don't know the meaning of this word, retard

most extensions are botnet
enjoy your botnet

While we're on the topic, can I ask about Opera Android (not desktop) - how does it block ads? Merely hiding, or proper blocking?

Attached: opera logo.jpg (225x225, 7K)

thanks for making a case of Brave being a browser for brain damaged drooling retards

>privacy preserving browser environment
>if a for profit company says something it must be true

Did you bother to read their own faq or issue trackers? They themselves state that Brave cannot and will not ever provide anonymity. If you need that you are (Braves words read their faq) forced to use Tor or Firefox. What brave is is a crypto marketing scheme for the desperate Brendan Eich. Why do you think they need to inject Unique ids into http headers for their crypto partners. Why do you think they whitelidt Facebook Google Twitter trackers which are 99.99% but block all other irrelevant ones

This. If you want to depend on autistic Igor from the Balkans to maintain your browser use ungoogled chromium by all means.

or Brave, with it's millions of dollars, talented team and genius level visionary Brendan Eich at the helm.

Nobody knows because it's not open source.

>listens to this faggot
>breaks 99.99% of websites for users.

Thank god you're just some NEET with 0 influence on the world.

>privacy
>using Facebook, Google or Cloudflare infected sites
pick 1, retard

Brave hurt internet because block ad revenuers, this is a problem that needs to be solved. Since blocking ads has become easy, how do the people who create the new memes, clickbait and Top10 lists of Huffpost, Buzzfeed, 9Gag and Gizmodo get paid? How do news organizations pay reporters to create more "Trump loves Russia" ridiculous stories ?

There are no easy solutions.

IT'S FUCKING CHROME!!!

WTF is wrong with you people? Why can't you simply use some kind of gecko browser, why does it always have to be the fucking worst botnet on the planet?

Well Brave is the only one who is trying to come up with an alternative solution.

shady business overall

because the gecko browser has 9001 CVEs a month

I use Firefox with resistFingerprinting and firstparty isolate enabled (both things that Brave won't ever have as acknowledged by their devs) and on top enable its strict content blocking even blocking more than usual Google, Facebook and Twitter and I don't have a single problem.

what do you even mean by that? Every browser engine has major vulnerabilities all the time and they get usually fixed pretty fast. Just don't go to stupid websites and disable adds and you will be fine. I never heard anybody claiming that blink is safer than gecko. Some might have made that argument for webkit, but I'm not even sure if this is still actively developed. Seems like apple has completed given up on everything to me.

They aren't Brendan is just looking for a way to make the most money possible while bashing out his old employer who fired him. And since Brendan itself.clearly has no ideas he resorted to targeting pseudo tech teens (i.e. Windows users that think downloading warez is 1337)

Your own fault If you don't sandbox your browser. chrome sandbox actually is less secure than without its own sandbox read about user namespaces. Sandboxing an application takes 10 seconds if you ain't a brainlet. If you are on Windows you shouldn't care anyway your entire OS is a CVE.

You would bash your former employer if they fired you for bullshit reasons:

> Be staunchly against DRM in Firefox, something the Mozilla board wanted
> Have a political donation scandal that came and died several years later suddenly re-ignited for no apparent reason
> Forced to resign
> One month later, Firefox gets DRM

It's almost as if there was a reason other than what was stated. Really gets the noggin joggin'.

Hi Brendan!

I just started using the mobile app. It's so fucking fast. I just can't stand living without my Firefox add-ons.

I'd be only butthurt against my former employee if the money wasn't enough. And this was clearly the reason why Brendan went as much apeshit and did all this Brave shut because he is poor now and sees Mozilla enjoying their high point since Tor (i.e. the US government) dependence on Firefox they won't ever run out of money.

Blockchain botnet, I can't trust anyone / anything that includes a pyramid scam as a feature.

>basicattentiontoken.org/
>Trusting a service with literal Illuminati triangles plastered all over it

Attached: bat_triad_diagram.png (1961x1048, 59K)

> I am spooked by basic graphic design

Attached: lel.png (272x412, 136K)

>t. Illuminati

Adware but instead of any software its a team of retarded children

it's an ad-driven browser that panders to advertising agencies with a blockchain-redistribution scheme while pretending to be ethical by hardcoding deprecated web extensions into it's core (https everywhere & adblock plus)

weird way to spell cuck

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-07-08-53-21-921_org.floens.chan~01.png (1080x224, 24K)

>and contains a ledger system that anonymously measures user attention aggregate to accurately reward publishers.
basicattentiontoken.org/about/

>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
basicattentiontoken.org/

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser

How do we stop the fingerprinting jews?

Attached: 1526846720231.jpg (375x406, 24K)

>shilling this hard

Whatever pays the bills, i guess.

We don't. It's too late. The web is fucked.

warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437
botnet

$0.50 has been added to your PayPal accounts.

Literally nothing, Brave is just a better supported, better maintained ungoogled Chromium with some nice features, anti Brave shills are literally the most retarded people on the internet as Brave is the perfect browser and there's no reason to not use it

Because Gecko is shit and you're a fucking faggot

I like Brave, and use it regularly. But if you don't, that's ok.

Also, there are plenty of good extensions through the chrome store. Bitwarden, Ublock Origin, UMatrix, VPNs, User Agent Switcher, Decentraleyes, Privacy Badger, and Cookie Autodelete are all completely fine (and all the extensions one should need).

How can I be payed to shill?

You can't, you're just enough of a faggot retard to do it for free