Bye bye firefox

bye bye firefox

Attached: fag.png (572x428, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872551609819&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872744210957&w=2
trishtech.com/2018/10/how-to-disable-automatic-updates-in-mozilla-firefox-63/
techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/mozillas-mr-robot-promo-backfires-after-it-installs-firefox-extension-without-permission/
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
youtube.com/watch?v=s1bT69Ajtpk
youtube.com/watch?v=OoBk6eN0pxs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: Pale_moon_logo_256.png (256x256, 79K)

furryfox on suicide watch
how can they recover????

this is one of the many reasons why i STILL have version 42 and refuse to update it any further.

the other big reason is that the versions after 42 look like fucking ass.

LMAO TAKE THE CHROMIUM PILL

>user.js

> We should always keep our web browser updated for better security and performance.

this reads like fucking satire

Attached: images.png (220x229, 4K)

>We should
whos 'we'? the furry tranny child molesters in charge of mozilla money and ideologies? they get to decide what everyone should do now? what happened to user choice?
mozilla is dead

52 ESR was the last good version of Firefox.

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x728, 161K)

ESR 60 is the actual last version you should be using

Ganoo slash linux doesn't have this problem.

Come home, white man.

Attached: opera-logo-browser-1.png (3500x1280, 124K)

1.5 was the last good one

You can, although they obscured it quite a bit. You need a custom policies.json.
A different solution would be to compile Firefox without an updater.

This whole thread is gross overreaction. I don't mind it checking for updates as long as it's not auto installing them.

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872551609819&w=2
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872744210957&w=2

Only Chromium can compete

Attached: apu_silica.png (1039x559, 264K)

>This whole thread is gross overreaction
This. Linux never had this problem, and everybody else's opinion is worthless.

it wont update itself without fucking with its dependencies :^)

Attached: cuck.png (200x200, 76K)

Fucking retards just compile from source with ac_add_options --disable-updater

you're already using windows, just give in. there's no point in half-measures

It's already built with updates disabled in most distros, and at this point wangblows users are already conditioned to shit updating on it's own and living it's own life in general.

You think they'll stop there? Just wait til this shit gets normalized all over leenoox as well.

You have to be fucking dumb not to keep your software updated. And what's the problem here? It literally only checks if an update is available, which is what it should do. Keeping your browser up to date is more important than keeping your OS up to date these days.

Also this. On Linux 99% of people get Firefox from their native repos which they probably update anyways.

it's already happened and that's the reason i don't use none of the xdg jewery

> You have to be fucking dumb not to keep your software updated

Attached: bc3.png (636x773, 8K)

Come on. Why not Vivaldi? Furryfox is pushing hard

>70064225
What a worthless post from a wojak poster

ftp.mozilla.org
you're free to use a previous version that doesn't force you update or compile it yourself without updates at all

trishtech.com/2018/10/how-to-disable-automatic-updates-in-mozilla-firefox-63/

Attached: 1529705428511.png (814x1925, 673K)

>uses nightly
>doesn't want to update

lol

You're aware that Firefox not bothering in optimizing their update mechanism by requiring admin privileges and letting it be fully optional for the longest time is one of the reason Chrome to took its market, right?
Firefox used to require you to download a new installer for updates until it implemented an internal updater. And it wasn't until a couple years ago that admin privileges were required for every update as well. The result compared to Chrome's "Install as normal user, and get updates without even noticing it" was an awful user experience, and a massive amount of fragmentation and related issues.

They should have done this a decade ago, and they shouldn't even let you to delay updates unless you're using ESR. But it's too late now, and their market share will be less than 5% in a year or two.

Imagine being a fucking zoomer who have never seen a proper software product written by white men.

Attached: terry.jpg (220x293, 21K)

What extensions do you use to get it to look like that?

Fucking finally! Maybe now all retards who install nightly only for cool points will stop.

>hurr durr i disable updates for something intended to be updated twice a day
>hurr durr i disable telemetry
>hurr durr i report resolved bugs because they exist in my version from 2 years ago

Oh wow some retarded windows bullshit,

> Firefox used to require you to download a new installer for updates until it implemented an internal updater.

That's how things should be.

lmao what is this windows 10? why should more than 3 clicks to disable this shit?

agreed. I miss when it looked like a standard windows (or on linux, standard GTK) application without trying to draw any fancy special looking tabs and shit like that. firefox 2 was where it started to get obnoxious and nasty and it gradually went downhill from there

Attached: firefox01.png (581x450, 44K)

It's already in the release version, you fucking retard.

Lmao how is that a bad thing?

at a certain point they need to choose between what's "right" and what will get them more users.
Checking for downloads manually and then using an installer to install the update makes a lot more sense and gives users the most control over their browser, but it also annoys a lot more people which could serve as a factor in pushing them away from the browser.

In my opinion though, the browser was fine with an option to disable automatic updates/checks, just don't make that default.

Can we stop pretending there is any real reason for Firefox and IE/Edge's demise besides Chrome's insane marketing? Putting aside that the most visited websites on the Internet recommend Chrome, Chrome is also bundled with a lot of software. I have never seen a normie that didn't end up with Chrome as their default browser and they don't even know what a browser is. It's only autists like us that give a fuck and Firefox stopped catering to us years ago.

Attached: 1434164683734.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Not excusing mozilla, just letting you guys know there's still an option, just like there's userchrome.css for the UI and js/xml for newtab.

> 2069
> an option to not have a tracking chip in your anus is not available anymore
> lmao how is that a bad thing
> We should always keep our anuses chipped for better security and performance.

ROFLMAO, you contrarian faggots will complain about absolutely ANYTHING.
If you are so 1337 then why are you not using your own written browser, huh faglord?
What, you can't? Is even the slightest little patch too hard for you? Then fuck off deeper into your proprietary bubble, you absolute waste of oxygen. Get aborted already.

>Not using Pale Moon
I hate to see my fellow Aryan brothers suffer like this. Come home, white man.

Attached: Untitled.png (1918x1050, 184K)

>aryan
>white man
>uses a browser made by a furry that blacklists addons he doesn't like

t. literal furry

> Windows 10

Your browser is something you absolutely should keep up-to-date and I don't trust people enough to update them on your own. Same with forced Windows updates.

I tried to tell you niggers. When Firefox decided to install adware through a universal backdoor, it was over with. In a healthy free software community anyone who brought up this idea would have been mocked and kicked out. Instead this idea got approved by those in charge, implemented by a team of software programmers, approved by quality assurance, and sent out to be executed on people's computers without their consent. All of those people involved should have had principled objections to this task. None of them blew the whistle. Mozilla is no longer a free software community. It's a tranny and furry faggot community that's destroying the legacy of Firefox.

dumb furry

GTK is no more, it hass fallen victim to pajeets

Wait, what?

Attached: bad_cianiggers.jpg (627x733, 117K)

>Comea home a whita man!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

What browser should I use? Please don't suggest some obscure shit where I have to jump through hoops for basic web compatibility.

firefox

>You have to be fucking dumb not to keep your software updated.
It's even dumber to purposely install a Trojan horse disguised as a shitty web browser.

have you never seen wintowds?

firefox esr

Firefox installs and executes software without your consent and that's a good thing!

Attached: npcthink.png (420x420, 14K)

>Vimperator: 3.16.0 (created: 2017/02/01 00:55:15)
>Firefox: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:51.0) Gecko/10100101 Firefox/51.0 Waterfox/51.0

comfy browsing

>let you choose to install
learn to read you fucking retard

Install it through your package manager and this isn't an issue.

Honestly, every upgrade of Firefox seems to break more and more features on my machine.

At this point I can't even use Flash and the Website Inspection features anymore. Why? I don't know, it just doesn't work.

what's with people thinking that a new version of something automatically has better performance than the version before it? it's objectively the opposite

That part is fine, but finding a GOOD thing that you no longer have the choice is the terrible one.

>When Firefox decided to install adware through a universal backdoor,
YOU DID NOT OPT OUT OF TEST PILOT

Let's also not pretend that Chrome wasn't the best browser when it came out and even for years after that. These days it may or may not be the case but chrome gained popularity early on because it was a way better experience in every single area.

Attached: Screenshot_20181023_084029.png (1046x385, 68K)

techcrunch.com/2017/12/15/mozillas-mr-robot-promo-backfires-after-it-installs-firefox-extension-without-permission/

> Let's also not pretend that Chrome wasn't the best browser when it came out and even for years after that

It ran malicious crap like JS and other interactive web garbage faster than the others. That was the only good thing about it.

Come home White (hat hacker) men.

Ungoogled Chromium is the safest.

Attached: ungoogled chromium.png (239x239, 27K)

Learn to have an attention span longer than a goldfish's.

Attached: npcbom.jpg (746x532, 32K)

Hah you didn't opt out of the payload in the Trojan horse.

Attached: msnpc.jpg (960x960, 46K)

lol dude wat are u talking about. i bought metal gear solid 3, then i bought metal gear solid 4 and it was like MILES better with better performance and everything. of cours a new version is BETTER doofus that's why it's newer

>furry browser

>made by a literal furnigger

Attached: terry-a-davis_jesus.png (450x399, 223K)

some good furry drama

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Attached: 3889475.png (400x400, 228K)

oh no what horror, we'll have to add a compiler switch before building
we're screwed and can't do anything about it!

ungoogled chromium doesn't have this problem

Attached: nekTUY3t.png (760x432, 17K)

>ITT: retards running 4 year old versions of firefox riddled with security holes

Attached: dump.png (228x322, 10K)

Based Moonchild
youtube.com/watch?v=s1bT69Ajtpk

(((security holes)))

And this is a good thing!
>browser developer is a degenerate
>corporations don't want anything to do with him

Embrace the yiff ;3c

into to the gas chamber where you belong, furtard

Classic Theme Restorer

/me nuzzles your paws owo

“By no means should my browser that 10 people use for free be ported to a free operating system that 5 people use at no cost to me!!”

I'm on version 56 and I'm never leaving.

>my disk space belongs to mozilla

no that's fucking stupid. Chrome took over because Google is the overwhelming majority search provider and they pushed Chrome every chance they got

youtube.com/watch?v=OoBk6eN0pxs

:3

>w< *snuggles*

But what if it becomes the next best thing and openbsd's bullshit ruins it's reputation?

Good, so us web developers can use modern web standards without having to worry about cunts not upgrading their browsers like we had to suffer with Internet Explorer.

Also increased security for every user.

Upgrade your fucking browser.

>I miss when it looked like a standard windows (or on linux, standard GTK) application

To be fair, the new ff does a better job at native theme integration than post-1.5 pre-quantum crap.

> so us web developers can use modern web standards

"using modern web standards" should be a felony