If you're in your 20s or 30s you have LITERALLY NO EXCUSE to not be tech savvy...

If you're in your 20s or 30s you have LITERALLY NO EXCUSE to not be tech savvy, there never was and there will never be better time. Boomers and ancestors obviously were too early and zoomers are conditioned with castrated and dumbed down tech. Pretty sad that it lasted just one generation too.

Attached: 1521353508090.png (1795x848, 12K)

truer words have never been said

delete that image

indeed

and there is nothing we/you/linuxfags can do

I don't understand why people got triggered by that pic, even if it was real it's even more funny

I turn 26 this week. Extremely happy to be in my generation. Old enough to be raised on DOS, young enough to be consistently learning new technology before complexity stagnation at the end of the 00s

Sounds like you're desperately trying to give your wasted life some pathetic meaning by underestimating "zoomers", angry old virgin :)

its true, zoomers are as bad with tech despite growing with it, they are just phonezombies

you will never make bank over zoomers with microtransactions tho
so you're either an angry zoomer or just a retard using any trend trying to blend in
>the future is female amirite

What does tech savvy even mean ? I majored in cs and am now willingly turning myself into a luddite

actually I am in my 40s and when I grew up as a teen you had to put together your own computer and learn a bit about networking to have or afford a decent machine as any good tower was well over $1000, so you had to piece things together to save money or you could not have a computer at all

If i had access since that age to perfectly working laptops with few user serviceable parts and a smartphone in my pocket and tablets everywhere that just always worked i would never have learned how to do this shit because i would not have had to

you are capable of installing gentoo

I can do it and I'm barely capable of operating a microwave

>you are capable of installing gentoo
im capable of replacing the transmission in my car too, but why?

I graduated physics two years ago and you'd balk at the number of my classmates who failed the introductory python course. Half of them wouldn't even be able to set up a printer or tell you what model their smartphone was.
At least we'll have comfortable futures

No we wont. I'd rather be a homeless couch surfer than support technology in anyway or work in it

>No we wont. I'd rather be a homeless couch surfer than support technology in anyway or work in it
good choice

this should be a shitpost, but it's true.
Zoomers know how to doxx and make shitty memes.
We were the ones exposed to technology in an ideally abstracted form.
But then again, when C came around people thought of it as a babby-tier language. Literally, they were on the whole "real men program assembler"-trip. So maybe i am wrong

this tbqh

Delete your pic. Thank you

i don't get what OP's pic is supposed to be, it's a blank page on /b/ with no text

so what

I'n 34 and it was the same for me. Up until 2002 all I had was a Pentium 133 and I had to somehow keep that thing working so I could teach myself web dev.

Attached: 1452034587040.jpg (600x450, 20K)

Get rid of this thread op. That pic is not okay.

And you're some asshole on the internet with identity issues

so are you
check and mate atheists

OP here. Well played, my friend.

I feel like I'm missing a joke.

>Zoomers are still just kids playing with high tech toys.
FTFY sweety :^)

Attached: 1486226372817.png (478x603, 279K)

:^)

Attached: 1494825887594.jpg (1795x709, 1.14M)

DELET
NOW

>there never was and there will never be better time
You mean the 90s? At times it feels like that. Then I remember consumer Internet speeds fucking sucked back then, and feel better.
I have come to terms with it, and am optimistic about the future, but there is a lot of COPE around with people that have experienced the 90s.

But some zoomers are in their 20s, user.

this stuff surprised me
>my nephew got hard into vidya since he was little
>tiny mumbling faglord gets to experience beauty of video games, entire worlds inside those small box of electronics, he constantly plays vidya as he grows up
>he liked games, he was interested in minecraft mods, whatever
>i thought he's gonna become a proper computer person in no time
>years later, he's just watching his youtubers on tablet, occasionally playing some android games
at this point i've realized that having a real computer since birth isn't the only thing necessary for someone to get interested in computers. i can't get my head around it, i can't understand his complete lack of interest in how things work. he has internet since birth, he could learn anything he wants, but he never tries anything
>so you like video games, would you like to make one?
>sure
>why won't you try then? search and download unity, there are tutorials here and there
>nah, there is no one to teach me

i dunno, i could try spending some time with him and trying to teach him, but i feel like he's just incompatible, he's not interested in technology, in how things works, he's just a consumer. then again, he's going nowhere, i like the kid and i don't want him to end up as a loser. i think i'll try teaching him basics of programming, i'll see where he'll take it.

Attached: 1534814686891.png (1422x1250, 1.45M)

I could ask you the same thing about medicine.

There's ~83-85 million science articles out there. Essentially every publicly-funded microarray is publicly available for download. We have better and more tools available for deep data analysis than ever before. The scientific answer to every medical ailment is out there, it just needs to be discovered by someone.

Yet I see people every day believing in quackers bullshit avocado-facials and olive oil diets like it's heaven-sent cures for Ebola and AIDS.

I genuinely think human psychology prevents us from seeking the true truth, instead settling on pseudo-truths and mental shortcuts.

Attached: 1544945138831.jpg (689x741, 107K)

I pretty tech savy, except for the fact that because of money and just in the past not really much use for one, I've never had a smart phone so if I use someone else's to maybe help them I'm like wtf-faced.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-06 21-05-20.png (563x655, 551K)

>old enough to remember physical keyboard , remember how shit digital keyboard are.

>true truth, instead settling on pseudo-truths and mental shortcuts
I think it's a little more difficult than that.
Essentially people like to make their world simple (which is okay).
In order to achieve that they create and/or choose to adopt axioms. You can never hope to argue with them relating to anything regarding those axioms. If you don't adopt those, you can't even hope to have a proper discussion with them, because they won't hear you.
And we have that shit on all sides of the (non-)political spectrum. There isn't even a single exception, and that's fucking disheartening to see.

That's part of why I like this site. You can have a discussion with fucking everyone. You are probably talking with Nazi and the Far-Left, the Capitalists and the Communists, the Liberals and the Authoritarians every single day.
"Truth" is a fucking meme. It's never about what is actually happening, it's about what you want to believe to be happening.

Some time ago I was messing with a rather largeish looking box which contained a rather large motherboard and some other components, about the size of a large modern PC case. It was acrtually a computer with a z80 processor. Within 5 years that was the same size as a sinclair zx81, On that zx81 I taught myself how to program in BASIC and assembly languageI then bought a sinclair spectrum, then a BBC micro, and then an IBM Ambra computer. On that computer I switched to Linux in 1999 and the revolutionary changes that happened between using my first z80 to my first IBM compatible was enormous. Around 2004 I realised the rate of technological advancement in computers was slowing down. It has now stagnated. There are no new developments, only tweaks and design changes. I have found nobody under the age of 22 who has the remotest bit of interest in actually getting beyond social media, games, and all the other bullshit and getting into the way it works. Domestic computerised technology has become rancid, it's younger users bullshitted by the hype that they know technology, when they clearly fucking dont

Fuck. I knew I recognized it.

Or just use your parent's.

Back in the 80th, you had to learn programming and using DOS or BASIC in order to use a computer. This literally forced people to steep learn about the processes and code lines behind a nice game or program.
Nowadays, people get in trouble if Youtube changes their UI and fucks around with their user account menu.
It went too easy to use a computer and since it's like that, people stopped caring about the tech and processes behind it.
Even designing websites went drag'n drop where people 15 years earlier had to learn HTML in order to get a website to function.

We programmers by making every program more simple and more easy to use, programmed away all initial "sparks" and the need that would trigger people into learning programming.
The result is the most dumbfucked user that is imaginable.
A downspiral if you ask me.

its a shit story that's made up

>"Truth" is a fucking meme. It's never about what is actually happening, it's about what you want to believe to be happening.

I want to make a distinction between simplification, ignorance, and outright lies. You can call clouds "water vapour", which is a simplification, you can ignore them (ignorance), or make yourself believe they're fairy hotels for Cirno and Clownpiece (outright lies).

What I see every single day is outright lies, used to mask reality. Layers upon layers of lies that are impossible to argue against because it runs so deep, as if popular media has created an alternate reality. Discuss obesity in any social gathering, I dare you, within 30 seconds someone will say "genetics", "I have slow metabolism", or "diabetes". People pretend they're medical experts while knowing jack shit, using random slurs they read online to deter you from speaking further. I just don't understand why there is this need to lie during oversimplifications. If we never simplified anything, people wouldn't be so fucking stupid

Attached: 6noix8m106a11.jpg (1710x2101, 395K)

That's the price of going mainstream, but i don't think ease of access and overall high-level stuff would stop an interested person from getting into programming. Back in the 80's, if someone wasn't interested in programming but had c64 for games, he haven't got any sparks for taking interest in programming, he had a little sticky note with "load *,8,1" written on it. Right now, an interested kid could do all kinds of cool shit, build a game from premade scripts and assets in unity, rpg maker, write basic stuff in any language of choice, emulate c64, you name it. I think amount of people who could truly take an interest in programming haven't changed much, it's just that modern kids all look like prime nerd materials but it's just an illusion, they're not going to move out of consumption.

c64 basic would be an amazing introduction to programming, it has low-level logic and all kinds of cool stuff, like how you can move a pointer for data to display around the memory. Somehow i feel like the nephew kid i've mentioned wouldn't last a minute there without giving up

tl:dr you're now breathing manually.

I used to be very tech savvy, now technology is just fucking garbage and I'm like a boomer.

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE UI FOR FUCKING EVERYTHING NEED TO CHANGE EVERY FEW MONTHS

>If we never simplified anything, human kind would have already ceased to exist.
FTFY

Living these days is already more complex than it has any right to be.
I don't yearn for the days when all you did the whole day was farming, and licking your worldly and clerical superiors' asses, but life was a lot simpler back then.
"Truth" is often a question of perspective. Much like "good" and "evil". There are probably hardly any people that actually perceive themselves as "evil".

prove it

I'm a 20 year old who dropped out of college once, going back next year. I'm not trying to use my argument as an excuse, just want to give you a slightly different perspective from a point of view of someone who has given up once in the past.

Everything you wrote is true, we have more resources, books, platforms where we can discuss things on, etc.
But I think it's important to note that technology is extremely advanced now, so when you start something, it can be extremely discouraging to see how far you are from anything that can actually stand on its own.
Want to make a website on your own? Okay, start learning HTML. It will look like its 93. So learn CSS. Learn javascript. Learn about databases.

The standards have risen up to the point where as a beginner, things just seem impossible. As a younger person, I feel like I understand your brothers lack of interest more. Technology is impressive. But its so impressive that it almost seems impossible to achieve. And honestly I would say this is the biggest reason why younger people who spend a lot of time with computers don't necessary want to learn about it.

For most people, there is no reason to learn coding. All their problems can be solved by adding apps, add ons or change program.
They are also teased to consume the gazillions of contents that are out there. You could hang on youtube and alike for ages without rewatchign a single video. And this is a real time killer. Let alone jewbook and retardagram.
This time is literally stolen from the users life span and does prevent him from learning to code. It is also much more convenient to watch a lot of videos and tv series passively than learning to code and to use your brain until it smokes like a smoke grenade.
Zoomers are trained on passively consuming and not thinking. Because of political agendas, it is morally forbidden to think on your own, to come up with a conclusion because it doesn't fit the the offcial narrative or at least there is a risk a person who thinks for himself could come to the "wrong" conclusions.
Back in the old days, i had to write my tests and had to explain and reason. Now, they have multiple choice questions that have answers to check or uncheck.
Everything is designed to dumb us down as much as possible.

I had a 19 year old kid on the line who couldn't handle "true/false" settings in Win registry, nor did he know about "regedit" to reach it.

I cannot possibly imagine being this controlled by women

Attached: 1549886248988.png (429x410, 10K)

>This literally forced people to steep learn about the processes and code lines behind a nice game or program.
No you fucking idiot.
You run doom.bat and your shitty game starts, it's just as braindead as modern stuff.
At most you would have to screw around with shit to get it to run smoothly on a low spec machine, but it isn't anything like "learning to program".
You just want to call people stupid and feel smart like the retarded fedora tipper you are.

>It will look like its 93.
But that's good.
CSS and JavaScript are fucking retarded. Websites are documents, not programs.

>>i had to write my tests and had to explain and reason. Now, they have multiple choice questions that have answers to check or uncheck.
>he seriously thinks it wasn't just "memorize word for word this shitty book"
Confirmed underage.
>I had a 19 year old kid on the line who couldn't handle "true/false" settings in Win registry, nor did he know about "regedit" to reach it.
This might surprise you, but people have different interests from you. Not everyone has to give a single fuck about tech just because they have to use computers to write a shitty essay.
It's not essential to living in any way, it's just a hobby.
Think about it like this, I don't give a shit about music. I would be considered a retard by music autists due to not knowing how to calibrate my instruments properly or whatever. Does it affect my daily life? No. Does it have anything to do with education? No. Will it make my life better? N O . It's just entertainment, a hobby, something to do for fun.

Fuck you for using that image op.U2.
C is a babby language. Python and javascript are like 2nd trimester unborn child languages. Too bad they werent aborted.
SeeIf that doesnt ring a bell you're too new.

EVERYTIME
I DONT EVEN NEED THE MEGAMAN IMAGE
FUCK YOU

>I did not mention it earlier because this part is just retarded, not entertaining in the least
For some reason that's the line that always makes me laugh the most out of this whole fucking thing

Check your privilege. Some of us dont have a parent with a garage.

>implying I stopped at a doom.bat and didn't just make a games.bat that loaded everything up in a cute looking near-gui with white text on blue background and you just type the name of the game after that and it starts
>implying I ever learned how to use stacker to save space for anything other than videogames
>implying I ever learned how to load pc with EMS memory vs XMS except for games that only used the older shittier one like Zone66
>implying I ever learned a set blaster line for anything other than videogame sound
>implying I ever learned hex editing for anything other to make a fucking awesome overpowered base in x-com UFO defense and soldiers with 127 or 255 stats
>implying that even the most bare minimum shit from back then like d:\Install.exe c:\duke3d\setup.exe is as braindead as "put in cartridge/disc and play" or "click steam click game click play"
>implying I didnt spend 3 days getting the sound to work on quake 2 when i first used Linux
>implying I didnt only learn how to use DOS applications on OS/2 for finding a way to use DOS gameboy emulators on OS/2 to play pokemon blue on release
>implying I learned how to use a null modem cable for anything other than rise of the triad deathmatch
>implying I learned at least some basic networking and subnetting for any purpose other than to get UT99 / Q3A lans to work properly
I could go on but you see my point. I May be the exception to the rule but my thirst for videogames led to my tech knowledge and then it became compounding - learning about components and hardware for vidya. Now it's ironic because I hate videogames and also hate technology, but I think that's because I have worked in IT for 10 years. Also because new games suck.