4K players

I'm going to buy a 4K player. A sony one is about $175. An Xbox 1S is about $200 and can also play 4k films. I'm not a gamer but is it better to get the console because of everything else it can do on top of playing 4K?

Attached: sony-ubp-x800-4k-bd-player-14.jpg (970x647, 67K)

4k is a meme

buy a ps4 or xbox instead, and host your own plex server

4k looks fake as fuck completed ruins entertainment for me

Just get a used Xbone S. Can easily find one for around $100 and it plays 4k movies

You haven't seen any.

ok

is 4k gameplay worth it?

Not unless you're on PC

Ok

if you want to be really cheap you can get bluray xl drives that can rip 4k discs, not play them though so you need a big hdd if you want lots of films

phsyical media is dying anyways

you can sideload retroarch onto an xbone S which to me makes it worth the extra 25, not to mention it will undoubtedly be supported longer than your bd player

That's a really handsome device

Def get a console of some kind. Blu-Ray players tend to be sluggish and gross if you don’t get the right one. So choose carefully if you do go that route

For $25 more you get the xbox which can be used all in one for your media with all the streaming service apps, Plex and such. A lot more utility for a very small difference in price, I'd go with that.

Any day now

You can just get a 4k Blu-ray drive if you have kaby lake + 200 series mobo +windows 10, or newer.

blu ray playback on PC is a nightmare and you should feel bad for neglecting to mention this
>inb4 hurr durr just rip it
4K discs exceed 100GB a disc. this is unfeasible for most who just want to pop a movie in and watch it

>blu ray playback on PC is a nightmare and you should feel bad for neglecting to mention this
How so? Can you expand on your issues with 4k, or Blu-ray playback?

Also need cyberlink powerdvd, and HDMI 2.0 in combo with the supported hardware.

a sony 4k player will have better output than an xb1x but you might as well wait for the ps5

Your a meme

>blu ray playback on PC is a nightmare and you should feel bad for neglecting to mention this
explain

Attached: snapshot_21.12_[2016.12.24_06.43.10].png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Console might have a louder fan.

>Brainlet can't do a thing

Getting an Xbox One is all around a horrible decision

Even if you buy a fucking player, its a crapshoot if it will work.

bought die hard trilogy, could never get the fucking discs to play on my bluray drive (I got it for burning, so no real problem on my side) so instead I just fucking pirated the movies and watch them that way. I have a stand alone player, but cant be asked to drag it out every time I want to watch a bluray.

hold out for 8K, Any day now

woke post

you should get a dedicated player as the Xbox One S/X have worse video output

either get a console or a cheap pc and put a bluray drive in it

you're better off just torrenting bd rips user

Attached: 1551534709486.png (370x320, 30K)

I would recommend spending around 300€ and getting a R5 2400G mini computer for watching 4k, just be sure to get a motherboard that has 4k capable video output

An Xbox 1S is actually $185 with Titanfall 2 at Rakuten right now with the promo code SAVE15
You also get 6% cash back. Quite a deal!!! Happy day!!!

>blu ray/vhs player
absolutely based, best of both worlds.

>Even if you buy a fucking player, its a crapshoot if it will work.
Maybe if you're an idiot. I haven't had any problems with playing dvds, Blu-ray, or 4k blurays on my pc, because I have the proper hardware, and software.

dvds are a non issue on pc

blu rays and 4k blu rays decided they needed to drm out the ass, so even having proper hardware and software it's an absolute shit show if it will work.
let me put it this way, for me its easier to rip the blu rays and play them that way then it is to play them off the fucking discs.

This isn't a matter of having the right shit, it's a matter of bluray being drmed so fucking hard that it becomes easier to pirate then play legit.

Going to steal OPs thread. I use a shield TV now, but I was thinking about moving it to my media room and getting an xbone S for the same reason as OP for my living room. But I heard there are problems with Plex? Would be doing direct playback of a wide range of sources included untouched 4k blu ray remuxes. If it is any downgrade from an android TV box I am uninterested.

you use windowse10, you're the idiot

>blu rays and 4k blu rays decided they needed to drm out the ass, so even having proper hardware and software it's an absolute shit show if it will work.
The drm issues gave been sorted out aong time ago especially for regular blurays. You have to be a massive moron if you can't figure it out.
>This isn't a matter of having the right shit,
It actually is about having the right shit.
You need the proper software, and hardware. The end.
>you use windowse10, you're the idiot
You can't playback blurays. You're the real idiot.

>You can't playback blurays.
why would i want to pay for some locked down shit when i could get it online
>You're the real idiot.
no you are

Thanks fellow shill

>why would i want to pay for some locked down shit when i could get it online
I don't know why you would do, or wouldn't do anything user, or care.
But if you want to play 4k blurays without issues on a PC then you need the proper hardware, and software.
Some people still like the high quality that physical media has without having to download 50-100+GB of data for a few hours of media. You obviously don't even though you can't playback physical discs due to lack of intelligence, financials, and a combination of software, and hardware.

>or care
you obviously do, idiot :^) and i already told you i wouldn't be a liitle goy whore like you earlier

one of the few big sony devices. solid unit

what will be the earlier new standard for anime? having suppott for 4k or surround sound? i know some anime movies have 5.1 audio

is 7.1 a meme? how many speakers could you possibly need?

>Too dumb to playback discs
>Lul didn't won't to anyways.

>you this super specific hardware and software
>Too dumb to playback discs

>have two brand name BD players
>samsung from 2008
>sony from 2010
>BOTH no longer read blu ray discs only dvds
fuck this

>you this super specific hardware and software
And what can't you understand?

Yes

.4K.YIFY.2019.MP4.AAC.DTS

The one s sucks at playing movies, this player has served me very well.

Attached: Screenshot_20190307-144203_Amazon Shopping.jpg (1080x2220, 414K)

they're saying there's a lot of hoops you have to jump through just to watch and/or rip 4k discs atm you pretentious cretin.

A lot. The hoops are hardware+ software.
Literally not that hard to grasp you retarded faggot.

>X800
>is older than the X700
way to go Sony

>The one s sucks at playing movies,
???????????????????

4K BD has 4-6 times the bitrate of the average 4K stream.

Fuck off nvidiot shill

sure is shill in here

what a souless machine

forgot the pic

Attached: sony-ubp-x800-front.jpg (1014x396, 20K)

How about just fucking buying a cheap $60 dollar magnavox 4k blueray player. No smart anything it just werks

>just werks
famous last words

Payed for the proper hardware and software, wish I could get my money back as the software was fucking worthless.

fact is the software on pc to play blu rays damn near if not costs more than 4k blu ray players on its own and serves to function as a shit media player you only use with blurays, while a 4k player can take a tv and add a shitload of functionality to it.

EVEN WITH THE PROPER SETUP THE DRM WILL STILL FUCK YOU

4k would happen sooner then 5.1
now will 4k be native or upscales is the question you have to ask.