Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: just2friens.jpg (709x709, 548K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
freedns.afraid.org/
addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-exclude-files-folders-from-cortana-search-on-windows-10/
youtube.com/watch?v=1zlCo8Qh86o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

On a dual gpu laptop, would using the dedicated gpu for your browser wear it a lot overtime, or would it be just fine?

Attached: 1542976685916.jpg (694x499, 37K)

Anyone have any insights about case fans? The cheap ones included on my case are getting noisy and one is starting to tick. Will it make a difference (noise wise) if I get fancy Noctua ones over cheap ones that run at the same RPM?

I wanna sell this shit build you guys made me buy a year ago.

How much can I get for it if I put it up on ebay? £400?

Attached: file.png (755x532, 54K)

What does it mean when my new computer turns off a few moments after I try to turn it on and then turns back on and stays on a second later; running perfectly fine?

Attached: D0yU1BYX4AA7axn.jpg orig.jpg (2000x3000, 578K)

should I quit computer engineering and go into electrical engineering?
also thinking about quitting school and going full neet

Could you be talking about the BIOS boot screen that comes up and then disappears before your actual OS loads?

Asking again. Trying to get DRM off these damn WMV. Need a Linux/Ubuntu solution.

>also thinking about quitting school and going full neet
Don't do that.
Why do you want to get into electrical engineering? Do you like it more than computer engineering?
If you just want a recommendation on a field to get into, you could also try IT or information security. I'm studying in those areas now and it's quite comfy

>Why do you want to get into electrical engineering?
I went into CE thinking that it would be all about super low level programming, but it doesn't seem that way so far. I'm only year 1.5 so maybe it will get better.
Also, I always wanted to know the math behind fourier transforms and stuff like that. CE skips that.
My end goal is to be able to write software audio effects and instruments

No, the computer will turn on, fans will spin, lights will come up but then it all shuts down for a moment before turning and staying on.

Once it comes back, it runs great, benchmarks great and even hardware diagnostic tools show no issues. I have been messing with the internals lately so I'm not ruling out a loose cable or something but nothing seems to be out of place.

Attached: D07IiMpWkAASwv4.jpg orig.jpg (1799x2776, 313K)

My friend is going to college but he discovered that there's a firewall that blocks entertainment websites and probably a shit ton more things. I promised I'd help him, but I don't really understand networks. I told him ProtonVPN should work and he denied it. How can he bypass it? Also, such a method can work on a smartphone? He doesn't think he'll be able to use his pc in there.

Attached: 1548985405926.jpg (4160x3120, 1.76M)

>cpu running at 50c
>tighten screws a little
>cpu running at 28c
how could I have been so silly. I apologise to the user whose time I wasted last night

Attached: 590.gif (280x207, 453K)

Can anyone recommend a book that discusses programming theory to an advanced level without going into specifics for a certain programming language?

SICP

What is React, and what does it do

a trendy hipster homosexual javascript framework used to make shitty single page apps

Correction: it's not only for SPAs. :^)

sounds like a power supply issue. how many watts is your psu and are you trying to power more than it should be?

Best torrent client for wangblows?

Transmission

qBittorrent in my opinion, but some say it still has stalling issues. There are other decent ones like Transmission for windows, Deluge, etc.
In any case, stay the hell away from uTorrent, it's just outdated, proprietary, and has had multiple security holes.

What's a quick way to convert MKV to MP4?
Handbrake takes 2 fucking hours plus just to turn a 20 minute video into MP4.
Weeb subtitles are involved.

Attached: 1526930154754.jpg (300x223, 110K)

what kind of shithole university would do this? this must be the public spaces like the libraries/classrooms and not the dorms, right?

androidStudio development question:

is ti possible to pull data from LogCat? I want to get mediaMetadata from the currently playing audio source on my phone, I can see it's getting printed to console, so I was wondering if I could easily grab this data somehow?

Attached: correctMusicData.png (1050x288, 36K)

I found that SoftEther can bypass many firewalls and site blocks.
But being your friends needed help then refused your advice he doesn't want a solution so fuck em.

My computer is running really slow but I don't know why. My usage isn't really maxing out anywhere but everything still lags really hard when I use it. Opening a program, switching browser tabs, opening the start menu, it's all really slow and laggy. Restarting fixes it temporarily, but it eventually goes back to lagging. Do I have a failing piece of hardware somewhere?

16 GB RAM
GTX 1080
Win 10

Attached: task manager.png (378x58, 2K)

Anyone have any advice to find out the cause of a blue screen? I have been experiencing them somewhat frequently recently while gaming and chalked it up to some bad programming in some sketchily obtained games if you catch my drift, but this behavior has spilled into steam games as well.

What game?
Is your pc strong enough for it?
How'd you acquire it?

I actually wonder this too. I have an optiplex 755 that does this. when I plug it in, it sounds like it spins up everything then stops again. powers on no problem.

Did you download anything new recently or update any hardware drivers?
Any software update without you knowing?
Has your fan been acting weird or has the PC/Laptop been running hot?

Isn't there a better way to do this using a single machine running multiple instances of Android?

Attached: 0_nyn6eV5bBTyASJA5.png (1200x1598, 2.47M)

1. have host on outside (parents home or hosted linux or whatever)
2. learn about ssh -L x:y:z

basically it's cat and mouse, you have to find ports and protocols that are allowed and piggyback through on them

which build of win10, if your C:\ drive is on a hard drive instead of an ssd, windows 10 can eat 100% disk i/o on hard drives trying to run windows update, the fix for me at least was running windows update over and over and letting it update, then running it again, then again until it was no longer lagging. run winver and see if you're on 1809.

mine just did this. grab crystal disk and check your SMART counters. I had a disk dying and I'm glad I was able to move stuff prior to it failing.

I had one of those and that's literally the BIOS and power supply and fan getting energy. It sounds like the computer let's out a little roar or rev.
I wouldn't do it too much though I had a model go out. My speculation was a power surge from when my nephew was messing around kicking the power strip which made it power off incorrectly over and over.

Only thing I've done recently is install new Nvidia drivers maybe a little over a week ago. This is an issue that has been getting worse for a while though.

I'm on 1803 with an SSD.

I'll try that.

Graphics driver is 419.17 by the way.

>1803
i'd manually run windows update see if it grabs anything, but
>ssd
i dont think its eating all the disk i/o on that, but i'd update anyways if it will grab 1809 because they fixed issues related to windows update raping the disk.

Many thanks, user.

Okay so drivers are out of the way. Though sometimes they can cause issues but since this is a problem before that...
Since you're on Windows 10 I second checking in on their updates. The OS is a fucking cunt of a memory hog and will slow your shit down in favor of their updates and junk.

Yakuza 0 cracked and the legit steam version of Hitman 2 so far. My pc isn't exactly impressive, but it's well above min requirements for both, fx8320 hd7950 and 8gb ram. The bluescreens come up completely unexpectedly and inconsistently, usually after a few hours (3 or 4) of game play and the computer restarts before I can get any useful info out of it. Occasionally I leave the game paused for an extended period of time when I leave to take care of something that comes up, leaving it paused for a few hours sometimes, but it doesn't really seem to have any effect on whether or not it bluescreens.

You must have shitty unnecessary options ticked or you dont know what you're doing and have shit settings
Handbrake is just a frontend for ffmpeg, look up the settings you want and use it from the cli

Downloading 1809 now. I'll see if that fixes it.

Not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here but it says all my drives are in good health.

Attached: crystaldisk.png (674x532, 63K)

BSOD is a common issue on Yakuza 0 to the point that there is a patched version.
Make sure your crack is an up to date with the fix.
And you said slightly above minimum.
Seems overheating and CPU issues are also a common issue. You can run the game but its only a matter of time before the PC blue screens.

you would know immediately if something was dying with that.

Alright, I'll look into temps. Thanks.

Just to add that BSOD is also an issue with Hitman 2 as well.

750W psu and according to pcpartpicker, my system draws about 370-400W

What the fuck is it in Waterfox that feeds me the strictest recaptcha possible every time? I already disabled privacy.resistFingerprinting, that helped for a while, now it's fucked again.

I've updated to 1809 so I guess I'll see if it's fixed tomorrow or still starts lagging.

ok user of Jow Forums looking for guidance on my future.

I have been looking for a new job from manufacturing. I have "IT experience" self taught. Anyways with my current college situation (have to pay for my own classes) I live in burgerland (USA) and here are my future plans for employment/career.

>find comfy office job (I open to suggestions on this, preferable non customer service kind, someone can get with little experience)
>with a company that has developer position so I can move up in the company while in college/after college
>mostly see java/python/c# as preferred to know (is this ok? I tend to program in these languages already for fun)

I am definitely open to suggestion on what companies to find jobs in. I use to do data entry for a bank, that always had java developer positions open. I wish I stayed at that bank :(

Attached: 1551642430374s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

I wanna host a web server on my PC, but I don't want to publicize my IP address.

How exactly does one go about proxying a web server? Would I need a third party service to act as an intermediary? Or would maybe using a free VPN service work?

Attached: schmoop.png (625x367, 66K)

this is impossible - the process is something like:
1. register shitty dns name
2. buy static IP from ISP or use dyndns
3. setup server
4. setup portforwarding on router to permit nasty vile internet traffic to reach server

they can access your site by ip:port or by DNS:port which translates to ip:port

if you want different IP you need hosted (or buy 2nd IP from ISP)

Is tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php trushworthy? How can i be sure there's no backdoor on the ISOs?

Possibly wrong settings in the BIOS. It tries to boot with wrong settings, it can't and it restarts itself to boot with default values. Overclock, ram values, something like that.
Have you changed anything in the BIOS?

I'm having the most bizarre error. Basically I was trying to play League, but the client didn't open. I did some debugging and found out that apparently opening "LeagueClientUx.exe" says it doesn't exist. The thing is, if I rename it, it suddenly shows up. If I rename any exe to it's name, suddenly it gets the same icon and can't be opened. What do?

Compare the SHA1. If it matches, it's the same exact file.
As an example, the SHA1 for the configuration I tried in the screenshot is 84e64722300c855a25a177514d72f1d1cb8efd3b
A quick search for that hash returns some trustworthy websites so it should be safe to use.
Download the iso, compute the hash in case the website is reporting a legit hash but giving the wrong ISO under the assumption people aren't going to check (unlikely), and if it matches you're good.

Attached: file.png (955x439, 79K)

Thanks for the info. Though it seems odd to me that it's "impossible" to have a server behind a proxy address.

I own a domain and already have my web server set up; I just don't want my domain to point people to the PC at my house, for obvious reasons. Surely I can't be the first person to want this?

I saw one person once say some VPN services allow you to port forward, thus allowing you to host services through a different IP address. Would that actually work, or was that person mistaken?

hello! I'll be using bsd for some time, and I have no experience with this system, all I know is win and mac so I'm a technical baby when it comes to most things, can you tell me how bsd handles VPN and http proxies, I've heard that it has a system-wide one enabled by default, is this true? you can easily change countries in browser via vpn extensions on mac and win, is this behavior possible in bsd? or do you have to manage proxies on a larger scale via console or something like this?

ok, I'll ask again, anyone here fiddles with mozilla's browsers?. I've been tinkering with SeaMonkey's browser and tried to add a Toggle images button to it, I did it but it has 3 states: images on, images off, and this one with a key - what does it do?

Attached: what is this.png (92x20, 1010)

It should be possible. Try freedns.afraid.org/

you can proxy it but then your proxy is exposed. and all traffic will be billed to your proxy and your house (assuming either isn't unlimited).

If you want to play with this just install squid and enable IP forwarding and setup reverse proxy and watch traffic in tcpdump

i don't have experience with free vpn but you do have to watch for async connections in the mix. most home internet is shit upstream

this doesn't hide IP, he still needs 3rd party hosted and forwarding to mask IP

I'll take a look, thanks

Thanks for the tips. I'll have to read up a bit more and hopefully can find a reasonable solution

Do I really need to update to windows 10 for my Ryzen 7 to have more capability? I'm running windows 7 and got the drivers downloaded

I can use all these variables for my FOR loops except 'z' , what could possibly be the reason behind this

Attached: Screenshot_11.png (200x123, 5K)

Anyone knows how Dells Optiplex nomenclature works? I want to buy a mini tower, those that come with a sufficiently powerful psu and 75w on the pcie slot to pair it with a 1050 I can get for cheap. There are many versions that fit my requierements but have identical specs, only difference is in the names numbers.

Attached: 154805008535.gif (275x308, 3.47M)

Should you use your personal email for Netflix and whatnot

sure why not?

I notice the send quite a lot of emails about random stuff plus idk you never know, you know lol

What is stopping us from creating a fully functional android? Why are robotics so shit?

Is the MTK6737 rootable?
I'm about to buy chinkphone and of like to root it.

Attached: 1473830190306.jpg (1026x1500, 651K)

I have 2 devices that only work well through a hub, frontal ports or USB extension cable. When connected directly to USB ports on the back, be it USB 2.0 or 3.0 they either malfunction or stop working. I tried with 2 different motherboards and the result is the same. As long as there's something in between, works fine.

Any ideas?

eh, I solved it by using global variables instead of local ones

How do IPsec Phase 2 tunnels work.

Do they go through the Phase 1 tunnel and are double-encrypted or something?

Or are they established as separate connections outside of the first phase?

Attached: ipsec.png (601x301, 11K)

do you guys encrypt your os? is so why

are dac/amps better than soundcards?

i have an USB headset and a minijack speaker system
how can i make them play the same audio as once?
right now the headset only plays the sounds that the microphone picks up, and the speakers play pretty much everything else. its separated.
im using realtek drivers btw

Attached: Sin título.jpg (159x309, 13K)

short answer, yes

why?

None of these rote topics address the query I have. Direct me to the av network discussion board plox, I only have 100k of some other fuckers money to spend

honestly i forgot what, when i was looking into it someone was saying it was outdated and kind of pointless, sorry i cant remember more specifically why

I ended up getting the fiio e10k as a result

How in the living fuck do I remove windows 10 apps from my previous install of windows? I reformatted my C drive, but I have like 200GB of windows 10 games scattered across my other drives that windows wont let me touch, cause "trusted installer" has the permission. Do I just have to boot into ubuntu or something and try nuking it from orbit?

Nevermind, disabled the power saving options on everything related to the USB ports and they seem to be doing fine now.

>>Maybe set the folder as hidden and or exclude from search indexing
>
>
>How can I do this? Thanks for helping btw

addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-exclude-files-folders-from-cortana-search-on-windows-10/

>>What file format do they have ?
>WMV.
Try recoding them with handbrake.
That should remove the drm.

I lost my iphone in 2017, locked the account and made a report to the police.

Haven't had an iphone since until now when I'm about to set a new one up and got reminded that my apple id was locked.
I guess I'm wondering why do I care about that apple id? What's the pro/con to unlocking and using it again vs just making a new one?

About £100

I replied just now but recode with handbrake if you can try that.

A javascript framework similar to vue.js

Deluge

You could run android in a virtual machine and try that.

I mean we have some that can walk and almost open doors, thats pretty good I found.

Unless you have some paid apps on there I would just make a new one.

Am I retarded for having a 1070 and still running 1080p monitor?

Nah I'm doing the same thing.
It feels nice to put everything on max on modern games and 1080p is still good enough for now.
Maybe in another gen or two I'll go to 4k but not right now.

Why is computer RAM the biggest cause of issues? Is it more vulnerable than other parts due to constant stress or something? Why is it so that a processor usually lasts a fuckton of time but memory is often the first to go bad?

Attached: RAM.jpg (1000x625, 77K)

>watch some alt-right podcast on YouTube
>there's an audio delay after the second half, same on all of his videos
>rip the video from YouTube
>the delay is magically gone
>repeat with several video ripping software and none of them have a delay once the file is offline
>try logging out, nuking my cookies, changing my IP address, it's the same
>try it on a PS4, the same
Here's one example, this guy's videos have been fucky for a week now on both of his channels and I haven't noticed it with anybody else yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=1zlCo8Qh86o
Can somebody else please attempt to recreate this too? It seems like YouTube has implemented a new way of fucking over people that they don't like.

Attached: 1551311347709.png (300x300, 85K)

I've never had any issues with ram going bad myself.
Honestly the only part I've ever had die on me was a PSU that was lik 8 years old from constant use.

I see the same kind of delay ?
It's not there when you download it ?
Weird
It might be something from youtube but it'd be hard to prove something like that.

Downloaded the video with youtube-dlg but the delay is still there for me.
Seems to be something with the video itself.

Can a shitty monitor cable damage your GPU port? I bought a bunch of cables so I can pick and choose which one works best and I got a turd. It made the monitor and data stream so laggy that OS operation was literally a 5 frame per second slideshow I gave it a hard shut down and got rid of the cable.

Problem is after using that cable I think my monitor response time and smoothness is a hair lower. Is this something that actually happens and how do you fix it?

Attached: 1551882725756.jpg (355x355, 13K)

Are there any significant differences between different SSD brands/models as in durability, life expectancy etc.? Shouldn't all 3D NAND disks be more or less identical apart from perhaps read/write speeds? I'm thinking of getting a 1TB SSD and the Crucial MX500 is quite a bit cheaper than the 860 EVO.

Weird. For me the delay completely goes away for the entire video when I downloaded it.
Maybe I just haven't been watching too many long videos lately and this is a common thing.
Thanks for your help.

I think it's because it was a stream that was recorded that there is lag.

I've never heard of that happening myself but it could be possible.

They should be about the same in terms of life expectancy.
I think as long as you buy from a well known name and not a chink SSD you should be ok.
I'm using a Crucial SSD myself and it works just fine.

Why do cheap HMI-cables cut to black from time to time, how do I know wich cables are good? (what's the difference)

I meant HDMI-cables