I enjoy this board more than any else

I enjoy coming to g, not for banter but general information. Why is it that the technology boards of reddit are generally shit? It always feels like some big circle jerk. You would think with how people outside of Jow Forums view the site that this board would be worse off.

Attached: 1551674543049.jpg (375x741, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!K3BHCSRT!kYbLctaXR53o7GXhz3I31tEpCv6CzZJhClnLuL0iY9g
youtube.com/watch?v=vBaGqphYbE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you weren't a fucking retard the answer would be obvious.

It's faggots like ^^^^ who cause it.
The answer really is that obvious.

This

The board is generally okay until people try to be cool and insult people without basis despite them being retards themselves for being tripfags.

@70070968
holy fuck how are you still tripfagging after getting BTFOd so many times?

Techies are insanely opinionated people. On reddit, something only goes to thd front page if everyone agrees with it.

Of all the people to post this...

Attached: tripfags.png (953x81, 11K)

You find consumer dick-measuring threads 24/7 informative?
kys my man

>other sites always feel like a big circlejerk
>is on Jow Forums

Attached: 32f.jpg (251x242, 10K)

Jow Forums and reddit are the same

But why is neko-chan naked in the OP pic?

To be fair, threads like /dpt/ and (sometimes) /sqt/ CAN be very informative

Upboat and downboat system is flawed, it it's dictatorship of mediocrity.

One is anarchy, other is democracy.

The technology boards on reddit were actually quite good more than 2 years ago, if you can believe it.

Then came an influx of beginners, node.js devs, pajeets (Whom you can recognize because they begin questions in their thread titles with "how to", which is how a normal person would begin a tutorial and their false politeness), women, political shills smelling an untapped propaganda market, low-effort, low-knowledge, downright dangerous blog posts by Dunning-Kruger people, endless reposts (reddit's general problem. The reason why it's fun the first month you visit, then frustrating ever after. I feel like a "These are the new features of ES6" post is made on Jow Forumsjavascript every day).

The only way, I've found, to talk to people who actually know what they're doing is to get into small, dedicated, maybe even local, groups. Those don't get ruined by phoneposters wanting purchasing advice like Jow Forums or literally everyone like reddit.

it's unironically very concerning that you enjoy such a place
says a lot more about you than about Jow Forums

I wanna rape you @70071456

>Why is it that the technology boards of reddit are generally shit?
The same amount of idiots and shit threads, but here it's easier to find the few goods threads in between.

I like visiting Jow Forums, despite not knowing anything about programming or technology.

>It always feels like some big circle jerk.

Are you implying Jow Forums isn't a massive GNU/Linux circlejerk?

>it always feel like some big circle jerk
Its the same shit here except with AyyMD, Gahnoo Linu cks, and chinkpads.

fuck off tripfag

theyre totally different, for two reason upvotes and anonimity. the reddit upvote system causes comments the circljerk disagrees with to be hidden. They will also use the fact you aren't anonymous against you
>say anything
>someone checks your profile
>hey but what about this post you made
>everyone downvotes

Use arrows next time you jackass

>le upvotes
Pic related.
>le anonymity
You can use TOR and VPNs on leddit. Good luck doing that here.

Attached: A2B7F079-3A4B-4C08-BD9B-A768DCBEA5FC.png (1500x1500, 134K)

do you even know what anonymity means?

>Its the same shit here except with AyyMD, Gahnoo Linu cks, and chinkpads.
this, Jow Forums is the last place you ever want to talk about technology seriously. Its gotten to the point where its either shilling or people who dont know what they are talking about

>They will also use the fact you aren't anonymous against you
Jow Forums uses the fact you're anonymous against you, disagreeing with somebody and calling them a retarded nigger will lead to them assuming your political position and just blatantly making shit up like calling you a samefag or accusing you of being another poster in some thread that happened weeks ago because it's impossible for you to prove otherwise, all it takes is for somebody to mention /leftypol/ before everybody drops what they're doing to laugh at the lefty cuck which may as well be a downvote circlejerk
reddit and Jow Forums have been the same for years now

wouldn't be an issue if you used sock puppets and had reasonable opsec like every other retard on reddit

He enjoys being humiliated.

fuck off to reddit then, if you like it that much.

Yeah it means people including the site operator can’t identify me.
Jow Forums bans TOR and VPNs and Reddit doesn’t. So if you make accounts using TOR/VPN, you can be more anonymous than here.

I think you’re conflating pseudo-anonymity where we can’t identify each other (but tripfags exist anyway) and true anonymity. But keep posting your idiocy.

The two websites overlap too much at this point.

why are you all so mad?

everyone gets mad here.
sometimes i make a post. every time i get flamed, but if u can defend yourself and the other person is not just 100% trolling sometimes you can come around and agree...

All things being equal, I'll shitpost at the one that doesn't require registration, thanks.

Any website that uses cookies has already you registered, whether you did it yourself or not.

>frog/wojak poster is a shitposter

every time

>Good luck doing that here.

Are you 90yo and mentally disabled? Do you still use IE as your browser?

filter out tripfags bro, starve them of attention and they'll fuck off.

>animes
>s
KYS

Maybe so, but cookies are cleared at browser exit and the browser is running in a disposable VM... so I really don't give much of a shit about cookies. I don't have to log in, don't have to have a password, don't need to give anybody an e-mail address and this place isn't run by academics who honestly believe that manufactured consensus accurately reflects reality.

kill yourself faggot

>Jow Forums is as bad as leddit
>well fuck off back if you like it that much
you've got the reading comprehension of a fucking 12 year old

Attached: 1551973817338.png (478x77, 10K)

>ITT: reddits here... blah blah blah
You have to go back.

>browser in disposable vm
for what reason? You're not looking at illegal content, are you?

Not them but probably because they want to, plus any potential botnet gets tossed which makes sense. And a throwaway vm wouldn't protect from getting caught, I assume you just didn't actually think about it.

>reddit
All frequent Reddit users are insufferable.
They whore themselves out for le ebic karma :DD so they can feel good about themselves.
The front page is just full of aggressively liberal posts and OMG SO CUTE XDXDXD posts.

I mean Jow Forums isn't great, but people shitpost here and its generally a good time, shitposting on Reddit is a waste of time because NPCs will just downvote your shit and spam upvotes praising the guy who gave 4,000$ to Bernie Sanders' new campaign. Its not even fun to post on Reddit.

>We do everything we can to track you buhahaha
But I use a dispVM, don't care
>BUT WHY ARE YOU DOING ILLEGAL SHIT THO?!

Jackass!

Attached: Flaherty.png (500x284, 131K)

it is rarely mentioned how many indians and pakis are on reddit now and it's killing it. they suck.

I don't understand what's there to enjoy, it's a bunch of generals, intel vs amd vs nvidia threads and phone shilling

I fucking hate it when I read a supposed "guide" on some topic and it's plagued by the usual india-exclusive grammar-, and spelling errors IN ADDITION to be completely inaccurate and downright harmful "advice" given.
And then I scroll to the bottom and sure enough, the name ends with "Kumar" or "Patel". Of course. Every normal human being would be anxious about releasing a blog post, proofreading it over and over again and making sure the facts given are correct. The Indian man or the Paki, however, has no shame whatsoever.

Indians are also advertising for their shitty companies on programming subreddits which is completely pointless - the people who go on Jow Forumsphp are PHP programmers, not people who want to employ (terrible) PHP programmers. It makes me wish the moderators were as quick at removing those as they are at removing political content they don't like.

Poos truly are the plague that was killing the last good thing reddit had: The technology subreddits. They were not content with just taking over all oldschool forums. They just have to follow the western man everywhere and ruin what he holds dear.

Our only refuge are maths and netsec, which are topics the poo can't comprehend.

they are obsessed with finding "mentors". which pretty much means someone they have 24/7 access to for answers on their homework.
they also find a guides, and badly rewrite them too without tweaking much.

and btw, pakis/indians are in math (or how they say "maths"). their post titles are "help" or "please help" instead of descriptive titles with the question. i could complain about them all day. they actively ruin the internet.

If only retards stopped responding and solving their problems. Posts like this are meant to just be downvoted and not even responded to.
Once again the normies are pissing on their own food.

I work at a shit helpdesk and I get tickets from these out of country street shitters all the time with the subject line "requesting help"

One literally asked me to pay for a skype call so they didn't have to pay international calling fees

trust me i do my part and downvote and report to mods every single time. it is the only kind of post i report. it is like nails on a chalkboard for me.
in downtime i am in chatrooms helping programmers. when "Rangu" comes in and says "can anyone help?", not posting the actual question, i just don't.

Jow Forums isn't good
and hasn't been good for the last 10 years.

Attached: 1196737132145.png (640x480, 299K)

>You would think with how people outside of Jow Forums view the site that this board would be worse off.
As it turns out, generalizations are often wrong. People implying Jow Forums is inherently bad don't understand the fact that the site is made up of multiple people and freely/heavily mixed. When all you do is focus on bad posts, and ignore any of the good ones, that's not the fault of the site/community. It also doesn't imply that people have to make low quality posts just because that's all you see at the time you browse in the threads you gravitate towards.
Likewise people complaining that it doesn't have a thread about topic X while ignoring the fact that they could make that thread.

People have no idea how to use or read imageboards or interact with a diverse group of people. This is the perfect platform to say and read whatever you find interesting, just because others find it interesting doing something you dislike doesn't prevent you from doing the same and interacting with people who share that interest.

Meanwhile on Reddit if you're not a carbon copy you're ousted.

Attached: 1477484458472.png (1800x1578, 199K)

What chatrooms are those? I'm looking for something moderated with people who know what they're doing / talking about. You only get threads like those once a year on Jow Forums and very rarely on reddit anymore and I'm starving for someplace else, some place that isn't infected and won't ever be.

Yes hello,
Do you have time to upload your mercury dolls to some decent file host today?

>It always feels like some big circle jerk.
so is gee
other chans are better for that, though.
this guy started to post all of a sudden. ur my 2nd favorite tripfag right after kakyoin with sunglasses poster.

IRC

There's coding den on >discord, although it's not as much about talking about programming language internals as it is about people passing by once in a millenia asking about basic problems

>why is it that the technology boards of reddit are generally shit?
signal/noise ratio is shit

Attached: 1519328942110.jpg (2404x1260, 827K)

>Unironically thinking those Anons made a mistake by not giving any (You)s to that retarded tripfag
Kill yourself.

but the Jow Forums circle speaks truth.
other circle-jerks are false.

Cats don't wear clothes dummy

That image sums up my problem with the current state of the web.
Smartphones were a mistake. The ultimate normie enabler...

I think the main problem was newfags came to quickly to be converted. Can't remember the last time someone told an user to lurk more.

mega.nz/#!K3BHCSRT!kYbLctaXR53o7GXhz3I31tEpCv6CzZJhClnLuL0iY9g

?

Attached: 1164487556285.jpg (515x593, 61K)

I personally find it hilarious that everything you personally shitpost on Jow Forums to try and shill your gay fruit toys gets aped by Jow Forums and thrown back at you to BTFO applel. BTFO, seethe, cringe, based, etc were all spammed solely by you in your iShit shill threads for years until Jow Forums decided that it should be directed at applel. I can only imagine how hard you're SEETHING at this moment in your mom's basement, evading 50 years of bans, while Jow Forums uses your memes to BTFO you. You are the laughingstock of Jow Forums and you don't even know it.

Attached: 1529845802521.jpg (1200x1200, 377K)

based

Thank you a whole bunch!

Attached: 2f69e6e23405aed7817ae66cc0582ef0.jpg (800x600, 298K)

>The only way, I've found, to talk to people who actually know what they're doing is to get into small, dedicated, maybe even local, groups.
Legit this. The smaller subreddits have always been somewhat comprised of people that are dedicated to that particular subject and are constantly active. Your best place for legitimate questions really is just stackoverflow, and sometime Jow Forums.

based

youtube.com/watch?v=vBaGqphYbE8

>calls somebody a retard
>tripfagging
kys

Is reddit really that worse than Jow Forums? I can't imagine how it could be worse than all the shilling, apple/intel/nvidia/amd btfo, sexdolls, thiny veiled woman hate thread, jobs thread and consumerist threads.

>Jow Forums
>giant circlejerk
>not a single thread without 100 people calling each others faggots and arguing from 100 different viewpoints
>unless the topic is a dumbshit dumbfuck like OP or SJWs who are so fucking retarded even people who hate each other and have completely opposing viewpoints have to put down their arms to deal with this emerged stinkbomb

Attached: 1546498331724.jpg (355x410, 11K)

Attached: 1164491392252.gif (400x400, 241K)

I think part of it is that people here take themselves a lot less seriously and are more self aware.
If someone here says something dumb they get shit on and torn a new asshole in a very blunt manner, but if you try disagreeing from the meta on reddit you get downvoted, and your post might get deleted. All that kind of removes any incentive to posting dissenting opinions or even arguing unless you know people will be on your side.
Arguments aren't won with logic and reasoning there, they're won with popularity.

There is also the fact that Jow Forums hobbyists tend to be skewed to the more extreme/advanced side of their hobbies, and reddit isn't like that at all. We meme about how retarded people here are but I'd still say the average Jow Forumsentooman is more competent than the average tech redditor.

I like how you can say nigger on Jow Forums. I'm not sure if reddit would allow that because they're part of the "internet is serious business" club.

Yep I think that says a lot. As soon as you say nigger or faggot or Jew on Reddit it stays in your history so any faggot you talk to on there goes and looks at your history and then turns the subject at hand to what a "Nazi" or "bigot" you are instead of actually putting forth any thought into the original subject. On Jow Forums if you call someone a faggot they call you a nigger back, and you can still argue about why OOP is garbage or if arrays in C are pointers or not.

1. Install Gento
2. Kill yourself

This kind of shit has started to become more problematic on Jow Forums, but for a different reason.
Few years ago when people used the word nigger or faggot they were just using them as insults without necessarily alluding to the specific reason. The site was also a lot less political back then.

Today, there are tons of people that constantly spam those words because they think it makes them cool, and it's not just a dumb little insult anymore. Now there are people trying to push their political agenda on the site and it really ruins the free speech element of this board imo.

Nigger. Nah I'm pretty sure I just called you nigger as a dumb insult. That's what I like about Jow Forums. Generalize all you want about the community, but the fact that it's all anonymous makes it way harder to actually prove anything.