Only the smartest can complete cyber security

We also do the most important IT jobs out there
saving the internet from criminals and foreign intelligence agencies

Infosec is BIGBRAIN only

Attached: 2e8syk.jpg (898x790, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1711.2/01701.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ooooOOOoooo look I can download METASPLOIT and...and SQLMAP...oh man I'm so fucking awesome

wow nice i remember the last time you posted this exact thread :)

Cybersecurity is like on the third level of regurgitating other people's code: using code other people wrote to exploit the errors in code other people wrote.
If you can't make anything you try breaking other people's stuff.
Bottom of the barrel of programming.

vulnerability research is the only true security field
if you aren't finding 0day in native binaries and weaponizing it your job is charlatan shit

Kys fucking losers

Vulnerability research is like regular testing but completely worthless since it doesn't contribute to the project,

maybe not your projects, i hope you realize how much money those bugs in real products are worth

For 99% of projects it's worthless. This entire field of research entirely depends on other people being shitty programmers and it doesn't contribute to those projects unless explicitly hired to do so. Imagine what could happen if you spent this time making products other people actually need.

This thread again? Anyone who isn't a double major of pure math and engineering is a meme degree. Us true chads can take on the most complex problems with ease while cyber sec use tools we made and act like it was a big deal.

>t. Web dev burnout whose mad he couldn't cut it
Not everyone can handle it kid, nothing personal

>GUYS IM STUDYING CYBERSEC IM SO FUCKING COOL DONT YOU WISH YOU WERE ME?

Attached: vr_sad.jpg (1211x955, 254K)

you need to understand who the customers are for vulnerability research, your mindset might not require these bugs, but others do

sure the average project doesn't need it, but there are huge surfaces that do, and get attention from them

shitty programmers aren't ever going to stop existing, and these bugs are worth so much due to how difficult they are to find and the skills required to find them being so esoteric

t. pajeet who doesn't understand why virtual memory exists

What do virtual machines have to do with this any retard can set up an ubuntu vm with oracle box or on aws.

>using a mac for VR
>letting the screen render
>leaving the screen on full brightness
>such a deep juxtaposition of guy on matress in corner and the green grass on rainbows on the screen. about as subtle as a hammer to the balls
retard art faggot alert

keep proving my point lil fella one day you'll figure it out

What did you expect from Liberal arts major.

>"[S]ecurity people are f*cking morons."
- Linus Torvalds

lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1711.2/01701.html

Nice quote out of context retard

> Some security people have scoffed at me when I say that security problems are primarily "just bugs".

>Those security people are f*cking morons.

Anyone that doesn't recognize that bugs are bugs is an idiot, but someone still needs to find them

cuz its fuckin cringeshit for autists

Security moron detected. You people make mountains out of molehills. You shill for gimmicks and fads like "memory safety". You're not welcome

>deja vu post

shiggy diggy

i don't shill for shit, i find the bugs shitty programmers like you introduce and sell them for hundreds of thousands of dollars
please keep using c for me

cringed.

>hundreds of thousands of dollars
>C zero days
Doubt, larp harder.
The majority of exploitable and thus valuable vulnerabilities are in the web and browser domain.

lmfao how little you know
how much do you think code exec in a pre-auth function for a bluetooth driver is worth?
how about an LPE in windows?
what about a hyper-v sandbox escape?
the last one's easy, microsoft itself will pay you 150k for reporting it

wait is that supposed to be art kek?

>runs scans
>generates reports
Sounds fun. Literally any other type of IT minus desktop support is better

>Microsoft will pay you 150k for reporting something easy
What

fuck off retard

>"memory safety"
>gimmick and fad

Attached: 1551751498401.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

every systems engineer needs to understand security...

studying security gives you a really narrow specialty and doesn't make you very marketable

Attached: laser-kiwi-flag.jpg (940x470, 58K)