/spg/ - Smartphone General

Tech Pajeet Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: A50.jpg (1346x906, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qj5HW0JpVE
youtube.com/watch?v=mxy_zUBwMhs
samsung.com/us/trade-in/frequently-asked-questions/
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&nHeightMax=155&sMakers=80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hello my friends much honored
here is a comparison of the Note 7 Pro vs A50 camera:
youtube.com/watch?v=6qj5HW0JpVE

Attached: 555.jpg (637x826, 76K)

Best phone that I can root and install Lineage for about $50? Used GS3? Or is there something newer?

Gonna buy the S10+ this afternoon
Someone stop me

Some redmi phones
Maybe redmi 4a or 4

When will we get world's first graphene smartphone ?

Attached: graphene power bank.gif (544x342, 3.82M)

Why do pajeets obsess this much over smartphones?

this shit is scarce, can barely find it anywhere, only see one 4A for $120

Its their only multimedia device
2poor4computers

>Why do pajeets obsess this much over smartphones?
It's not just pajeets it's all South East Asia, the phone is a status symbol there and people change it every 6 months, they wanna look fashionable but are poor so they endlessly compare "bang for your buck" for the midrange and such

GS3 is kinda old isn't it? Where I am you can get phones like used GS5, LG G2 or OPO for 50-60€

Get a S9 or S9+. They are on sale cause of the new devices. Literally not missing out on much.

ah yes, I have found a GS5 for US$70 .. can LGG2 and OPO be root'd and Lineage'd?

thanks, found many LG's for cheap, OPO a little overpriced probably due to low supply, but aren't these LG with the bootloop issues?

My phone already charges to full in 20 minutes.

>can LGG2 and OPO be root'd and Lineage'd?
Yeah

>but aren't these LG with the bootloop issues?
LG G2 was bootloop free, it was the later phones with that issue

Even Samsung S10+ is charged fully in 96 minutes.
Fast Charging my ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=mxy_zUBwMhs

Okay, technically the last five percents take more time, but in 20 minutes it gets enough charge to last for two days with moderate use, i.e. not playing games all day.

>in 20 minutes it gets enough charge to last for two days with moderate use
my phone charges in 2 minutes because i keep it in standby allt he time

Attached: Dq9ntjLXcAA09B6.jpg (856x846, 62K)

Only LG with widespread bootloop issue was the V10/G4/Flex 2/Nexus 5X, because of the Snapdragon 808/810 (everyone else had serious heat issues, but LG's soldering job + heat caused the board to warp. Kinda like the old PS3 and 360). Everything else is hearsay, hysteria and/or trying to cash in the bootloop lawsuit.

Need help

I preordered a galaxy S10 in the UK from virgin media.
The phone releases tomorrow but they said it'll ship the first week of April which is ridiculous.

Anyone know what's up with that?

I can't phone virgin media as I don't have a phone to do so and they don't have an email address.

Attached: 1525916247556.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

thanks, so I can get a LG G3 (Sprint) for $50 -- any reason why I shouldn't buy this? any issues with root or Lineage?

Cant they loan you something meanwhile it ships?

Galaxy S5 (Snapdragon 805 ver.), you can get it for ~50 if you hunt around eBay a bit. Its either the S5 Plus (G901F), or G906S/G906K/G906L for the Korean version, both officially supported up to 15.1/Oreo, not sure about Pie. Last Qualcomn 32-bit flagship. Higher and you get into 810/housefire territory.

Might be able to find a Nexus 6 (Motorola) around that price as well, same SoC.

Depends on what you're going to do with it. Sprint version may have band issues for LTE if you're not on their network obviously, but you might be able to unlock more bands with QPST + QXDM. Though I think if you look around, you can go slightly higher. With a phone that old, having a bit more juice to squeeze out can go a long way when running newer Android versions.

>lg
Enjoy spending your time watching never ending bootloops

>tfw fell for the S10+ meme

Attached: 1445387668509.gif (245x245, 1.99M)

>I can't phone virgin media as I don't have a phone
So you're buying a 950 quid phone but you don't have 30 to get a burner?

Also just go to a physical shop moron

Cant you cancel the pre-order and get it from somewhere else?

When is ColorOs 6 coming out??? Im still stuck on 8.1 that came out a year ago

So lads. S9+ or Pixel 3XL?

Both are on sale second hand, and pretty good prices for both. S10 too expensive for me atm.

I'm thinking of going with Pixel 3 XL, as much as people hate that notch, most on reddit and such eventually said they got used to it. Hence going with the superior camera/software on Pixel 3.

I'm in Ireland with three and it ships next week. Did you get a crazy config or something.

>tfw s10+ 1tb ships today

Hype

I don't do it professionally or anything but i do travel a vlog a lot mostly for family and friends and being able to edit the videos right on my phone is super enticing. i cannot wait!

What does "msi" next to the phone's name mean? I see instances of the same phone but the one with msi is more expensive. Google won't give me smartphone related answers.

just bought a mi mix 3 , how much did I fuck up

so it's basically between a GS5 and LGG3 for me, I don't care about LTE service so bands are a non-issue.. still concerned about LG quality even it doesn't bootloop. had experience with the samsung products in the past and I know they are high-quality.

>being able to edit the videos right on my phone is super enticing. i cannot wait!
Wtf dude what are you upgrading from that you think video editing is something new? The Note 9 would have been more suitable for that as well.

iPhone 6

Not a at all
Its beautiful

phew thanks for the reassurance

OH FUCK NO HEADPHONE JACK ???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Bluetooth headphones are a thing for years now

I'm not interested in Bluetooth headphones , guess it's won't kill me I'll just use a little adaptor fuck

On the bright side, at least it can charge while you have them plugged in.

>Pixel 3XL
this

I've never seen that. Post an example?

>buying anything other than a Pocophone
Cringe

Hurr Durr!
From 20 to 95 in twenty minutes means is slow as fuck!
Hurr!

>buying a pocophone

Cringe

Welcome in the club!
You get both the adapter cable and the wireless charger so there's no reason to be upset about the jack. The thick bezels that are photoshopped on the ad pictures and the lack of any waterproofing on the other hand ...

get the Pixel XL 3 only If you value computational photography (esp. in low light), and don't mind the notch, mediocre battery life and unbalanced speakers.
I'd get the Galaxy S9 because it's a great balanced phone.

should i buy pocomeme or samsung a50?

I'd go for the Poco if I didn't mind an LCD or boring looks and wanted top-notch performance.
Go for the A50 if you value an AMOLED and sexy design (though it's plastic).

>inb4 Pocophone

Attached: msi.png (592x450, 113K)

I'm not Mexican so this is purely a guess but does MSI = meses sin intereses make sense?

It makes total sense.

Attached: 1544928031851.jpg (461x1908, 130K)

>samsung currently offering a $550 trade in for the note 8
>see note 8s on ebay for $250-300
>buy used note 8
>get the s10e for $450-500
Should I do this?

Attached: 1551902050238.jpg (1153x1007, 140K)

What thick bezels, are you still talking about the Mix or am I missing something? I know they lied about the chin on the promo materials, but the actual thing still has thinner bezels (chin included) than anything I've seen.

My carrier only stocks S10+ 128GB

What the fuck

Attached: IMG_20190307_150922.jpg (2736x3648, 2.37M)

Galaxy s10 just arrived
ama

>Yes I got the Buds despite them saying they 'ran out'

yes

There's about 3mm bezel on the sides, which is battery visible on images. Yes it's the mix 3.

usually you need proof of purchase, prevents niggers from stealing a phone off somebody and trading it in

my 3 years old iphone 6 run out of power with just internet and GPS in 2 hours.

Attached: 1551939380162.jpg (980x1000, 399K)

no mention of proof of purchase being required:
samsung.com/us/trade-in/frequently-asked-questions/

Then just go ahead, what can go wrong?

Better specs then iPhone se
Removable battery (not that important)
Headphone jack
Expandable storage
Relatively not massive as fuck
Flat screen
Android
At@t or Verizon

Galaxy S10e

can confirm, as a resident of this shithole.

where can you buy it second hand? and how do you know they are in good quality?

What's a good phone if I only care about the camera and pretty much nothing else?
I only really use my phone for browsing the internet, phone calls and photos. Is it possible to get a good camera on a cheaper phone?

Attached: blessed image.jpg (377x604, 64K)

what country/carrier?

Is there any reason to not get the S10e instead of the S10? I don't phonefag a lot but the headphone jack on my S5 died after 5 years.

Yes. If u know how to install gcam

It's for girls and sissies.

>Is it possible to get a good camera on a cheaper phone?
Hello friend the Note 7 pro selling for 13,999 IRP has the best camera minus flagships right now

Attached: 9.jpg (586x785, 53K)

damn, Kyocera DuraXT looks aesthetic as fuck

i heard flip phone tent to have better reception than block smart phone?

Attached: file.png (450x575, 279K)

What are some good tips for ricing up my phone? Any recommended websites to check out for it?

Attached: Technical14.jpg (600x397, 196K)

Is Kimovil reliable? It says 2 phones in which I have 4G coverage don't.

how good of a camera do you want? and how big is your budget?

what phones and what carrier? Kimovil is usually accurate, especially for chinkphones, but it's not 100%.

can you unlock this phone and use it when traveling to other country?

Does Samsung have any sort of battery replacement program? I want the S10e, but I must know what it's gonna cost to replace that battery, in it out of warrenty

i want a redmi note 7 but the size is absurd. any smaller alternativefrom xiaomi with same or similar specs?

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&nHeightMax=155&sMakers=80

pretty sure they do, but couldn't find any prices online for battery replacement for the newer Galaxy phones. With Galaxy S6 it's $45 and S7 is $73 to replace the battery. You probably should contact their customer service to get more info.

Are there any news about phones with dedicated qwerty keyboards?

>Buy the MI9 SE as soon as the global version is available

VS

>Buy the Galaxy S10E once it's dropped in price (probably in the summer)

Attached: anime reaction image (9).png (756x715, 889K)

Still waiting for my s10 to ship

Attached: juney.jpg (667x646, 47K)

decided to order an s10+ today
are they taking that long? when did you order?

this indian brother knows his shit

fuck
meant for

Here's your phone you damn hobbit.

Attached: pic2.jpg (500x414, 18K)

Unless you need a phone RIGHT NOW, I'd say wait a bit for the S10E. There's going to be a bunch that will be returned that you can buy for half with no worry.

i need one before end of May.
don't want to go traveling with a crap camera.

>There's going to be a bunch that will be returned that you can buy for half with no worry.
How? Ebay?

You can get them straight from the carriers and big box stores. People will return phones that they barely used, and they will just turn around and resell them at reduced prices. You only have about 14 days to return them, they have to be in good condition, so you can be reasonably sure they are fine. Plus, they let you buy the accidental plan, just like a new one

S10 arrives tomorrow boys!
Got my background sorted already.

Attached: 8l7tlgsv3ok21.jpg (1440x2960, 74K)

Ordered the 26th of February.
I read it all depends on the color you pick. Ceramics are definitely an issue and so is green (the one I picked).
Blacks are good

fuck me, also picked green

Does playing audio drain battery fast? I'm using LineageOS 15 and play music overnight on my phone and it'd be missing like 50% of its battery from being fully charged within that timespan.

Is it on airplane mode or are you streaming? If you are streaming or don't set it AM, the wifi and cell phone antenna are still on and still draining