Finally switched back to Firefox

Feels good man. Feels good being on the good guys team again.

- Firefox on desktop
- Brave on mobile (inb4 >hurr durr it's its own botnet - it's only for shitbrowsing anyway, all the most important things I access through my desktop browser have their own dedicated apps on mobile etc)

I went full botnet at the end of 2014. I went through a very difficult and traumatic period in my life, I didn't care about anything else, I thought fuck it, I just need to simplify everything else for minimal stress from other sources. So I think after 4+ years this is a sign I've finally recovered from that time period. I just wanted to let my fellow FireFrens know.

Attached: mozilla-firefox-quantum-vs-google-chrome.jpg (1000x659, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html
prism-break.org/en/all/#web-browsers
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/addons.html
defectivebydesign.org/
stallman.org/netflix.html
popcorntime.sh/
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.gnu.icecat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>faggot fox
did you ask for a botnet with your browser?

spyware.neocities.org/guides/firefox.html

>switches from one botnet to another
>uses Pajeet browser on mobile

Attached: 8474739.jpg (200x199, 10K)

>good guys team

Attached: donotread.webm (566x424, 42K)

Nice blog faggot.

Nice blog, my man. Anyways, how's the font rendering? Last time I tried Firefox, fonts looked like shit compared to Chromium.

Some botnet is inevitable due to the way the net is today. To go full non-botnet you have to use a text-based browser or do what Stallman does. It's not practical in real life.
That guy makes some good points but then he also makes stupid points like
>hurr durr default dearch engine!!!!!! BOTNET!!!!!!!!
that undermine his credibility.

Attached: Brock_Vulpix[1].png (640x480, 431K)

Stop shilling your shitty website

Attached: gender confused dinosaur.png (500x500, 13K)

>To go full non-botnet you have to use a text-based browser or do what Stallman does. It's not practical in real life.
>what is ungoogled-chromium

>no way to disable mommy mozilla update nagging
>response from devs is, "why would you want to disable mommy mozilla nagging? mommy mozilla knows best."

.... why?

>Some botnet is inevitable due to the way the net is today.

>no way to disable mommy mozilla update nagging
Either use a version compiled without an updater or use a custom policies.json

when you say mommy i just get hard
but yes past 64 the constant
>update now its good for you
is fucking aids

I wasn't denying that. However your claim seems more like Firefox is the least botnet browser while still being relatively usable, which simply is not the case

When did I sign up for your shit blog? Oh right I didn't.

Why do you faggots post shit like this? For the slide?

OP here, the last guy who you responded to wasn't me.
But explain to me how ungoogled-chromium is better than Firefox. Firefox is properly maintained by a huge professional team. ungoogled-chromium isn't even a product is a bunch of shit you have to put together and maintain yourself.

>updates
is not 'botnet'. updates are good you retard.
>oy vey, updates, how terrible!

Hard to accept this from a group of people supposedly about privacy. "Just do a bunch of stupid shit because we removed an easy checkbox for no good god damned reason."

>dedicated apps for individual websites

Attached: 1542349588748.jpg (720x663, 44K)

You don't have to put it together yourself at all. There's maintained repos for many Linux distros and Woolyss does Windows builds.
>it's not a product
>huge professional team
It gets developed by a Google dev team. How much more of a huge professional team could you ask for? The botnet then simply gets patched out by a bunch of people that are interested in doing so.

>not using lynx

>email
>calendar
>maps
i also run a small biz, i sell through
>ebay
>etsy
and the ebay money goes into
>paypal
You think I should do all that through the browser on my phone?

also
>YouTube
>TuneIn
>Hangouts (yeah I use Hangouts to talk to a few people)
>Translate, once in a while
I should do all of that through the browser on my phone?

Who is 'Woolyss'?
And what if I want to support Firefox for being the only thing standing between Google and 100% control of all web standards?

>paypal
kek they could literally shut down your account because they feel like it one day.

Not him but that goes for all online pay services. There is no truly neutral or fair or whatever you wanna call it semi anonymous or safe online payment service. But fuck paypal bunch of cunts.

Anything could literally happen one day.
If you acutally want to do things and have a life then you have to use some normie shit.
Have you ever left your mother's basement?

prism-break.org/en/all/#web-browsers

btw google, roof vents aren't chimneys.

>and Woolyss does Windows builds.
Not him, but they seem to be outdated.
I literally tried the latest build yesterday and it's the v69(more numbers), which is like 2 or 3 main versions behind.
I wanted to try out this Canvas Deception flags stuff, but I couldn't because v69 just doesn't have them.

imagine being blind

Attached: IMG_20190307_200131.jpg (1080x795, 201K)

Imagine having a README filled with pointless garbage instead of what actually matters.
This is where the GitHub Repository tells you to go to for Windows builds:
ungoogled-software.github.io/ungoogled-chromium-binaries/

And pic related is what you get.

Attached: ungoogledchromium.png (544x494, 25K)

It's not like the guy will search the whole web for fags who compile his shit.

At the very least, he should provide a source that tries to stay up to date.
Then again, I checked this Woolyss guy builds and they also don't have Canvas Deception anyway.
I guess it's a Linux exclusive thing.

Nice blog, faggot

feels good man

Attached: katrina_ninetales[1].png (300x225, 85K)

Use GNU IceCat, a libre browser that protects your freedoms and privacy. Even RMS uses it.

Attached: logo.png (1024x1024, 151K)

I get adding botnet to GNU IceCat ruins the point, but I want to know if:
Firefox Sync works
Browser extensions work
DRM works (need to watch muh netflix)

Attached: rms_absolutelyproprietary.jpg (480x451, 57K)

>DRM works (need to watch muh netflix)
No. That's one of their selling points.

>paying for netflix
>watching it in a browser

Attached: really.jpg (322x504, 35K)

I'm not paying for netflix faggot. I'm using someone else's netflix.

Attached: rms_smile.jpg (1200x1200, 223K)

>Firefox Sync works
Yes. (Although I recommend you set up your own syncing server).
>Browser extensions work
Yes, you can even download them from the Mozilla add-ons site.
Please use GNU's own libre add-on list if you can.
gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/addons.html
>DRM works
No. DRM is an unethical practice that relies on propietary software.
defectivebydesign.org/
>(need to watch muh netflix)
Netflix, like many other dis-services, uses DRM, propietary software, and even requires you to identify yourself to pay.
stallman.org/netflix.html
Use Popcorn Time instead. It's a free and open source program that streams pirated movies using torrents.
It's available on GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Windows and Android.
popcorntime.sh/
Please tell your friend to stop supporting these unethical practices.

Anybody know a good mobile browser?

IceCatMobile.
f-droid.org/en/packages/org.gnu.icecat

Stallman? Is that you? You type exactly like him. It's like I can hear his voice through the screen.
>Yes. (Although I recommend you set up your own syncing server).
Definitely considering it. Only problem is I'm a distro hopping brainlet who completely lacks organizational skills, so it'll be rather difficult.
>Yes, you can even download them from the Mozilla add-ons site.
>Please use GNU's own libre add-on list if you can. gnu.org/software/gnuzilla/addons.html
Thanks!
>Use Popcorn Time instead. It's a free and open source program that streams pirated movies using torrents.
Thanks for suggesting an alternative instead of just "don't use it."

>Please tell your friend to stop supporting these unethical practices.
Will consider it. I don't want to look like autist.

Attached: rms_greenismypepper.png (592x1836, 221K)

>pirating
>preaching about ethics

they also eat foot fungus because it's free in both senses

>pirating is unethical
IP law is unethical, dumbass.
IP law and property rights are incompatible.

you can disable the shit fucking easy, retard

>windows
lol
don't bother, why does everyone give a fucking shit?
if you are on windows all of your shit is reported, regardless. just use whatever fucking browser you want. Privacy isn't possible.

Based. Come home, white man

Attached: 1546600613283.jpg (250x250, 24K)

Because a browser is literally the most obvious attack surface of any personal computer, so not keeping it updated is monumentally stupid.

Fennec, Bromite, Firefox Focus

Attached: jeremiah johnson gif.gif (235x240, 1.85M)

In a week you'll hate it and go back to the botnet.

I mean, that's not really true if you use Windows 8.1 and tweak it correctly, but hey, whatever pham, I don't even care about the privacy aspect of Ungoogled Chromium, just about the Canvas Deception flag.

Jow Forums is not your blog, go back to plebbit. No one cares that you enjoy swimming around in the botnet. Also upvoted because OP is a massive faggot.

Attached: 1538976013298.jpg (326x324, 50K)

Learning Japanese
What does the kanji mean?
The rest is shiterusawako, right?
(just learned hiragana, pls no bully)

Attached: 1550900760263.jpg (1080x1080, 148K)

愛 「あい」 is "love"

>he doesn't know ungoogled chromium icecat and Brave make it specifically easy for Google Facebook Twitter and Cloudflare to access your entire browsing history
>What is fingerprinting and what are zombie cookies

The only way to escape is either Tor or Firefox in Tor mode. You non ironically have better privacy with Chrome than any of its forks due to fingerprinting.

Whoever thinks this is a troll seriously needs to read some introduction into information theory and how entropy works.

Explain to me the logic behind the word Ai.
I thought it meant love as a female name but some people have it written as grief instead of love but still it is Ai.

What is the reasoning behind this.

wrong

>neocities
Is it 1998 again?

I'm really confused how firefox is botnet? I've used it for over a decade exclusively for day to day. I turn off all the mozilla telementary requests and then I run an adblocker, a script blocker, a script executor, https enforcer, and a pixel/tracker bocker. Sometimes I even have a second adblocker to catch anything the first one misses.

I never see ads, I never get pop-ups or banners. I know facebook can't track me (also I don't use fb), so one of you enlightened trolls tell me how I am actually part of the bot net with this setup, and if you can do that (doubtful) then list your system and specs. Because you're all limp dicks as far as I can tell.

I couldn't figure out what you were going on about. Then I read and checked my version, I'm running a pre-64 version. Is it really going to be that bad if I ever update? The firefox I know allows to select 'check updates' manually-only.

Google :security about:config.

It's a shit business

>I turn off all the mozilla telementary requests
Don't you see what's wrong here?

No not really. Not him but I specifically enable telemetry. Why are you so scared of it it is literally open source to check what is send. What gets send is for example how you interact with the ui or which features actually are used to determine where future money should go to not which loli you last fapped to. Do you think the development costs zero dollar or what.

People complain about Mozilla not focusing on what user wants. At the same time people want to furiously disable telemetry.

Don't you see what's wrong here?

Seriously this list is the most newfag shot I have seen in a long time even worse that people actually listen.

This guy advertisers shit like ungoogled and icect while not understanding that those browsers allow Google to see your entire browsing history. What is fingerprinting...

Ok.

>Don't you see what's wrong here?
No bro, I don't. So long as it's an option and they are forthright about it disabling all telemetry then I am 100% on board. In this day and age of orwellian surveillance where you can not opt-out I don't mind unticking two boxes in firefox settings. Especially when cunts like google and microsoft have 15 different sections hidden in different areas, and sub menus hidden within those, to turn off all their invasive privacy destroying practices. It takes 30 minutes to audit a google account to make sure all it's spyware is turned off (yes, I know they can still spy, but I'm talking about the stuff that overtly saves to databases.)

Firefox is still better than anything else out there. I have yet to see someone list a browswer that is on par with firefox in features, moderninity, and extensions that comes out of the box as non spy-ware.

From 新明解国語辞典:
>Treating something as if it were irreplacable
>Not looking to let go of something useful
>Having a deep interest in something you like

Attached: Screenshot_20190308-103713.jpg (1439x2238, 523K)

I'm not happy about their attitude either, I'm just saying "no way to disable" is simply wrong.

>have their own dedicated apps on mobile
That's even worse than Brave.

>spends a little bit longer every time to open a web page

tfw this shit accumulates and op ends up living a full less year than me because he's an elitist firefox faggot.

How do you expect them to improve the software dumbass

might as well just get this out of the way
动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

By listening to feedback by those who give enough of a shit to make suggestions instead of spying on everyone.

If it's more than a checkbox, it's harder than it needs to be and intentionally obfuscated for no good reason.

If its on Windows or presumably Mac, yes. I don't have any problems with FF running under nix.

Updates are attacks on your system.
Never, ever ever ever update unless something is broken.
If it works let it keep working for as long as possible.
Systems always fail, so the less you mess with them the longer they will last.

>he believes someone cares about his personal info

GLOWING

anonymous data is not spying

>"anonymous" but good enough to uniquely identify you

This is your mind on Windows

how? Show your work