Mumble is fucking dead. Discord is currently the best way to do group calls

>last updated on 2017-01-27

RIP in piece, Mumble.

Now that Mumble is officially a dead project, can we all move to Discord?

There's literally nobody in the Jow Forums Mumble server so let's stop trying to support this dead software and migrate to Discord for our group voice calls.

Attached: 2000px-icons_mumble-svg.png (2000x2000, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/2728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I used it yesterday with about 6 friends

>Jow Forums discord
i support this idea, that way all the redditors will go there and leave the board in peace

As long as some public servers will be still available some rigid oldfags won’t migrate.

Sad discord isn’t going open source EVER

sure, kid

>last commit 3 days ago

>he thinks fixing typos is significant
>he's in denial

github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/2728
stupid nigger

Everyone is in the cock.li mumble

>empty promises
>no release as stated

yeah yeah

Welcome to Mumble.
Still literally no reason to change to Discord.

>Everyone is in the cock.li mumble
Be honest. Nobody is there. There's more people posting ITT than that server.

>Still literally no reason to change to Discord.
Nobody is using your shitty mumble because they use discord now. That's a reason.

I don't use Discord or Mumble you imbecile shill.
Also none of my friends use Discord cause unlike you they haven't been recently declared clinically brain dead.

>Jow Forums Mumble server
>Jow Forums Discord
>implying I want or need to hear your faggot moaning

Attached: 1485127765992.jpg (352x468, 81K)

kill yourself you glowing cia nigger discord tranny shill

Mumble is still lower latency, higher audio quality, and much more secure (I can run a server myself for free) than Discord and every other option.
I put up with Teamspeak 3 for Mechwarrior online because my clan already had a server and don't wanna bother convincing 40+ people to install mumble and conect directly to me, but i use mumble for every 3v3 or 5v5 game I play.
Discord did replace skype for me for a while but it's gotten worse every year; I was in the beta and it was much better less intrusive software, not trying to sell you smilies for $15/mo, or sell you games on a platform that's worse than steam/epic/uplay/bnet/etc. Nu-discord has gotten too big and is too exploded with xiggers, furries, pedos, and just plain morons, who I'd rather not waste my time with. I still use Pidgin for IM. It has a discord plugin I use for people who won't switch. I also have Ripcord installed but I rarely bother using it.
There are multiple Jow Forums discords, and pretty much everyone in them have only been on Jow Forums for a year or less. It's mostly smartphone shilling, laptop buying guides / thinkpad circlejerking, AMD/Intel/Nvidia "discussion" and desktop-posting (there's a dedicated channel in both of the two i looked at specifically for posting your desktop). They are absolutely pathetic. I've never posted in them at all, and I've only joined them to observe, like a zoologist, the newfa/g/ in his unbridled habitat. I was eventually purged for not being "Active" - perhaps they thought I was a CIA ni/g/ger. Let's just say that this board would be even worse if not for these small containment pockets. But they are even worse than you imagine. Also lots of trannyposting, but I didn't join the NSFW channels on any of them.

What makes you think that software is dead if it's not updated? Personally I think mumble is a completed project and doesn't need any more updates.

Kys (((OP)))

Attached: followup.png (559x527, 43K)

>last update is in 2019
You're fucking retarded. The devs already said they're too autistic to release 1.3.0 stable and you should use 1.3.0 dev edition because it doesn't have any critical bugs.

Do you have any fucking idea how much Mumble has improved in 1.3.0? Stop shitposting.

I bet you're a paid discord shill sent here because users are actually dropping discord recently. And yes, there's plenty of people on Mumble that aren't on discord.

Discord has the lowest latancy that's why people use it. You have to live close to a data center thou.

Discords mobile app is laggy com's thou on mobile Skype is fastest

The ultimate solution thou is to only play with people IRL or use ham radio analogue is always faster even over half the globe

And ya incase you wondering its impossible to make other programs faster than discord on pc or Skype for mob with quicker codecs they don't make up for it its fundamental to how they made and structured

>discord
but i'm neither a furry, a tranny or have autism

Fairly sure deep down every one is one of them things

I do believe 33% of world is strait 33% is queer and 33% is just fucked up cunts that are ligit self evil bustards shouldn't have sex and know their place

> If decently functioning software hasn't seen an update in two years, it is DEAD DEAD DEAD and not good enough for me
You are why software gets shittier with time, OP.

Watch the battle nonsense video on it and understand what distributed networks are

Of course some one could make some thing as fast as discord PC or Skype mob

But they haven't as it requires investment

You can't just buy some services with out millions of idiotic Angel investors or bank which discord and Microsoft have

It's network shit its not just programming or client software

I know this is a joke but there are people that seriously think that the need for updates is a good thing. As if the expectation is that software should be unfinished and broken. Needing constant, daily maintenance, rather than something that actually does what it's intended to do at the time you actually installed it.

The fact that mumble has a stable client that has worked for multiple years without needing an update should be considered a good thing when the competition requires more maintenance more frequently. That's an embarrassment, not a bragging point.
>update available, the thing you expected to work yesterday when you wanted it, works today!

This is completely ignoring the fact that this trend started with mobile developers realizing they can get free advertising by pushing updates daily to be bumped to the top of the "recently updated" list and nothing more.
Check the changelogs for most things on your phone, the message is always the same vague nonsense.
>various bugfixes and improvements
such as what?

The problem is people think features are technological advancement not speed

Its possible technology has not actually improved software has just got faster and we live in a conspiracy that says it has and are sold features as advancements

Features are not improvements on software they are new software

Use the fastest thing for a task you want from day 1 and only upgrade if it gets faster

If you want new features don't consider it a upgrade or improvement but a new invention and reassess the fastest for that task

People that fail to realise this are the same people who hate on CRT and analogue music and spend 500$ on keyboards and mice rather than a 8000hz 10$ mouse and 20$ red clone

Its sad I mostly blame iPhone marketing for this feature fetish over actual advancement

What if a 200mhz CPU is actually as fast as a 5ghz one with the right coded software

Look into it

Nobody is going to read your posts if you format them that way. Please try better next time.

use Teamspeak faggots

>proprietary voip
Why would you do that?

Yeah I used it earlier today with about 2 friends too

no that is just some nonsense alfred kinsey came up with after a fraudulent investigation into human sexuality.

Yes I'm sure natural selection means we all get to fall in love..

You realise only like 5% of humans experience love every one els just wants it so bad they convince them self they found it and its these fake "I want to be strait too" relationships that produce failure kids that then don't reproduce at all

Yes making a post 20% larger will make it unreadable

You dumb cunt

>Do you have any fucking idea how much Mumble has improved in 1.3.0?
then why not release it?

It's funny that this "dead" project do its job better than your shitty social network.

Sorry this upsets you, just telling you the truth. Your anger is misdirected.

>work in progress is no progress

*did

As an ex-Mumble fanbiy having it used and shilled on a daily basis since around 08/09 up until 2016, I can reliably say that the lack of non-engineers killed the project.
The UI never got any big major rehauls, was not pretty to look at and the setup was clunky and bothersome.

Not to mention that the chat / comment box had no history nor offline messages and was heavily limited for multimedia purposes.

It was a godsend with it's extreme low latency and high quality communication in a time where TS2 dominated the market but they lost the lead and never improved anything else.

Attached: 1546806735559.png (700x563, 522K)

This