doc.lagout.org/programmation/Smalltalk/Smalltalk - Objects and Design.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for RPN

working on bubble sorting in visual basic now, going to move up to html soon

Today I will work on leetcode

Am I the only who thinks this
for (;;)
looks like a cute loli vampire?

What are some good non-trivial projects to build for a junior dev portfolio?

Botnet. ecommerce backend.

HTML ISN'T A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE, IT'S A MARKUP LANGUAGE REEEEE GET OUT MY /DPT/ REEEEEEEEEE

>he doesn't have a programming bonsai

Attached: 0.png (892x562, 50K)

I'm looking at getting into Python programming, at least starting with a relatively small game that I've had the idea of for a little while now.
No idea how to get started, though.

Something I thought about was making my own web server and just hosting some site.
It can be extended with new features infinitely.
Even better if you do it without using a framework. More badass that way.

What about building your own framework? Would that take too much time?

just transfer your skills from a language you do know
python makes a lot of stuff trivial

Sadpanda scrapper

Haha, that's the problem. I don't know any other programming language. From some quick searching, Python isn't an overly hard language to get into.

pygame is good for prototyping, assuming your game idea is 2D and not 3D.

dr0id.bitbucket.io/legacy/pygame_tutorial00.html

Trying to get drunk enough to feel motivated to either work on the game engine I am paid to work on or to go back to doing a music synthesizer engine I've been working on in my spare time.

>game engine I am paid to work on
which one? I am curious

Yeah, the idea I had in mind was 2D, so thanks for the suggestion!

Attached: 1551991893515.png (892x562, 33K)

did you make this image?

>game engine I am paid to work
??????????????????

I want these in wallpaper size

how about you incorporate the music synthesizer into the game engine? i would love to play a game with music generated on the fly :)

tell me how u got these u slut

no

Attached: ff.png (1920x1080, 37K)

going to make a matrix client in java

github.com/kamax-matrix/matrix-java-sdk

>tfw turning 26 in a few weeks and unless I fuck up an interview this meme is going to be my life
Still an upgrade.

you have an interview with Google? nice

pls ill do anything

Unity

nice, is mike acton a cool guy in person?

Don't give yourself a hear-attack grandpa.

Is there literally anything someone hasn't already done before?

1. downloaded your image
2. horizontal inverted it
3. changed the colors balance

How do I into OOP? And should I even bother? I always feel like I'm just overcomplicating things and limiting myself with not much benefit, and eventually end up with a fucking mess.

I don't even know how this happened, I barely know how to code in matlab and only started learning python a month ago, I still sort of feel like I'm being pranked

What should i build with Haskell?

you're asking the wrong guy

Attached: 0.png (1086x674, 59K)

>I always feel like I'm just overcomplicating things and limiting myself with not much benefit, and eventually end up with a fucking mess.

That is what OOP is, you have already understood.

a job market ;_;

Read Object Thinking by David West.

are you by chance a disabled woman of color?

no. Unless you take existing software and rewrite it from scratch to have the same or similar functionality, except you make it as small as possible. Why? It's more secure, easier to read, and runs faster. We're pretty much at a wall with hardware, where the improvements year after year are dwindling. Software optimization will do more to speed up a computer than anything else.

That was impressive..

1 out of 3 but the recruiter had no way of knowing.

yes but you have to dig deep

Learn Smalltalk.

so how did you get the interview? nepotism?

I'd love to do that, but I'd probably cop out and just add an MML interface for composition rather than releasing a proper sequencer. :/

gitlab.com/jallbrit/bonsai.sh
not mine

What should I call this?

def ???(m):
iters = {name: iter(value) for name, value in m.items()}
while True:
yield {name: next(value) for name, value in iters.items()}

Awesome, just delete the spaces, thank you.

Well I hope you end up doing something you love user :)

get_next_iter

Follow Yegor's blog and read his books.

much love

>Jow Forums and the internet in general gives me the impression that it's hard to get a tech job
>apply to a junior position at some gigantic multi-national corporation, that's also right next to two universities
>think they'll ask for 4.0GPA or whatever americans call it, unpaid internship, hardcore tech interview etc
>after a simple interview, after making sure I'm not a school shooter and know fizzbuzz, they say they'll take me, and even give training plus a ~median salary, with flexible hours
>she tells me they couldn't find anyone since november
Just a reminder that we are all gonna make it

Attached: 1529000671540.jpg (599x800, 49K)

nit

Whatever you want, user. I've been doing some more 'practical' stuff with haskell, and this has been very useful:
haskell.fpcomplete.com/syllabus

How about 'qux'?

Google interview question I got:
Given a string of characters output the biggest palindrome you can form from it. You don't have to output the ties, just one.

doc.lagout.org/programmation/Smalltalk/Smalltalk - Objects and Design.pdf

use pygame and make a rectangle move around with the arrows as a starter and go from there

Look for pairs of characters, and put an extra one between them?

>she tells me they couldn't find anyone since november
I always thought this was a meme, but it really is true
I've been looking for someone to fill a Java/Webdev spot for months and it's impossible to find anyone who isn't completely incompetent dinosaur and all the fucking zoomers only want to work at bitcoin startups
I see why all the bigger tech companies have to turn to pajeets now

Attached: 1551836524975.jpg (1376x774, 168K)

?

0 string is palindrome
1 string is palindrome a
2 string is palindrome aa

Algortihms add same character on first and last part string

Even length every character has a pair
Odd same as even but plus one character on middle.

Count number each letter.
Add every lettler if is even number, if some odd exist put one in middle.

>completely incompetent dinosaur
as a 31 year old just starting a programming career out of grad school, do I count as a dinosaur to most interviewers?

>I always feel like I'm just overcomplicating things and limiting myself with not much benefit, and eventually end up with a fucking mess.
That's usually a result of learning procedural programming first and then object-oriented programming. You have to forget everything you learned before. Object-oriented programming isn't just procedural programming with different names for things ("variables" are called "attributes" and "functions" are called "methods" and "namespaces" are "classes"). It's a whole different paradigm and you need to change the way you think and the way you design your solutions. Read pic related.

Attached: EO_vols1&2.jpg (3023x3023, 752K)

?
let the string be "lkfjlskdfjkjjeirotummbmmmasnmdbasd"

output the biggest palindrome you can form from it

I learned programming basics awhile back, but decided to get back into it, recently.
I'm reading through Apple's "Intro to App Development with Swift" book to learn how to make an iPhone app.

Once I'm finished with this book, what should I do?
I've only ever followed along with videos in the past, and now this book.
I'd like to start doing work that's most similar to what I'd do in a workplace, but I have no idea what that would be or where I can find tasks like that online.

Are the tasks that websites like Codewars and HackerRack similar to what I'd get in work tickets?
Are those a good place to start for something like that, or are there better websites that emulate operate work tickets to learn from?

I have heard someone from HR say this, not about software dev, but forklift drivers
However they barely wanted to pay them minimum wage, and expected all qualifications. Maybe the offer isn't good enough for zoomers who have to pay the same for a month's rent than their grandparents did for a new car

you sure that was palindrome, not anagram?

>out of grad school
not yet dinosaur, but certainly incompetent

yes

yes.

>Anagram
>check all combinations
>is it a word? return

>"We see you have a Master's in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Electrical Engineering, but since you haven't built a barn you're not up to what we expect from a candidate for this entry-level position"

Attached: what_is_real.png (793x1185, 79K)

>Object-oriented programming isn't just procedural programming with different names for things
OOP is an organizational structure around procedural programming
if you think they're different or incompatible you're an idiot

> I always feel like I'm just overcomplicating things and limiting myself with not much benefit, and eventually end up with a fucking mess.
That's OOP. The obsession with classes makes every language shit, because classes are a shit concept. Classes merge namespaces, object templates, and types together for no fucking reason.

there's a reason, it's just not always applicable

This is std::iota, say something nice about her.

Attached: function.jpg (479x130, 9K)

Dump every character in a hashmap, count their occurence.
C++ has the perfect syntax for this, map[a]++;
Iterate through the hashmap, if a count is >=2 append that character, and reduce it by 2. Repeat until it's 1 or 0, then next iter. If you are done, and the map isn't all zeros, take a random one and append it to the end. Then reappend every character but the last using a stack.

MMMJJKKSSDDLFBAEABFLDDSSKKJJMMM

is it possible to create a java GUI that works on both desktop java and android without much effort?

I don't wanna discuss semantics, but that's a bad thing and precisely the opposite of what OOP is. You sound like you just attended a Java bootcamp and feel like you know everything there is to know about OOP, and yet you don't even know who Alan Kay is.
>obsession with classes
Classes aren't an essential element of OOP. They're ancillary at best.

Why is there so many people here so opinionated about and eager to talk about things they don't understand in the slightest? Like, at least read a single book about the subject before spouting disinformation online!

It's rarely applicable. The whole static class member thing is just an admission that OOP doesn't make sense unless classes are objects too. (Might as well use Python or Ruby.) Anonymous classes are an admission that not everything needs a class. There's this pervasive sense of indirection that comes from OOP. Every problem requires some kind of pattern to shore up the weakness of the language.

>java GUI that works on both desktop java and android without much effort?
yeah, a web app made in Java

>You sound like you just attended a Java bootcamp and feel like you know everything there is to know about OOP
I have been programming in OOP for 15 years but yeah I don't know who Alan Kay is I must be a noob

I don't mean dinosaur as in just old age

I mean people who are stuck in the past and clueless about anything that was invented in the past 20 years

If we got a 80 year old who could do fizzbuzz and at least knew what React was, that would be an instant hire

Admitting that not every problem is compatible with OOP is not a weakness of OOP

>web
not programming

>not programming
Wrong. Try again.

Why larp on an online Sichuan noodle-pulling imageboard?

What the hell's React

You've obviously been doing a shit job for the past 15 years then.

Why do book-educated CS students love to pretend like they know everything

I dunno I think $100k is pretty damn decent for 3-5 years of experience in Houston
Yeah you can make more in Silicon Valley, but here you're not expected to work 16 hours a day and cost of living is super low

No you aren't required to know the names of famous programmers to be any good at your job