WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

>walk into a verizon store
>girl walks up to me, says "hi how can i help you"
>i say "i am here to buy a phone"
>she asks for my account number, says "ok i just need you to sign in here to make changes to the account" >tries to hand me a tablet with sign in page
wut.jpg
>i say "no im not making changes to the account, im buying a phone"
>she says "yes but you have to log in to do that"
i become visibly confused at this point
>i say "no no you misunderstand, i am not changing my phone plan, i want to buy a new phone, just the hardware, and put my sim card out of my old phone and into the new phone"
>she says i still need to sign in
>i ask her what would happen if i just bought a phone from amazon, would i need to call verizon before putting in my sim card or something?
>she says no
>i ask her if these phones in the store are locked or unlocked, she says they are unlocked
>so what is the difference? why do i need to sign in?
We are both visibly agitated at this point, male sales person walks over
>he says some vague shit, "it is for the inventory system" or some retarded shit
>i tell him, "i am not here because this is a verizon store, i am here because this is a phone store. all i want to do is hand you $800 and walk out of here with a piece of hardware"
>he says "yes but we need to verify you own the account before--"
i interrupt him
>"i am not making changes to the account, i feel as though i must be missing something here"
>he says the same thing again about the inventory system or some shit

>silence among all 3 of us for about 10 seconds
?i turn 360 degrees and walk out

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK HAPPENED THERE. AM I MISSING SOMETHING??? WHY THE FUCK WAS THAT SO FIFFICULT??? i'm going to by my fucking phone off the internet, FUCK VERIZON

Attached: feels_rage.jpg (601x601, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/#retail
totalwireless.com/serviceplan
amazon.com/Total-Wireless-Alcatel-MyFlip-Prepaid/dp/B07GC6FXZ2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>paying $800
>for a phone

Attached: he cute.jpg (245x249, 10K)

Why didn't you just buy it off the Internet in the first place? It's cheaper anyway.

Just order it online dawg. Usually cheaper asweöö

>360 degrees
user...

newfag

>i'm going to by my fucking phone off the internet
So, now, rather than just signing a friggin form, you're giving someone your address and banking info over the internet? Brilliant!

Attached: tardation.jpg (490x427, 188K)

I'll do it wit my mom's account

>tfw I don't live in an oppressive capitalist hellhole and can enjoy my cyber freedom in peace

Attached: Computer.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

360 degrees is the same direction
Did you mean 180 degrees?

You are so new it hurts. It hurts us all.

Hi and welcome to 4channel, hope you're enjoying your first day here!

newfag detected. Lurk more or fuck off.

this

Please stop being so new newfag

Attached: fd1.gif (300x200, 46K)

Let's check ourselves before checking others shall we fags?

Lmao this happened to me too

>mom needs new phone
> wants dumb phone
>Amazon only has phones with shit reviews
> see good phone
> Verizon only
> we use AT&T
>see good phone
> only 3g
>go to store and AT&T has a good dumb phone in 4g
> just login bro
> fine
>I'm not the account holder
> can't login
> just want to give them my money and leave
> told i need to bring my mom in person to the store
> she has bad knees so going outside or walking is hard
> end up buying shit phone on Amazon
>working fine so far

OP has to be the retardedEST person on the planet. If you had simply said "I don't have an account with Verizon, and I'd like to buy a phone" then everything would have been fine.

Ironic-Zoomer-retro-nu-fag detected

>okay, we'll help you buy a phone. please make an account with us

>SIM
>Verizon
And that's how I know this is bullshit. If you take your SIM out of a Verizon phone and place it in an unlocked phone you won't be able to make voice calls or send/receive SMS/MMS because those aren't done over the GSM portion of their network. Also, the phones in their store absolutely are carrier locked. You *do* have to sign in, but it's more like a "take a number and wait your turn" kind of thing, and lets them know who you're waiting for. If it's a problem with your current device, they'd put you in the queue for a repair tech, if you're there to buy a new phone then they'd put you in the queue to deal with a salesperson.
>b-b-but I just wanted to buy a phone and leave
They give zero shits about what you want. To them, you're an "opportunity". That's LITERALLY what they call customers. They want nothing more than to look at your account because they want to sell you products and services, and most of all UPSELL. They want to look at your rate plan and see if they can bolt on more features because they get a commission from that. If you buy a phone at retail and leave, they make just their minimum wage. If they can switch you from, say, a 2GB data plan to a 4GB data plan, they get 100% of your first month as commission. So let's say the 4GB plan is $20/mo, that's $20 on their next paycheck. Sell 10 of those a day, that's $200 more on their check. Do it every day they work in a month and that's $4,000 extra. Just from getting 10 people a day to switch their plan. Imagine knowing that this beta neckbeard fuck in front of you is all that stands between you and adding $48,000 to your yearly salary. Are you going to let them walk without getting into their account by any means necessary?

And the way they are trained, they'll phrase it so it SOUNDS like they're saving you money. For example, let's say you're on the 2GB plan and two months you've gone over the plan... They'll make it sound like you've done it a LOT more than that.

>No.

Btw, source: worked in the mobility industry for over a decade starting in sales and working my way all the way to a regional executive position at the corporate office.

>starting in sales and working my way all the way to a regional executive position at the corporate office.
how does that work? the mobile stores i go to have had the same people working sales for years.

>buying anything from a brick-and-mortar store
there's your first problem OP

Cope more, mutt

What in the actual fuck? How are voice calls, SMS/MMS transferred then? Why would they support 2G then if it's obsolete?

>CDMA

>t. europoor

Attached: heavy_kek.png (256x384, 167K)

0. 4G LTE is gsm based
1. VOLTE is a thing
2. Verizon is shutting down their 2G infrastructure by December of this year
3. Verizon only carrier locks phones when they are financed
4. You absolutely can use non-verizon-branded devices as long as the device supports the bands used by Verizon

>going into a phone store
>not just giving in to your anxiety and buying online after extensively researching your options

its like you don't even NEET

I still have an old flip phone from them I'm so fucking screwed. I looked at the prices of even the basic phones... holy fucking christ on a stick. verizonwireless.com/basic-phones/#retail

Why do NEETs need phones?

Can you just walk into the store , look at the phones and then leave ignoring all the sales people and go look up better prices? I mean shit that's what I do in other stores.

Hello fellow employee, stop revealing company secrets ya cunt

In my third world shithole we've been doing that for years, i dont understand western obsessions with phone plans, contracts, credits, direct debits and other jewery, just fucking buy it from an electronics store and own it, in the motherland we don't even have phone plans, just tariffs and you load currency on your phone account through third part pay-in kiosks and you actually pay as you go, no monthly bullshit, no data caps, if you don't use your phone for a year that money will still be there ready for you to use 4G data at the same rate you always have.
I can see how sometimes credit can be beneficial, when you really need a house or a car to get to work or move somewhere, but not with fucking everything.

Well, she wanted to log him into something, which would have been on the internet.

Imagine being American.

To shitpost in bed.

This is why amazon is taking over, no bullshit, better prices.

Attached: lk4gwi7v3ji21.jpg (619x911, 62K)

Attached: Blank+_28d0e2045db64a195e2f59b9a6e6111b.png (426x364, 4K)

You can do without a plan in the west too but the rate in insanely expensive.

>being this new

the rate is*

That would hurt my neck

>being THIS new

>walk into a Verizon store to buy a pixel 2 xl with cash last year
>inform the lady working there that I didn't want to sign up for one of their plans, I simply wanted to buy the phone
>she goes and talks to her manager
>she comes back and tells me they will sell me the phone, but for an extra $100 over retail price
>laugh in her face and go buy it from Best Buy with cash at retail price
>Best Buy asks me for my name
>make up some shit, give them a fake email, and go about my day
Cell phone provider shops only exist to scam you into phone service plans, or payment plans, and every single shop in existence wants your personal information, so that they can build a database of customers for their marketing teams, or sell your details to the highest bidder. Fuck society

Attached: 1550979218755.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

I think you missed the actual big problem here:
>just input your username and password into this device you don't own
Bitch, lasagna.

Attached: faggot_bat.jpg (960x711, 43K)

>tfw lives with parents therefore has same address

Retail NPCs can't go off script.
It confuses and agitates them.

Attached: 1536488059817.png (416x435, 99K)

>asweöö
macaco delicia brasileira

Don't have an account and don't want one. Can I buy the phone? Yes/no
Why do you have to be autistic about it?

>being T H I S new

>be me last August
>live in houston
>go to Metro PCS
>buy brand new Galaxy J3 Prime for $30
>SIM card $20
>get monthly pre-paid plan, $50/monthly unlimited everything
>$100 for everything out the door
>no I.D. needed, mexican clerk who doesnt even speak english told me to write my name on a scrap of paper to put on my account
>my Metro PCS account is under the name Stinky Wizzleteats
>service is good. phone does everything I want it to
>use fresh $1.95 visa gift card to pay my bill every month
>be happy with arrangement

Attached: mike who?.gif (500x334, 848K)

>walk into a verizon store
>girl walks up to me, says "hi for the aren't toy help"
>i say "what, I didn't catch that"
>she explodes into candy

Why does this always happen?

>i turn 360 degrees and walk out
so you moonwalked out of there?
no wonder you're too retarded to buy a phone
you should have said "do you want my money or not" instead of running home to mommy like a little faggot

>brainlet’s first time on 4channel

>buy a phone on amazon
>get it in the mail two days later
>pop in sim
>works fine but after a couple days decide I don't like it
>amazon sends someone to pick it up for a return and sends me a different phone
>put sim in new phone, also works
>like this phone and keep it
Honestly why would you even attempt to go to a brick and mortar store in the first place?

>walk into T-mobile store
>ask to see different phones
>they try to sell me their plan
>"no thanks, i'm seeing which one i want to order online"
>walk out
>order online at 2/3 the price
>use pay as you go plan
i got to try them out before buying, which is the only purpose of those stores

this thread really is full of newfags

ö does not exist in Portuguese, you moron.

What the fuck do you pay $800 for then? What is worth $800 to you? A phone is something you use often, and lasts at least 3 years if you treat it well. You poorfags are so tiresome.

Chairs last longer, so show me your 1500$ chair user.

I can do much more with a phone than a chair.

Based, OP btfo

if your only using a flip phone why not use a mvno carrier like totalwireless?
unlimited talk and text for like $25
totalwireless.com/serviceplan
flip phone for $20
amazon.com/Total-Wireless-Alcatel-MyFlip-Prepaid/dp/B07GC6FXZ2

>buying a phone from carrier
The actual state of ameritards.

i don't have a $1500 chair but i do have two $2000 desks if that counts.

Attached: 20190116_193309.jpg (4032x3024, 3.78M)

fpbp

LTE is what big verizon uses now. You sound like a lying faggot.

Dude just make shit up. I have told those guys and girls my phone number is 123456 many times, they either don't care and just put it or get bitchy but if you repeat it with a straight face they have to type it.

>Fuck society
ok mr robot

I had the goal in mind from early on. I called HR and asked flat out what to do to get from point A to point B, and they told me that all positions are offered in-house first and if no one is qualified, then they start looking outside the company. I went from sales rep to assistant manager, watched my store manager implode from drug addiction and theft and stepped in to pick up the slack without being asked to, or without asking for the salary that goes with the job in order to show loyalty and dedication, and as soon as the store manager position was officially listed internally, I applied and was promoted the same day (and was told clearly that the biggest point in my favor was that I never once asked for the pay or perks of the position until I was officially promoted), then eventually a district manager position opened up, then regional, and I took night classes to get a BS in business administration and applied for an entry level B2B sales position in the corporate office and then I worked my way up from there. The people you see in the same job for years just haven't done anything to stand out and distinguish themselves. The only way to move up is to make the right connections and put in the work to earn it. Or be related to someone important; I did see a shit load of nepotism. I worked my way up by finding what needed to be done to get there and not letting anything stand in my way. Ironically, though, I got involved in drugs and that's what kept me able to handle 80+ hour work weeks. Got clean during the recession, couldn't work more than my salaried 55 hours and got "downsized". Great severance package though!

I was thinking same

basically, you need to learn how to compromise
we live in a society

None of this shit has been true since LTE became a thing

Their 3G network isn't GSM. It's evdo, and doesn't use SIM cards. They didn't even have SIM card slots in their phones (aside from business models of certain phones for executives to be able to use their phone outside of the US) until LTE launched. Now voice and sms still work on evdo

The one on the right is mine

>I got involved in drugs and that's what kept me able to handle 80+ hour work weeks. Got clean during the recession, couldn't work more than my salaried 55 hours and got "downsized". Great severance package though!
yeah, fuck that. i simply can't be fucked to slave away that much for something that isn't, and never will be, mine. it's one thing if you're working for yourself, but if i'm not getting paid overtime then fuck working over 40 hours per week making some kikes rich.

>being that much of a cuck
LeL

this is pretty cringe, but not as bad as the worst thing I've seen in a verizon store.

My dad and I went to the store to activate his Jow Forums 5+, and there we met an acquaintance of my dad's. He had purchased an iphone from an apple store, and told us that it was not working on verizon and so he came to the verizon store to return the phone. We didn't say anything to him since my dad said he isn't the kind of guy that likes to be told he's wrong, but you have to wonder what goes through people's heads when they buy shit from one store and try to return at an entirely different one.

Go to the t mobile store autist.

Attached: 999899.gif (650x422, 32K)

0. Yep. That's basically what I said.
1. They do offer VOLTE in markets where they have the LTE coverage for it, but there's still plenty of places with shit LTE coverage where their phones default back to EVDO
2. About fucking time. Now if they'd just dump EVDO and go full gsm, that'd be great. They'd finally catch up with the rest of the world.
3. News to me. Though I did check their policies, and sure enough they do say that they don't lock their postpay phones unless the OEM requests it.
4. If the device only supports their LTE bands then it will *not* work outside of their LTE coverage area because their 3G network (EVDO) is CDMA-based and not gsm. So if you live in the middle of a rural area and buy a random chink phone that uses the same bands as Verizon, you're boned if their LTE coverage is shit in your area because the phone will not be able to switch to 3G in the absence of LTE. I was unaware that Verizon had FINALLY moved their SMS/MMS apns to the LTE network and enabled VOLTE though. About fucking time.

Michael Jackson did nothing wrong!

It actually exists, seqüência or barigüi for example dumb cunt

T. Sopa lendária de gorila

tinha, não tem mais viado

De onde tu é?

The first part is wrong but it makes sense considering you haven't seen a sales floor in 10 years.

The second point is very accurate because there is no commission on the phone.

You are essentially taking money out of the reps pockets because each store might get 10 phones. So to sell it to you would impact their overall matrix or "bucket" and not only take the 20-40 dollar commission that they would have made selling the phone but also possibly knocked them down 2-300 dollars for their overall month because of the way they're structured. It's not those sales reps fault that they've made it so their livelihood depends on not selling you that phone.

This probably doesn't apply to you anymore, but maybe you still know someone who is in desperate need of help seeing things in a healthier way.

Attached: 1551572338091.jpg (517x800, 56K)

Imagine throwing your life away like this, but unironically.

Wow, 3 whole years. How generous of phone manufacturers that they don't fall apart after a week!

i had this happen to me in a hippy themed retail store, of all places, once.
>go in to buy some garbage for my sister's birthday
>go to the counter with some incense and a pillow worth maybe $15
>girl behind the counter asks for my phone number and email straight away
>wat
>"it's for your rewards account"
>tell her i don't have or want one
>she straight up won't sell them to me without at least an email
>i just walk out
the world is getting more bizarre by the minute. she wouldn't deviate from the script at all, just kept repeating the same things over and over.
i don't know if it's just burn out from dealing with customers all day so they have to develop this robot personality to make it to the end of their shift or what but there are plenty of retail workers who may as well be literal NPCs

They ask for your account when you walk in the door for anything. They want to track customer traffic is all.

#3 is objectively wrong. All their phones are unlocked which is why they are more targeted for phone theft. They got rekt in a law suit and they're not requesting the FCC let them do a 60 day lock on phones. I can understand the "reasoning" they are giving in that there is a lot of ID theft that goes on with new accounts, but in reality they are doing it because people are too intimidated to know what to do when it comes to unlocking. Especially with people like you spreading misinformation.

>t. China poster paranoid that winnie the pooh is watching him masturbate

>Fuck society
You mean fuck capitalism.

>3 years
kek back in my day u can use a phone for 5+ years and it'll be the same like when u bought it

This is the very reason I order every fucking thing online.

>And buy an $100 no contract phone.