/coffee/ - Coffee General

Coffee is technology.
What are you brewing, anons?

Attached: moccamaster.jpg (560x560, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W6GPjIh3wy4
sca.coffee/certified-home-brewer/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Miso because I'm a basedboy

pre-ground. french press. it just werks.

French press here although vacuum press coffee is the best stuff ive ever had. Bodum pebo is the shiiiiiiiiiiit

Attached: 1543464592479.gif (374x254, 1.75M)

>preground
Stop that

Ik that selling preground coffee is the industries way of selling off the old/ discolored beans that have been sitting for too long but altleast where i live there are decent brands that taste heckin good

I'm getting what you posted

Toddy cold brew.

no. there's only so many things i can be autistic about in life. i can't go there with coffee.

I don't know what it's called but I drink the thing we're you out grinds in a paper filter and pour water on it.

I'm getting tired of it, not enough flavor
I really like the bitter earthy flavor of coffee, what method of coffee production should I switch to?
Also any good brands? I usually use kirkland since it's made by the same guys who make Starbucks

>tfw being an eurocuck makes it easier to buy Italian coffee

Doesn’t your grocery store have a grinder? Or a lot of coffee shops will ground it for you. Don’t buy into the freshness shit but coarser grind works/taste better for french press

For a bitter cup maybe just a normal gravity drip? That or I used a cheapo “espresso” machine for awhile to make americanos that’s essentially a keurig but you don’t need kcups and the coffees better. That had a strong somewhat bitter taste too.

Currently drinking the first pot of tea made with my brand new kettle.
Life feels good right now.

Italian coffee is awful though. 3rd wave espresso is where it's at.

French press gets you all the depth and earthiness you miss out on in the shitty pourover method.
You get to deep brew that shit for however long you like.
Nothing like that in supermarkets/grocery stores here (Bongland). That culture just doesn't exist. Coffee is still very much a #2 to tea. And there's no meme artisan coffee shop near me to make it worth it.
I know that coarser probabyl works better with French press because with fine there's just too much extraction (/ck/ taught me that after I complained how fucking disgusting crema e gusto tasted to me, they told me it wasn't created for deep and long brewing).

It werks for now. I don't want to go astep up when I'm not ready to sustain it because then going back down a step it'll seem shit to me. Confession: I never even had proper coffee until after university. Yes, until age 22 I had only ever had instant 'coffee;. Because I knew that if I went with proper coffee I wouldn't be abel to go back. It's also why I've never had a threesome yet. Hookers are hot, cheap, safe, legal, friendly and plentiful here, I've been to many for many different 'activities'. But...I've never hired 2 at the same time, even though it's pretty affordable. I'm scared I'll probably like it too much and never be satisfied with just 1 again.

Attached: 09d.jpg (400x400, 16K)

For me, it's Maxwell house and Mr. Coffee

An old, free Mr. Coffee from my last job when they upgraded to a Keurig. It replaced my leaking french press.

Hario master race reporting in.

Attached: hario.jpg (1200x1200, 351K)

Just had a aeropress coffee and Milo cunt

Attached: 1546514411487m.jpg (1024x762, 140K)

Limu

This. Everyone else in this thread is pleb although french press comes in second when you're drunk and coordination is off.

local French roast beans, hand ground in a crank grinder, then brewed in a French press.

cowboy coffee aka just fucking boiling the ground beans in a pot on a stovetop is infinitely superior in every single way to coffee machines, especially in regards to taste and cleaning, and also cheaper obviously. coffee machines are a fucking scam which is why they dont belong on a technology board. they do literally nothing but heat water

Grounds & Hounds makes some good shit, currently drinking Snow Day

Burr grinder, Breville double boiler. Fkn bangin.

How do you lads consistently drink coffee for long periods of time? My summer internship in 2018 gave us free coffee and I drank it everyday for a month, but then I started getting really jittery and had to stop.
Don't have much trouble staying awake and alert throughout the day anyway.

>$20
>just werks

Attached: VB13-1.jpg (1200x1200, 141K)

Have you tried not being a pussy?

I got some off-brand version because it was like seven bucks cheaper than the Mr Coffee one. It looks just like that, I wouldn't be shocked if they came from the same Chinese factory.

hot earl grey every day

This. Pourover with paper filter every day. An electric goose-neck kettle makes heating the water simple. I'm too pour to buy a good quality electric grinder, so I switch between my manual Hario Mini mill on days when I have time and preground on days when I don't.

Aeropress

The finer filter is pretty efective against fines, My intestines don,t react well to coffee sludge. That's why I gave up on espresso.

Also I can't believe how so many people don't understand that the grinder is tho most important piece of equipment in the coffee brewing chain. I keep hearing normies flaunt 1000$ espresso machines and using pre-ground shit coffee or blade grinder.

Attached: Aero-460x460.jpg (460x460, 13K)

got video related couple months ago.

youtube.com/watch?v=W6GPjIh3wy4

the video is right, do what it says. My gauge has fogged up/moisture ingress which sucks. Makes good coffee, I've had bad experience with expresso machines dieing from electrical panel faults, reason for this machine. Bit worried about seals longevity on it. But the pressure gauge as an option - probably worth the extra cost for ease of use and peace of mind. Always pre-boil you water.

Since when does espresso have sludge at the bottom?

Also the grinder isn’t the most important in general. The consistency of the grind for a french press isn’t that important, except that some finer bits might get through the filters, since the coarsness of individual grounds doesn’t have much affect on the brewing of other grounds. For an espresso on the hand having constant resistance to flow over the grinds makes sure all the grounds are equally brewed (i.e water isn’t flowing more through coarser patches of grinds.

Holy shit French press is cheap
Any recommendations on presses?

Where my Bialetti boyz at?

Attached: BialettiMoka9cpEsprMkrAlmnSHF16.jpg (800x800, 50K)

I only drink Madrinas coffee. Especially the lambo roast.

Attached: tech-1024x676.jpg (1024x676, 72K)

>Also I can't believe how so many people don't understand that the grinder is tho most important piece of equipment in the coffee brewing chain
correct
If your grinder cost less than $200 you're doing it wrong.

Aeropress is the 8800GT of coffee

Preground drop coffee mostly during the week and french press with fresh-ground beans when I'm in no hurry
>Don’t buy into the freshness shit
u wot

Nespresso. Zero time, skill or bullshit needed; perfect result every time. Poorfags need not apply.

Attached: 326E766300000578-0-image-a-27_1473378113080.jpg (634x423, 49K)

Coffee douchebags insist the bean shouldn’t be ground until the moment before brewing. That’s bs you can’t tell the difference. Even it’s been ground for awhile.

I prefer metal mesh pour over, but pour over none the less.

Aeropress is pretty sick, I need a new grinder though.

pre-ground in $50 12 cup drip with basic quartz timer

it makes a pot every morning for years on end never having to think about it

oh and I leave homo milk and french vanilla creamer in the carafe overnight so it's mixed right in the morning

>homo milk
>3.25%
>homo

Attached: haters_gonna_hate3.jpg (750x550, 118K)

leave scum

Whatever helps you to sleep at night.

>drinking reddit bean water

>everything i hate is reddit pleb trash

>implying coffee isn't reddit

My life improved after I ditched the coffee. I don’t feel so tired in the evenings anymore.

I use a keurig. If you use anything more complicated than that you're S O Y

Attached: AnimeGirlSmug6.jpg (1920x1080, 215K)

How do you use your aeropresses?
I recall the instructions saying you have to use something like 80deg water, and press down for 30 seconds.

My sister left her grinder and french press when she left home to suck dick.
Anyone have some beginner tips and tricks to using these things? The coffee I've made so far with it has so far been only okay.

holy fuck, Jow Forums will talk about anything.

fuck it, ill participate.

a few months ago I decided to brew with 1/3 of the cups to be decaf, so I can drink a whole pot of coffee and not get jittery as fuck. does this count as chemistry?

btw, my coffee machine is the cheapest shit they had at walmart. its all the same. if you replace them every 6 months you're better off than having a 'nice' one for a few years that inevitably gets grimy and salted the fuck up

>spending $20 on a $14 coffee machine
>brewing 12 cups instead of 5

theres ur problem

moka > french press > windows > rest

Espresso master race reporting in

>ctrl+f "pills"
>0 results found

If you want max productivity, carry around a small bottle of caffeine pills. I do this at uni and it saves me so much time. That way, when I really want to enjoy myself a nice cup of coffee, I take my time and make a proper one myself.

But I've quit caffeine altogether now, replaced it with one capsule of XR Ritalin in the morning instead.

>not smoking meth
you are like a baby

And you were right to do so.
Habitual, addicted pretty much, coffee drinkers don't benefit from coffee at all in that the imbibing of caffeine simply puts them back on the level of a normal person.

Coffee is the greatest scam ever.

When I'm in a pinch I do addies.

Attached: 1494657185_1407423887225.gif (500x354, 259K)

>buy aeropress and use it with ground coffee
>tastes exactly the same as instant

What's the point?

Got it as a gift, makes pretty decent coffee. Nice in the morning when I'm still half asleep and can just throw a capsule in and press one button and have a cup of coffee a couple of minutes later with no real effort.

When I actually care, I hand grind and use a french press.

Attached: download.jpg (625x625, 44K)

powdered instant coffee

Redpill me on Bartza Encore? Quick research says it's the best entry level grinder.

Attached: Baratza-encore.jpg (466x700, 41K)

Drip a shit. The more steam pressure you can force through the grind, the more of the desirable taste you'll get out of it. We're talking about coffee here, not tea.

*blocks your path*

Attached: ec680m-left_800x600.jpg (650x488, 28K)

never listen to coffeephiles. they're fucking worse than audiophiles.

Pic related is the most convenient cold brew method I've found.

Attached: mason-jar-cold-brew-coffee-maker-iced-tea-maker-half-gallon-64oz-cold-brew-system-with-bamboo-lid-st (500x500, 25K)

C A W F E E
A
W
F
E
E

I used to be a drip machine guy
Then I got a bit more into coffee, bought a dedicated grinder and a decent french press, coffee was great but it was such a hassle to wash the press every time
Now I have this, don't even have to think about it other than emptying the grounds drawer now and then. Too convenient to be snobby about it.

Attached: item_XL_7303157_5645166.jpg (415x455, 21K)

Gonna buy this little shit soon.

Attached: 20037576b.jpg (600x600, 68K)

Why five? I'd have to make four pots instead of two.

Dolce Gusto or Nespresso? Fresh milk BTW.

I hate the hassle that comes with proper coffee equipment, is there an alternative to these 2 that's acceptable and cheap?

>winter
Dopio every evening
Cappuccino if I happen to be outside with friends or something
>summer
Freddo espresso every morning and some evenings
>all year round
Nescafe frappe some mornings if I'm short on time

Gween tee

>Drinking hot bean water
LOL SNORT INSTANT FAGGOT

b-but luke told me not to drink coffee

cold brew from the other day

Baratza makes solid products and has better-than-average customer service. Also keep an eye on their refurb page. You can snag an encore for $90-$100 instead of whatever msrp is.
If you’re strapped for cash get a manual grinder but it gets pretty annoying over time. I’ve never once regretted dropping the money for an electric grinder.

You can't?

How is it "reddit" though

I basically use a knockoff javapresse ceramic hand grinder and drop that into my older Siroca Crossline STC-401, it's got a stuck bearing so I no longer use the bean whacker.

I just get cheap beans from UCC, Mr. Brown, occasional Costco/Starbucks and drink my coffee black. 4 standard cups of black coffee in the morning on an empty stomach is enough to engage warp speed.

Attached: 811ctrAOv4L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1046, 98K)

Pour over methods produce a vastly superior cup of coffee.

Encore is good for everything except ultra fine grounds for espresso. If you have an espresso machine you shouldn't have a problem buying the next step up to the Encore.
If you want drip, literally just click sca.coffee/certified-home-brewer/ and look for one that fits your price range.

I love my Nespresso machine unironically. Good coffee and very convenient to use. Only drawback is the price, but I work in tech so not poor.

Move over plebs

Attached: 6306_002_LO.jpg (2000x2000, 385K)

cuisinart cpo 800, makes pretty good coffee. Decent in small amounts but better when making 2 cups+ like most coffee makers.

I want one!!.
Do i strictly need a gas-stove to use it?.
(I have an induction oven)

Attached: 1547383595646.jpg (293x323, 16K)

Interesting question. If the pot is made of aluminum then you can't, because it is magnetic, so with most moka pots you can't.
As a workaround, you could put the moka pot inside a cooking pot that you would normally use, with water, when the water starts boiling it will start working in your coffee similar than if it was fire.
But ideally I would get a gas stove or a moka pot specially made for induction stoves.

However I feel like sometimes I do cold drip and always use a metal filter

coffee

I have a couple of those but I mostly use this

Attached: bialetti-tazzissima-espresso-machine.jpg (410x492, 39K)

Are all french presses equal? What else do I need?
Start making guides and turn this into a general. Coffee is extremely important.

Go to /ck/

There is no coffee general there. And this is technology.

Ctrl+f for chemex. 0 find.

WTF /g. you know nothing about coffee.

Attached: chemex.jpg (625x625, 64K)

>went to some fancy cabin this summer with my family
>my boomer dad heard that they had this abomination in there
>mfw he buys two boxes of the pods
>we get there and there's two "complementary" americano pods
>I try it
>It's not horrible but it's absolutely average
>we open the boxes with the pods
>they are the new format
>A NEW FORMAT FOR A COFFEE MACHINE.
>get a knife and open a pod
>it's literally 2 layers of plastic and a shitty looking pre-ground
>put a couple of them in my french press
>they taste better

Attached: 1551115063660.gif (735x920, 167K)

Explain what this is.