Just like with Photoshop...

Just like with Photoshop, there are no GNU/Linux alternatives that can match the ease of use and functionality of a simple default file browser included in an operating system made by deficient pajeets.

Attached: google-images.png (830x601, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/flatpak/xdg-desktop-portal
old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1nvho0/warning_theres_a_horrible_bug_in_kde_that_doesnt/
bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=162211
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_and_Lesbian_Employees_at_Microsoft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kde

Thunar

Attached: 1551690741305.png (442x341, 146K)

Even Nautilus is better

Everything on Linux is better. This is literally the worst argument to shitpost. I know it's a shitpost but you should feel bad.

there are many issues with the quality of Linux software vs on Windows
but pcmanfm exists, so this isn't one

i'm a windows baby and i'm very happy with whatever mint uses by default (nemo?)

Of ALL of the things on Linux to compare unfavorably to Windows, the file manager is the one fucking thing Linux unequivocally does better. You are a genuine braindead monkey if you think Window's file manager is good. Explorer is a garbage excuse for a file manager. STILL no tabs in 2019. I hope this is a shitpost, because this is such a dumb thing to say. I can't imagine anybody holding this opinion.

>codeblacks

notepad++ pls

not OP but linux file manager is a joke.
literally show me an example where i want to upload an image through browser, and file chooser dialog has thumbnail preview.
this shouldnt be so hard:
show me a file manager with exact windows file explorer search feature when you're inside a folder.

what is dolphin?

also, OP is a fag

are you kidding - the file manager has always been garbage in linux distro's and even linux fuckers know this. stop being dellusional.

wake up faggots - no one is buying it

Almost everybody I've ever seen use a Linux distro tends to agree on pretty much one thing, even if they hate the rest of the system: the file managers are better than Explorer on Windows.

>show me a file manager with exact windows file explorer search feature when you're inside a folder.
You are a stupid fucking nigger. No wonder you hold such a dumbfuck opinion. The file manager and the file chooser are two entirely separate entities.

Anyway, here. Now go kill yourself.

Attached: DmKPSSI.png (1065x741, 55K)

lmao what a shitty bait

openSUSE

that is 360 degrees opposite to my experience - to the point where I have to assume you are lying or grandstanding?
They invariably almost vomit when they see it and spend a lifetime looking for "search"

>The file manager and the file chooser are two entirely separate entities.

That's part of the problem you fucking mouth breather. Fuck you are agreeing with us without knowing.

I quoted the wrong section of your shitty post. That post was meant to address
>literally show me an example where i want to upload an image through browser, and file chooser dialog has thumbnail preview.

As for the second section of your post, see pic. I don't think there's a single file manager on Linux that doesn't let you search through a folder.

Attached: find.png (1149x753, 56K)

>I only use shitty programs that use GTK's retarded file browser and have no idea how GNU/Linux works
It must be embarrassing to come on a board like this and display your complete and total ignorance so proudly.

What's wrong with GTK?

two separate entities you say? thats fuckin hilarious.
case in point, linux is a fucking joke. file dialog chooser in windows is same entity, and has thumbnails.

Its file browser is feature-poor and simplistic as fuck.

TWO SEPARATE ENTITIES

ahahahahahahahaha
Autism in action - this lady just confirmed OP and still thinks he is right.

>They invariably almost vomit when they see it and spend a lifetime looking for "search"
I am pretty sure you're just referring to yourself, because nobody is such a braindead amoeba that they can't find a search feature in a Linux file explorer. Just with a brief glance, Nautilus, Nemo, and Caja all have big-ass magnifying glasses on the top right. If you are that much of a simpleton that you cannot associate symbols with meanings, Dolphin has a magnifying glass followed by the word "find". In any case, CTRL+F almost certainly always brings up a search menu.

It's a different fucking component on Windows as well, you absolutely stupid window babby mongoloids. You can just as well end up with some god awful file upload dialog on Windows, it's just less common. It's always down to developers to support a non-shit file dialog. Even with the shitty GTK one, you can use a patched version with thumbnails. Soon this isn't going to be an issue anyway: github.com/flatpak/xdg-desktop-portal

Attached: java-jfilechooser2.png (520x368, 38K)

Ok well I will just go back to the small form factor linux desktop test group for our small sites and tell them they were wrong - that some autist on the internet completely attached to a OS developed by trannies thinks the desktop experience, especially the file explorer , is superior to the out of box win 10 experience.

Ok champ. I will let you deal with all the calls we get.

>I will just go back to the small form factor linux desktop test group for our small sites and tell them they were wrong
No, you should tell them they're morons and deserve to be euthanized if they couldn't figure out one of the most basic and obvious functions of a file manager.

>especially the file explorer , is superior to the out of box win 10 experience.
It 100% absolutely is. Thus far you have not provided a single actual argument as to why the file managers on Windows 10 are superior to those on Linux, whereas I have already provided a major point in favor of Linux: that virtually every file manager supports tabbed browsing, and multi-pane browsing for that matter. This leads me to believe that you, in fact, are the one attached to a shitty pajeet OS.

>cd Code

Why do you need to "explore" your files? I use dozens of specialized Linux apps to view or edit specific types.

>file dialog chooser in windows is same entity
Not true

>paste img URL into filepicker box
>explorer fetches the image into temp, puts it into the filepicker
>post
Alongside with the thumbnail meme, Explorer is just one of the many things living rent free in freeturds

What filepicker does that?

Sorry. Photoshop is great and gimp doesn't compare for most professional work. But windows explorer has always and probably will always suck. Windows 10 made it a little better by finally adding 20-year-old missing features like opening a terminal and mounting a disc image. I like Dolphin because of how configurable it is, and I admit the quality of kdes file manager has gone down since the days of konqueror but I haven't found anything else with the balance of features, configurability, and usability. Finder has always been decent but in Apple style it was never designed for very advanced users.

I still find myself using scripts to manage files from time to time because no one bothers to make GUI interfaces for extremely niche complex operations. If someone does make a good interface for something uncommon, you can bet that over 5 years it bitrots to death because that's just how software is. Try sorting thousands of text-based files by using keywords in their content in any GUI file manager and tell me how fast that is compared to using grep and xargs

*blocks your path*

Attached: 06 Nautilus File Manager.jpg (1280x800, 87K)

cringe

>cd, ls, rm, rmdir, mkdir

>posts the most featureless file manager in the entire linux ecosystem
Still probably more featureful than Explorer, though.

If Nautilus is the most featureless, what is the most featureful?

>manually opening each image for viewing until you find the right one

>what is sxiv
I was listing file browsing not file viewing

Dolphin.

In terms of GUI browsers? Dolphin.

In terms of CLI browsers? Ranger.

What good is "file browsing" if all you're going off of is a name? Are you seriously suggesting that I rename all of my unix timestamp file names?

ITT: Seething winTards defending their shit OS while not realising linux isnt a single OS and has hundreds of different file managers all for free. Also who tf uses search in any file explorer?

C O P E

>explorer.exe
>he doesn't use Christian Ghisler's masterpiece

Dolphin

Any file manager that doesn't display images is useless and might as well not exist.

this thunar is one of the great

the issue with pcmfm and nautilus is that they load all pics' thumbnails in a folder, imagine if you have thousands of pics in a folder, it will rape your hdd
thunar on the other hand only loads thumbnails for pics you see, same as the enlightenment fm

>linux file manager
no such thing

>this shouldnt be so hard:
you ignorant stupid fuck

>show me a file manager with exact windows file explorer search feature when you're inside a folder.
what's that?
since when did windows have type to search? cos that's what gtk has :^)

old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1nvho0/warning_theres_a_horrible_bug_in_kde_that_doesnt/

>and spend a lifetime looking for "search"
wtf it's literally in the File Edit View shit

>feature-poor
wrong faggot
it's super feature cool - type to search RECURSIVELY, Recent shit, sort, it's comfy if you aren't a windarded crybaby

>Ok champ. I will let you deal with all the calls we get.
not if you don't pay me faggot

the gtk one

What the fuck are you talking about. You can use ls and sort by date modified/created.

You're a retard. You don't find images by names, you find them by looking at them. If a file browser doesn't have good image previews, it's useless.

??

Attached: fgicgi.png (1053x869, 74K)

Attached: gcdgc.png (1053x869, 50K)

sxiv -t, retard

Thunar, or even unironically better is dolphin

PS and Explorer.exe is not a problem. PCMan exists.
Fucking CADs are pain in my assholes

Attached: Screenshot_of_PCManFM_1.2.4_in_Russian.png (800x572, 78K)

You could have mentioned ANY proprietary software and you chose the Windows 7 file manager? There's absolutely nothing special about it. Photoshop is a valid example of superior proprietary software. This is just silly. File management on Linux is infinitely better. Even default stuff like Thunar is better. And it costs absolutely nothing.

But it's free user

Dolphin > Thunar >>>>>> M$ Explorer

>you don't find images by names
lol what a doofus

>pcmanfm
Have a (You) for good taste.

>show me x
>gets shown x
>y-you must be lying!
Holy shit you absolute retard.

>bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=162211
> Status: CLOSED FIXED
????

GNU/Linux cucks will never have this bad boy.

Attached: btfo linux.jpg (1746x1241, 233K)

> Ok well I will just go back to the small form factor linux desktop test group for our small sites and tell them they were wrong
> OS developed by trannies
Let's be honest, you aren't going nowhere. BTW, enjoy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_and_Lesbian_Employees_at_Microsoft

>the linux file manager.
You need to be more specific, OP.
Which one of the 4000 GNU/Linux file managers are you talking about?

>he doesn't manage files from the CLI

>select all files
>press f2
>type in a file name
>press enter
>everything is renamed to filename(1) filename(2) filename(3) etc.

why don't any file managers for linux have this functionality

GTK doesn't have one "GTK file browser" dummy

wasn't designed for brainless tossers

> claiming that they don't
>> b-but t-t-tell m-me then where
Look it up, hollow

>no tabs
Kek, pathetic

> you deal with all the calls we get.
So youre a braindead pajeet in a call center, pathetic

Attached: Screenshot_20190308_213958.png (1173x537, 86K)

dont worry bud i dont need you tell me because i've tried many batch file renamer utilities for linux and all of them are wonky as hell. the one packaged with thunar is the least worst but it's not available as a standalone

Linux software including file managers is subpar, it works for basic though. This is why people are turned off to Linux, you guys hype up and lie so they expect it to be better but are confronted with reality after trying it. They either accept reality or do like you guys and form a unhealthy delusion about it.

>Windows 10 made it a little better by finally adding 20-year-old missing features like opening a terminal and mounting a disc image
windows can mount images since vista and open terminal in open directory since xp, 5/10 made me reply

congrats, not one expert in linux in this thread knew about it before you showed up. whats that tell you about the shitty user experience?

also firefox
shiggy

>no tabs
>no dual view
lolwut

You do realize there are better File Browsers for windows right? Like TotalCommander and qttabbar and whatever else?