Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: whataretheydoingonthebed.jpg (800x800, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Crayola-Toddler-Mouse-USB-perfect-For-little-hands-learning-to-Use-computer/132975865103?hash=item1ef5faad0f:g:urIAAOSwtLxcfZL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hot

Shouldn't the OP be changed to say "where to get win 7 or LTSC"?

Is it really LTSC now? If so, i'll change it next thread

More people recognize the name LTSB.

Ye, it's even in the pastebin.
Plus the LTSB torrent seems pretty dead in comparison.
Maybe if you called it LTSC that wouldn't be a problem.

Okay. This is going to be fucking stupid, juvenile, and just plain odd to ask
But does ANYONE know
How the FUCK
I get my hands on one of these
They've been discontinued for years with the company showing absolutely zero interest in making something like it ever again
I have scowered countless old electronic sites
But for some god damn reason I can't find a single fucking one of these things
I know it was most likely made with kids in mind
It's probably fucking garbage compared to even $5 mouses today
But just fucking look at it
It's so dumb I need to have it

Attached: 1545649735605.jpg (300x360, 20K)

Whoops replied to you by accident sorry

You probably already checked it but ebay is good for rare or old shit

I did
No luck unfortunately

great project for 3d printer

I just tested LTSC. There still isn't any way to choose and select individual updates. I can only either restrict to security patches or disable updates completely, and that's it. Is that the way it is?

fukken derp

hey, it's this user again
turns out this laptop may not support x64 at all. I realized after my last post (and after using the windows installer to format the entire drive) that the only way I'd been reliably booting from my flash drive was via the windows recovery mode, so I went ahead with the x32 install which worked fine, switched the stick to an x64 installer, and now it's failing on boot becuase it can't find "bootia32.efi"... which isn't on the drive, i have bootx64.efi.

also, the website doesn't even have Win7 drivers, so i'm paranoid to go that route. guess I just deal with the lack of efficiency :/.

is there acutally a ducky in there? if so I agree with fuck em, make your own. especially if you have any intention of actually using it.

buy crayola version, swap animals?

ebay.com/itm/Crayola-Toddler-Mouse-USB-perfect-For-little-hands-learning-to-Use-computer/132975865103?hash=item1ef5faad0f:g:urIAAOSwtLxcfZL0

>hint: they are not the only maker of fluid filled mice, although perhaps only one to do the duck

Attached: 2019-03-08 00_53_11-Clipboard.png (452x459, 243K)

user from last thread with the 1440p question
1060 6gb, it's a dvi port and cable, pretty sure it's the one that came with the monitor.
The monitor is an Alienware Dell AW2518H

Attached: download (1).jpg (618x617, 52K)

>NVIDIA GPU with a DVI cable
Get a displayport cable.
DVI cant do 1440p@144Hz+.

only time I've ever had missing resolutions is using old graphics drivers on a newer monitor. It seems like anything past DVI-D can behave very badly like this. on an intel adapter I had to add customer resolutions using some shitty intel utility, although to their credit it did work.

what is your OS? assuming windows
what is your GPU, what driver version
what is you monitor and what driver version

this may be as simple as downloading the latest aw2518h driver

this user is right

DVI-D max is 2560 × 1600 at 60 Hz

Actually, when I was looking at the monitor name, in the display adapter settings, it did have (displayport) next to it. For some reason I thought the displayport logo on the cable was a dvi logo. I'm literally retarded I think oh gosh.

So you are using a Displayport cable then.
In drivers check if DSR its on.

I'm checking the driver details and such and I dont see no DSR or anything that could fit that abbreviation. I tried to update drivers as well but it says they're already updated. I've had this monitor for 6 months or so too.

thisfag here

it was annoying as shit and took way too much time, but I DDU'd and reinstalled the driver from scratch. no dice

guess it's time for a reformat when I wake up... in addition to a fasting blood test and 4 interview. whooooo

Why do "nerds like linux"?

It gives me a sense of control when I have little control over the rest of my life.

Thanks again for your help. I'll get a multimeter and get some troubleshooting done with your advice.

So iproute2 is supposed to replace ifconfig from what I gather. Question is, should I still keep both on my machine or can they break each other? I'm having some troubles with NetworkManager, trying to troubleshoot.

Can I install updates or perform a clean Windows 7 reinstall without having to decrypt my drive first I'm using Veracrypt (Standard AES)?

Attached: 52759767_597199167352127_7260718626920222671_n.jpg (1080x1350, 85K)

Why the fuck does this happen now? Just started like 3 days ago. I can post in every thread, just not make them.

Is hiro trying to sell passes? Are pass users the only people making threads????

Attached: why.png (1234x490, 45K)

you can install her pussy on my face boiii

Probably a shitposter that frequently changes IP's in your IP range or something.
I can make threads just fine and I am never going to buy a pass.

My gpu sags slightly but it's rigidly in place. It only moves about 2mm, up or down. Is it fine?

yeah that happens to almost everyone with a high end (so, heavy) card

So, are there interrupts in microcontrollers when voltages are applied to certain pins or do you have to constantly loop through each pin and check?

>ltsb
shit doesn't even work. Going back to 7.

Attached: ltsc.png (795x370, 30K)

Is 40% gpu fan speed too high for idling? My fans seem incapable of going any lower.

no

oh, good. the default curve is shit and I was worried about stressing the fans more than necessary.

I'm trying to install Win7 on my new PC, but as soon as the disc's files are loaded my keyboard and mouse become useless, since base Win7 doesn't support USB 3.0. Yes, I enabled the USB settings in the BIOS, without success. An attempt to use a PS/2 Adapter also failed. Now I ordered a PS/2 mouse and keyboard online, because no fucking store sells them anymore. Anyway, anyone got experience with this problem?

Attached: lmaoayyy.png (500x375, 159K)

>PS/2 Adapter also failed
It has to be connected when you boot up, you can't try to plug it in after you started. I just did a win7 installation using an USB to PS/2 adapter on an old keyboard, worked fine after I remembered how to navigate like that.

>base Win7 doesn't support USB 3.0
New processors/MBs don't provide a legacy way for win7 to access any USB ports, otherwise you could just stick your KB/mouse into USB 2.0 ports. So I hope you put your processor drivers someplace convenient to get to. The install disk for my MB drivers had a stupid startup menu that couldn't be navigated with a keyboard only.

>It has to be connected when you boot up, you can't try to plug it in after you started.
Oh OK, going to try that when I get home. Thanks.

Please respond

am i actually retarded?
if i want to calculate the amount of padding needed to pad an array of length l, to a length that is a multiple of m, is there really no better way than to branch on the value of the mod?

if (mod l m) == 0
padding = 0
else
padding = (mod l m)

correction

else
padding = m - (mod l m)

i literally cannot into numbers

Brainlet here just learning about runtime anaylsis.
What would be the run time of this algorithm I made to generate random passwords?

function generatePassword(strength) {
const chars = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789!@#$%^";

let password = "";

for (let i = 0; i < strength; i++) {
password += chars.charAt(Math.floor(Math.random() * chars.length));
}
console.log(password);
}
generatePassword(12);

I'm guessing it's 0(n), right? if 'strength' is 12, then 12 steps are performed... ?

Eh, you can push past that maximum a bit. I'm running 2560x1440 @ 120

Correct. It's O(n) not 0(n)

What's the best small note writing desktop app for Loonix? I'm kind of using xfce's default Mousepad, but I want something with more features and as lightweight

What's a good video editor for windows if I want to clean up footage from a helmet mounted camera and make webms?

Attached: 1550890908698.png (921x720, 376K)

I use shotcut for editing video's myself.
It's a little buggy sometimes but it works pretty good for free software.

Wtf, I didn't realize I clicked zero. *~* I've been up for at least 24 hours.

Davinci Resolve if you're looking for something free

Fuck. Now I wait 50 seconds to say thanks.

How is that compared to shotcut since shotcut is a little buggy from time to time but davinci resolve seemed really complicated for what I needed it for (adding commentary to videos).

It performs much better than ShotCut (as Shotcut uses FFMPEG) and to be honest although Davinci Resolve looks complicated the features that you need to use won't be that much more complicated than ShotCut

I'm dual booting Linux and Windows, but I wanna know if it's possible to install another Linux OS on the same SSD? Are there any downsides if possible?

how do i install windows 10 on my usb so i can boot from it whenever i want

you download the windows media creation tool

When does S2719DGF go on sale? I want one now... I missed the last sale.. Me wants under 300$. Me want now. ME WANT NOW

Best way to format an 8 TB hard drive that will be serving as a cold storage for ROMs/ISOs?

File sizes ranges from 128kb (nes roms) all the way up to several GBs (Switch/PS2, etc.).

The default formatting only leaves me with 7.27 TB free. Should I reformat it differently than the default to gain more space? Same question for my 4 TB drive. I have a bunch of roms across 4 other hard drives, I'm going to be filling up this 8TB external and then buying new 8TB externals as they reach capacity. It's a huge collection, I want to be as efficient as possible.

Attached: rom storage.png (773x472, 15K)

What's the go-to site for searching laptops? (EU btw)

If you format it with the smallest possible block size you waste less space for very small files, a 1 KB file on a 2MB block will waste the space it doesn't fill which will be the case for most of the older consoles.
Also a lot of the newer consoles compress very well with 7zip's LZMA2 I've found (gamecube and wii games compress up to 95% in some cases) which means you can fit more games on the drive.

What is the least cancerous alternative to discord for private voip group calls now that skype 7.36 is also forcing the update? Must have global mic mute hotkey.

I always liked Alternate myself although it depends where you live.

Keeping both shouldn't cause problems.

Does power cord matter?
I bought a used laptop that says 90w 20v in adpter and came with 125v 3a cable but it is very short.

I replaced it with a longer one 125v but 7a. Would I fry myself or my laptop?

Attached: brainletwojak45.jpg (462x550, 30K)

Literally yes. Only other option is to go browsing on the ms website for updates to download manually and run.

Which of the two snippets is better would we say is the appropriate standard. I'm not entirely sure but I am trying to finally start following standards for sharing code with others and being efficient as well.

private void callEveryFrame()
{
int someNumber = 0;
globalNumber =1;
someNumber = globalNumber+1;
globalNumber = function(someNumber);
}

private void callEveryFram()
{
globalNumber =1;
globalNumber= globalNumber+1;
globalNumber = function(someNumber);
}

Fucking WEW lad.

> I've had this monitor for 6 months or so

And you still think it's a 1440p? I got news for you bro. Your monitor IS 1080p. So you can quit screwing around with all your settings and cables.

Attached: 1541290717121.jpg (750x676, 287K)

Do you want the installer on the USB, or a working copy of windows?

What processor is it, and have you tried patching drivers into the installer?

I was gonna buy an Xbox controller for my PC but I heard people saying it doesn't work with Windows 10 LTSC.
Did I fall for some meme by installing this OS or is it just bullshit?

Attached: 41xfI3A9w+L.jpg (500x425, 25K)

kek

get your Units together. 125V * 7A = 875W. Is this a laptop or a microwave oven?

Use an adapter with same voltage (as in exactly the same) and same or higher current.

how would i change the quote link in my css to an icon like an arrow?

How do I do that? Do I have to individually compress every one or is there a way to let 7zip individually compress all of them 1 by 1 for me? I thought if I just try to compress all at once it will just throw them all in to one compressed folder.

Numbers on cable only mean it would literally melt under higher load.

I dunno lol, since I use DUalshock 4 with the usual Enterprise edition. Briefly used LTSB and DS4 was recognized as XB360 via scp toolkit, had no issues. What you would probably need in case of 360 wireless controller is a special Windows adapter, and that may not work, I dunno.

I have a dvd-r disk and windows says about it "0 bytes used and 0 bytes free" - is it broken? It seems I can't burn it.

I'm sorry didn't know v*a=w formula,
adapter has 90w 20v on it
wew, I guess I'm safe?

Davinci wouldn't let me import .avi files so I ended up going with shotcut, works perfectly.

I plan on using a wired one so that won't be a problem.
I'm just worried because LTSC most likely won't automatically install the drivers like normal W10.

What's the correct English term for what's in everyday speech called a router?

Attached: 1545234242111.png (600x800, 585K)

That is the right word. If it's got a modem built in, then it's a gateway.

Is perl a good language to learn in 2019?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1600x1000, 180K)

>Do I have to individually compress every one or is there a way to let 7zip individually compress all of them 1 by 1 for me? I thought if I just try to compress all at once it will just throw them all in to one compressed folder.

I don't think there is a way to compress them all in to seperate 7zips like winrar does sadly.
There might be a batch file in order to do something like that but I haven't found it and had to compress my library one at a time in order to get seperate 7zips. I think it's worth the time investment to save the space, although if you could get a batch file that packaged them in automatically for you in seperate files that would save a lot of time.

Also as a word of advice, keep a second drive with the same stuff on it but keep it in a safe place in case the first drive dies without warning.

Even when a harddrive isn't being written to the disk is still powered on and the motor keeps spinning and will wear out at some point, having a second drive with your collection on it but offline, will solve that problem or at least give you a chance to keep your collection in case the drive dies suddenly, it might not happen for another 10-15 years but if it suddenly dies without a back-up you lose everything.

I'll see if I can make an image of the average compression ratio for my ps2 rom folder.

My xbox controller works just fine on windows 10, it's a great controller and a lot of games automatically pick it up without having to configure it myself.

What does it show when you put a different empty dvd in ?

I literally had the same conclusion trying it out myself after an user suggested it to me here, however because bandicam saves my recordings as avi files it wont import them.
Why won't it just import avi files ? Haven't they been around long enough yet ?
Glad you like shotcut though, it might not be perfect (yet) but it works good enough for me and does pretty much the same as the fancy paid solutions.

not really, perl is only used by boomers

Then what's the best scripting language? I already know Python.

That's the best one. Although if you're doing heavy text processing you may want to consider Perl.

It's a home router since it's not just a router but also an access point and switch

>want to run some scripts to debloat my PC
>Error keep popping up saying i don't have enough privileges and denied access
>Even ran as administrator

Am I missing something pls help

Attached: f23fef7b-cfe2-40bd-b090-aa57e9ca330a.jpg (1000x667, 175K)

Been leaving my pc on for days at a time, only sometimes shutting it down for a minute or two because I am seeding torrents on a private tracker. I have also been listening to white noise every night so it never goes to into sleep mode. Because of this, it has been shutting down on its own before repeatedly failing to boot (psu clicks and lights come on over and over). I then have to disconnect the PSU and try again. It will usually turn on after about 3 failed boots. What is wrong with my pc and is there any way to avoid this? A few months ago the same thing happened but I could never get it to turn back on, I tested the PSU with a paperclip and it was fried so I bought a new one.

Why can't my two windows 10 computers find each other in the network tab in file explorer, while my android phone can find both devices
my setup goes like this:
the router is connected to a powerline adapter on the first floor which connects it the the powerline adapter on the second floor, which is connected to a 5 port ethernet switch, and both windows 10 devices are also connected to the same ethernet switch.

dvd-r means read only. more specifically, write to it once then you can only read from it, and can't write anything more
if it's already been written to then it's normal for it to say that
only dvd-rw can be rewritten

how old is the PC?
probably a dying PSU.

nvm wrong thread, was looking for csg brb

PC is a year and a half old. Had the PSU since August, when the other one died. I feel like it might have to do with the outlet or something?

My mother found her old laptop Samsung NP-R519 but the keyboard needs to be replaced because it's damaged, I found one for 25€.

We also would have to buy the charger, that'd be 12€ on amazon.

Is it worth spending about 40€ to get this working or should I just spend 200€ on some Lenovo cheap but nice laptop?

Thanks.

Is there a reason why an int is used instead of a byte for values that will never exceed the range of a byte?

not worth reparing, i'd get another laptop.

Attached: file.png (381x169, 19K)

alrighty, only problem now is my on-board KB and touch pad don't work. using usb stuff for now. 3 different drivers from the manufacturer's website have failed to install, this looks promising