Give me 1 reason to dislike mint

give me 1 reason to dislike mint

Attached: cinnamon.png (1920x1200, 1.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

abriefhistory.org/?p=774
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Linux Mint Master race

Attached: 1461091468-1451946070-hitler-hap.png (224x169, 27K)

Bloated version of Ubuntu which is bloated version of based Debian.

Attached: 1467858442584.png (200x300, 53K)

Debian master race

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-08 00-13-39.png (503x223, 31K)

Mint is far better than the normie garbage that is ubuntu

>tranny OS with tranny kernel

It's pretty good. I admire their commitment to a pure GUI experience, which is probably the best out of all other DEs (although KDE has a wider array of GUI-based configuration options, I knock it down a peg for its "app store" being completely unusable garbage, not that I use those anyway). By default, it's kind of ugly, but obviously that isn't hard to change. It's got the simplicity of the "Win-XP style" Linux DEs with some nice modern amenities (like window previews in the task bar). Some people might prefer the more modern feel of something like KDE, though. Plus, KDE has far more functionality (but, in my experience, even though it's gotten much better, it's still pretty buggy, unstable, and lacks polish). Lastly, Nemo is a fantastic file manager and probably my favorite on Linux. Although Dolphin is significantly more feature rich, it crashes on me constantly, and I prefer Nemo's implementation of tree-view.

I would say my one major complaint with Mint is that it breaks horribly every major system update.

- cinnamon 19 icons got a totally uneeded shitty revisionist refresh by some zoomer
- i have to use devaun if i want to avoid system Dicked
- no PPC port

other than that its gosh dang perfect. comming up on almost 8 years of mint usage and not s single problem no update has ever broken anything, no virus or system crashes or lost data. Fucking BASED.

it has to be bloated for everything to just werk for normies dumb dumb. I plug my Iphone in and nemo mounts the camera and app folders. Linux doesnt normally do all that AFC2 stuff behind the scenes. BASED

Mint with Win 10 LTSB in a VM is master race.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-06 07-21-32.png (1440x900, 427K)

Debian is downstream from Ubuntu.
Check the package versions.

>Graphical installer.
>Desktop environments.
>Easy to use.

This triggers the Linux elitist.

Mint is my preferred normie distro. I recommend it to women and old people who are interested in Linux. I use Fedora because I want to get good at RHEL in case I have the opportunity to use it at work.

with replies like this + tripfagging i am 99% sure you are a troll

Put me in the screencap this time

Attached: 1453727755644.jpg (357x362, 30K)

My wife wanted to try out a GNU+Linux distro Mint, but I wanted her to learn it correctly, so I told her to install Arch. Somehow she still uses win10.

Ubuntu is based on Debian Unstable. Filtered.

mint is great, just werks

It's great for games

Based user keeping the secret club small

It has low entry barrier.

None. It's so comfy!

shitstain-d

give me 1 reason to give you 1 reason to dislike mint

> but I wanted her to learn it correctly
> so I told her to install Arch
> Somehow she still uses win10

Mint is how newbies lean linux correctly you dumb fucking nigger. Arch is Sadomasochist even for people who know the *nix file system and some incantations. Sounds like you beat her too you sonofabitch.

Attached: 1543879009285.jpg (457x439, 35K)

it was a joke dumbass

Bloated botnet.

I installed arch and got it working correctly as a newbie

Attached: 2e806c61980126c75af21b5c9d716d48389e9340.png (1920x1200, 214K)

Glad to hear you can use Google.
People overstate how hard Arch is to get going.

this... was just forced to switch to 19.1. its clean, but miss my 17.1 enviro. so far my only complaint is audio boogers up when ads pop up in firefox but go goes back to normal after a minute or so. ram consumption seems to be higher...

He asked for you to shit on it, not praise it.

as a person coming from wangblows 10 to mint, it still sure beats win10's 2GB idle

that wallpaper

>Based on Ubuntu with it's shitty out of date repos
Do you see the problem?

No reason in particular. I just prefer vanilla Debian

It's Frankendebian

>slackware

Can’t run games.

minecraft and kerbal space program is all you need.

Nidaya has a sign of a great curse of gold Yasha + Futomani + Nouma shy turn in the left ventricle, making a nesega of kededo
It has turned into a greenhouse field of golden Yasha's sudden (lifelong dog). 17: 52 2019/3/8

● Koichi brother = Koichi Sato, my son of Tomokazu Sato of my mother's relative living in the north neighbor city!
The address of Toshikazu Sato is Tomita Town, Koriyama-shi, Fukushima pref. 23-1! 2019/3/8 19: 31 ●

● At about 22:46 on 2019/3/8, Queed's niggers & futons will come to me in large quantities.
It comes from Koichi brother, but the big dog's blood line is a sidelobe, this is the only curse of the golden Yasha of great heritage
Well, my older brother 's curse is difficult because it is super strong. Activated when Apoitakara was dead, it was a trap.
The voice I've ever used is Odin 's Kodama generator, and Amoy' s treasure has not arrived yet.
There are no smaller companies, but there are about 852 big companies, currencies up to now have not been light
This time is super strong. I think the big dog is useless. 17: 52 at 3/8/2019 ●

● Nyga of Apoitakara is annihilated but there is a niche of keded. Futomani's curse does not make sense even if it escapes in the distance
. There is no treasure of Xiamen, so there is no choice but to overdo it, but suddenly it is intense and can not be protected.
Well today and tomorrow we can withstand Hong Kong's purification comes around this time on Sunday.
The trap was set up by Mr. Owin, the nephew of His Invinci, Futto no Niga 18: 00 at 3/8 ●

It's a GNU/Linux distro

17 was based but I upgraded to 19.1 and while it adds some nice features there are some bugs.

Still better than ubuntu though

The official .iso files contained a backdoor after they got hacked. Also, Cinnamon is absolutely pig disgusting and unstable crap. Install Devuan or go home.

I had to switch from Mint to Ubuntu for my new PC because Mint ships with an old kernel that doesn't support my hardware and it's horrible. Ubuntu is just so annoying while Mint is maximum comfy. Can't wait for Mint 19.2 with a newer kernel but that will only be in the summer.

what features does it add?
do Bluetooth headphones finally work yet?

>using kernel versions later than 4.18.* and arguably even 4.16.*

Dunno about headphones but I like the redshift and the timeshift apps.

Nemo is also a lot faster but for me at least sometimes its buggy.

Doesn't have Pot Player

cinnememe

What do you expect from Linux? You can run some simple games

Was thinking about Manjaro, but is Mint more compatible and stable in general? I want something that I can install on a T580 ThinkPad and not have to constantly fuck with.

Linux MInt is basically Windows 7 but in GNU/Linux

How is dGPU support? I have a MX150.

System D and some bloat, but that's about it

>he doesn't spend 5 hours trying to figure out how to install Arch
lmaoing@ur lyfe

Attached: 1549917947101.png (303x279, 18K)

more like vista

>2050 packages on a fresh install
well its better than windows at least.

>Linux Mint
>Not GNU/Linux Mint
Can't even get the name right.

What's the problem here? Install base is still small and it's not like all packages are loaded into ram.

MX Linux

Red pill me on MX Linux. It just seems like slightly different Mint.

its like devuan, but actually good

Today I tried Manjaro and it was awesome! What do you think about it?

it works fine and is stable enough (comparing to windows) in my old machine. there are surely other better distros around here, but I don't see reason to change

18 clueless Jow Forumstards can't be wrong.

No rolling release, and often out of date or very out of date kernels or repo applications.

No arm/ppc support.

Has a printer bug when using usb3 (for me at least).

Start menu is bad (in fairness all linux start menus are bad).

Some corner case stuff isn't in repo ( not a big deal)

Uses ubuntu LTS repos for the most part.
Available kernel versions are listed on a tab for that on the systray applet and other package management options.
You probably don't understand linux kernel versioning anyways, like most people on this board.

The developer hates Israel, our greatest ally

Less bloat, newer kernel, repo with recent software.

My main OS with KDE for months now. Pretty based

use archlinux, nigger

explain

version 4.19 and later got tranny CoC'd and versions 4.17 and later got some NSA encryption module available

you should use artix

There's no reason to use these bloated Linux distros if you actually know how to use Linux. These distros serve as a good starting point for learning how Linux works, but once you get a hang of it you'll realize you are using Linux because you don't want to use windows. So there's no need to use a distro that tries to emulate windows.

>Start menu is bad (in fairness all linux start menus are bad)
Use basic d-menu. It's what a Linux start menu should be. It doesn't try to be windows and because of that functions a million times better than any start menu knock off.

Is it relatively easy to do a small local apache server in MX Linux? It's not for anything outside of the local network.

SystemDong

huh, looks neat

seriously?

Nothing wrong with Mint.
>ubuntu-based, so you get all the ubuntu and debian software, which there is a ton of
>just werks
>Cinnamon

What's wrong with systemd?

It's ugly

Anyone mention they are openly anti-Semitic?
abriefhistory.org/?p=774

And also abandoned KDE because of Nazism.

Attached: 1506205922281.png (323x282, 34K)

adware that injects code into browser packages that limits your search engines to only the ones that have sponsored Linux Mint

Actually Mint is un-bloated Ubuntu. It uses ubuntu's repos but it has much less bloat installed and running by default.

>disapproves of israeli government
>DURRR NAZI! Anti-semite!!!
Fuck off

It's a linux desktop OS

linux in general has files everywhere, there is no serious organization

>implying that's bad

Attached: DRASH.png (500x128, 93K)

Looks like I'll be using Mint + KDE from now on.

>People
autists aren't people

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-08 17-47-12.png (403x214, 24K)

Attached: evolution.jpg (600x367, 47K)

Enabling 'find as you type' and sending literally every keystroke you type in you're browser to google.

Attached: 1550343111242.png (311x278, 160K)

>thinking they won't send if you disable it

python apps

it doesnt have pacman or the aur

Ubuntu is one the worst distros to get people interested in Linux. If I would have known Mint and various others existed I wouldn't have waited as long.

Attached: jery.gif (177x141, 25K)

At least it won't send twice.