The year of the linux desktop pffftt hahahahah

The year of the linux desktop pffftt hahahahah

Attached: 2002546508.jpg (656x376, 31K)

I wouldn't call it too early, especially if security and performance issues worsen with windows.
This is from someone that wants windows to return to it's former glory... right now it's a window to hell.

>Windows
>Former glory
Haha ok fag

Quality > Quantity
Steam's Proton changed the game, goodbye Botnet 10

>There are more than 800 microdrones using Win10
Who cares? A lot of people listen to mainstream music that doesn't mean that it's good.

XP and 7 was decent. It did the job and you could change it with ease.
Now it's like wearing a gimp suit to work.

> Year of the desktop OS *
It has been the year of Linux Android smartphones supported by Linux servers every year for many years now.

Yeah but windows users don't really count. So, GNU/Linux wins by default

There are more than 800 million devices running Linux though

at least half of these are government pcs paid by yourself

fuck 7

20 gbs over xp for dx11

Desktop is not server/mobile phone though

>billions of devices running MINIX

but they arent desktop

Attached: 1517357039604.jpg (410x375, 40K)

It will never be the year of the Linux desktop no matter which idiot will tell you this time it will be for sure!
Linux distros all lack the usability the average tard expects. Always remember the average user is in over his head when he has to add two numbers in excel and people expect them to put up with Linux? Yeah right.

>I wouldn't call it too early, especially if security and performance issues worsen with windows.
this post would be valid to be posted every single year for the last 2 decades+

To be fair some Linux distros are easier to use than Windows now. I think something like Xubuntu is a lot easier to use on account of being far more simple

It's admittedly been a while since I hopped to Xubuntu but even then the most basic shit like installing some software the user wants is too scary for them if they can't download it from some software and double click on it to install. And have you ever seen the average user try to install Chrome on any distro? They get frustrated and instantly give up.
People especially on this board always underestimate just how retarded the average user is, and I am not talking about literal boomers that haven't seen anything more modern than an Apple LISA.

Most of those machines got fucking auto updated from 7, what is your point retard?

Ubuntu 18 has an app store, don't try and tell me app stores are too complicated.

>install chrome on mint or ubuntu
>literally click two buttons
Distros like mint and ubuntu have had repository browsers for years (more than a decade at this point), thousands of different software available in a few clicks, you don't need to visit a website or open a browser, or download an installation wizard. Other distros even let you select what browser you want to use in the post- or pre-installation wizard. Linux can be dead simple to use with the right distro and it's been this way for a long time.

I see both of you have had the luck to never need to interact with the average user.
I agree it's pretty fucking simple but do you know how the average user would react to that?
>But that's not how I always did it! It doesn't work!
>But that isn't how it always has been!
And more shit like that.

You can call me a faggot, an idiot, a shill or whatever. But the average user is literally on the same level as a squirrel that has been recently declared clinically brain dead and hates change more than anything. I have seen people declare "everything is broken the server is down!" because they accidentally renamed the Chrome shortcut on their desktop.

Not this one
$ python3 me_cleaner BIOS.bin

Attached: tumblr_ogvnwh8RqB1vl7qs8o1_640.png (600x696, 379K)

>they're so embarrassed of windows 10 share against windows 7 after 3 years, they have to use an absolute number
Pathetic.

Yup, we haven't had any "year of the desktop" in personal computing since smartphones won. It has been Android/Linux all along. (Actually maybe there was IOS winning personal computing for a moment; I don't remember with certainty if that already beat desktop or if it happened later).

And server computing had other contenders but Linux also won there.

With not embedded, its a bit hard to tell, but probably also Linux.

>I wouldn't call it too early, especially if security and performance issues worsen with windows.
Linux is just a app on windows which doesn't include the linux kernel. Google is replacing linux in android with its own kernel.
Its already over.