Least Data-Mining Browser

Newfag here Jow Forums, what is the best browser for general use that doesn't datamine the hell out of you and send usage reports etc? I'm looking for something that supports all modern web functions, not something like lynx. Open source I feel would be a good place to start, and I've heard good things about Waterfox and Brave, but I genuinely don't know a thing about them. Thoughts?

Attached: Browsers.png (800x452, 185K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
itsfoss.com/firefox-looking-glass-controversy/
ghacks.net/2017/10/06/mozilla-to-launch-firefox-cliqz-experiment-with-data-collecting/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Icecat

WaterFox is shit and out of date, probably built for niggerlicious cunts that do nothing more than browse Jow Forums, you want Brave, it's by far the best browser that won't fuck up the web

Brave

Ungoogled chromium is google chrome without google. what more could you ask for?

Attached: ungoogled_chromium.png (298x300, 28K)

Facebook smooth scrolling on a ryzen
Running basic websites smoothly on ryzen

Fuck google chrome right in the ass+ chromium

How does one remove browsing history from Chromium?

>facebook
Literally kill yourself

tor broswer
its use case is mitigating corporate surveillance, not government

Isn't Brave just Chromium with Dataminin and Crypto shit built in?

So let's set some foundations:
Chrome and Chromium are google botnet. That's obvious.
Brave has recently been discovered to be making major compromises despite their claimed focus on privacy. They're botnet.
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
Firefox has built-in telemetry. This can to some extent be disabled by the user, through the micromanagement of dozens upon dozens of about:config and user.js values.
Firefox is also notorious for slipping in stuff behind users' backs. Never forget this.
itsfoss.com/firefox-looking-glass-controversy/
ghacks.net/2017/10/06/mozilla-to-launch-firefox-cliqz-experiment-with-data-collecting/
It would seem that Moz://a doesn't have any concept of 'opt-in'. If they're willing to do this shit without telling users, what makes you think they won't silently revert your config changes and pass it off as one of their 'experiments'? Long story short, Firefox is botnet.
Safari, IE/Edge, Opera, and Vivaldi are proprietary.
[insert loonix webkitgtk/qtwebengine browser] is too barebones. Doesn't have any capacity for privacy/tracking protection besides occasionally a very basic adblocker.

Somebody link the neocities page please
tl;dr is that properly configured Firefox is currently very good, and the best available. Chromium browsers are all questionable (can you turn off HTML beacons/auditing, for example? Only one I'm aware of with an option for that is qutebrowser), forks like waterfox and pale moon do little except introduce an extra layer which you need to trust, and I wouldn't touch Brave until they become a lot more mature and their direction becomes clear.

Only problem with Firefox, other than the fact that out of the box it's really quite horrible, is its uncertain future. Right now, the main focus is on "diversity" and the normie-facing UI, and about:config - the core of Firefox's privacy capabilities - has so far been left pretty untouched. As far as I can see it's likely to continue this way, but there's no guarantee. The hope is that if it gets really bad, a proper fork with more than just a single NEET behind it will be made.

>what more could you ask for?
No chromium, for starters

Fuck you nigga. I have a life unlike you

I see your burn and choose to cast reverse. Nibba you just BTFOed yourself

Attached: uno_reverse.jpg (213x321, 15K)

Casual reminder brave used peoples likeness without their permission to promote a browser that doesn’t block ads but replaces them with ads that profit brave.

Do. Not. Use. Brave. more evil than google.

I really want to use Min, but lack of webm and Jow Forums X really makes me not.

For now, Vivaldi, Ungoogled Chromium, Iridium, Icecat and Firefox with tweaks are your options.

>doesn’t block ads
FUD. It absolutely does block ads. This is how I know you never actually used it.
The ad replacement thing is opt-in.

Iridium just werks

With chrome policy setting.

Every single Jow Forums user uses something different because they're all hipster douchebags. Or if they didn't see something recommended in a thread, they'll recommended that just to fuck with you.
This place is absolutely terrible to ask for any kind of recommendations.

Falkon

>without google
How can a techlet confirm that for himself?
Can I still not log into websites with that? I always need to be logged into way too many websites in every browsing sessions. Last time I tried it it didn't remember my logins.

It doesn't block half the ads. And it doesn't block ads on search engines. It's shit.

Only good answers in the thread. Tor and IceCat are the only options.

i think theyre removed for privacy

for what you are looking for:
Icecat.

Plz stop use waterfox, it's a stupid project of someone that think he can deal with security when a huge company stop trying

Firefox can be mitigated to no botnet
Ungoogled Chromium is great
qutebrowser's also nice but lacks functionality
Pale Moon can also be mitigated and is pretty comfy
Avoid Waterfox, Brave, and Opera. They're nothing but snake oil.

I need a certain level of convenience to get shit done though.
I don't have the time to manually log into 15 different sites every session.

impressive is ppl using chrome in 2019

They explicitly stated it’s purpose is not to block all ads you stupid fucking nigger

Facebook Browser

kek

I don't really care about their business model. Brave simply fails at being as privacy focused as they claim to be.
Their fingerprint protection is laughable and they are at the hands of Google as far as their engine is concerned.

This fag is now recommending FurryFox (PaleMoon), wow.

Attached: fpepe.jpg (640x628, 38K)

Forgot link
digdeeper.neocities.org/ghost/browsers.html

IceCat for normie browsing. Uninstall the shit addons that come with it and only install uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere and NoScript.

Tor Browser for everything else. Install uBlock Origin on this; TAILS uses uBlock for its Tor Browser so you wont create a unique fingerprint by doing this.

I'm using palemoon for years, but the VLC plugin keeps crashing and I get tired. In all my life I have always used Firefox and Palemoon. Changing the browser is not easy for me.

Do you know a better alternative?

yes, mpv