Whats the best way for a noob to host his own blog...

Whats the best way for a noob to host his own blog? and how high is the risk for a noob to get wrecked by hackers by doing so?

Attached: 1539742781120.jpg (900x1200, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/LukeSmithxyz/lb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

buy vps and setup blog using ngnix, or use some blog template creator

>and how high is the risk for a noob to get wrecked by hackers by doing so?
if you're using a vps, little to none. even so, a blog has nothing worth hacking.

you can blogpost here user

github pages or s3 static webpages. Learn a static webpage generator like Hugo or Jekyll.

use this github.com/LukeSmithxyz/lb
buy a VPS, host your generated sites there

Hijacking this thread. Are any of the meme static http servers any good, or is there some configuration option in apache or nginx that makes them operate in some static-only mode that would be more worthwhile to use instead?

But what is the best (cheapest) vps?

parse your blog locally then mirror plain html to service of your choice

This, most people are just using Hugo + Netlify + Gitlab or Github static pages or they're just using Medium + Twitter combo to shill their shit.

I use a VPS on DigitalOcean for $5/month and write my own HTML/CSS shit for my "blog". Just werks.

For some reason, also use Cloudflare so you have to go through the botnet to use my machine, but it keeps anyone from trying to SSH into it, even if the only auth are keys anyways.

I use ZEIT, it's a serverless platform where you just push to a global CDN from github or gitlab pages but there's tons of others. You can host static content, or client side content, or any kind of API that retrieves from s3 or other dbms scheme which is 99.9% of websites.

For complete VPS meaning you're setting up and maintaining your own nginx or Node.js pile of junk or whatever, it depends how much traffic. Digital Ocean docker containers are good enough for a lot of that if your requirements are small, if they are not small you just rent or buy a FreeBSD box somewhere and co-host it can handle a gagillion connections. Most of Discord and WhatsApp was basically just FreeBSD servers in the beginning each handling something like a million concurrent connections

If the sole reason you are using CloudFlare to merely prevent authkey based logging into ssh you can always just change the rounds on both your client side and server so you have a 'secret' algorithm, so adding one or two more rounds. Now nobody can connect to it unless they know your 'secret' numbers of rounds. It's an old trick many hackers used to use that still works since nobody running an automatic bot pounding away looking for open ssh ports is going to manually change their ssh library.

Is there any way to use github pages that interact with a database stored elsewhere, just to save on bandwidth? Is it even worth it at that point?

more details on this? not asking for spoonfeeding, but are you referring to KDF rounds? that's what came up when I googled

Try writing client side html generation but then that's all kind of dangerous security wise. Would be easier to just use Netlify free tier or something

openbsd httpd server

Of course that means you'll have to learn openbsd from scratch, simply to run a single static webpage.

what is that, is it real?

Attached: DmS6Z66XcAwYenF.jpg (687x630, 127K)

>client side html generation
Yeah, that's what I was thinking
>dangerous security wise
How would it be any less secure than using a regular backend? You'd just have a json file sent to a database server, with a minimal backend that authenticates with a token, and stores/receives any data from a database according to the request
Looks like firebase/heroku does exactly that though

had to go to work, will reply later. High level overview is obtain survey paper or documentation how openssh works and download to host and target machine. Change your chosen cipher to add one or two rounds effectively inventing your own protocol. Build and maintain. Try scanning for it, open port found that speaks unknown protocol and nothing can even handshake with it

Attached: seal.webm (960x540, 1.9M)

:3

why isn't it wearing trousers

Attached: xgk3Abe.png (104x99, 21K)

It's a seal patty on a grill

thanks user

So close to