Halp

>Question about SSD

Does disabling page file is good for the drive?

I don't mind spending more with RAM. The OS reainstall procedure hurts me more desu.

Please help and don't be mean. Thanks

Attached: 1533391252306.jpg (904x567, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifehacker.com/understanding-the-windows-pagefile-and-why-you-shouldnt-5426041
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Use microsoft one drive as pagefile
Downloadmoreram.com
Hope this helps

It literally doesn't matter nowadays. even EVO trash survives petabytes of writes.

not OP , more explanation ??

I post a cute girl and you are mean like that
no wonder you are a virgin

You are the projecting fat neckbeard larping as a gook

4 years as the system drive and still 100% health, what's there to understand.

Attached: 1525846322025.png (680x654, 94K)

Buy a 1 TB hd for $30 to hold the page/ram partition and for storing other shit that you don't access that often.

>wear leveling count 40
explain?????

One of first chink ssd's, now ~7 years old, runs as sys drive on low mem machine so shitton of swapping.

It's non issue.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (674x774, 87K)

No.

You guys really like your page files...
What's wrong in disabling it?

Attached: not gay bitch.gif (384x216, 1.84M)

Because I fell for the 8GB of RAM meme. If you have 16 you can disable it, sure.

It's 2010 machine so only 4 gigs.

Attached: Clipboard02.png (660x525, 41K)

Depends on nand type and capacity. On the low end spectrum you have 120GB TLC SSD which can only sustain up to 120TB of write endurance before the drive either fails or goes into read-only mode. On the high end spectrum a 1TB MLC SSD can chew up to 3,000TB of writes before it fails/read-only mode.

However even with that 120GB TLC SSD it's hard to say wether using it as virtual RAM would significantly reduce its lifespan or not since said RAM works differently than normal RAM, more like a cache I think. Personally I'd go with a 240GB TLC SSD and set the page file to 8GB or less just to be safe.

Attached: picture17.jpg (620x297, 49K)

tfw 2011 machine with 8gb

>The OS reainstall procedure hurts me more desu.
Why are you reinstalling your OS?

>SSD cells keep getting worse
>SSDs themselves keep getting better
How the fuck does this even work.

stop posting this thot

Actually some software/gaymes have issues on machines with no page file. It's a good idea to leave at least 1-2 GB of it enabled.

Wear leveling. Even with bottom of the barrel QLC NAND trash you can achieve high endurance if you cram like 2-4 TB of it on an SSD. In fact many servers implement Raid 10 or go balls out raid 0 with TLC SSDs to exploit this.

What's in her mouth?

in case of the SSD failing I mean
disabling page file would make it last longer

Attached: Kayona Kim.jpg (746x674, 53K)

You can transfer the OS over to the new disk if it goes read only.

A puppy.

>Actually some software/gaymes have issues on machines with no page file. It's a good idea to leave at least 1-2 GB of it enabled.
then it can't be helped

thanks anyways for all the valuable input

Attached: 1531149791692.jpg (1280x1706, 381K)

Probably the average erase count.

Prob my fav jav star. Has a great body and cute face. Need to see if /t/ has a good torrent for her stuff

>Does disabling page file is good for the drive?
It's absolutely unneeded in this modern age and actually BAD for SSD. If you have an SSD of 256GB or more, don't touch Page File at all.

see Unless you can prove page filing wears down SSDs to the BONE in 1-2 years then I don't trust like that.

>t. shit for brains

lifehacker.com/understanding-the-windows-pagefile-and-why-you-shouldnt-5426041

What you really want to disable especially if you have an SSD is the superfetch (aka sysmain) service.

It's not about cell lifespan, you dumb fucks. Because even a shitty TLC 256GB drive will last at least 25 years of everyday hammering, while ultra-shitty QLC will last at least 8 years.
It's important to not touch upon Page File on SSD because it directly affects overall speed in a BAD way, in contrary to mainstream beliefs. There will be micro-stutters and overall drop of R&W speed, if you do that on an SSD. It doesn't work same way as when you turn of Paging on an HDD.

>It doesn't work same way as when you turn of Paging on an HDD.
it should

Proof?