Beginner C projects

what are some small projects to write to hone my C skills?
gentle recommendations please. I don't want to get overwhelmed

Attached: NEET.png (1875x1779, 2.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gen.lib.rus.ec/
oldlinux.org/download/ECLK-5.0-WithCover.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pokémon battles

FizzBuzz. Congrats, you have reached the limits of how complex a C program can be before it fucks up everything.

every time you type "op" you get 1 fag point
bonus: make a gui

simple text game should be easy and fun too

coding this isn't that hard right

No. You'll be mostly using loops and rand() at best.

Download the source code for a MUD, get it running, and then tinker. You can even look up snippets to drop in and try to get working.

Depends on how fancy you want to get with the GUI. Mechanically it's very basic.

K&R

Make a deck of cards, shuffle them, deal a hand. Draw cards from deck at an interval of 5 until deck is depleted.

Work your way through SICP instead.

Ignore these meme-addled faggots.

Go to gen.lib.rus.ec/ and grab a copy of K.N. King's C Programming: A Modern Approach, which covers C99 and how to properly architect a C program. Be sure to pay attention on how to use typedef and construct abstract data types.

For a simple project, try using ImageMagick to manipulate images. Maybe try making a simple meme generator. That will cover how to use libraries, how to do file I/O and working with strings.

King's book is exceptionally bad and riddled with mistakes.
You've got quite an attitude to recommend that piece of garbage and call others "meme-addled faggots"
Kill yourself.

Mind posting some examples?

don't use C its current year

what is a MUD?

or better yet write an algorithm in C that will solve any winnable game of solitaire and detect when a game is not winnable.

>what is a MUD?
is everyone on Jow Forums underage now? what the fuck, man

Multi User Dungeon, ancestor of modern MMOs, but text based.

May as well post this for others.

Attached: 1539360644463.png (1920x1080, 549K)

Prove it, faggot. It's miles better than K&R C and you're just a LARPer until you can demonstrate otherwise. Notice you didn't actually suggest anything or contribute in any meaningful way.

Male Urine Dispenser

Make a simple game like Snake.

Seriously fun, and a nice addition to solitaire when you have nothing to do or are waiting for something.

chip8 interpreter

>C
waste of time

Considering the current state of my previous "home" MUD you're not far off really.

>C skills
Learn C++

>start programming
>immediately feel tired

Attached: 1mlz0e.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

a wifi driver

sounds like your airways are constricted slightly reducing the oxygen from the peak flow rate you need to program

iktfb

underage

Sounds like you're burned out.

gimme da loot

>2019
>using C for anything but to recreate cryptographic algorithms from scratch to avoid (their) backdoors

I'm 28 and I never played a MUD growing up, I think you're just a 40+ year old boomer

I'm 24, and I know what a MUD is. I think you're just a pleb. also check em

I know what a MUD is, just never played one. I think you are one of those "le wrong generation" fags though.

I'm pretty sure a guy documented and went through the Linux kernel (a super early version) so give that a read. I'd imagine it'll teach a lot about scaling with C

You mean this?

oldlinux.org/download/ECLK-5.0-WithCover.pdf

It's great stuff but probably best as supplemental reading while you take an OS class.

Rollin

Minesweeper

Rolll

struct pokemon {
char *name;
unsigned int index;
int type;
unsigned int hp;
unsigned int attack;
unsigned int defense;
unsigned int spattack;
unsigned int spdefense;
unsigned int speed;
unsigned int state; /* poisoned, etc. */
};

and here is your struct
unsigned int attack(struct pokemon *from, struct pokemon *to)
{
int seed;
srand(seed + time(NULL) + to -> hp);
return rand()%100-to->defense;
}

and here is your attack, need to handle skills though, that would be just a from->skill inserted in return.

Proof that P = NP

roll

Attached: GrandEminentAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif (500x449, 1.44M)

Project Euler

>Congrats, you have reached the limits of how complex a C program can be before it fucks up everything.
Assuming it doesn't fail on a big enough number.

rollllllllin