What language can stop Python from becoming more and more popular and used?

What language can stop Python from becoming more and more popular and used?

Attached: 32532235253523.png (512x512, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/759654/
python.org/dev/peps/pep-0572/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Julia

It's like python, but not shit.

itself, now that it's leaderless

Go

what happen

Crystal. The only thing they need is real multithreading, then they'll start making scripting languages obsolete
>/home/`whoami`/go
no thank you

Can’t rm why but someone commented on the last hn thread about Julia and explained why Julia is shit

it can't be stopped

How many fucking languages were supposed to be the next big thing and failed miserably at the end, crystal will probably end the same way

Then he was wrong.

Go is literally dead

Stop being autistic. Why would you ever want to make Python not be popular?
Jesus, crawl back to you whatever hole you live your miserable life in and kys.

perl!

I didn't say that, i actually quite like Python, its comfy and you can do whatever the fuck you want in it without too much hassle, just wondering if there can be something as accesible and "important" that will make people switch

JavaScript

C

Get another language with numpy, pandas, matplotlib, etc..
The reason Python is so used is because of the ecosystem. Create a language a better ecosystem and that language will surpass Python.

Meant to reply to

Julia

Nim.
Beautiful as python, but with a sane type system, actually adequate performance, and portable as hell.

Go

This. Atleast as far as data science and high performance computing is concerned.

Attached: Aqua daumen hoch.png (200x200, 56K)

Red Bull me on Julia because it sounded like shit. I think it had to do with interoperability / compiler shit

Quit being an autistic fucking hipster

lwn.net/Articles/759654/
Old news.

Because Python's scoping is utterly horrible.

Why was this so contentious?
python.org/dev/peps/pep-0572/

I've not heard a single interesting thing about it. What does it have that other languages lack? I hope it's statically typed.

People wanting to force their ideas and people thinking it wasn't necessary. Python is very full of "contributors" who think they are correct. Its power play, politically so sock puppets and all the drama associated with core people disagreeing because they actually have to implement it. Theoretically, they could say no.

Node obviously.