/spg/ - Smartphone General

DeX Out Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 1551873484996.jpg (1960x2951, 831K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/linux-on-dex-beta/
linuxondex.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for why haven't you bought an S10+ yet, /spg/?

Is the Pocophone still worth it after all these months?

Anyone have eyes on a case for the S10?

But I did. Just hasn't arrived yet

Attached: DTYr74nVMAEFzH_.jpg (655x509, 53K)

Here in Brazil the S10+ 128 GB will cost 5.5x the monthly minimum wage (R$ 5500 vs R$ 998), or about 2x the avarage wage.

I'll have to stick with my chinkphone for now.

Because I have a Pocophone

Attached: db6b61e9.jpg (1080x1331, 94K)

Can someone explain this meme

Of course.
>great custom ROM support
>second best Snapdragon SoC
>4000 mAh
>micro SD card slot
>3.5mm audio jack
>same camera sensor as the Pixel 3
>around $300

Does DeX on the S10+ run 18.04 LTS? Or is it still stuck on 16.04?

What kit is that? Ubuntu on phone? WTF is this sorcery?

Linux on DeX

Seems it's still on 16.04

I guess it depends on who you know. I wouldn't be surprised if having a smartphone was an implied necessity in school though, like an app is to be used in class or for an assignment. I say that because I remember back in high school, a link where you could register for your senior quote in the yearbook was on the school's Facebook page, and my friend who didn't have Facebook didn't know about it. It feels smartphones have become so widespread people automatically assume you have one.

>chinkshit
Cringe

>>>/discord/
>>>/youtube/

>Linux on DeX

Recommend guide for setup?

More phones need to be made with this kinda plastic, it just feels so fucking great.

Attached: 329121-nokia-lumia-1020-at-t.jpg (774x648, 47K)

You need a Galaxy S10-series phone, Note9 or Tab S4. Install this APK:
apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/linux-on-dex-beta/

And then follow the instructions here:
linuxondex.com/

Not sure who's worse, s10 shills or Pocophone shills.

If pocophone was 100 euros cheaper but used cardboard instead of plastic, would you get it?

Attached: 25donaldtrumpsmart.w1200.h630.jpg (1200x630, 166K)

i wonder how long this glass on glass meme will last

Lineage OS 15 or 16?

my old lumia rm1032 is having problem with the charging port that gets worse each day, to the point that it wont charge overnight anymore. sometimes it wont recognize the charger for an entire afternoon or night, and on best situations it notificates connected and disconnected every minute. this phone was my mom's and she had the usb port replaced before. being connected to the charger also causes it to restart/reset randomly.

help

Attached: 1493648511506.jpg (1625x1003, 245K)

Time for a new phone

>android in $currentyear

Attached: real_phone.jpg (1125x2048, 413K)

im very poor

Definitely pocophone shills

the s10 is a legitimately good product.

>nb4 shill

Attached: wink wink.gif (200x185, 188K)

Get a cheap phone then

"First world problem" and all that but i cannot accept notches. If it had a pop out or whatever i'd snap it up i'm sure depending on the supported bands
/tech/ is autistic /shill/ generals now

S10 is a joke with that holepunch - their ads hopelessly try to hide it and they know it's just a shit stop gap until underscreen cameras. I'd like a OP5T but the small battery and lack of OIS is not acceptable for the price but they're the only company that i don't have to read 2 weeks of xda threads to onlock. Hoping the OP7 saves the day seeing Sony haven't

> t. i don't know anything about the s10, i just like talking trash because i hate my life and can't find the exact device to fill my specific autistic needs, so im gonna be butthurt for ever.

Hey Jow Forums I've currently got an LG G4 that's on its last legs, I'm in Canada and have a pretty slim choice of phones at my carrier. I don't use a phone enough to warrant something like an S10. I'm tied between a G7thinq and S9+, any other suggestions? Not very interested in any chinkshit.

>buying overpriced shit when you could get a Pocophone

how'd u do that ? some kind of a shit like linux deploy ?

Attached: img_0.gif (413x587, 75K)

Wow, how ripped off you're getting. How unfair. Yeah, and everyone is a shill, it can't be that people want to spend less rather than more for a phone, no, that never happens.

Enjoy it sucker.

Attached: hole.jpg (285x285, 22K)

Buy pocophone

Nope,fully native. postmarketOS. It's an alpine linux port for phones specifically.

Why don't you critique what i said in my post you fat yank cunt? All the current front camera implementations for bezel-less screens are bad compromises whilst they are attempting better solutions. SD is bootloader locked in the US and Exynos isn't as good.

Because Note 8 is still in perfect condition

But you cannot make phone calls because the firmware is crap.

My neighbor gave me their deceased father's Samsung Galaxy S4. Aside from the battery being fucked, it works fine. I've never owned an Android device before, but I genuinely like messing around with it.

I'd like to get into Android, but I'm happy with my current daily driver (iPhone).

Are there any dirt cheap Android phones or tablets that would be good for learning the OS, messing around with it, pirating game APK's, and possibly development purposes? I didn't want to spend more than $50-100.

Attached: 1fcb403e6a73fde60517d8ec8b31de62.png (420x420, 14K)

Get a new battery for the S4, it's old but was a phenomenal phone in its time. Load some custom roms and shit into that fucker

I'm changing phones soon. What should I do with my old device? It works fine.

Can you use a Huawei phone on sprint?

How much do you think a refurbished s10 will be?

No

what's the end goal of xiaomi dangling new phones every 3 months
this note 7 just came out but note 7 pro is better in every way and should be out in 2-3 months

is copperhead still the go to company for out of the box secure phones?

Need to decide quick if nokia 9 is worth it, I dont want ANY chinese, taiwan, indian, korean or sh*t phone.
But i'm afraid hmd global has taken 100% of nokia, and foxconn has taken 100% of hmd, and china is 100% foxconn.
But nokia 9 UNlocked for 599$ for 2 days seems like i have to get it?

It's an incels idea of masculinity

Don't the stores give you a return period? Just take it back if you don't like it.

the s10 is chinkshit you assburger

technically foxconn is taiwan

Nigga how do I get GANUH/Ubonto on my dumbphone?

Attached: 1549228984389.jpg (219x281, 23K)

>what's the end goal of xiaomi dangling new phones every 3 months
To fuck over Oppo, Huawei and soon Samsung whenever possible.

Does this work on the S8+? Or you really need the 6GB RAM of the S9?

I thought it was in the autonomous region of Tibet

OK I'm installing 16. Would you guys recommend going with official or unofficial builds?

Some user said the other day that the official LOS builds suck.

amazing phone for real, the notch doesn't bother me but i can see how it would others, but the speed oh fuck the speed... I've run windows 7 in limbo emulation and it's useable once loaded, you won't be sorry for the price

Name phones which are not manufactured in Asia, i'll wait.

Wish it worked on Note 8 :(

S9+

Touchjizz isn't shit show it used to be, specs and performance are still top tier & Samsung added a system wide dark mode with the Pie update.

I've seen cheap Android phones at best buy for like $30

Can someone redpill me on custom roms? Why would you want to fuck with your phone's warranty?
What can they do? Is it worth the risk?

pocophone fags are what the zuk and every other chinkphone fags used in the past. I remember when this place wouldn't shut up about the axon, place is full of dirt poor fags
They'll go on and on about what a smart purchase they made and how they're getting the same thing

Axon 7 was the best flagship of 2016 except for camera

Does this the Pocophone have notification led? This is important!

yes. but white only.

Is there any deals on the S10? I read some meme headline that they depreciate 42% in a month so I'll just wait a month to buy one instead of now.

>Buy a Redmi Note 7 on eBay
>Pick one from my own country for quicker shipping as well as better warranty support
>Seller turns out to be lying chinks shipping from Shenzhen
>Talk to eBay support and they tell me I would be able to return it for a full refund, return shipping would be on the seller due to not as advertised
>After botching to them seller offers me a $15AU discount if I keep the phone and leave positive feedback
What do? I don't really want to deal with the hassle of shipping it back and chasing this refund, but I don't want to give these cunts a sale on principle.

Attached: image0.jpg (720x545, 62K)

Return it
Fuck cheaty chinky

RN4X still going strong. No point in upgrading when it hasn't died and Gcam makes it bearable.

I probably should, but I'm on neetbux and urgently need a new phone to replace my old dying S4. I do have enough money that I could just buy another local one while I wait for the refund, though.
When I confronted them their excuse was that their Sydney warehouse was out of stock so they sent mine directly from China from me. I then asked them if their returns address is in Australia or China, they told me that it must be returned to China. It's almost as if their AU warehouse doesn't exist or something! I'm just going to keep playing dumb and press them about returning it to their AU warehouse until I can get them to admit it (and get them banned from eBay).

Attached: 1470474591910.gif (184x200, 1.35M)

Should I buy the Pixel?

Refuse and elevate.
Ebay will force a refund.

>of instead of have
why can't americans use proper english?

Imagine being this mad for being stupid yourself.

>of instead of have
who are you replying to?

read the image of the post I replied to.

lol, my bad. I agree, then. Maybe they're NPCs? Having an internal dialogue makes it a lot more obvious when something you're typing doesn't make sense.

FUCKING VERIZON SAID MY S10 WOULD BE HERE TODAY.
now it's not supposed to come until the 13th

>Aqua
Fucking based, you and the rest of aquaposters on Jow Forums.

Attached: 1551906657744.png (875x1250, 703K)

I'm just gonna get the OnePlus 7T, I hate notchshit.

Your fault for buying holeshit, tasteless pleb.

get a lumia 950 they are like 80 shekels on ebay and u can install Wangblows 10 ARM meme and get some old school gaymmzz and programs in it

install lineage, S4 is still a decent device to mess around

Fiance's Lumia950 feels so good but she needs to get a new phone soon unfortunately

just got an s10, switched from iphone
im going to root with magisk i think. new as fuck to all this
is there a guide to completely unjewing your phone? i want to disable all the tracking nonsense, remove garbage software, etc.
also what is your favorite web browser and why should i use it? what about email managing app? any other apps that you would recommend?
pls and thank you anons

Not a phone but Android question.
I got my hands on a couple of generic chink "TV boxes", both with chinese root (superSU). Netflix won't run on either. Any chance I can get it working with Magisk hide or something? I don't even know how to access recovery mode yet.

the s9 dropped less than 5% in the first month, i have absolutely no idea why the 40% headline became a thing

"Make sure your phone was running OxygenOS 5.1.4 at least once"

Anyone know why this is necessary for installing LOS on oneplus?

It refers to reselling your phone. As if people resell consumer electronics now.

based pocochad

Sent from my Pocophone F1.

Yes, and it starts by acquiring a device with unlockable bootloader.

are you saying ive already fucked myself out of my dream of stropping others from seeing my nudes and profiting from my data ?

How are the galaxybuds?

$240 for a Nokia 7 Plus in my country lads, should I?

How is the Mi Mix 3 considered a phablet? I can hold it vertically in one hand between my thumb and middle finger.

Attached: 1508921730518.jpg (211x239, 4K)

>855 and 6gb RAM
>Not stupidly tall
>No fucking edge display
>No pointless quad HD display you're just gonna throttle down to 1080p anyway
Samsung already won 2019 and it's with their fucking iPhone XR knockoff. Can chinkbrands even compete?

Attached: bananaphone.jpg (1200x1144, 142K)