Linux is the literal antithesis of everything Jow Forums stands for

Linux is the literal antithesis of everything Jow Forums stands for.
>muh gender fluidity
>poo in loos
>muh net neutrality
>muh computer for kids in africa bawwwwwwwww
>MUH FREE AS IN FREE BEER
>FREEEE
It's fucking trash. Screen tearing ALWAYS.
>image editing
>MUH GIMP
>MUH 50-KEY SHORTCUT TO DO ANYTHING
>PEPER IN MY COLOR
GIMP IS NOT PHOTOSHOP YOU FUCKING HIPPY.
>video editing
>kdenlive
just lol fucking die already
Have you watched a single feature-length movie made in kdenlive? Fuck you, retard.
>muh secret club programming enviroment
Literally a MYTH. The MAJORITY of the world uses WINDOWS. Why would you PROGRAM on a machine that runs anything else???
If you want QUALITY you have to PAY FOR IT. Since when did we use Linux?

Attached: TUXISCUCKED.jpg (3840x2160, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0tadL7nY8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

*farts*
oh no i just took a stinky poo poo

Jow Forums doesn't stand for anything numbnuts, we're just a bunch of asshats bullshitting

>logo from 1999
>a dumb fucking penguin
When are you fags gonna finish LARPing Neo from the fucking Matrix? You're as bad as the mactards.
>MUH UNIX
Nobody uses Unix anymore. It failed for a good reason.
>muh windows 10 forced updates
Just turn them off faggot. Holy shit.

>> Choosing a single OS instead of dual-booting or owning multiple PC's.

Jow Forums doesn't "stand" for anything other than shitposting you underage nigger

I've been on here longer than you have, faggot. This commie Linux shilling didn't take over till 2016.

Windows is utter garbage.
Suck my dick before you fuck off.

so? we still don't stand for anything here

>literally the most popular operating system in human history
>garbage

And? Jow Forums has had shills for retarded shit since forever. If you think Jow Forums has a set ideology you should maybe go back to 8ch or Jow Forums or whatever other shithole you came from.

>If you want QUALITY you have to PAY FOR IT.
desu i could live with a cli interface if it wasn't for the retarded faggot formats everyone keeps pushing
e.g. the gorillions of variations of mpeg format for videos and audio, if my memory does not fail me, it could play a 360p video perfectly, but that isn't enough, let's introduce rmvb right? ok now about text, we had rtf, then microsoft pushed for doc format which seemed fairly stable but would not render in fucking msdos, so i had to upgrade to windows 95 to view those files. then office 2003 comes and it introduces enough changes in the file format to render it unreadable by office 95/97, so again i had to upgrade my windows to xp (or was it millennium? i don't remember). and so on and so forth, leading to the current bloat we are witnessing, we just keep on creating new retarded formats to do exactly the same thing, this is everywhere.
that is retarded. a retarded thing that is playing out in smartphones as well, we had email, now everyone is moving away from that to retarded applications such as whatsapp and telegram, which works just as well as a mere email, given how fast sending and receiving said messages are now.
avi was good for uncompressed video, mpeg was pretty good for compressed video, bmp was good for uncompressed images, jpeg is still good for compressed images, nothing can match rtf because it supports all kinds of images and audio(?) video(?) inside said file, i would argue that it could beat html since we already had word processors to handle layout for pages. interaction already happened in usenet, but that was a retarded protocol that was easily emulated by mailing lists, irc is also retarded unless you want your ip exposed for whatever purpose. html is also retarded, rtf can handle everything it does already. forms are stupid, so stupid that corporations still exchange their own forms written in pdf or an internal software covering their own needs.

and before you ask how that would work in a cli environment, remember that we can run fucking quake2 in msdos youtube.com/watch?v=Hv0tadL7nY8

you could always transcode or whatever when you download so that each type of file is in a uniform format.

OP is right tho

linuxfags btfo
hard

Attached: 1520094059705.gif (256x196, 547K)

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux operating system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

all of them were written for windows, not dos, so that was fairly pointless because i would have to keep a machine running windows, and desktops weren't easily accessible until mid 00s.
not sure who else besides me would be interested in a project targeting raw cli so it would make old ass hardware usable again.

>muh Jow Forums
Found the liberal. Time for you to leave.

Attached: goback.gif (350x232, 461K)

Nope, just not the type of literal insane person who is sucking all of the fun out of the internet. The only time Jow Forums is consistent ideologically is when it's doing the opposite of what Reddit does.

I literally cannot understand any of this

>linux
>image editing
>video editing
Better off using a browser based editor cause native lincucks apps don't accomplish shit and will crash on you.

Really? I've rarely had problems using GIMP, kdenlive, etc. in the 5 years I've used linux. Come on cuck, you can do better.

Not him but gimp is a UI nightmare.

That's the whole point.

>Nobody uses Unix anymore
Macfaggots do.
Your point?

Jow Forums != Jow Forums.