github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Evaluating mpv's upscaling algorithms now with chroma:
artoriuz.github.io/mpv_upscaling.html

Attached: Hamtaro.png (960x720, 691K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diff.pics/klinsbvSQp4E/2
raw.githubusercontent.com/Artoriuz/artoriuz.github.io/master/images/mpv_upscaling/violet/bilinear.png
raw.githubusercontent.com/Artoriuz/artoriuz.github.io/master/images/mpv_upscaling/violet/FSRCNNX-8-0-4-1.png
mpv.io/installation/
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/5804
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6415
dotcolon.net/
huertatipografica.com/en/fonts/alegreya-sans-ht
github.com/rossy/mpv-install
github.com/rossy/mpv-install/blob/master/README.md
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Based artoriuz killing all the meme scalers in one blow.

how do i set the auto-profile:

[4k]
profile-desc=cond:get('width', -math.huge) >= 2000
interplation=no

to also include >30fps videos and turn off interpolation?

i want to fug that hamster

*shills*

for watching older anime how's this?

video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes
tscale=box
tscale-window=sphinx
tscale-radius=1.0
tscale-clamp=0.0

>tscale-radius=1.0
1.01 is the sweet spot according to the meme makers

[4k]
profile-desc=cond:get('width', -math.huge) >= 2000 and get('container_fps', 0) > 30
interpolation=no

you can also use the estimated FPS instead:
[4k]
profile-desc=cond:get('width', -math.huge) >= 2000 and get('estimated-vf-fps', 0) > 30
interpolation=no

>and
i can use
or
instead right?

correct

If that's what you want to do then this might be better
[4k]
profile-desc=cond:get('width', -math.huge) >= 2000 or get('container_fps', 0) > 30 or get('estimated-vf-fps', 0) > 30
interpolation=no

##Video##
gpu-api=d3d11
gpu-context=d3d11
hwdec=d3d11va
profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

##Audio##
alang=eng,en
volume-max=200

##Subtitle##
slang=eng,en
sub-auto=fuzzy
sub-ass-force-margins=yes
embeddedfonts=no
sub-font="Tahoma"
sub-color="#ffffffff"
sub-border-color="#101010"
sub-gray=yes
sub-gauss=.75

##Screenshot##
screenshot-format=jpg
screenshot-tag-colorspace=yes
screenshot-template=C:\Users\user\Pictures\%F_%p_%n

##Misc##
ontop
msg-module
no-osd-bar
keep-open=yes
loop-file=inf
priority=high
autofit=100%
geometry=50%:50%
cursor-autohide=200
prefetch-playlist=yes
force-window=immediate
save-position-on-quit
watch-later-directory=C:\Program Files\mpv\watch_later

##OSC##
script-opts=osc-title=${filename},osc-layout=bottombar,osc-seekbarstyle=bar,osc-deadzonesize=0,osc-minmousemove=2,osc-hidetimeout=1000,osc-vidscale=no

##Stream##
ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

mpv is dead

thx

Attached: screen-WWE.Smackdown.Live.2019.03.05.720p.HDTV.x264-KYR_2019-03-08-00:00:01.jpg (1280x720, 428K)

>scale=ewa_lanczossharp
>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
memes

>memes
meme

>sub-font="Tahoma"
Absolutely disgusting.

newfag here
how do i get the white background around the text?

Read the fucking sticky faggot Don't fucking post until you've lurked for at least 2 years.

>how do i get the white background around the text?
what white background?

Attached: screen-2019-03-08-22.43.14.png (1567x888, 227K)

wtf is this furry shit

>comfy furry for comfy media player

seems ok for me

>zzzzzzzzz/10

>killing

diff.pics/klinsbvSQp4E/2

Looks it backs up his results to me.

>being this denialist

damn. where can I download the "source" scaler???

Attached: 1551646138461.jpg (2500x2500, 527K)

Not sure what you mean. ewa_lanczossharp looks like shit there. All ewa scaler memes were killed.

see

it's called "source" for a reason..........................

its called source because you wont provide me with a source, right? you guys are such assholes

Attached: 1548936919821.png (485x443, 31K)

Just because some guy on github suggested it doesn't mean it's ideal, the whole point of that sphinx thing is to allow granular changes
Personally I use 0.86, 1.01 causes far too much ghosting for my liking

can you show screens of the difference?

I'm not to sure how I would capture that, I would have to take screenshots of my entire screen during playback and hope that I catch the correct frame...

how do I actually find the correct name for subtitles from my OS
for example I want to try Inter Medium but mpv just tells me
>[osd/libass] fontselect: Using default font family: (mpv-osd-symbols, 400, 0) -> ArialMT, 0, ArialMT
so I assume that's the wrong name

Inter-SemiBold works
Inter-everythingelse doesn't
why

I'll stick to VLC

open windows notepad and select format>font. try a combination of something like Inter Semi Bold Italic, Inter Semi-Bold-Italic, Inter-SemiBoldItalic, InterSemiBoldItalic, etc.

zzzzzzzzz

the whole point of it its to emulate the motion if you fall behind 0.9 its practically like not having it at all and a waste of power

So can anyone redpill me on mpv and how it would make my Chinese cartoons look better than playing them in mpc-hc or MPlayer?

>more like VLC will be sticked to you

I disagree I can see the difference between off and 0.86

yeah with live content is easy af

open the links in two tabs:

if u can see a difference between this (any normal media player quality): raw.githubusercontent.com/Artoriuz/artoriuz.github.io/master/images/mpv_upscaling/violet/bilinear.png

and this (glorious mpv player): raw.githubusercontent.com/Artoriuz/artoriuz.github.io/master/images/mpv_upscaling/violet/FSRCNNX-8-0-4-1.png

Then this is for you.
>mpv.io/installation/

I guess that works thanks but that's incredibly annoying I remember trying to find a font name over a year ago and I couldn't find the right combination of dashes and lack of spaces so I just stuck with the default
no other programs have issues like this but then again they all have guis

that is magic dude

It really is the most annoying thing about mpv. You should be able to just specify a path and point to the font file. Notepad and the Windows font manager actually give me a different name than Microsoft Word sometimes, and many times it's the name specified by the Office suite that's correct. People that don't have that installed are sort of fucked if Notepad gives them the wrong name; they have to play the spacing game until they get it.

You shouldn't have to trial and error and bruteforce just to select a fucking font. Lots of programs that regularly deal with subtitles have full typeface functionality and autodetection. But even if I throw the OTF files into the 'fonts' folder they won't load if I get the name wrong in the config.

depends on how many frames you are trying to interpolate. if you have a 144/165 or even 240 monitor you can still tell the difference

i don't think you can capture ghosting
no pun intended

.t Nietzsche

If mpv respected the font names that Windows provides it would be much simpler, on Windows 10 at least there's an entire section regarding information about the selected font
But of course, none of the displayed names work with mpv

Attached: fonts.png (710x541, 24K)

Not sure if it's poor subtitles or an issue with my config, but when a background conversation like a tv/radio is being subtitles and characters begin also conversing some subs are pushed into the middle of the screen, is there any parameter I can alter in my config file to stop individual lines spacing like this?

It really shouldn't be difficult to change --sub-font so that instead of accepting it takes either or in /mpv/fonts. How it's still like this is beyond me.

sitting here complaining won't change that fact. go to github.com/mpv-player/mpv/issues and open a feature request. honestly, just like you said, it shouldn't be difficult at all to make what you asked for a possibility

>using abandonware

>mpcdead butthurt on the clock

Daaamn, madshi is literally on fire now.
I hope he will release a new "stable" madVR version soon and hope madVR ENVY will cost less than $500.

>The world's best 4K HDR tone mapping (and more) from any source. No HTPC required! Sign up to be the first to know about breaking news and the pre-order.
OMG!

>madVR's algorithms require tons of processing power. There will be hardware parts in the Envy that each cost more than an HD Fury device. The initial release is going to be for the high-end home theater market. Pricing is not set yet, but I can say that if you're looking for prices anywhere near to an HD Fury device I'm afraid you will be deeply disappointed.
lol

Attached: 1525156904439.png (387x727, 211K)

Wait & See ;)

I leave for a week and we're back to half the posts being about madvr, great

Competition is good for humanity!

It is but madvr already has 2 entire subfourms dedicated to it with thousands of posts
There's no need to come shitpost here

Yeah but almost all madVR features will come to mpv, so talking about madVR is like talking about mpv in the future.

>install the madVr meme
>gpu instantly goes to 100% usage the second it finishes installing
>fans are ramping up, "ready for take-off"
>nearing 3000 rpm
>try to ignore it, for now
>decide to check out the settings of this meme
>has open source shaders like adaptive sharpen, luma sharpen.
>has old ass avisynth filters like FFT3DFilter, Unblock and FineDehalo ripped and implemented under generic names like denoise, deblock and dehalo into his closed® source™ project©
>earns all the praise of subhuman, low IQ weebs anyway
> "my next version is for paying customers only. please be excited, goyim ;)

Attached: 1551539361361.jpg (646x687, 69K)

Evolve or die...

Attached: 1547906253954.png (420x420, 380K)

Attached: 1550313266655.jpg (425x340, 14K)

now that Linux 5.0 supports freesync how do I tell mpv to use it?

you forgot to mention how the software needs has some old as fuck dependency to some splittershit

Attached: 1550640863271.jpg (1462x1462, 189K)

Attached: 1550135970147.jpg (1080x1073, 148K)

The 5.x branch is bloated as fuck and much slower. Damn, hope fuschia will be smarter for servers.

>fans are ramping up, "ready for take-off"
>nearing 3000 rpm

Attached: 1551116834382.png (665x800, 54K)

This is some /v/ level of shit. Is this what mpv users are like?

honest question; whats the point of madvr over mpv, other than proper hdr support?

madshi, is that you?

Attached: 1549356222655.jpg (301x490, 26K)

I wonder who could be behind this post

Attached: 1502816476408.png (1093x1077, 1.21M)

Fooooozooooor...

gui

thanks. so nothing then

What's wrong with mpvs HDR support?

Attached: Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4K Demo_00_00_53_0002.jpg (3840x2160, 2.52M)

>freesync on videos
I thought this was gaymer shit.

Is there a way to attenuate / remove mosquito noise and/or compression artifacts?

madvr is better, that's all

same frame so I can't be accused of bias

Attached: 1529677099359.jpg (3840x2160, 2.56M)

huh, why is mpv darker? All I have in my conf for video settings is profile=gpu-hq

Attached: Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4K Demo_00_01_09_0001.jpg (3840x2160, 3.33M)

I read over all the hdr changes and mpv just can't handle brightness like madvr can
this is a common theme with a lot of content, madvr handles extremes while mpv fails and darkens the image significantly

would this help?

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/5804

Maybe, I think this is a more fundamental issue like github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/6415

Attached: 1528094890543.jpg (3840x2160, 3.92M)

What is a good font for subtitles?

Tahoma

>JEEB | anyways I hope I'll just pull through 6360 this week-end so we can take that chapter to the end

get out vlc shill

Source Sans Pro.
>dotcolon.net/
Route 169, Aileron, Vegur.
>huertatipografica.com/en/fonts/alegreya-sans-ht

they haven't made a single commint in 6 days, mpv is dead, the dream is over mpvbros.

Two commits were merged this morning though.

>believing JEEB and his lies

Im sorry can someone point me to that win10 script again to associate files to mpv?

github.com/rossy/mpv-install

github.com/rossy/mpv-install/blob/master/README.md
use shinchiros build though

i'm not that user but are there good free versions of Galliard, Bembo, etc that are optimized for screens? like classic oldstyle book typefaces.